Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

Well, I'm up .8 lbs and my waist is up .5 inches this morning.  But! It's the time of the month I usually gain weight, and normally it swings up somewhere around 2 lbs, so only being up .8 is a big win.  And I'm also super bloated and not feeling too great this morning, so I am certain the increase in waist measurement is all bloat.  I also had a crazy week as far as diet is concerned last week, because it was the start of Lent, so I'm sure that's not doing me any favors. 

Also, I organized all my clothes this weekend, and while doing so I tried on a pair of jeans that have been kicking around in the back of my drawer for a while.  I was able to button them up AND sit down without feeling like a sausage.  They were definitely still snug, and I wouldn't want to wear them all day long, but they were on and close to fitting.  They were a size 8, which I haven't been in for at least a year! :D 

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 2

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

2 hours ago, Elennare said:

Well, I'm up .8 lbs and my waist is up .5 inches this morning.  But! It's the time of the month I usually gain weight, and normally it swings up somewhere around 2 lbs, so only being up .8 is a big win.  And I'm also super bloated and not feeling too great this morning, so I am certain the increase in waist measurement is all bloat.  I also had a crazy week as far as diet is concerned last week, because it was the start of Lent, so I'm sure that's not doing me any favors. 

Also, I organized all my clothes this weekend, and while doing so I tried on a pair of jeans that have been kicking around in the back of my drawer for a while.  I was able to button them up AND sit down without feeling like a sausage.  They were definitely still snug, and I wouldn't want to wear them all day long, but they were on and close to fitting.  They were a size 8, which I haven't been in for at least a year! :D 

Woot for those jeans fitting better!

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Weigh in was the same, measurement the same. I know why, I just haven't been sticking to the plan. I was kicking myself and down about it. Now, I am trying to look at it objectively.I was trying to see how just setting my deficit for 1/2 pound a week would work. And now I know the answer-not very well. With such a small deficit, I really have to be hitting that goal almost 100%, or it's just maintenance. Also, when you see the weight go down regularly, that's a motivation. So, at the end of this week I'm going on vacation. Plan for this week is just to maintain.Then I will come home and get set up so that the next week, I can do a deficit to lose a pound a week for 3 weeks, and then re-assess. I'm also hoping that the weather will be better, and that will make it overall easier to lose weight.

So, I kind of feel like I've flopped on this PVP, but I did lose 2 pounds, so hopefully in March I will be set to really conquer my goals. I don't have that much to lose, I just somehow need to find that mojo.

edit to add; Pondering more. Ok, the reason I feel I flopped is because I've only lost 2 pounds, and it doesn't work mentally for me to do a full deficit before vacation, and then vacation, and then a few days, and the challenge is over. However, when I signed on to the challenge , I didn't know I was going to vacation. If I wasn't going on vacation, I'd plow ahead and do the full deficit. I'm actually hoping  I'll be in an even better place to do the deficit after getting SUNSHINE. If I had been able to finish the challenge, I would have probably lost at least one more pound. Which was half way to my goal.Not great, but not horrible, considering it's dark and cold and there's a pandemic. So, maybe I'm in a better mood about it? Maybe.

• Like 5

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

38 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

If I had been able to finish the challenge, I would have probably lost at least one more pound. Which was half way to my goal.Not great, but not horrible, considering it's dark and cold and there's a pandemic. So, maybe I'm in a better mood about it? Maybe.

Yay for vacation!   Here's hoping you're all refreshed when you get back! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Decent week, down another 0.8 lbs. I was fairly compliant with IF and logging meals last week. That’s so key for me in all this. If I start trusting that I’ll “make up for it with exercise” I just completely stall or regress. 

I’m within striking distance of breaking 170 for my rolling average, so hopefully that’ll provide a little extra motivation to compensate for the natural waning of motivation and enthusiasm over the course of a challenge. 

• Like 4

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

Got on the judgement machine, 90.8. Idve liked to have lost some (that’s a slight increase over last weigh in), but given the work stress I’ve been under the last two weeks and the fact I didn’t weigh in at all last week, it makes sense that my body has been trying to protect me however it can (including holding on to its cushion), and I may even have lost compared to last week (I look less bloated).

Plan of attack for the rest of this week: bring forward the smoothie and then have a piece of fruit as morning tea. Beware of office snacks&tomorrows celebratory bevs. Be kind to yourself as there has been a lot of work mess.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

If I wasn't going on vacation, I'd plow ahead and do the full deficit. I'm actually hoping  I'll be in an even better place to do the deficit after getting SUNSHINE.

This is a really great perspective. And kudos to you for being honest with yourself and showing yourself kindness. 

Enjoy the sunshine!!! 

• Like 1

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

209 even when I weighed in on Sunday before yesterday's planned frivolity  Dropped me a couple lbs from the week before and 0.8lbs below my lowest weight yet this PVP!  I have a few plans this week which I'm implementing to help defeat this mini-boss still though (starting weekly runs now that the weather is slightly better, increasing my daily veggies to 600g and planning meals around that, and weeks of consistent exercise building my momentum to increase the intensity).

So this time around, our #WeeklyWin is going to be Planning The Next Day In Advance.  It doesn't have to be major meal prep or any fancy new recipe, doesn't have to be huge workout, just... figure out what the game plan is for tomorrow while it's still today.  Maybe that means plugging your meals into MyFitnessPal tonight, or maybe that means Pinterest recipes, or grocery shopping; whatever the game plan is, think about tomorrow's choices today so you're setting yourself up for success!

On 2/22/2021 at 2:01 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

This week was a hot mess and the uptick finally showed up. Really struggling to keep going till the end of the 10 week period.

All it takes for me is a look at the progress you've already made to feel inspired enough to continue on the rest of this PvP!  So I'll thank you for that, sir!  💪

On 2/22/2021 at 6:34 AM, Shello said:

My body insisted this was a maintenance week.  

That is all a part of the mystique.  I think refeeds are a necessary part of the process!

• Like 5

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

On 2/22/2021 at 12:19 PM, Elastigirl said:

So, I kind of feel like I've flopped on this PVP, but I did lose 2 pounds, so hopefully in March I will be set to really conquer my goals. 

Fortunately, I heard a rumor that there will be another 10/10 PVP after this one, so... here's to planning for future inspiration.  ;) 

On 2/22/2021 at 12:19 PM, Elastigirl said:

I'm actually hoping  I'll be in an even better place to do the deficit after getting SUNSHINE.

You and me both.  We all need a lick from the divine sunlight, especially those of us in the northern hemisphere and doubly more so those of us under a thick blanket of cold and snow.  Enjoy vacation!  I hope you come back feeling well rested and full of vigor.

• Like 3

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Fortunately, I heard a rumor that there will be another 10/10 PVP after this one, so... here's to planning for future inspiration.  ;) 

You and me both.  We all need a lick from the divine sunlight, especially those of us in the northern hemisphere and doubly more so those of us under a thick blanket of cold and snow.  Enjoy vacation!  I hope you come back feeling well rested and full of vigor.

Awesome, I was hoping we were going again.It's always easier when others are on the journey with you. I knew going in that winter would be a hard struggle, and while I hoped to lose more, I'm still closer to the goal which is way better than being further

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Awesome, I was hoping we were going again.It's always easier when others are on the journey with you. I knew going in that winter would be a hard struggle, and while I hoped to lose more, I'm still closer to the goal which is way better than being further

Plus spring is considered crunch time by the bathing-suit-body-by-summer crowd, how could we not?

...I just always seem to be working my hardest in February and March, it seems.  Completely by coincidence honestly.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Plus spring is considered crunch time by the bathing-suit-body-by-summer crowd, how could we not?

...I just always seem to be working my hardest in February and March, it seems.  Completely by coincidence honestly.  🤷‍♂️

😀Winter is for sweats, baggy sweaters, and a bit of fluff around the middle. 

• Like 2

I'm well up for doing another one, since I want to lost 10kg (~20lbs) overall.

• Like 2

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

On 2/24/2021 at 12:03 PM, Elastigirl said:

😀Winter is for sweats, baggy sweaters, and a bit of fluff around the middle. 

Nooo i'm coming into Autumn and i want to defluff in time for winter so i cN refluff :)

• Like 4

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Long time no post, but BAM, tracked all my food, crushed my step goal and managed a (very small) caloric deficit. 💥 Also cooked up some turkey meatballs for snacking purposes.

Now going to bed before I get tempted to overeat!!

ETA oh I hope we do run another iteration of this. Now that we’re getting past the darkest days of winter I can feel my energy levels, mood and all that good stuff start to improve. [sorry Southern Hemisphere folks!!]

• Like 6

All work and no play at the moment, took my eye off the ball when I was tired and fallen out of keto. Low carb without keto makes me feel really tired and then my resolve wanes...hopefully get back to keto this week. 

Big drop this week, but I spent all day in a data centre yesterday, very heavy aircon and feel extremely dehydrated so not a real number. 

7 weeks done guys, only 3 more weeks to go! Hold the line!

star wars kid GIF

• Like 4

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Either by some scale freakery or just all the hard work, I HIT MY TARGET!

Weighed in a 79kg today. 

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

Hoping to cement this next week and make sure I don't creep up again/that it wasn't a fluke.

I'm not usually one to share pics of me in my underwear, but I'm sooo proud of how much I've changed (and so glad that I took the pics, cos it's not easy to see the changes over time without them). 

Spoiler

2079833258_10lbslostfront.jpg.b86986a748cd6d611933e11d9e1bdce4.jpg

Spoiler

1100250487_10lbslostside.jpg.bcc8846e6e97e68d744e3c04812195e4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 3
  • That's Metal 6

Keladris the Bard
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

16 minutes ago, Keladris said:

I'm sooo proud of how much I've changed (and so glad that I took the pics,

Congrats!! You're right, what a  visible difference! Great job,  all the hard work paid off. You must be stoked :)

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Wow!!! Amazing work! Is that change over the length of this pvp? 
*thinking I should break out the swimmers again *

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Endor said:

Congrats!! You're right, what a  visible difference! Great job,  all the hard work paid off. You must be stoked :)

It's amazing cos I thought I hadn't changed much in the last couple weeks, so yes, very stoked!

58 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Wow!!! Amazing work! Is that change over the length of this pvp? 

Yep! From 84kg to 79kg :) This group has really helped with motivation ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Keladris the Bard

2 hours ago, Keladris said:

Yep! From 84kg to 79kg :) This group has really helped with motivation ❤️ 

Just amazing!!!

Really shows even how the beginner workout can help tone up some muscles, am shocked by how many "lifts you have". 

----

Seriously just reading all your updates helps me reflect personally what I could be doing. 

Trying to get more protein now along with my calories, but that veggie challenge was a HUGE personal reflection on how many veggies I need. 

Dropped another pound when I checked on Friday, from 300 to 291. ONLY 1 more pound to go! 

Weekends are my hardest times I'm finding, even though I only work part time. So changing weigh in on Fridays to help be WAY more mindful. 

Plus with the sun talk I ended up actually making sure I go on a zombie walk while the temp was above freezing (puddles are 10x more fun that ice skate rinks of sidewalks). 

---

Also just wanted to say with this help with the challenge I finally see the difference of what "empty calories" are actually... Have my sugar bug quite smaller with protein shakes I was suggested by a mentor to try, I can actually see how all the carbs I eat up help or not help me. 

Yay for another week ya'll! 

• Like 4

Starting weight: 96.9kg

End of W1: 96kg

End of W2: 94.9kg

End of W3: 94.9kg

End of W4: 93.6kg

End of W5: 93kg

End of W6: 93kg

End of W7: 93,7kg

End of W8: 94.4kg

• Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

I'm down 0.7 lbs this week, which means that I've got myself headed in the right direction again after losing ground over the last couple weeks. For a small total weight loss of 1.5 lbs.

It's good to be back on track but I need to prepare better for next time that my schedule gets disturbed. 

Edit: forgot to add that, after 3 months of being a couch potato, I've been cleared to start gentle running and strength training again. Exercise doesn't typically help me to lose weight directly, but it does keep me happier. 

• Like 3

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman