Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

10 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

cocktail vodka GIF by Dropbear

it was TimTams, wasn’t it?

TimTams are my jam. I love trying all the flavours and doing comparative TimTam slams to see which ones hold up better/still taste as good.

I've been disappointed lately because I heard there were dark chocolate TimTams with chilli and I haven't seen them anywhere - it looks like they're only in Sydney :(

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
  • That's Metal 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

1 hour ago, pureleeawesome said:

- it looks like they're only in Sydney :(

...Want me to post you one?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Does anyone else here use the app My BVI? It scans you from front and side and spits out estimates of visceral fat + bodyfat %age. I have to resist the tendency to compare the measures from my smart scale and from the BVI app and ‘pick’ whichever one I like better. I suspect neither is all that accurate in terms of absolute numbers, and I should pay attention to trends over time, but curious to hear other people’s experiences. I got underwater weighed one time in my 20s (the joys of having a kinesiologist for a dad) back when I was super fit and lean... that’s supposed to be super reliable, but it’s also a bit inconvenient!

That sounds interesting!

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

15 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

cocktail vodka GIF by Dropbear

it was TimTams, wasn’t it?

i had the great pleasure of introducing my American friends to the TimTam slam while over for a wedding. You just, gotta *shrug* 

sounds like you kicked that brain gremlins butt! Way to go!

TimTams were definitely on the list! We currently have 4 varieties in my local grocery - all at a crazy mark up to be sure. The checkout line also had chocolate frogs & koalas - plus some other weirdo UK Dairymilk business. The snack aisle(s) where I live are an endless source of amusement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

3 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

plus some other weirdo UK Dairymilk business

You take that back! Nothing weird about Dairymilk! :P I practically grew up on that stuff as a weekend treat lol.

Seriously though, what's not to love? It's a slab of solid milk chocolate. Nothing more, nothing less.

(Unless you get the whole nut variety, the oreo variety, the fruit and nut one... there's a few different ones out there! ) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

On 1/12/2021 at 10:54 PM, TiogaGirl said:

Does anyone else here use the app My BVI? It scans you from front and side and spits out estimates of visceral fat + bodyfat %age. I have to resist the tendency to compare the measures from my smart scale and from the BVI app and ‘pick’ whichever one I like better. I suspect neither is all that accurate in terms of absolute numbers, and I should pay attention to trends over time, but curious to hear other people’s experiences. I got underwater weighed one time in my 20s (the joys of having a kinesiologist for a dad) back when I was super fit and lean... that’s supposed to be super reliable, but it’s also a bit inconvenient!

Anything scanning you from an app on your phone is going to be horseshit IMO.  I have used Dexa scans in the past,  they're accurate and relatively inexpensive if you do one every 3 months or so. 

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

13 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Nothing weird about Dairymilk

Over here in Oz they put something in it to help prevent it melting and i think the milk content is different as well.  Its about half as nice as UK Dairymilk to me. I find it a bit greasy, similarly not a big fan of American chocolate like Hershey.  Of course Aussies that grew up on it generally think the Aus version is better.  They also do a version of whole nut here that has crushed hazelnuts.  So wrong! Man i miss the chocolate bars and crisps in the UK. Can't get Topic here,  first thing i buy when I'm back for a visit!

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

9 hours ago, pureleeawesome said:

If you would be okay with that, I would love that!

Sure! Pop me a PM

• Like 2

14 days alcohol free and started doing some more walking, aiming for 20 km (12 miles) a week.  Starting to notice some changes, think I've lost a bit in my face.

No more snacks, kill the cake!

angry weight loss GIF by Bounce

• Like 5

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Ohhhhhh, we’re halfway there

ooooh-hoh 

Lizards GIF

EDIT: we are halfway through dry Jan, and I am a ninkompoop who can’t read topic titles 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Playing on hard mode! Dinner at our favourite pub for date night. Asked the bartender to bring me a jug of ice water and am so far so stronk 

B50E1C63-8FFD-4DB0-B4D6-E004B2885AF1.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
  • That's Metal 4
8 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Kick Names Take Ass GIF - KickNames TakeAss Drax - Discover & Share GIFs

I did exactly that!

Big jug of ice water, one glass of apple juice and I made it out unscathed!

...I did also mean to post both the lizards and the pub update in the dry Jan thread, but here we are 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

So I'm joining in... because I would like to actually see what has me lose weight a little over 8 week. I dont' stick too much but after getting caught up...

I want in! 

To add to the sheet... do I insert cell... I don't want to break anything by accident. 

More rows added and formulas copied.

welcome stephen colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Like 5

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

All right, I might need to dial up the effort a leeeetle more (she says, looking at a 0.1 pound loss over the last 2 weeks).

Activity started off pretty strong early in Jan, but we got hit with another stay home order this week 😭 While outdoor exercise is still allowed, I have been mostly working from home so losing out on my usual walking commute. There’s absolutely nothing stopping me from walking the same distance, either as a hike or even just walking up to campus and turning around/heading home! It’s just a matter of building/changing the habit. Strength training is going well, some days kettlebells, some days the chin-up workout.

Nutrition is where I am sabotaging myself, usually late in the day. As a 1% improvement I just moved the giant open bag of chocolate chips (ostensibly for baking but somehow turn into snacks on their own) from the kitchen to the creepy basement freezer, and started thawing ground turkey for meatball prep later today. 

Anyway. I guess I am just posting these ramblings to hold myself accountable for the buckle down coming in 3... 2... 1... 

• Like 7

0.6kg loss for me this week.

While there's a part of me that's upset that it's less than half of last weeks loss I do have to acknowledge that I ate a whole pizza (Domino's Spicy Paneer) and had fish and chips this week and the fact that I still lost 0.6kg after that is awesome.

I would also like to work on increasing my activity so am pledging that the week coming, any day I am not doing a physical activity (which should be Tues, Thurs & Sat) I will do 30 minutes of Beat Saber, or if I buy another fitness VR game, 30 minutes of that.

• Like 4

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

I'm stumped. This week I started losing weight a little (0.4 kg) and also started having depressive and anxiety episodes.  To make them stop I have to eat a ton of calories.

Advice on keeping my blood sugar up while eating less?

• Like 3

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

12 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I'm stumped. This week I started losing weight a little (0.4 kg) and also started having depressive and anxiety episodes.  To make them stop I have to eat a ton of calories.

Hmmm, well you should take my advice with a huge grain of salt because I am nowhere near 0.4 kg lost yet and you are GOALS! And I don’t know what you are eating currently. But maybe tweak your macros to focus more on protein and fat, or lower glycemic carbs?  Especially in the morning, when I eat things like bagels or pancakes I can literally feel myself getting hangrier, whereas blowing the same calories on a frittata, veggie scramble or a protein shake sets me up for hours and hours. 

ETA I hope you’re feeling better!

• Like 5
On 1/15/2021 at 6:43 PM, Anim07734 said:

More rows added and formulas copied.

You da real MVP.

On 1/16/2021 at 4:17 AM, TiogaGirl said:

Activity started off pretty strong early in Jan, but we got hit with another stay home order this week 😭 While outdoor exercise is still allowed, I have been mostly working from home so losing out on my usual walking commute. There’s absolutely nothing stopping me from walking the same distance, either as a hike or even just walking up to campus and turning around/heading home! It’s just a matter of building/changing the habit. Strength training is going well, some days kettlebells, some days the chin-up workout.

Nutrition is where I am sabotaging myself, usually late in the day. As a 1% improvement I just moved the giant open bag of chocolate chips (ostensibly for baking but somehow turn into snacks on their own) from the kitchen to the creepy basement freezer, and started thawing ground turkey for meatball prep later today. 

Anyway. I guess I am just posting these ramblings to hold myself accountable for the buckle down coming in 3... 2... 1... 

We've been in lockdown since mid-Nov as well, not even a single easing of restrictions since.  Just to suggest what has worked in my camp here...

1. LONG morning walk, or ideally a ruck (weighted pack) with stretching after.
  2. Two shorter 20-30min workouts, one earlier and one right before dinner.
  3. Yoga or stretching before bed.
  4. Some kind of 'challenge' you can do throughout the day - 160 Seconds A Day principle, for example.  I have a rock climbing hangboard in my home gym which is between the living area and my bathroom, so I do pull-ups followed by kettlebell swings EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I walk to the bathroom, even if it's just to wash my hands.  Legit takes ~20 seconds, it's not exhausting, but incrementally builds up through the day, and most importantly counts as NEAT/movement/muscle stimulation.

And evening nutrition is my ongoing struggle as well.  Hiding the chocolate chips is a good start, but have you tried semi-sweet or dark chocolate?  Neither are as palatable by hand (in my opinion, at least), but are just as tasty in baking.  Also you could try eating later and later through the day, or smaller meals until dinner and bedtime snack to allow yourself a window to fill-up when you know your struggle hours are coming.

I always have a massive serving of veggies and meat for dinner, and have protein cookies shortly before bed.  That ensures (usually) I'm not looking for junk later in the evening.  If we're sitting down for a movie at say 8pm, I'll start my cookies around that time and have those as a slow munching snack while we watch.  They aren't exactly  top tier sugary snacks, but they're a treat and help motivate me earlier in the day knowing I have sweets coming.  Over time I barely even think about other treats.

It isn't fullproof, and I still have binge days or bad takeout, but even if it helps 50% of the time, I'm doing pretty good.

15 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

DISCLAIMER:  I am not a nutritionist, but I am studying to get my Nutri cert so take what I say with a grain of salt... try keeping your carbs slowly sustaining you all day.  Eat some slow carbs (whole grains like oats or potatoes, beans, nuts etc) at every meal is going to keep your blood sugar consistent throughout the day.  If it's more about needing the dopamine spike of a sweet treat, then that is likely a sugar-related pleasure spike rather than actively serving your blood sugars, so you would be best served exploring healthy alternatives to your favorite treats whether those are homemade BCAA gummies, protein cookies/muffins, baked potato and veggie chips, etc.

HOWEVER, and hear me out, my own depression/anxiety-related eating issues were far better stemmed through intermittent fasting.  Getting into that habit of keeping occupied throughout the afternoon, not eating until 1-3pm and then knowing I can fill up until 8pm (usually breakfast meal, dinner meal, protein cookies - every single day) gives me something to look forward to, productivity during the day (whatever that looks like, even if it's only doing laundry), and ideal blood sugar/energy levels all day.  It isn't a change you can make over night, it'll take time to test what eating windows work for your body and schedule, and you'd want to ease into it because the hunger pangs initially are a real PITA, but it could be a sustainable change which might make a big impact on your quality of life for years to come. 

Plus it becomes a discipline/productivity mini-game to help reign in my racing mind - "If I can just survive the next four hours, I can have my protein cookies tonight and that means sweets and also means bedtime is coming after."  Just breathe, find something to help me stay busy (because I know productivity is going to come with a measure of satisfaction after), and keep focused on a small win that is coming.  A healthy treat to look forward to later also won't have the associated crash of sugar nor the feeling of guilt attached to 'failing' your goals.

Worth looking into, if nothing else!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Oooh protein cookies, that’s a great idea! Do you have any recommended recipes? I just mixed up some batter now, based on a big bag of chocolate protein powder that I don’t like the weird taste of [artificial sweetener is way to sweet, boo] -but hope the addition of PB, coconut and eggs will dilute. 

Also good idea to fill up on veggies and veggie dishes. I just now made some begun Bhaji, my favourite Indian dish of all time. This is not quite as nice as my favourite delivery place but comes pretty close! 

• Like 3

I've lost a kilo (about 2 lbs)! 

I think it's interesting I didn't lose anything in week one but have caught up. I know weight fluctuates quite a bit anyway (especially for ladies). I have now settled on exactly when I'll do the weigh-in each week, which should help for consistency.

I also took some pics and do think there is a bit of a difference. Still trying to keep the long term in mind though and not overly fuss about the numbers (although it is so nice to see some numerical improvement!) 

• Like 8

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp