Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

3 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

You da real MVP.

Nah, I'm just an engineer and math nerd, so I've spent a lot of time playing around with Excel and Google Sheets to figure out functionality.

• Like 4

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

4 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Oooh protein cookies, that’s a great idea! Do you have any recommended recipes? I just mixed up some batter now, based on a big bag of chocolate protein powder that I don’t like the weird taste of [artificial sweetener is way to sweet, boo] -but hope the addition of PB, coconut and eggs will dilute. 

Also good idea to fill up on veggies and veggie dishes. I just now made some begun Bhaji, my favourite Indian dish of all time. This is not quite as nice as my favourite delivery place but comes pretty close! 

My recipe is shit-simple and macro friendly.

1 serving (I usually double and adjust to my macros) is 1/4 cup oats, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 scoop protein, with 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips or other accent for flavor.  Slowly add water until halfway between 'doughy' and 'liquidy', then bake ~380F for 10-12ish minutes.  It's a very imperfect science because every protein powder seems to have different qualities from water retention to consistency to baking length.  🤷‍♂️

Sometimes I'll do white chocolate chips with chocolate protein, or add craisins, or coconut shavings, even pecan crumbles.  There are so many different ways you can make them fun but still healthy - and my doubled recipe is around 700 calories at the high end.

Finding a way to make veggies fun and filling is a gamechanger.  Almost a superhero powerup.  If you can fill up on something like 300g of veggies (which is a huge, huge, huge amount by quantity and quality of nutrients), you're only into it for about 150 calories depending on the veggie.  That's my go-to.  Volume is your friend!  B) 

• Like 7

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

18 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I'm stumped. This week I started losing weight a little (0.4 kg) and also started having depressive and anxiety episodes.  To make them stop I have to eat a ton of calories.

Advice on keeping my blood sugar up while eating less?

Unless you’ve got health problems your body should be able to keep up its blood sugar levels by itself. 
if you’re normally healthy then I’d look at other causes, maybe just the low calories or too low fat or maybe even a coincidence?

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

I’ll be weighing in tomorrow, as I didn’t make it down to the judgement machine before I ate breakfast. No change on inches, so we shall see if any change in kilos... my knees look more toned/less chubby, so even if I haven’t seen progress elsewhere I am please with my knees 😂 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • That's Metal 1
5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Unless you’ve got health problems your body should be able to keep up its blood sugar levels by itself. 
if you’re normally healthy then I’d look at other causes, maybe just the low calories or too low fat or maybe even a coincidence?

Hmmm I am pretty sure that I don't have any diabetes type issues.  It definitely is tied to skipping my midday snacks though.  Today I had a big pancake brunch and have had no anxiety attacks.

What @Rurik Harrgath said about dopamine might be the real issue. (My winter s.a.d. medication is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor.)  Getting that midday dopamine hit seems important. I didn't realize sugar affected dopamine?

• Like 4

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

37 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

I’ll be weighing in tomorrow, as I didn’t make it down to the judgement machine before I ate breakfast. No change on inches, so we shall see if any change in kilos... my knees look more toned/less chubby, so even if I haven’t seen progress elsewhere I am please with my knees 😂 

Sexy knees are an awesome accomplishment! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

On 1/16/2021 at 8:18 AM, Yasha92 said:

dry Jan thread

oh i didn't know about this..i shall look instead of boring everyone here with my AF updates! 

Down another 1.5kg (3.3lbs) this week. Not really changed that much in my diet, just shows beer really does stack the weight on me!

• Like 5

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

My recipe is shit-simple and macro friendly.

1 serving (I usually double and adjust to my macros) is 1/4 cup oats, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 scoop protein, with 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips or other accent for flavor.  Slowly add water until halfway between 'doughy' and 'liquidy', then bake ~380F for 10-12ish minutes.  It's a very imperfect science because every protein powder seems to have different qualities from water retention to consistency to baking length.  🤷‍♂️

This has me curious. I'm vegetarian and struggling to get enough protein. But I hate shakes! So maybe this is a way to take some protein powder without having to drink it...

