Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This crazy hand spun was rehomed to me .   Not really my style but it suits my step MIL.  She drunkly thought I was giving here a project I was simply showing her over Christmas, so I figured I'd make a shawl for her.  Just need to finish it off with a little more black wool for a smoother border.
 

 

E6299CC4-B15A-4653-A3AC-05B4DE465513.thumb.jpeg.c9fdb8881e1810011a18ae19a1bb434f.jpegABF23AC2-CF0E-4FA6-A5EA-63F7A0DA1566.thumb.jpeg.21009804632465c4ed3fce50dba6ad04.jpeg

  • Like 4

daily dare  45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

 

Link to comment

Hey crafters, I'm searching for something that I'm sure exists, but I can't find it now and I'm pretty sure I learned about it through NF, so hoping the nerds can strike again. Wasn't there some type of weekly/monthly crochet challenge that released themed block patterns, and if you put them all together at the end you got an epic afghan?

  • Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Hey crafters, I'm searching for something that I'm sure exists, but I can't find it now and I'm pretty sure I learned about it through NF, so hoping the nerds can strike again. Wasn't there some type of weekly/monthly crochet challenge that released themed block patterns, and if you put them all together at the end you got an epic afghan?

Was it this?

https://lattesandllamas.com/geek-a-week-faq/geek-a-long-squares/

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

 

Books in Progress: Just as I am (20%), An Echo in the Darkness (4%)

Inktober52 | 2024 Books completed: Unbroken

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2024,2023 | Previous Challenges: 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

 

Link to comment
13 hours ago, Asha Phoenix said:

That's exactly it! Thank you, I knew you guys wouldn't let me down!

  • Like 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Link to comment

I've been advised to poke at this group for activity since I am angling to craft this challenge and am considering it a credit toward artificer qualification. 😉

 

My latest goods for authentication:

 

1511318019_20221223_1905292.thumb.jpg.299ab9ea06844231678f0b5767af5ca3.jpg

 

114134260_20221225_0914412.thumb.jpg.5d14aa8229c573746ed2e702f27b522f.jpg

 

And the scarf has more recently reached 3/4 done. Final pics to come.

  • Like 5

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

 

Link to comment

Oooh, I haven't done any cross stitch in ages.  I'd like to pick it back up, but I think I'll focus on crocheting again first, as I'm mostly looking for something I can do with my hands while watching Critical Role and cross stitch takes a bit too much concentration for that.

  • That's Metal 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Artemis Prime said:

Oooh, I haven't done any cross stitch in ages.  I'd like to pick it back up, but I think I'll focus on crocheting again first, as I'm mostly looking for something I can do with my hands while watching Critical Role and cross stitch takes a bit too much concentration for that.

That's precisely what I do as well. :D

I made a Critmas gift exchange scarf during the intense fight in Darkstone, and was crocheting like a madwoman.

I am able to cross-stitch and sew/quilt during episodes as well. :) It's overall my favorite time to craft.

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

 

Link to comment

I'm poking my head in the door after a long absence.  And of all the things I've looked at and read about this evening, fast approaching midnight, it's the prospect of crocheting and sharing crafty stuff here that's got me ready to jump back into the fray.  I sort of lost my cro-jo for awhile, but lately I've been wanting to take it up again.  I have not watched Critical Role but I'm addicted to NPC DND from Viva La Dirt League.  It's making me really wish I could play sometime.  

  • Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

 

Things We Lose Have A Way Of Coming Back To Us In The End. If Not Always In The Way We Expect It

Link to comment
11 hours ago, Blaze said:

I'm poking my head in the door after a long absence.  And of all the things I've looked at and read about this evening, fast approaching midnight, it's the prospect of crocheting and sharing crafty stuff here that's got me ready to jump back into the fray.  I sort of lost my cro-jo for awhile, but lately I've been wanting to take it up again.  I have not watched Critical Role but I'm addicted to NPC DND from Viva La Dirt League.  It's making me really wish I could play sometime.  

I love that you're looking to get back in the crafty sphere. What do you like crocheting? :)

I haven't heard any of NPC DND. It must be really good. :) I think playing online could be something I could arrange, though I don't readily have a day available to suggest.

  • Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

I love that you're looking to get back in the crafty sphere. What do you like crocheting? :)

I haven't heard any of NPC DND. It must be really good. :) I think playing online could be something I could arrange, though I don't readily have a day available to suggest.

 

I'm not the most tech-savvy but could probably manage on-line play if you ever do have  the time and patience for me,. A one-shot could help me dip my toes in, as I'm kind of chicken.

 

As for crochet, I've done blankets, hats, scarves and such.  Practical stuff.  But I think it would be cool to do more artwork-style crochet, as I'd rather make things up as I go then fiollow a pattern.

  • Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

 

Things We Lose Have A Way Of Coming Back To Us In The End. If Not Always In The Way We Expect It

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Blaze said:

 

I'm not the most tech-savvy but could probably manage on-line play if you ever do have  the time and patience for me,. A one-shot could help me dip my toes in, as I'm kind of chicken.

I specialize in one-shots, so that'd be fine with me. I'll try to make it soon, but January already has a lot for me. 😅

 

2 hours ago, Blaze said:

As for crochet, I've done blankets, hats, scarves and such.  Practical stuff.  But I think it would be cool to do more artwork-style crochet, as I'd rather make things up as I go then follow a pattern.

I mostly make scarves and fingerless gloves, but sometimes I make a hat, and I made dice bags for a while. It's been a while since I made an afghan, but I made a few. I've only made one clothing item, and I swore to never do that again. 😂

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

 

Link to comment
On 1/1/2023 at 10:52 AM, MaeradCase said:

I think playing online could be something I could arrange, though I don't readily have a day available to suggest.

 

22 hours ago, Blaze said:

I'm not the most tech-savvy but could probably manage on-line play if you ever do have  the time and patience for me,. A one-shot could help me dip my toes in, as I'm kind of chicken.

 

19 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

I specialize in one-shots, so that'd be fine with me. I'll try to make it soon, but January already has a lot for me. 😅

Roll20 is a good, free option for online games, though I still stick with Discord for chat during games.

 

 

I'm currently working on costumes for Pensacon in February, including a Mandalorian heavy gunner:

IMG_20221228_222356528.jpg?width=727&hei

the handle has now been covered to look like bone and I'm waiting on weather to dry out so I can start painting.

  • Like 3

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

 

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Link to comment
On 1/2/2023 at 1:25 PM, Anim07734 said:

 

 

Roll20 is a good, free option for online games, though I still stick with Discord for chat during games.

 

 

I'm currently working on costumes for Pensacon in February, including a Mandalorian heavy gunner:

IMG_20221228_222356528.jpg?width=727&hei

the handle has now been covered to look like bone and I'm waiting on weather to dry out so I can start painting.

 

 

I wish I could be so crafty.  This is the way!

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

 

Things We Lose Have A Way Of Coming Back To Us In The End. If Not Always In The Way We Expect It

Link to comment

I did a thing!

5BDD6F81-1EFC-4DA8-AE12-C2D6BF2D92E5.thumb.jpeg.bc0897c1ab0815cc9d7cf56ca4986cf8.jpeg

  • Like 5

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

 

Books in Progress: Just as I am (20%), An Echo in the Darkness (4%)

Inktober52 | 2024 Books completed: Unbroken

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2024,2023 | Previous Challenges: 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

 

Link to comment

Ohmygoshguys!  This is crazy.  I met Cowbutt Crunchies!  I honestly didn't know about them before about a month ago.  They are amazing cosplay crafters and they are so fricken nice!  The connection to here is that they partially reinvigorated my sewing bug.  And now I want to explore some cosplay stuff.  Probably something Zelda/Link related, but no firm plans yet.  Also I should soon have some things to share here.

  • Like 2

daily dare  45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

 

Link to comment

IMG_5933.thumb.jpeg.ab1060bb7271948b24c3d1226a001bdf.jpeg
IMG_7288.thumb.jpeg.3314e278d10aa207766f0129792f7bd1.jpeg

my mothers xmas presents this year. Both overdue considerably, but i figure better late than never. 
pattern for the neckwarmer is Here if anyone is interested. Very worth making, this is the 3rd one I've been gulled into knitting (i hate knitting ribbing) and i am now on the 4th. 
 

armwarmer pattern is Here. Nice and simple, knits up very quickly. 

  • Like 3

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu


Challenge: #1#2

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines