Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

Judgement machine visited. Lost 400g (.4kg, .88lb). That’s a whole tin of tomatoes! Crushed it (heh.)! Good, good.C231C3E6-B85B-496A-87DE-B57D3B4C99F5.thumb.jpeg.9d4dc79e907867f39118d3ab4d8b24ba.jpeg

• Like 8
On 1/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, Yasha92 said:

That’s a whole tin of tomatoes!

Ooh that is a wonderful comparison I have never thought of. 

---

Okay giving myself permission to finally be caught up on this group. 

A lot longer than I thought: 

Last week I weighed in on Wednesday when deciding to join the PVP. Was at 300. 

This morning I was at 298. 

Did not expect that. 

Starting my smallest part of my waist: 46.5, will measure on Week 6. 

Game plan: (A lot more changes than I thought...)

-Not eating out, watching my convient food. Also pop and snacks are mindful. 

-Watching my liquid calories.

-NF food plate guidelines to get my veggies and protein..,

-Cutting out dairy

-Getting into a full exercise routine- goal is to get strong enough to actually complete the full Beginner Workout (all 3 circuits).  Plus trying to "HIIT" walk on off days.  Tai Chi to work on my flexibility could easily do HIIT with work right now. 

-I have been allowing myself desserts at home. I make a small pan of homemade brownies shared by my mom and I or French Toast. Trying to keep one of these things a day. 

Big Why:

I'm a Park and Rec student looking for work currently, and I know 90% of the jobs I'm looking at need a higher stamina. Along with having muscles > fat is a better way to get through tough days in my field.  Plus I started doing "Marie Kondo" folding and I would like not to be in a pain after an hourish of intense folding on laundry day (I have it on a table, would love to be able to fold on the floor without pain).

Background:

I've been on NF for over 5 years, but the depression and anxiety would be my biggest pitfalls, along with chronic neck pain. I have finally realized in 2020 I was able to get through stuff without any depression hanging around.  I now know I have enough support to confidently get rid of this extra fat even if old icky stuff submerges from the process of losing weight. 
300 lbs is my heavist on my 5'11 scructure, and I feel soon as I get a feel what works. Especially 8 weeks with you all! 

Life status: Job hunting while I do a couple hours janitor and some musuem work daily. When taking "belly pics" I noticed I do have muscles hidden underneath that are ready for strength and maybe more Greek Goddess with muscle. 

Spoiler

20210117_113139.thumb.jpg.3cdf45d0c22b1960ae708c82c7dd2672.jpg

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1

Oooh protein cookie recipes! I have some protein powder when trying to down with different drinks has me

bobby moynihan ugh GIF by Saturday Night Live

So playing with this one and trying other baked cookies from the actual website has me soemthing to look forward adding variety. 

I'm meh on peanut butter sometimes, so maybe playing around on it when I can afford to (I feel like so much protein stuff as peanut butter, to an annoying point - I prefer my chocolate peanut butter in chocolate covered candy form). 

@EricMN I saw you had a "high caffiene" kombucha. Just wondering what the brand was. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bouncer_the_Lovable said:

Ooh that is a wonderful comparison I have never thought of. 

Plus I started doing "Marie Kondo" folding and I would like 

Yes, I find it way easier to picture weight in objects (e.g. I have ten bottles of milk to lose... no wonder I get tired, caring around ten extra bottles of milk!!!). Also helps me to be kinder to myself if I start comparing myself to others... yes, they’re smashing out the body weight squats like they’re no big deal, but I’m basically doing them with a weighted vest on, it’s ok to get puffed/sweaty/struggle. 

Konmari folding and... ??? don’t keep us in suspense!!!

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1
23 hours ago, EricMN said:

This is one of them. I have another one that I prefer but it's getting harder to find and I am apparently cleaning out Target's Twin Cities Metro stock , store-by-store...

Thanks! Good to know to look for the words "energy" on the bottle. I could see that easily being possible for how some stores I've been though in the last month. 

1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

Yes, I find it way easier to picture weight in objects (e.g. I have ten bottles of milk to lose... no wonder I get tired, caring around ten extra bottles of milk!!!). Also helps me to be kinder to myself if I start comparing myself to others... yes, they’re smashing out the body weight squats like they’re no big deal, but I’m basically doing them with a weighted vest on, it’s ok to get puffed/sweaty/struggle. 

Konmari folding and... ??? don’t keep us in suspense!!!

That gives me a look on actually weighing my gallon of water I'm using as a dumbbell, could see how many I want to lose for the 10 lbs.  

Ooops lost track of that one thanks:

I met that I would like to be able to fold on a table or ground without my back hurting (screaming at me) when I do laundry day (found out its easier than hanging clothes for me). 

• Like 3

Yesterday had friends over for dinner, ate a bit more than normal, and had a glass of wine. Woke up this morning, stepped on the scale, and my weight  was down almost a pound.😉Trying to decide if I need to follow this plan every night, or keep going with MFP.😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • That's Metal 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Yesterday had friends over for dinner, ate a bit more than normal, and had a glass of wine. Woke up this morning, stepped on the scale, and my weight  was down almost a pound.😉Trying to decide if I need to follow this plan every night, or keep going with MFP.😄

It's certainly sounds like a path i would be willing to take, just to make sure we aren't missing things...

• Haha 5

... a little odd in the head ...

On 1/20/2021 at 10:42 PM, Elastigirl said:

Wine dehydrates so it’s a solid evening before weigh in strategy but wouldn’t recommend it as a weight loss plan ;) 

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

14 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Wine dehydrates so it’s a solid evening before weigh in strategy but wouldn’t recommend it as a weight loss plan ;) 

Interesting. But, now you've blown all my great plans.😉

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

7 hours ago, pureleeawesome said:

Peeps, peeps, peeps.

I motherflippin sprinted during parts of my freeform run during Zombies Couch to 5k last night

Considering the runs I do during the walk/run drills are more like a zombie shuffle, we will commence being VERY PROUD OF ME.

Airhorn tooting noises!!!

You flee those zombies!!!

• Like 1

Starting a no-sugar plan today and probably for the remainder of this challenge, at least.  It does seem reasonable that cutting out sugar will help with the depressive episodes... I think... actually I had better not think that through or I will end up convincing myself of the opposite.  Either way it is good for me and should help with hitting the weight loss goals.

7 hours ago, pureleeawesome said:

Peeps, peeps, peeps.

I motherflippin sprinted during parts of my freeform run during Zombies Couch to 5k last night

Considering the runs I do during the walk/run drills are more like a zombie shuffle, we will commence being VERY PROUD OF ME.

You Must Be Proud GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

7 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Party pooper.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Y'all have room for a (very) late arrival?

• Like 7

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

1 hour ago, theophilus said:

Y'all have room for a (very) late arrival?

The more the merrier! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Btw, I didn't fulfill my plan not to step on a scale in 2021. So I thought I'd share. On Monday I weighed 70 kg/154,3 lbs. (I am 5'2"/159cm and carry my weight in my legs and butt, then middle, then back I discovered last year, then butt/hips again. Maybe some minor gain in the chest area, but(t) I am quite happy with that area as it was/is so I am not complaining :)

That means between somewhere december and  10 Jan I had gained more than I thought.  A pair of pants (I could not put my hands in the pockets really) have  gotten looser since I started a strict plan on the 11th.(*) I can even wear a thin legging under them :D Glad I had not witnessed the scale tipping over the 70 kg before I lost it again. Although I now don't know exactly how much the heaviest I have been so far is. :) Huuuge loss, for sure (not!) 

I'll weigh once more on Monday morning and that's it. :) No more in 2021. Yes to more hanging around you guys for accountability & team spirit though ;D

(*) Strict for me means I have been finding ways to not grab processed food snacks at every whim at all. Mindfulness, drinking (infused) water/tea first, finding ways to keep busy, grabbing veggie snacks, grabbing low-sugar fruit snacks, last resort grabbing a meat snack.

I have no exercise regimen, focusing on recovery + mobility, sometimes walks, the other day I did a short workout.

• Like 7

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

3 hours ago, Shello said:

The more the merrier! 

Yay!

So a bit about me:  I've been inconsistently posting here since about 2015, always as a Scout. I picked up running in college after my little sister beat me in a family turkey trot one Thanksgiving. Though I've still not managed to ever beat her in a race, running has become a big part of who I am and the primary way I try to stay healthy. I've run a few half marathons in the [redacted] years since that turkey trot, but over that time with the stresses of life, age, parenthood, and the doldrums of being a desk jockey, I've watched my weight slowly climb. About a year ago, my BMI officially crossed the "overweight"  line and it's continued to rise since due to lots of contributing factors: COVID, final year of law school,  general laziness...

I've set my sights on losing 25 lbs by the time I sit for the bar exam in late July, which would bring me back to about my weight when I set my half marathon PR many years ago. I started intermittent fasting over the holidays and have so far found that to be a really helpful tool for staying focused. I'm also getting back into the habit of logging my calories and cutting back on alcohol consumption. As far as exercise, I'm getting back into a more consistent running routine and incorporating some strength training for the first time.

Excited to be here for the encouragement and accountability.  

• Like 11

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

So, I somehow managed to gain 200g which I'm a little bummed about.

I'm wondering if it's because of how I've changed my routine though so I think I'll weigh myself again tomorrow morning and see if there's much difference.

After the hard work of the week I'm feeling kinda let down. More careful about calculating the calories in this week methinks.

• Like 2

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

1 hour ago, pureleeawesome said:

I'm wondering if it's because of how I've changed my routine though so I think I'll weigh myself again tomorrow morning and see if there's much difference.

After the hard work of the week I'm feeling kinda let down. More careful about calculating the calories in this week methinks.

Definitely weigh yourself tomorrow.  It's better to look for trends than one particular data point. Weight will fluctuate some (see my note above about how the next morning after I had a bigger meal I actually lost weight)

• Like 2

Hope y'all don't mind me weighing on Sundays rather than Mondays, it just suits my routine better.

I lost half a kilo/1 lb! So right on track, hooray! This week, I'm going to pause the calorie counting and see if I've learnt enough portion control from the first few weeks. I'm really loving my workouts, this week completed 3 full circuits of the NF beginner bodyweight workout and couldn't be happier. My legs and butt have already changed shape which is quite amazing.

I have to say, I am a little confused on the calorie thing, since as I lose weight, presumably I need to cut more because my TDEE will go down? That said, I'm also increasing my workouts as I get fitter, so maybe not?

• Like 4

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

19 hours ago, pureleeawesome said:

I found one week I didn't lose any and the next week I lost double, could be you're body is just adjusting/catching up.

• Like 2

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp