Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

Starting weight: 96.9kg

End of W1: 96kg

End of W2: 94.9kg

End of W3: 94.9kg

End of W4: 93.6kg

End of W5: 93kg

Been a crappy week with a crappy finish. Was pretty sure I'd see an uptick, even did some quick weigh ins throughout the week and it showed. Somehow I ended up dropping. Won't complain.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Just because i did a hugely laid out week overview when everything was going pretty solid, i'm gonna force myself exposing that i do have had hard times with this all...

image.png.330056f42cd323447a8e2e0fd1f003f6.png

image.png.65572ee1772aaa1857e6ae70ebb8aa4b.png

January/February

image.png.02c17c69bafdfb1596ab10f2b6015c99.png    image.png.b206ce632b012a4d50244e3cea08eb96.png

Averages:

Jan. 4th: 80.6

Jan. 11th 80.4

Jan. 18th: 80.0

Jan. 25th: 79.5

Feb. 1st: 79.1

Feb. 8th: 79.0

Last week difference 0.1 KG Total difference 1.6 KG

This last week wasn't spectacular. I had to be at work quite a few days which left little room for working out (as i still refuse to work out past dinner). Next to that i had some inbetween snacking next to my meals. And i had a huge pasta day, and also homemade pizza on saturday.

So what am i taking home from this:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor wake up call gif

New challenge starts, we are gonna fly back in like we have been throughout most of the last challenge!

Good news is, with the calculated trend i have to be sub 79 to get it back in the right direction. Which i think is totally doable, and starting today pretty strict i think i might make that first goal.

We have had snow (which rarely happens over here) AND on top of that it will freeze non stop till next sunday. My kids played at the back of the house in the snow yesterday and this morning i found the door of homegym to be wide open.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor deadpool scared gif

Okay rewind...

I was writing a huge excuse why i am not gonna workout there this week. But after working day is over today i'm gonna move my heater in there and get it a little warmer (it's properly insulated). Cause i saw while walking the dog this morning that the roads are one big frozen snow mess and running this week is probably not gonna happen. For today i'm gonna stick to pullups as exercise just to burn some calories.

• Like 6

... a little odd in the head ...

Brrrrr!!!

Good on you for not making excuses but instead making plans.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Keladris said:

Thanks for the vindication haha! And thanks Endor too.

I have also just realised that there is deffo a hormonal element to this (apparently ladies can gain 3-5lbs once a month! Who knew!?). So hopefully I'll see good results next week. I think I might spend 0 week of the upcoming challenge to do some calorie counting nonetheless. It's just good to check in from time to time I think.

I will drop in here because I have lots of personal experience with this. I have been weighing myself almost daily for right at about ten years now, and I can confirm that hormones can most definitely play a large role. I personally see a 4-6lb difference between my highest and lowest weight each month depending on what part of my cycle I am in. And when my hormones were less stable than they are now, I would see as much as 7-9lb differences. 

Something to note: these changes are not changes in actual weight, just water-weight (bloating). If you are struggling with bloating, drink plenty of water (I know, counterintuitive, but it helps flush your system), try to keep foods high in sugar and sodium to a minimum (both make bloating worse), and try to do some gentle exercises like walking or light yoga to get your blood flowing (will also help with flushing bloat weight). But, first and foremost, be kind to yourself and patient with your body :) You got this.

• Like 4

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Lost a half a pound.Honestly, when I looked at the scale this morning, I was discouraged, and felt like I wasn't losing at all.However, looking at the spreadsheet, I  have lost about a half pound per week. It's just that that is slow progress, and hard to see the difference.And while it is sorta hard, it is very sustainable. And I know from experience that while I can eat little enough to lose a pound a week, I quickly regain it back. So, it's good.

I think what's messing with my head is we are going to Florida(yay!) which means shorts and swimsuits. So part of me wanted to lose more weight for that. But there's another part of me that gets hungry , and so I eat.  But I have been making some good choices  and I'm on the right path.And honestly, I might tell  the difference in how I look in shorts, but no one else is giving this 55 year old lady any second glances anyway(my husband thinks I'm gorgeous right now) 

It's supposed to be cold (not Canada cold, just right around freezing) but clear all week, so I should get lots of walks in.

• Like 8

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Starting Weight: 265.8

W1: 264.6 (down 1.2)

W2:  264.2 (down 0.4)

W3: 262.6 (down 1.6)

W4: 262.4 (down 0.2)

W5: 264.6 (UP 2.2)

Not a great week.  Except it was a great week.  My birthday was mid week and I ended up celebrating twice, once with DDG and again Saturday with my kids.  Apparently I really only know how to celebrate (or want to celebrate) with food and I did that.  I'm sure most of it is bloat from tons of carbs - caramel apple pie and pizza mostly.  I expect to recover quickly and today is the start of a new challenge.  It may be week 0 but I was starting to feel gross after so many days of poor food choices.  I'm looking forward to making better choices.  

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Down another half-ish pound this week.

A little bummed because I started the week really strong and was down over a pound when I weighed in on Saturday. But then the rest of the weekend hit, and I celebrated my adoptive home’s former QB pulling off another win in the Superb Owl yesterday with too many chips and beers (and precisely no one from outside of my household) so my number was up a good bit this morning.

This is where following the averages really helps me though. Yeah, there was a wild fluctuation in my actual weigh in, but the average didn’t move up a whole ton. So I still feel like I’m making progress. My intention to log food didn’t materialize last week, so I’m going to give that another go this week. Especially important because cold and snow mean I probably won’t get out as much this week. 

• Like 4

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

Waist measurement stayed the same, weight down .4 lbs.  Which puts me just under 1 lb down from the start of the year.  I am trying to hold out hope that this is real, albeit excruciatingly slow, loss rather than just fluctuating up and down a bit.  That said, I did pretty good sticking to my plan this week.  Went over a bit a couple days, and then Sunday my mental health said tracking wasn't going to happen and I ate whatever I wanted.  Not like a binge, I mostly ate normally, just with a bit more junk food than normal and didn't track it.  I've been managing to stick with doing at least a little bit of exercise every day, too!

I do think I need to figure out a way to get more filling and/or low-calorie foods in my diet, however.  1300 is not a lot of calories, but that seems to be where I need to eat to actually lose weight.  The problem is I keep getting hungry.  And, the amount of vegetables I can/will eat if I make that the basis of my diet gets expensive and requires a lot of shopping trips.  Plus it takes time and energy to prepare them, which I really don't have (I'm still trying to figure out how I seem to have less time to do things while working from home, but I suspect it has something to do with all the stress hormones making everything require more effort).  I probably need to figure out a way to do that, however, if I actually want results without being hungry all the time.  It's especially tricky when you're living with someone who's doing keto. :(

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Frozen steam veggie bags? Not as delectable as fresh cooked veggies, but easy on the spoons 

• Like 3

As expected, up 0.9 lbs from last week. I'm too worn out to care though and hopefully by time I start caring again, my weight will be moving downward again.  Next week will be mostly back to my work routine and that helps anchor good habits.  Outside is blimey-george cold though, so Beat Saber might be the only exercise I get for now. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

4 hours ago, Endor said:

my suspicions confirmed ;) 

Image result for guilty gif

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Lost a half a pound.Honestly, when I looked at the scale this morning, I was discouraged, and felt like I wasn't losing at all.However, looking at the spreadsheet, I  have lost about a half pound per week. It's just that that is slow progress, and hard to see the difference.And while it is sorta hard, it is very sustainable. And I know from experience that while I can eat little enough to lose a pound a week, I quickly regain it back. So, it's good.

It's so easy to get caught up in rapid weight loss trends, but I think most of us know by now that there is no secret cheat codes or anything.  All that matters (and lasts long-term) is sustainable tweaks to our daily habits.  I, for one, would much rather eat a little bit more and spend a few more weeks to reach my goal than crash diet to get there a month sooner and gain it all back right ricky-tick 🤣

2 hours ago, Elennare said:

The problem is I keep getting hungry.  And, the amount of vegetables I can/will eat if I make that the basis of my diet gets expensive and requires a lot of shopping trips.  Plus it takes time and energy to prepare them, which I really don't have 

Frozen veggies.  Buy them on sale and in bulk.  My old gym had a 800g veggie challenge once where everyone who participated was to eat 800g of veggies per day for a month and it really blew my mind just how much VOLUME 800g of veg is and just how FEW calories.  Seriously, veggie volume bombs are the closest thing there is to a weight loss satiety cheat code!

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

4 hours ago, Shello said:

Apparently I really only know how to celebrate (or want to celebrate) with food and I did that.  

4 hours ago, theophilus said:

But then the rest of the weekend hit, and I celebrated my adoptive home’s former QB pulling off another win in the Superb Owl yesterday with too many chips and beers (and precisely no one from outside of my household) so my number was up a good bit this morning.

These have inspired me.  I think starting this week we should incorporate Weekly Challenges into this Weight-loss PvP! ;) 

So with that in mind, I want everyone to CELEBRATE SOMETHING (random or not) this week and celebrate it by EATING SOMETHING HEALTHY.  It probably won't be your first choice, but whether that's substituting healthier ingredients for unhealthy ones (cauliflower wings breaded in almond flour, oatmeal-coconut crust apple pie, veggies and dip with low-calorie beer, etc) I think that's such a huge win and a seriously effective tool to keep in our toolkits when the party starts and the metaphorical balloons come out!  

Let's spice it up too by asking everyone submits a picture of their contribution !  B) 

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I want everyone to CELEBRATE SOMETHING (random or not) this week and celebrate it by EATING SOMETHING HEALTHY.

I  love this idea!

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

6 hours ago, Elennare said:

1300 is not a lot of calories, but that seems to be where I need to eat to actually lose weight. 

I'm not an expert but that sounds very low! How'd you get to the number?

I'm loving the weekly challenge! It's Valentine's at the weekend... Was planning to make a lasagna, I wonder if I can make it healthy...

• Like 2

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

no one else is giving this 55 year old lady any second glances anyway

Don't underestimate me ;) 

13 hours ago, Shello said:

I'm looking forward to making better choices.  

Yin and Yang. Let's just call them subtle reminders!

12 hours ago, theophilus said:

This is where following the averages really helps me though. Yeah, there was a wild fluctuation in my actual weigh in, but the average didn’t move up a whole ton. So I still feel like I’m making progress.

That's the way i'm looking at it too. I had a bump up, a bad weekend, but thanks to the averages i've only gone up about 0.2 KG, which was following up on an extreme low. In the scheme of things it did not really attack my 3 lbs weight i lost consistently but it DID allow me to get myself back on track.

10 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

My old gym had a 800g veggie challenge once where everyone who participated was to eat 800g of veggies per day for a month and it really blew my mind just how much VOLUME 800g of veg is and just how FEW calories. 

That sounds like an awesome thing! I was looking for a way to counter these intense snack moments, so a big pile of veggies that's within reach to counter that would be a very good way to go!

• Like 5

... a little odd in the head ...

12 hours ago, Keladris said:

I'm not an expert but that sounds very low! How'd you get to the number?

I told My Fitness Pal that I wanted to lose 1 lb/week and that's the number it spit out. I also agree it seems low, but I don't seem to lose weight if I eat more than that. I think it's fairly accurate, though, because my attempts to figure out a number based on TDEE in the past have spit out something around that value as well. Aside from the extra weight, I'm a relatively small woman, and *very* inactive at the moment. Though MFP does seem to be targeting net calories with that number, because it goes up when I sync my fitness watch.

• Like 3

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

6 hours ago, Elennare said:

I told My Fitness Pal that I wanted to lose 1 lb/week and that's the number it spit out. I also agree it seems low, but I don't seem to lose weight if I eat more than that. I think it's fairly accurate, though, because my attempts to figure out a number based on TDEE in the past have spit out something around that value as well. Aside from the extra weight, I'm a relatively small woman, and *very* inactive at the moment. Though MFP does seem to be targeting net calories with that number, because it goes up when I sync my fitness watch.

I'm in the same boat as you. Aiming to lose 0.5kg a week, 149cm tall and live a relatively sedentary lifestyle and MFP gives me 1250 calories a day which when I measured TDEE gave me roughly the same.

• Like 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:07 AM, Aquarii said:

I will drop in here because I have lots of personal experience with this. I have been weighing myself almost daily for right at about ten years now, and I can confirm that hormones can most definitely play a large role. I personally see a 4-6lb difference between my highest and lowest weight each month depending on what part of my cycle I am in. And when my hormones were less stable than they are now, I would see as much as 7-9lb differences. 

Something to note: these changes are not changes in actual weight, just water-weight (bloating). If you are struggling with bloating, drink plenty of water (I know, counterintuitive, but it helps flush your system), try to keep foods high in sugar and sodium to a minimum (both make bloating worse), and try to do some gentle exercises like walking or light yoga to get your blood flowing (will also help with flushing bloat weight). But, first and foremost, be kind to yourself and patient with your body :) You got this.

Missed this on first read through. But thanks so much for the info and for the encouraging words :)

Really appreciate this group, so great to have support ^^

• Like 1

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

Yesterday, I felt hungry all day. I  know I went over my calorie goal . Today, I decided to see if starting out with more veggies helped. I have a bunch of frozen veggies that I rarely use. Today's was rice cauliflower with kale and sweet potatoes. Topped that with turkey burger, and a banana. It did seem a lot easier today to  stick with my calorie goals

• Like 5

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

This Friday is the lunar new year. If we are making healthy celebration treats, I'd really like to try making a healthy red bean cake.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

The torta bertolini looks intriguing. 

• Like 1

― Neil Gaiman