Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

Welcome to the tried and true 10lbs/10 weeks weight loss challenge!

Coming down off the holidays, stressed out from almost a year of COVID or even lockdown in some cases, with a head full of New Years Resolutions, now's the time to sign-up for a Player-versus-Player accountability challenge sure to motivate you to lose that holiday poundage!  Of course we only advocate losing healthy weight and using healthy methods to get there, this playful side quest is less about beating your peers to the finish line than it is challenging yourself, making some new acquaintances, and having a place to share your battle plan or struggles along the way.

lose weight gifs Page 5 | WiffleGif

The Rules

1. Sign-up using the SPREADHSEET.  Add your name & starting weight, waist measurements optional.  10 lbs in 10 weeks (roughly 1lb or 0.5kg per week)  is the goal but feel free to increase or decrease the difficulty as you see fit.  Whatever your goals are, you are most welcome to participate!
  2. Introduce yourself to your fellow competitors!  Feel free to mention your goals, any battle plans for getting there, and what your primary motivation or inspirations are.  Feel free to mention your Challenge goals or Battle Log too!  This is an excellent place to get to know others from the forums.
  3. Update the SPREADSHEET with your weekly weigh-ins.  We're using Monday as the 'official' day, but if Sunday, Tuesday, or any other day work better, go nuts!  Just keep it at roughly a week for tracking purposes.  This challenge is aligned with the current and next 5 Week Challenges, with an optional week off for Zero Week between.  You're also welcome to hop in at any time!
  4. Have fun, encourage everyone, and keep each other accountable!

The Armchair Squid: Healthy, Happy Squid: Losing Weight

Did I mention the SPREADSHEET?

Tips for Success!

1. Make with the exercise; maybe the cardios, maybe the heavies.
  2. Do the (calorie) deficit. 
  3. Gobble the veggies.
  4. Gulp the waters.
  5. Visit and update us (and the SPREADSHEET) regularly to maximize hype!
  • Like 12
  • That's Metal 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I'm in!  I was planning on lurking again but this sounds more fun.

For those that I don't know very well, let me introduce myself.  I am a Ranger (OCR addict) who went over to the Scouts about a year ago with the intent of running an ultramarathon in 2020.  With the covid cancellations, that didn't happen and my training mojo fizzled.  I put on 15 lbs after being moved to a desk job temporarily.  The job is finished and I am back to more active work but the weight hasn't come off.  Recently there has been a complication with training.  My eyes developed a slight, temporary risk of retinal detachment and so I can't strength train or run for a few months.  That happened in November, and I have put on another 5 lbs since then.

Normally I do not care too much about weight except as a factor in how much fun I can have at races.  This 20 lb increase has become problematic in its own right though.  So I am happy to join in here and focus on dropping half of it over the next 10 weeks.  Maybe I can even see the inside of a gym again by then.

9x23 episode 23 homer simpson GIF - Find on GIFER

• Like 6

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

I've also gained some unwanted weight over the past year or two, so I'll jump in on this.  I'm more concerned with my waist than my weight, so we'll see how I do.  My current plan is just rebuilding habits to move more and eat less, but as that gets solidified I'll start adding in regular workouts again.

200.gif

• Like 7

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

This fits well with my goals - just did my weekly weigh-in this morning and saw I’m 10 lbs. off of my static ‘I’m not doing anything but eating what I’m supposed to’ weight. If this year has taught me nothing, it’s that I can 100% live without buffets, business lunches & wine binges. My body has said no mas. My brain has mostly caught up - but could use the nudge. 

• Like 6

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Ah, seeing as how I mentioned the judgement machine shaming me in my challenge, this seems a wise place to be. 

• Like 5

Glad to see you all signing on already!  :D 

For myself, I haven't been eating too hot the past month and 2020 has really been just a maintenance year for the most part (even though I dropped 20lbs during Lockdown 1.0 if not 2.0 or 3.0 haha).  I have some RPG characteristics alongside my health goals, and one of those is upgrading my character 'armor' at 200lbs - and I want that Studded Armor unlocked!  So it seemed like a great ideal to necro this PVP for my own purposes and just to spark some fun in the quiet Accountabilibuddy sub-forum!  That's my motivation, and it'll help get my closer to my body composition goals which also should help with my handstands, muscle-ups, rock climbing, and Muay Thai plans!  

The battle plan here is Paleo-ish, tracked on MFP. I also intermittently fast from 9pm-3pm (ish) and will focus on maximizing my protein and vegetable intake during my large meals during that timeframe!

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Walk In GIFs | Tenor

Hello GIF - Find on GIFER

Is this where the weights are lost?

Okay some info: highest 87KG (191) lowest 71 KG (156). I got to my lowest point by not eating, a thing, at all, and running, and crosstraining, and biking and IF5:2. It was not sustainable. Highest was from years being a professional couch potato.

At the moment i am running pretty consistently, and i restarted lifting weights 6 weeks ago, doing Linear Progression. (Did a powerlifting beginners meet in May 2019)

My goal for 2020 was doing the RatRace Dirty Weekend OCR in England in May but it got cancelled and transferred to 2021. To keep running i put my vision on doing the Eindhoven Marathon, which kept me pretty consistent, but also got cancelled (never worked up the milage to anywhere near that distance either).  So now i'm focussing on prepping for RatRaceDW 2021.

My legs are pretty good, i can easily run half a marathon, squatting and deadlifting are going up pretty easy and they feel solid. My upperbody strength is lacking though, so to kickstart that for fun i added "beach muscles" at the end of my lifting sessions (curls / skullcrushers). But i need to focus on upperbody strength as i will benefit hugely from being able to perform a decent amounts of pullups.

Facebook

Proven Innocent Savage GIF by Fox TV - Find & Share on GIPHY

And also the reason i am here.

Starting weight 81 KG (178) (post xmas).

Goal is to  be around 75-76  (166) before May.

Oow yeah, battle plan. I'm a sucker for fastfood, but i can be super strict super easy on other stuff. 

• No sweets / cookies
  • No eating in-between meals
  • No beers (sort of a new years resolution)
  • Keep running
  • Keep lifting
  • add points if needed

Also

Confused Travolta GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Wasn't there a spreadsheet around somewhere...

Kimmy Schmidt Netflix GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Find & Share on  GIPHY

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Why the hell not? I was planning on a bit of shock treatment anyway to start the year and lose the holiday weight.

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

8 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Wasn't there a spreadsheet around somewhere...

Glaring GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 4

Ooph, the judgement machine. Still, not the highest number I’ve seen in 2020, so that’s a little win. Interestingly, I last input my weight to Fitbit back in 2017, so I can see I have gained 20kg over the last 3years, so reminding myself that as slowly as I munched it on I can walk it off.

shake it off no worries by Dobre Brothers Bright Fight GIF Library

Stats:

91kg/200.6lb

113cm/44.5in around the chubbiest bit of “waist” (under the belly button, for future me’s reference)

34.2% body fat (unsure of the validity of this machine, but I’ll be using the same one for all the data, so it’ll be consistent.

C8F42ACC-D398-4688-B9EB-B8225E1850C2.png

• Like 4

Sneaking GIFs | Tenor

Don't mind me, just sneaking in quietly... 

Okay... so, I kinda toyed with a weight-loss goal for my challenge and didn't want to complicate it too much, hoping that the whole exercise and not eating like a dick would do it's thing. But I can see how a little accountability in this department would help. I stumbled on this thread completely accidentally, but it feels like a place I need to be. 

I don't know what I weigh. I'm scared to look, to be honest. BUT, there has been a steady upwards trend that I don't need a scale to tell me about, and that needs to reverse. The epic goals I have for the year ahead require fitness, endurance and stamina, and the more fluff I can get rid off, the easier that will be to obtain. That, and a confession. In October, I had my photo taken at the end of a race. I am covered in mud, tired and happy, big smile on my face... but all I see is the noticeable 'pouch' of excess weight around my middle. It bugs me, and I want the next finisher photos to reflect a different image. 

So, I will sign up, use the spreadsheet and actually do something about it rather than just being hateful towards an image of what is still a big achievement for me. 

The photo in question, if anyone is interested, is the second one in this post. I like the first because I'm wearing a coat and hiding my middle more. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF-PF4iAMKw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link  

(do insta links not work anymore?)

image.jpeg

• Like 4

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

6 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

(do insta links not work anymore?)

The forum software and Instagram software aren't cooperating atm.  The issue is being worked, but we don't have a lot of control over when it gets fixed.

• Like 2

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

As I deliberately included a weight loss goal  in my 2021 roadmap, this seems like the place to be.  Count me in.  I've been around NF for years but I've struggled to stick around  and complete challenges since mid 2019 and I'm trying to make a comeback.   I've completely fallen off the workout wagon.  I'm trying to get back in the game but I'm focusing mostly on nutrition to start off with to get to my goal.  

• Like 7

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

2 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

The forum software and Instagram software aren't cooperating atm.  The issue is being worked, but we don't have a lot of control over when it gets fixed.

Ah, got you. Come to think of it, I think I remember reading that when the updates came in. Ah well, the link should work. 

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

1 minute ago, Shello said:

As I deliberately included a weight loss goal  in my 2021 roadmap, this seems like the place to be.  Count me in.  I've been around NF for years but I've struggled to stick around  and complete challenges since mid 2019 and I'm trying to make a comeback.   I've completely fallen off the workout wagon.  I'm trying to get back in the game but I'm focusing mostly on nutrition to start off with to get to my goal.  

This is essentially me, too. I've had a fair share of not-quite making it back challenges. Welcome back!

• Like 3

Spoiler

Fetched the pullup bar from the garage yesterday and could do less than half of what I could do just a few months ago 😭. Hopefully shedding the Christmas weight along with restarting my training should bring me back up to speed pretty quickly.  Given that I've included a muscle up, 10% body fat and engaging with the community more in my goals for 2021, this challenge seems tailor-made for me, count me in!

• Like 6

"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." - Ansem, Seeker of Darkness

Current Challenge

Is it ok to fill out the spreadsheet in kg? 

I am in the mood for some 'pvp', even if the weight loss is just a minor side quest right now. 

Some background info; 

- weighed in at 87kg (192lbs) after my second baby was born in march

- went slow and steady back down to 79kg (174lbs)

- would like to get back to my original weight of ~70kg (154lbs) eventually

- but first I'll settle for comfortably fitting into the -75kg (165lbs) weight class of my sport incase we have competitions in 2021

battle plan? 

I dunno man, just eating works for me, lots of training.. maybe I can add in a little extra cardio since I have to go outside anyway. 

oh and the breastfeeding helps :D I can eat so much, it's pleasant. 

• Like 8

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

What the heck, I'm in. As much as I really want to lose weight, and have been trying for a very long time, I'm not expecting much to happen. I'm beginning to suspect I may have a hormone imbalance that's impeding my efforts, because it seems like no matter what I do, I only see results if I go with super restrictive unsustainable things, and even then, I have only managed to drop a few pounds in months. And the instant I'm not perfect with whatever the crazy is I gain it all back and often then some.

I will update my weight and waist measurement in a few days, because currently I'm measuring that at the end of the month and I want to stick with that for now. But, based on where I was at the start of the month and how things have been going, I'm guessing my weight is a bit over 170 and my waist is likely somewhere between 36 and 38 inches. Considering my "yikes" weight that started me on my fitness journey many years ago was 160, and I am a relatively small woman, these are not good numbers. Also the fact that almost all of the extra weight is on the front of my belly really drives me nuts. It's not even evenly distributed. I almost look pregnant (my youngest kid is turning 7 at the end of the month, so yeah...). Blergh.

My current plan is to go back to calorie counting, and exercise at least 3 times a week. Unless I get crazy and decide to do a Whole30. But, probably won't do that.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 8

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

I'm in! I'm very much facing the prospect of having to buy new clothes here, so it would be much preferable, not to mention economical to just lose some weight. 

Plan is: 

Keto, with lots of non-starchy vegetables and very little frankenfoods.

Drink tea in the evening instead of snacking

Honestly, that's the extent of my plan. And it's probably sufficient, if I just stick to it. 

• Like 8

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

15 hours ago, Shello said:

and I'm trying to make a comeback. 

15 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

This is essentially me, too. I've had a fair share of not-quite making it back challenges. Welcome back!

Go Shello! Go Rhovaniel!

comeback momma said knock you out GIF by LL Cool J

9 hours ago, Elennare said:

It's not even 

Spoiler

Very few people are lucky that way, and even they don't *feel* lucky. In the sense of "oh people who store everything in their belly can accentuate their legs and not look as heavy, I cannot hide my legs and hips!"

And yeah, agreed that it really sucks whem a hormonal imbalance is on the table...

Whatever it all may be, you rock, we'll find a way! And get those thoughts out, vent, try not to internalise them. (I know some people like to use harsh language to motivate themselves, if that's the case, ignore me.) After all, Your body allows you to be here and makes awesome costumes that blow my socks off, so it's pretty cool 🤩 (Again, ignore me if this is too sugary encouragement for you.) At least I try to counter such thoughts with: "ya know, brain, stress is bad for everything. INCLUDING losing weight. So... Shut it and let's get to problem-solving?"

👏

8 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I'm in! I'm very much facing the prospect of having to buy new clothes here, so it would be much preferable, not to mention economical to just lose some weight. 

Saaame 🤣 I actually had to buy a couple of new suits and shirts because I usually tuck in my shirts and that's NOT a good look when the middle is not stretchy. Did not go too overboard because I hope those won't be necessary in...half a year or so ? Otherwise, I will just capsule wardrobe, dammit.

Get it!

• Like 7

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

Not gonna lie, totally stalked followed @DarK_RaideR over here, since it sounded like just the thing I needed to accompany my goals.

I've been here for 7 years, gained and lost IDK how many pounds in that time...I lost 25lbs in 2019, gained it all back in 2020, and currently match my highest weight ever including all 3 pregnancies 😮, oddly enough it was at the beginning of 2019 that i was previously the size I am now, if I can do it once I can do it again!  My goal is to lose 50lbs this year (sustainably) by planning what I eat, stop eating when I'm full, cardio 3x a week, weight/bodyweight 1x a week.

• Like 8

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hello!  I need some accountability in my first challenge back from over a year and a half away.  This seems like a good place to get it.

Still working on my basic goals for the 5 week challenge but I need to eat less and move more.  Definitely I need to move more, as I'm currently working from home, sitting at my desk for what seems like 10 hours a day.  And then more sitting around here and there after that.  It's winter, so much harder to get out and walk or hike as I like to do. I've bought some snowshoes, so I'm going to give that a go in 2021, hopefully not injure myself in the process.

• Like 6

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

Things We Lose Have A Way Of Coming Back To Us In The End. If Not Always In The Way We Expect It

Oh I’m so in. I was starting to think I’m the only one here who is largely motivated by vanity and physical appearance 😐 I am the reigning champ of eating well for brekkie and lunch, tracking food, then having the wheels come off in the late afternoon. I managed to stay pretty active throughout pandemic times, which is good, but I also eat a LOT. I’m always way happier and more successful hitting caloric deficit through having an active day than through not eating much. 

My toolkit and special abilities will include:

• tracking food (make it easy by entering my usual go-tos into MFP)
  • Brushing teeth at 9 pm to avoid the dreaded mindless evening snacking
  • I love to walk and have zillions of podcasts queued up
  • I tend to put on muscle mass pretty easily (for a 50ish woman I mean) and am working the pushup and pull-up challenges
  • I quit drinking late November 😊

Anyway, I put down a goal of losing 10 lbs, but we’ll see how it goes. I’m more interested in waist and bodyfat %. Excited for the accountability!

Also, it’s my daughter’s 20th birthday today (happy birthday lil bug) so seems like high time to get serious about losing the ‘baby weight’ 😅

• Like 6