Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

3 hours ago, Endor said:

What gif button? Oh cool :D

light saber fighting GIF

Oh hello!  The gif button wasn't working for me and I haven't been able to see gifs posted using it.  But it seems to be working for me now..

Raise Your Glass Dancing GIF by P!NK

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

12 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Also please let me know if there are objections to it, i can do it just as easily do it somewhere else.

I am merely a spreadsheet Padawan and adapted the current tracker from the past 10/10 challenges., so I really have no idea how to add a daily weigh-in for the rest of the PVP without it getting very very long.  When I have some time I'll take a look at options!

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Oh man, I felt soooo snacky last night after dinner. Not really sure why, I had eaten plenty and not had a super active day... I think just slipped into the habit of eating chips, ice cream, crackers etc while watching TV to de-stress from (waves hand) everything. I ended up eating a bunch of dried apricots, which while not ideal were still better than the alternatives. Tonight’s plan is to prominently position even healthier snacks. (If only because the apricots are gone now)

Weight down a little both yesterday and today!

• Like 7

Oh gods, please everyone post a bunch so I’m not looking at my blurry frog belly every time I roll past this page 😵

In the spirit of lighting a candle rather than cursing the darkness, I planned out food for the day in MFP and did some pushups. Now going to walk to work (could work from home but nothing like a walking commute to keep activity up there! And lots of podcasts cued up.)

• Like 4
50 minutes ago, TiogaGirl said:

Oh gods, please everyone post a bunch so I’m not looking at my blurry frog belly every time I roll past this page 😵

Kudos to you for posting a progress pic.  I haven't even taken one.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Gah this is going to be harder than I expected. My bad habits have set more than I realized.  And unfortunately when you share your space with someone who isn't changing their eating habits, it's not like you can just remove all the junk food.  Midnight snacking may be my downfall here.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Shark week and cutting out junk snacks at the same time is... interesting. I really want to be eating chocolate right now, but I have none. And now I can't go out and get it thanks to lockdown. And that's a genuine thanks! When I get the urge to go to the shop, I remind myself we're in lockdown and ask myself if my chocolate craving is worth potentially being infected or infecting others. Extreme, but it's working for the moment. Just.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

25 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

And unfortunately when you share your space with someone who isn't changing their eating habits, it's not like you can just remove all the junk food.  

RIGHT?? I could probably get my hubby on board with ditching or reducing junk food in the house, but both my kids are home for the break and I'd prefer not to do that to them. 

• Like 5

WOAHHHH you had all the cravings and went for dried apricots?

And then you prepped other healthier snacks? Or at least, snacks that are less likely to keep feeding the craving cycle? Boss move 😎

Also, psssht! Just PSSSHT! I don't mind scrolling past your frog belly. Yasha's pic was fine as well. This is NF and what we're here to do. It's Day 1 or 2 today y'all. 🤩 (Referring to Rurik's speech.) Glad to be here for yours.

(While I enjoy creative self-depreciative humor like blubber fanny pack, don't give your brain ammo to bring you down with. ;D .)

Carry on with working on it, in the name of vanity or whatever you like 💪

• Like 5

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

Thanks for posting a pic! I thought it was going to be only my belly out for the world to see XD

You have my shoulder definition goals! We got this. Just gotta keep with the working on it, like Athena said ^

work out exercise GIF
Vanityyyyyyyhy

• Like 5

I have so far managed to stick to my calorie goal with MFP. I'm not entirely sure exactly how it handles exercise, but it's said I met my goal so I'm just going to trust it knows what it's doing and go with that. Well, today I'm maybe over by ~100 calories, but maybe I won't be after I exercise? Close enough, especially since it's almost shark week and I have been wanting to eat ALL the carbs today, so staying that close is a huge win for today.

Since we're adding starting pictures, here's mine. I don't like it, but it is what it is. 20210101_115721.thumb.jpg.f7c45cb507ee56ee3540d3b26f28064c.jpg

• Like 6

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

I can't manage a decent full body selfie on my phone, how are you all taking your progress pictures?

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Mine was in the full length mirror, but you can also prop your phone up while taking a video and pause in the positions then screenshot from the video. Looks like someone else took Ellenare’s for them, that’s extra level brave. There are options ^_^

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

but you can also prop your phone up while taking a video and pause in the positions then screenshot from the video.

Thanks, I wouldn't have thought of that! 

― Neil Gaiman

Spoiler

VideoCapture_20210107-212000.thumb.jpg.4629960da571b1f1d4b187773b0c482f.jpg

With my before pic.  Oddly, I feel okay about how I look (just wish my clothes fit better).  But my bf% is in the obese range so I know that some fat needs to come off.

• Like 5

― Neil Gaiman

Tough day today for no particular reason I'm really hankering for a few beers.  Normally this far in (7 days alcohol free done)  I'm cruising along easily.  Also very hungry and cranky today,  maybe my body is complaining about lack of calories or sugar.  

On the plus side clothes feel a bit looser.

• Like 6

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Got my scale and weighed myself. I was not happy. The number was as big as when I first started with NF. Granted, some of that is muscle, which is great. But, way too much is fluff.  I am pondering tracking on MFP. For next week, I think I will just do what I did this week, plus  tighten up on the snacking and seconds  and see how I do. 

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Got my scale and weighed myself. I was not happy. The number was as big as when I first started with NF. Granted, some of that is muscle, which is great. But, way too much is fluff.  I am pondering tracking on MFP. For next week, I think I will just do what I did this week, plus  tighten up on the snacking and seconds  and see how I do. 

What are your thoughts on MFP?  Going the calorie counting route is contentious for me. I'm really hoping to manage my weight sustainably this time and counting has led to rebound weight when I stop.  But not counting hasn't led to any weight loss at all... ah the dilemma!

• Like 2

― Neil Gaiman

1 hour ago, Kestrel Grey said:

What are your thoughts on MFP?  Going the calorie counting route is contentious for me. I'm really hoping to manage my weight sustainably this time and counting has led to rebound weight when I stop.  But not counting hasn't led to any weight loss at all... ah the dilemma!

I used MFP for a long time, and then I got sick of it.Now the idea of going back to it gives me lots of mixed emotions. It can be stressful trying to figure out the calories in anything that is not just meat, carbs, and veggies. A piece of chicken, serving of rice and veggies is easy to track, but  soup is harder. And I've had that issue, where when I stop I rebound weight.But, not counting hasn't led to weight loss at all. I'm thinking if I do it, do it just for a couple of weeks to get a good feeling for the amount of food I can eat.

• Like 5

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I've been using MFP to track this week and while it can get tedious I try not to let myself get to caught up in it - if I scan an item and the kj is out but isn't too widely different I leave it, I just made a meal and while I have the recipe list I wasn't exact with my measurements but just kept to what the list has when figuring out what to enter. It might help for me though that I still tend to eat under what I'm meant to so I'm not to worried when I do go over.

I'm sort of looking forward to weigh in tomorrow but also nervous. What if I haven't lost anything 😐

• Like 3

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

1 hour ago, pureleeawesome said:

I'm sort of looking forward to weigh in tomorrow but also nervous. What if I haven't lost anything 😐

Same here, an odd feeling... 

Im going to wait until Monday though to check progress, give the pizza a chance to pass.

• Like 3