feeling a bit lost in NF

Hi so im new, 

can i set my own challenges? like i want to give up chocolate and energy drinks and make it a habit over 4 weeks or so. There is a 5 week challenge subforum but it doesnt seem to be for this...idk im confused.

Is NF premium worth it? im thinking of subbing to get the most out of the community.

ty for your replies. 🙂

Harken

Race: Troll, Class: Adventurer

Level: 0 (STR: 0, DEX: 0, STA: 0, WIS: 0, INT: 0, CHA: 0)

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

Mark Twain

58 minutes ago, Harken said:

Hi so im new, 

can i set my own challenges? like i want to give up chocolate and energy drinks and make it a habit over 4 weeks or so. There is a 5 week challenge subforum but it doesnt seem to be for this...idk im confused.

Is NF premium worth it? im thinking of subbing to get the most out of the community.

ty for your replies. 🙂

The  previous challenge just finished. The new one should be up very soon ( maybe by today)  It will go up in   5 week challenges subforum. That is where you  will put your goals.

I have NF premium and get a lot out of it. I like how they do coach led challeges, such as push up and pull up challenges. I use the NF academy workouts, and find the App  useful and motiivating. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Giving up chocolate and energy drinks can certainly be one of your goals in a five week challenge. Elastigirl has already said the new forums will go live soon, and she's right.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

The five-week challenges are for any goals that you want to work on and habits you want to build. There are lots of different health, fitness, nutrition, and life goals that people are working on, and there are no "wrong" goals if those goals are meaningful to you. Working on improving your nutrition by giving up chocolate and energy drinks are great goals for a challenge.

1 hour ago, Harken said:

That's exactly what the five week five challenge subforum is for. The format is five weeks of challenge, then a week of break. We're starting the week of break before the next challenge today/tomorrow, but you'll see a lot of challenges go up right away. Some people use that week to work on what they want in their challenge, or to give it a trial run to see if they've been overambitious or missed a key habit, and some just like to start right away without downtime, making it a six week challenge. It's your choice. Everyone works differently.

Your challenge goals are up to you. You can keep the same ones the whole challenge, or increase the difficulty each week. You can do one thing, and do it hard. You can do five thousand things, and get lots of people advising you to simplify it, and ignore them if you feel like it. (I mean, that's usually good advice, but you can ignore it.) You can experiment with the tracking that motivates you. You can do a hard challenge followed by an easy one, and adjust it to whatever is going on in your life.

I don't know a lot about NF premium, I'm afraid! It looks fun, but doesnt currently fit my situation.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

On 12/27/2020 at 12:51 PM, Harken said:

Hi so im new, 

ty for your replies. 🙂

Hi Harken, welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Like the others mentioned, the 5 week challenges would be a PERFECT place for this.

All you need to do is head over to this section, create a thread, and say that you want to focus on giving up chocolate and energy drinks - it's that simple :) We'd love to have you join us! I wrote out a brand new how-to that should make things simple, but it's new, so if there's any confusion with it, please let me know!

As for NF premium, I'm on Team NerdFitness - so I absolutely think the premium products are worth it, but I AM a bit biased 😂  That being said, if you have any specific questions on them, I'd be more than happy to answer! In addition, the Journey App has a 7 day free trial, so you can try it out and find out if it's right for you with no commitment at all. 

Regardless of if you choose premium products, the forums, or both, we're so glad you're here!

welcome captain GIF

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”