Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

Decided to up the difficulty level because, why not? So I baked pies and scones today.  Maybe my husband will eat them all before I do. (Actually I had planned on baking for a while. A tv show had me craving those french apple pie things, apple tarte tatin. They turned out almost right.)

I'm just getting my weight up for Monday's starting weigh in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 2

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

once I... take care of some business... gotta get those kilos down

Well, lucky I pooped, because my measurements were EXACTLY the same. This is good, it means that is my actual weight and not a weird fluctuation either direction. Bring on the weight loss! I am ready to be rid of the fanny pack of flubber on the front!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Well, lucky I pooped, because my measurements were EXACTLY the same. This is good, it means that is my actual weight and not a weird fluctuation either direction. Bring on the weight loss! I am ready to be rid of the fanny pack of flubber on the front!

"Fanny pack of flubber" is now the only term I will be using to describe my front.

Woke up this morning and did some Beat Saber for exercise. Have been planning to walk the dog in the mornings but it was far too windy this morning unfortunately.

• Like 7

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

I tried snowshoeing for the first time this weekend, walked a mile loop with a friend, beautiful snowy wonderland.  Seems like the snowshoes were a good investment, but I must work on other fun ways to exercise so I can keep the momentum between weekend walks.

The 'Way' that I've latched onto for this year is KAIZEN - 'good change' - the concept of continual improvement, making each day just 1% better than the day before.  My goals for the first challenge of the year are modest, but there's more I hope to accomplish in this PVP challenge, and more I hope to do that I won't even be tracking anywhere here, just working on getting my habits back on track after a long time 'off the rails', so to speak.   I've recorded my weight and waist on the spreadsheet, and all my measurements are on my challenge thread..   I can't wait to see what I can accomplish this year, one step at a time.

ZqX7KRj.jpg

• Like 5

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

Things We Lose Have A Way Of Coming Back To Us In The End. If Not Always In The Way We Expect It

On 12/29/2020 at 10:27 PM, KB Girl said:

oh and the breastfeeding helps :D I can eat so much, it's pleasant. 

Just make sure you don't get used to it. I have a few close by friends that, got a bit bigger when their energy expenditure went down, but they kept on eating the same way cause they were used to it. Just keep an eye on it!

On 12/30/2020 at 12:28 AM, Elennare said:

I only see results if I go with super restrictive unsustainable things,

I sometimes have the same feeling as you do. But i also know that a lot of people have that feeling cause losing weight is just pretty damn hard!

On 12/31/2020 at 1:16 PM, TiogaGirl said:

I managed to stay pretty active throughout pandemic times, which is good, but I also eat a LOT. I’m always way happier and more successful hitting caloric deficit through having an active day than through not eating much. 

My own experience is also that the tracking in itself is super hard. I'm really autistic when it comes to tracking and have done so for some periods of time. What amazes me is that even when i track EVERYTHING, i can't factor in the exercises. If i don't factor in the exercise, my weight loss roughly comes down to losing 1 lbs every 3500KCAL i eat less. But for that equation to be right i have to completely don't count the KCAL's i do from exercise. If i factored those in i should have lost much much more. Which means, that some numbers are wrong, or that i sneak in a hell of a lot of other KCALs even when i am trying to be superstrict on MFP!

The only succes i had was when i was doing intermittent fasting (5:2) which was 2 days of eating less than 500KCALS a day every week (and even the occasional 0 KCAL day) combined with some extensive cardio (2h sessions at the gym, doing ~4 minutes of running biking elliptical, each).

Spoiler

image.png.c2b803dfccd7c389f9a424556fbed955.png

On 12/30/2020 at 2:44 PM, RES said:

lose 50lbs this year (sustainably)

I wrote a reaction to this, but rereading it it felt really negative. So i'm rephrasing it to a question. What is your battleplan to achieving this?

On 12/30/2020 at 11:57 PM, Blaze said:

Still working on my basic goals for the 5 week challenge but I need to eat less and move more.  Definitely I need to move more, as I'm currently working from home, sitting at my desk for what seems like 10 hours a day.

Food is key! I have been tracking my weight and several other factors on and off for about 10 year. And even though it's hard as FUCK i know food is key in this part. Which does not mean that you don't need to get exercising!

Through all of this i have found that my main problem is willpower. I can be super strict on one thing (it's my stubborn mentality) but turning one knob is not enough in this sophisticated endeavor. Last year i have ran a lot. I don't think i will ever run as much as last year. Now i will keep on running, at least until May. And next to that i started lifting again in november. Which seems to be going pretty good. Next to that this challenge i will branch into losing weight and doing pullups (which is a combined effort). So hopefully this time not doing all of it at the same time will help me get where i want to be!

• Like 5

... a little odd in the head ...

On 12/31/2020 at 7:10 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Um, hi.  My name is Rurik and I post pics of shirtless dudes as inspo in my challenge all the time...  #TeamVanityGo!

Um, hi My name is Mr_Willes and i (am really tempted now to) post pics of a dude you know as Rurik as inspo... #TeamVanityGo!

On 12/31/2020 at 7:31 PM, Shello said:

I sense a double standard.  I need to start posting pics of shirtless ladies in my challenge for inspo  now.

James Bay GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY | James bay, Singer, Bay

On 12/31/2020 at 7:33 PM, iatetheyeti said:

(also I will be joining this PVP and I will have my stats in the spreadsheet at some point over the next few days)

YETI!!!!

Yay Excited GIF - Yay Excited Happy - Discover & Share GIFs | Excited gif,  Cute love gif, Cute little drawings

On 12/31/2020 at 7:48 PM, Elennare said:

I can't seem to find something that's sustainable for me that also works. 

By far the hardest part for me too, though i think i have found something now...

On 12/31/2020 at 7:52 PM, Athena said:

My reaction to not making it a double standard is telling dudes to put shirts ON outside 🤣 As jacked as they are. Don't do this to us. It is difficult enough staying off  of certain websites in lockdown. You know... Shoe shops, and the like.

But But GIFs | Tenor

That's my overarching goal....

On 12/31/2020 at 8:05 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I doubt you'll hear much complaint, if my experiences are any indication 🤣 and to be fair my last Momoa gif involved full clothing!

The toughest part about the whole fitness journey is sustainability.  There are so many mindset shifts needed to be successful (and I'm nowhere near), but finding tools for your toolkit help so much.  I know I can go hungry all morning/afternoon but not around bedtime, so I intermittently fast until late afternoon so I can have a full belly at bedtime to avoid snacking, for example.  I know the longer I push a workout back, the less likely it is to happen... so I wake up, go for a walk, and workout as soon as I get home.  Also finding an activity you genuinely enjoy doing (and I honestly hate exercise) but I enjoy kickboxing and climbing, etc.  I'll binge anything unhealthy in the house, so my only available snacks are oatmeal or carrots.  It's all about building systems which work for you.  Keep trying!  We're all here to help and this environment is so nurturing for accountability too.

Yeah that's the good thing about trying for several years, by now i know what (not) to do. Now to just start doing that!

On 12/31/2020 at 8:10 PM, Shello said:

I'm really less concerned with the double standard and just looking for an excuse to post i topless inspo pics.  

MikeyMo's GIF Collections | Find & Make GIFs on Gfycat

On 1/1/2021 at 12:53 PM, Endor said:

... powerlifting ...

... i have a power rack and platform in the garage.... it's very dusty.

I tend to do well when i know someone is watching and encouragement is a big motivator so I was happy to see this pvp.  

Got those 2, part of my program is powerlifting, just for the general strength. So i can put up some numbers and bother you when i'm lifting!

I can do that! Just ask around!

On 1/2/2021 at 10:13 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Ah, my PvP nemesis has resurfaced. Now the game can really begin.

Is this a one-on-one thing, or can i butt in (between) :D 

On 1/2/2021 at 12:02 PM, Endor said:

Seriously though I'm a lot more relaxed this time,  not putting too much pressure on myself. 

Also please let me know if i have to butt OUT!

20 hours ago, Endor said:

3 days with no booze, that's the longest streak for quite some time.  First inklings of clearer thinking and a tiny uptick in energy today after feeling crap the first 2 days. Also feeling less bloated.  From past experience this should get better and better as the month goes on... got to remember that!

Oow i want to start a DryJanuary thread in this part of the forum, as i found there are several Rebels that are doing this (or already started, or are thinking about it).

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 2

I kinda started on 1-1. Well not the earliest part of 1-1 cause i still had some beers and a lot of yummies. But since ACTUAL 1-1 i have been able to make some wins. Also starting weight was exactly the number that i have been seeing most frequently last month. So that's a good starting position.

Family Guy GIF - Family Guy Ready - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 2

Not nosey at all! I realized I have a hard time moderating when I drink, nothing crazy, but for me it’s just much easier to pass up the first drink than to have it and try to pass up the second or third. And sadly, drinking messes with my sleep and I will do just about anything to avoid the dreaded waking up at 3 am. Since quitting, I’ve felt better rested, less anxious and generally happier (I’m sure the anxiety and happiness tie directly back to better rest).  I am glad to hear you are starting to see that benefit too! 

ETA oh that was supposed to be a quote-reply to Endor. Clearly quitting the drink has not improved my posting finesse! Ha! Baby steps.

• Like 4

I did my workouts and watched my eating during the weekend, but I also ate and drank recklessly from the time I decided to join this PvP up to said weekend, so they totally cancel each other out, right? Right?

Anyway, weighed in at 96,9kg this morning. I was 92-93 like a year ago. There is work to be done.

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Ok. Spreadsheet updated. Mood thoroughly dented. I think I'll be ok once I get past the grey cloud that created, but seeing those numbers was a bit of a slap in the face for me. And a wake-up. That's almost almost 20lbs/10kg I've put on since I last checked.

• Like 3

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

39 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

Mood thoroughly dented.

I 100% relate. If this helps: Visualise the number as a tool. Like a screwdriver or a hammer or something. All you care about is the delta, not the actual number. It's a tool to track with, so your goal process gets managed.  

I keep telling myself: Lookin' pretty and fit or even "being a healthier/healthy weight" is not what I want to do for a living, nor as a hobby, so it is normal it does not get prioritised. But because it's such a pesky process, it had to be prioritised at least for some time to happen. And you are doing that now 😎 Awesome! Let's do this.

• Like 5

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

Starting weight on the spreadsheet.  I'm not at all where I'd like to be but pleased with a 4 pound loss since joining Noom in early November.  

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1 hour ago, iatetheyeti said:

Ok. Spreadsheet updated. Mood thoroughly dented. I think I'll be ok once I get past the grey cloud that created, but seeing those numbers was a bit of a slap in the face for me. And a wake-up. That's almost almost 20lbs/10kg I've put on since I last checked.

I'm in the same boat, but we'll get there.

200.gif

• Like 4

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

My 2 pieces of copper comment is simply... forget where you used to be.  It's a new year and we're all a year (or so) older and today is a new day.

So whatever you weigh today and whatever your measurements are today, are your starting point in this journey.  Comparing yourself to pre-2020 weight or pre-baby body or your high school football/cheerleading/band geek physique isn't fair to who you are today.  You wouldn't judge your 18yr old self by your 40yr old wisdom, would you??  😆

I, for one, am making a commitment to myself:  today is the day 1 of a new character, a new skill tree, a new quest. 

Today I weighed in a 216.6lbs.  My goal weight over the next 11 weeks (two challenges + Zero Week) is 206lbs.

The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild Link GIF - TheLegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWild LegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWild TheLegendOfZelda GIFs

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

2 hours ago, Athena said:

I 100% relate. If this helps: Visualise the number as a tool. Like a screwdriver or a hammer or something. All you care about is the delta, not the actual number. It's a tool to track with, so your goal process gets managed.  

I keep telling myself: Lookin' pretty and fit or even "being a healthier/healthy weight" is not what I want to do for a living, nor as a hobby, so it is normal it does not get prioritised. But because it's such a pesky process, it had to be prioritised at least for some time to happen. And you are doing that now 😎 Awesome! Let's do this.

I'm trying to. Part of me thinks I'd be happier not knowing the number, but it is a tool, and it will help me get to where I want to be.

1 hour ago, Anim07734 said:

I'm in the same boat, but we'll get there.

200.gif

That we will :) 

7 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

My 2 pieces of copper comment is simply... forget where you used to be.  It's a new year and we're all a year (or so) older and today is a new day.

So whatever you weigh today and whatever your measurements are today, are your starting point in this journey.  Comparing yourself to pre-2020 weight or pre-baby body or your high school football/cheerleading/band geek physique isn't fair to who you are today.  You wouldn't judge your 18yr old self by your 40yr old wisdom, would you?? 

Very true. Just gotta make that shuffle into the right mindset.

• Like 3

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Went to weigh myself and my scale's batteries are dead. I'll get some today.  Measured my belly. Minimal goal, I would like to lose 2",   though a couple more would be nice to give myself some squish room

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

5 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

I feel you. I stood on the scales and it was a real gut punch moment. I've let it get way out hand, and I'm genuinely scared - what if I can't shift this damn weight. Having the spreadsheet there is both motivating and intimidating, if that makes any sense? But I'm determined to see it through.

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

So whatever you weigh today and whatever your measurements are today, are your starting point in this journey.  Comparing yourself to pre-2020 weight or pre-baby body or your high school football/cheerleading/band geek physique isn't fair to who you are today. 

This is very true. But I'm finding it hard not to berate myself for letting it get this bad. For seeing the upward trend creeping over the last year, two years and not making any real changes. 

• Like 4

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

3 hours ago, EricMN said:

I needed to see this. I needed to be on your spreadsheet.

I needed to see the scale, but I didn't like it. 😬

2 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

This is very true. But I'm finding it hard not to berate myself for letting it get this bad. For seeing the upward trend creeping over the last year, two years and not making any real changes. 

Welcome to Day 1.

The Evolution of Lightsabers : gifs

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

8 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

avoid the dreaded waking up at 3 am.

I had not attributed this to alcohol, now you mention it I've been waking up at 6 or 7 busting for a wee... because i haven't been up in the night.  I agree, that's a major plus. Mood is also improving and patience level too. After only 4 days!

I'm not controlling diet at all at the moment,  stopping drinking is enough to cope with initially.  

• Like 4

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

So whatever you weigh today and whatever your measurements are today, are your starting point in this journey.  Comparing yourself to pre-2020 weight or pre-baby body or your high school football/cheerleading/band geek physique isn't fair to who you are today.  You wouldn't judge your 18yr old self by your 40yr old wisdom, would you??  😆

I, for one, am making a commitment to myself:  today is the day 1 of a new character, a new skill tree, a new quest. 

Today I weighed in a 216.6lbs.  My goal weight over the next 11 weeks (two challenges + Zero Week) is 206lbs.

The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild Link GIF - TheLegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWild LegendOfZeldaBreathOfTheWild TheLegendOfZelda GIFs

The words were pretty good but the gif is just pure gold. 

Was pleased by my weigh in today. 
I am moderating, had half a cup of hot chocolate, one plate of dinner, one slice of cheese on my sandwhiches. 

• Like 5

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

16 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I wrote a reaction to this, but rereading it it felt really negative. So i'm rephrasing it to a question. What is your battleplan to achieving this?

Pretty much the same as when I lost 30 in 2019...eat when hungry, stop when full...3-4 days cardio workouts and 1 day strength training.  

slip ups are okay and human, just don't unpack and live there

• Like 5

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 1/4/2021 at 10:54 AM, pureleeawesome said:

"Fanny pack of flubber" is now the only term I will be using to describe my front.

How did I miss this comment?! Lol, it’s sad but true. An accurate descriptor for the shape of my body making sure I wouldn’t starve. We’re good body. Time to let go!

Are we doing progress pics? Cos we are now! Sorry shirtless lovers, have to keep it sfw(ish, god knows I would die if I somehow wound up at work in my swimmers).

89C5C43F-46D7-49B2-BC85-D1750FB8DC24.jpeg

4EAEE2CA-8AFD-4DD9-B399-8F59453E0C59.jpeg

• Like 9

Well i started of this challenge pretty awesome.

Weigh in monday: 80.5

Weigh in tuesday: 80

I know this is no representative for an actual loss, but still it's nice to see the trend going the right way!

@Rurik Harrgath i am one of those people who weighs every day, could that be facilitated in that BEAUTIFUL spreadsheet of yours. (I actually love a trend with a trailing averages and know how to facilitate, even with my severely limited spreadsheet skills)

Also please let me know if there are objections to it, i can do it just as easily do it somewhere else.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Willes said:

Well i started of this challenge pretty awesome.

Weigh in monday: 80.5

Weigh in tuesday: 80

I know this is no representative for an actual loss, but still it's nice to see the trend going the right way!

@Rurik Harrgath i am one of those people who weighs every day, could that be facilitated in that BEAUTIFUL spreadsheet of yours. (I actually love a trend with a trailing averages and know how to facilitate, even with my severely limited spreadsheet skills)

Also please let me know if there are objections to it, i can do it just as easily do it somewhere else.

Nice work!

Perhaps adding a “graphs” tab? I’m fillling it in from my phone, so I don’t think that’s something I’ll use, but interested to see your graph!

PS I am doing everything on my phone this challenge as Mr’s PC carked it so he has commandeered my laptop. I am SO happy about the gif button for the phone

Happy Feliz GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2