• Like 3

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

Starting weight: 96.9kg

End of W1: 96kg

End of W2: 94.9kg

That's twice the intended rate, even though I wasn't feeling bloated or anything. Still, considering my usual walking weight last year was 92-93kg, I'm now nearing an expected rough spot and/or plateau.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1),  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6), Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

8 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I lost 7cm from my bust and barely lost (and put on) in other places. That was heartbreaking.

• Sad 3

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

That's twice the intended rate, even though I wasn't feeling bloated or anything. Still, considering my usual walking weight last year was 92-93kg, I'm now nearing an expected rough spot and/or plateau.

Nice work! Or alternatively, daaaaaang. A plateau isn’t always a bad thing! A researcher at the uni I work at have been trying to raise awareness off what he calls “interval weightloss”, where you lose a bit, stabilise, lose a bit, stabilise etc etc. he is arguing that it is the most effective way to actually keep the weight off once you lose it. It’s emerging science so results aren’t suuuuper longitudinal but I think he’s up to 10years or something in some of them...

11 minutes ago, pureleeawesome said:

I lost 7cm from my bust and barely lost (and put on) in other places. That was heartbreaking.

Nooooooo!!! Not the boobers! That’s the worst :( I get that too, where non-problematic areas start losing and I look even more potbellied than I did before. Dangit “can’t spot reduce fat” gods!!! *shakes fist at the sky*

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Week 3 is usually a plateau/slow down for me too

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

image.png.2c3f3d59effadc8d164e68b04d1e2a01.png

image.png.69dd67c7262fc9592a71388e596aacc1.png

Monday the 4th: 80.6

Monday the 11th: 80.4

Monday the 18th: 80,0

an average of 0.6 KG in 2 weeks. Not the same speeds as the most around here, but i'll take it! Trend is going down let's keep it that way.

And i want a big round of applause for everyone sticking to their plan!!!

Applause Minions GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHYHappy Minion GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHYMinion-Clapping – Find and Share Funny Animated Gifs | Minion gif, Minions  funny, MinionsExcited Cheering GIF by Minions - Find & Share on GIPHYHappy celebration excited GIF on GIFER - by Kadal

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Starting Weight, 4 January 2021: 216.4lbs (98.2Kg)

Weigh-in, 11 January 2021: 211.4lbs (95.9Kg)

Weigh-in, 18 January 2021: 208.4lbs (94.5Kg)

I knew I couldn't keep pace from last week as a lot of that was just bloat and water weight. So far this has all been dietary changes and getting back to the healthy food choices I made for years. I'm going to need to start adding in a consistent exercise component to keep trending in the right direction.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

Starting Weight: 265.8

Jan 11: 264.6 (down 1.2)

Jan 18:  264.2 (down 0.4)

Last week wasn't as successful but still trending down.  I batch cooked lunches and dinner but they didn't work together very well and I ended up over my calorie goal almost every day.  My usual lunch is high protein and high calories.  It worked better back in the day when I was doing IF.  But I haven't been able to get back into that habit so having breakfast calories and a high calorie lunch made dinner too strict and I couldn't stick with it.  I've made some tweaks to breakfast and lunches this week to reduce calories earlier in the day and increase freggies.  

• Like 6

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

6 hours ago, pureleeawesome said:

Of it helps, weight loss around the bust is often back fat that you are losing.

• Like 4

― Neil Gaiman

Down 0.8 lbs this week after losing nothing the first week. I still need to figure out that mid-afternoon crash, but otherwise I'm happy with some progress.  And without resorting to calorie counting just yet. ;)

• Like 4

― Neil Gaiman

Bad part is I didn't lose, good part is I didn't gain...going to cut out the alcohol this week and see if that makes a difference before I look at tracking 

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

212.2 today, for 0.6lbs down since last week.  Not exactly earth-shattering, but that's two weeks of 212ish consistency where I hadn't been able to make 213 stick all year.  Also makes me feel like the progress isn't just a fluctuation either.  So I'll call that a win and try to buckle down again for Week 3.

Flexing Ufc 205 GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

16 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Hmmm I am pretty sure that I don't have any diabetes type issues.  It definitely is tied to skipping my midday snacks though.  Today I had a big pancake brunch and have had no anxiety attacks.

What @Rurik Harrgath said about dopamine might be the real issue. (My winter s.a.d. medication is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor.)  Getting that midday dopamine hit seems important. I didn't realize sugar affected dopamine?

Google it.  You'll find hundreds of results talking about how sugar (especially consistently high sugar diets) muck with dopamine receptors.  That's the real factor behind sugar 'addiction,' insofar as I can tell.  Eliminating 90%+ of my sugar intake was the hardest thing I've ever done but it's made 99% of the difference in my quality of life too.  I also credit dialing in my nutrition with helping ease my dependency on medications too.  Your mileage may vary!

14 hours ago, Keladris said:

This has me curious. I'm vegetarian and struggling to get enough protein. But I hate shakes! So maybe this is a way to take some protein powder without having to drink it...

That would absolutely be an option.  I also wonder if vegan proteins (pea or soy) might be an option too, but they're generally more expensive and I'm not sure that the consistency is much different (which sounds like your primary issue with them?)  Baking definitely helps with protein consumption, although don't kid yourself that protein cookies are going to replace the glorious cakey goodness of conventional cookies without a mindset shift 🤣

• Like 5

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Oy.  Last week was crazy.  It started with my husband having a surprise root canal (I mean, we knew it was going to need to be done, but the scheduling of it got changed from "come have a consult" to "be here in 3 hours for the procedure" with no warning) and just went from there.  I kind of can't believe that was only a week ago, because it feels like so much has happened.  To the point where I just actually checked my calendar to make sure it was actually only a week.  Yeah, there was a lot of nuts in that week. 

I tried to stick to my plan, but did not do as well as during week 1.  I wasn't too far off, until the weekend.  I mean, I don't think I was too far off then either, I just stopped tracking for a couple days, so don't actually know.  Did manage to get at least a tiny bit of exercise in every day, so there's that.

My weight is up 0.4 lbs.  Which, honestly, is less than I was expecting it to be, and still down from the start of the month.  And, my waist is down 0.75 inches, which puts me at a quarter inch bigger than the start of the month.  Put together, I guess I mostly managed to maintain during the week of insanity?  I'll take it!

• Like 6

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

2 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Of it helps, weight loss around the bust is often back fat that you are losing.

Agreed with Kestel Grey.

If you only noticed 7 cm when you measured and not in your cups really, it's the back getting smexier!

Anyway, as we are in the process of shaping ourselves, we can call it Greek Goddess shaped and not pot-bellied. If you want to.

I always consoled myself with the pictures in my history/culture book as I got into fitness, anyways :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

Weight stayed about the same (it was actually up about .3, but that's in the noise) I'm going to  deduct less for exercise time. That knocks it down about 80 calories for days I work out. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

That would absolutely be an option.  I also wonder if vegan proteins (pea or soy) might be an option too, but they're generally more expensive and I'm not sure that the consistency is much different (which sounds like your primary issue with them?)  Baking definitely helps with protein consumption, although don't kid yourself that protein cookies are going to replace the glorious cakey goodness of conventional cookies without a mindset shift

Oh I'm quite good at adapting to fake sweet things haha! And yeah, I just hate the texture of shakes and smoothies and also don't like milk very much, so anything I can use in cooking or baking suits me better.

Well done to everyone for doing their best this week! I measured myself this morning and found I also lost half an inch, so that's very exciting. Really appreciating having this group to check in with!

• Like 5

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

1 hour ago, Athena said:

Anyway, as we are in the process of shaping ourselves, we can call it Greek Goddess shaped and not pot-bellied. If you want to.

Smart!

Egyptian goddesses too I think, you’re right, I should be kinder to myself on this journey. Thankyou body, for trying to help me not to starve, we’re good now, time to let it go.

• Like 6