Ai-Seimai: I Am The One Thing In Life I Can Control

Hello, all! My name is Ai-seimai, and I'm new to this NerdFitness thing! I'm going to start this battlelog now, just to get used to the concept of posting daily. For the last few days of 2020, I'll be focusing on getting prepped for the new year. In the past I've just jumped head on into things and not found a lot of success, so this time I'm taking the time to do some prep work before jumping in. Having the intention to start in the new year gives me a time limit, so I'm not spending too much time on prep and using it as a way to avoid actually starting anything!

A little bit about me: I'm 38 years old. I live with my boyfriend and two of my kids (the third one moved out in June). About 2 years ago, I finally got up the nerve to file for a divorce. Since then, I've been working on a lot of mental health stuff (it was a very not good marriage). My mantra for 2021 is one of my favorite quotes from Hamilton, "I am the one thing in life I can control." 

So far, I've set up my bullet journal with the yearly pages and the monthly pages for January. I've established what my goals for the year are, and then come up with smaller goals for the month of January. I'm now working on establishing a habit of walking every day, which I will continue in 2021. I'm working on building up a bank of cheap, easy, fast, and healthy recipes to try so that I can have variety in my food without a lot of work. I'm mainly focusing on breakfast and lunch, because my boyfriend does the majority of cooking dinner.  I'll add my specific goal lists later.

• Like 3

2021 Goals

1) Read all the unread fiction books I own (there's a five tier bookshelf with books stacked on top of books).

2) Submit a novel to publishers (I have one that's in the reader stage that I will be focusing on for submissions).

3) Complete two years of scrapbooking.

4) Complete a cross stitch (I have one with books and a cat that I have been working on forever).

5) Finish decorating 3 Strongholds (this is a gaming thing for Star Wars: The Old Republic).

6) Walk every day this year!

7) Weigh less than 200 lbs by the end of the year (starting weight is in the 230-ish area).

😎 Pay off all credit cards (3 total cards, plus we dipped into the line of credit a bit for Christmas).

9) Do 12 SkillShare classes.

10) Finish the 1st draft of the novel I'm currently working on.

11) Celebrate all Sabbats and Esbats.

12) Read 6 books from my pagan book collection.

January Goals

Some of these goals relate to the yearly goals, while others are additional goals I want to work on.

1) Read 6 books from the unread fiction shelf. (1/6)

2) Walk at least 31 miles (1 mile/day). (1/31)

3) Drink 4 (or more) glasses of water daily. (1/31)

4) Watch 2 movies from my movie list.

5) Complete 30 days of yoga (I'm doing Adrienne's yoga thing).

6) Watch a TV show from the list.

7) Complete 15 scrapbook pages.

8 ) Finish the final draft of the book I'm sending to publishers.

9) Complete 3 SkillShare classes.

10) Decorate 3 Stronghold rooms.

11) Track all calories for 31 days. (1/31)

1/1/21

Today was excellent!

I tracked my calories and only went a little bit over my goal! I ate much healthier than I have been doing!

I drank 8 cups of water and no soda!

I walked a mile.

I didn't grab my vape until after 5:30pm!

I read a book from my TBR shelf!

I also did some housework and laundry, and I got in video game time and watched an episode of RuPaul's Drag Race with my daughter!

• Like 1