Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

3 hours ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Honestly sounds like life has been giving you a higher level of difficuly, and your HP dropped quite a bit. 

Hope you can rest up this weekend and gain back a little to help keep on going. You got this!

wine drink up GIF by Adult Swim

Yes, life has definitely cranked up the difficulty for me this week.  Which is why I don't feel too bad about missing days, just disappointed that that's what had to happen.  And, honestly, this is a big part of why I haven't been able to lose any weight for years.  I finally get settled into something that seems like it's going to work, and then life gets nuts, and I figure I'll just survive through it because things will be back to normal soon and I'm so tapped out mentally (and sometimes physically) from dealing with whatever it is I can't spare the energy to really do anything more than survive.  Only, it turns out that crazy is the new normal and there is no going back to "normal."  Repeat cycle.

Hopefully I can rest a bit this weekend, because I need it. :)

• Like 5

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

On 3/5/2021 at 6:23 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Use those leftover ingredients and toss what doesn't serve you!

My vegan protein arrived yesterday...

Turned some heckin sad apples into a strudel type thing by chopping them up, sprinkling on Chinese 5 spice plus cinnamon and cardamom, a splash of water then nukeing in the microwave for two rounds of 2 mins, stirring in between. Left in the fridge overnight then nuked them another 2min this morning then added to the oats and nuked for 3mins to make apple strudel porridge. A small sprinkle of brown sugar and a splash of milk made for a delectable breakfast. 

I also ate a somewhat shriveled orange and a peach that looked sad. Both were lovely on the inside- Twas just the skin that looked less than lovely.

———

I get vegan protein when they are selling it at Aldi because it has some cool flavours (custard doughnut, chai latte, apple pie) and is extremely budget friendly ($1.36 per serve compared to the whey which is $2 per serve unless it’s on special). I haven’t noticed a particular difference, except that the cheeky wizard on the packaging of the vegan one always makes me grin.

880513CC-FAAF-4855-900B-5DEB5CD5D7B8.jpeg

C17CDDBC-F7D3-4919-93A4-1A4E455D4F19.jpeg

51223C08-1CE8-4928-8378-1BE3F9E7BC37.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

51223C08-1CE8-4928-8378-1BE3F9E7BC37.jpeg

This is the custard doughnut flavour. Above the wizard’s hat is a doughnut. A. Doughnut. Just in case anyone was thinking it was anything else :o 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, Elennare said:

I finally get settled into something that seems like it's going to work, and then life gets nuts, and I figure I'll just survive through it because things will be back to normal soon and I'm so tapped out mentally (and sometimes physically) from dealing with whatever it is I can't spare the energy to really do anything more than survive.  Only, it turns out that crazy is the new normal and there is no going back to "normal."  Repeat cycle.

Oh  man. That sounds rough. It means you have to try to do the things even when everything is crazy, I guess. 😕 I have something similar with energy: I feel good, get some habits going, things are fine for a few weeks, then boom! weeks of fatigue for no reason. I'm going to have to learn to stick to my habits even during the fatigue phases if I'm going to make progress.

7 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

the cheeky wizard on the packaging of the vegan one always makes me grin.

Very beautiful 😊

Are you guys counting macros or just trying to get in lots of protein? I was thinking about protein powder but I don't remember shakes contributing much to my fullness, and they taste pretty bad with water so it always meant having a glass of milk.

But maybe I should. I've been finding my efforts at crafting low calorie meals have been so successful I have a couple of hundred calories at the end of the day annnnnd I have been filling these with wine. This strikes me as totally stupid, because food has nutrients that make the machine run, and the only nutrient alcohol has is vitamin-waking-up-at-night-feeling-weird. Hmmm. Just realised that half a bottle, which I used to drink pretty often, could easily add up to 20% of my daily calories at the moment. Even one glass could be close to 10% That's yuck, now I think about it. I kinda miss the simplicity and results of dry January.

Somebody talk some sense into me. Say something like "Drinking alcohol on a 25% cut is dumb. Eat some more food, jerk. You don't even like alcohol that much any more, just stop drinking it and have some protein shakes like a real small furry creature from alpha centauri."

• Like 5

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Are you guys counting macros or just trying to get in lots of protein?

Somebody talk some sense into me. Say something like "Drinking alcohol on a 25% cut is dumb. Eat some more food, jerk. You don't even like alcohol that much any more, just stop drinking it and have some protein shakes like a real small furry creature from alpha centauri."

I don’t adore cooking in the morning, so my options on weekdays were really empty sugary calories (cereal, toast etc), having a glass of milk in the form of a protein shake which is relatively quick to get in a double serve of freggies in has been working for me. I wouldn’t say that I find it super filling, but I do get less hangry when I have one and it almost feels like a milkshake / sweet drink, an exception to the “don’t drink liquid calories” sensibility.

If you don’t even like it, I think swapping it out for something more nourishing seems sensible. 10% of your calories on something you aren’t even loving seems... meh.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Harriet said:

omebody talk some sense into me. Say something like "Drinking alcohol on a 25% cut is dumb. Eat some more food, jerk. You don't even like alcohol that much any more, just stop drinking it and have some protein shakes like a real small furry creature from alpha centauri.

Sorry , I'm not gonna do it.If you are counting calories, and still find you are full even with drinking a glass of wine, it seems fine. Personally, I just get too hungry. I also have the issue you described with sleep. It makes me sleepy, but then when I try and sleep, I can't. Blerg- so annoying. The reasons for more protein are satiety(which you said doesn't work for you with drinks) and muscle building. You don't want to lose muscle while you cut, so it's best to get about your lean body weight in grams of protein.  If you aren't hitting that, you could add a bit more protein to your meals for those calories. But, if you are happy with things, and it fits your goals, I don't think having a glass of wine is a bad plan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Oh I’m perfectly willing. @Harriet drinking wine is stupid when you’re trying to lose weight, stop that nonsense at once 😘

(protein shake, meh, it’s easy. But I’d rather have an egg/tuna sandwich or something.. definitely beats having wine though)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry , I'm not gonna do it.If you are counting calories, and still find you are full even with drinking a glass of wine, it seems fine. Personally, I just get too hungry. I also have the issue you described with sleep. It makes me sleepy, but then when I try and sleep, I can't. Blerg- so annoying. The reasons for more protein are satiety(which you said doesn't work for you with drinks) and muscle building. You don't want to lose muscle while you cut, so it's best to get about your lean body weight in grams of protein.  If you aren't hitting that, you could add a bit more protein to your meals for those calories. But, if you are happy with things, and it fits your goals, I don't think having a glass of wine is a bad plan

Yeah, if I have more than two small glasses I wake up feeling anxious and weird, and get acid reflux.

I've set my protein goal for what I think is my lean weight in pounds--but I'm consistently under. I am starting to think that my previous diet involved 1000 cal of healthy foods and 1000 cal of snacks, sweets, junk, and liquid calories that didn't contribute much to satiety or nutrition. I wonder if just getting in more calories of nutrient dense food would help me feel less tired?

Ah, I'm not really the kind of person who stops at one glass. Two, maybe. In the long term I'd like to be the kind of person who has two glasses once a week.

21 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

10% of your calories on something you aren’t even loving seems... meh.

I know, right? It's feeling more like compulsion and less like enjoyment recently. Time for a change.

7 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Oh I’m perfectly willing. @Harriet drinking wine is stupid when you’re trying to lose weight, stop that nonsense at once 😘

(protein shake, meh, it’s easy. But I’d rather have an egg/tuna sandwich or something.. definitely beats having wine though)

Thank you, KB Girl 😊And I think I will get some protein powder after all because yesterday my valiant plant to eat 300g of potatoes and 300 gram of fettarme Kräuterquark failed and I managed less than 1100 cal of solid food for the day (I was stressed though). I could increase lower volume/higher calorie stuff but they tend to be fat/carbs, which I get enough of. So a non-filling protein could actually be perfect if my appetite doesn't rally soon.

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

Thank you, KB Girl 😊And I think I will get some protein powder after all because yesterday my valiant plant to eat 300g of potatoes and 300 gram of fettarme Kräuterquark failed and I managed less than 1100 cal of solid food for the day (I was stressed though). I could increase lower volume/higher calorie stuff but they tend to be fat/carbs, which I get enough of. So a non-filling protein could actually be perfect if my appetite doesn't rally soon.

I have a pretty healthy appetite but I definitely couldn’t eat 300 grams of potatoes or low fat quark without anything to help it go down.. ugh!

Maybe dressing up huttenkase with a slice of bread, tomatoes, pepper and salt? 
Also I would like to issue a reminder that fat also has awesome nutrients. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

I've set my protein goal for what I think is my lean weight in pounds--but I'm consistently under. I am starting to think that my previous diet involved 1000 cal of healthy foods and 1000 cal of snacks, sweets, junk, and liquid calories that didn't contribute much to satiety or nutrition. I wonder if just getting in more calories of nutrient dense food would help me feel less tired?

I have found that getting adequate calories of nutritious foods absolutely impacts my energy levels. 

I am not going to say that drinking alcohol is dumb, as I do it myself on occasion, but I will say that it may not be in line with your goals. Research indicates that alcohol negatively impacts sleep quality. Because good sleep is so important for workout recovery and the regulation of hunger hormones, drinking alcohol frequently may slow down your progress if you are trying to build strength, lose weight, or just generally get a good night sleep. 

I am currently eating between 1800-2000 cals a day, and slowly increasing. The majority of which comes from whole foods and almost no liquid calories. But when I first started, my average was much lower. If you are having issues with appetite, just give yourself time and consider reverse dieting your way up to higher calories. I have found that when I try to force myself to eat a bunch more, especially when it is mostly whole foods full of fiber and whatnot, I am usually not successful with it unless I gradually increase my calories over time. Also, play around with your current meals, and find what works for you. I have found that adding healthy fats like some avocado or some mixed nuts/nut butter to a meal is an easy to way boost calories and nurtients without adding a whole lot of bulk to a meal, making it easier to get in more calories even if my appetite hasn't fully caught up yet.

If I am behind on calories for the day, my favorite way to boost my cals and scratch that evening dessert itch is with "nice cream." Frozen banana, vanilla protein powder, your milk or alternative (or water) of choice, some ice, blended until smooth. When you get the ratios right, it has the consistency of a frosty and is so good. You can also add cocoa powder, peanut butter powder, strawberries, or other additions to create different flavors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

I have a pretty healthy appetite but I definitely couldn’t eat 300 grams of potatoes or low fat quark without anything to help it go down.. ugh!

Maybe dressing up huttenkase with a slice of bread, tomatoes, pepper and salt? 
Also I would like to issue a reminder that fat also has awesome nutrients. 

The reason I was eating low fat quark is that the store accidentally delivered it... instead of my 42% hüttenkäse.  I love fats and find it easy to eat them, nom. I've set them at 35% or about 60 grams for now, so that protein can be a higher percent, too.

1 hour ago, Aquarii said:

I have found that getting adequate calories of nutritious foods absolutely impacts my energy levels. 

I am not going to say that drinking alcohol is dumb, as I do it myself on occasion, but I will say that it may not be in line with your goals. Research indicates that alcohol negatively impacts sleep quality. Because good sleep is so important for workout recovery and the regulation of hunger hormones, drinking alcohol frequently may slow down your progress if you are trying to build strength, lose weight, or just generally get a good night sleep. 

I want all these, and more. "not in line with goals" is a much more nuanced and kinder take. Thank you 😊

I am currently eating between 1800-2000 cals a day, and slowly increasing. The majority of which comes from whole foods and almost no liquid calories. But when I first started, my average was much lower. If you are having issues with appetite, just give yourself time and consider reverse dieting your way up to higher calories. I have found that when I try to force myself to eat a bunch more, especially when it is mostly whole foods full of fiber and whatnot, I am usually not successful with it unless I gradually increase my calories over time. Also, play around with your current meals, and find what works for you. I have found that adding healthy fats like some avocado or some mixed nuts/nut butter to a meal is an easy to way boost calories and nurtients without adding a whole lot of bulk to a meal, making it easier to get in more calories even if my appetite hasn't fully caught up yet.

I can easily get my calories (and a surplus) with  healthy fats--I find them easy to eat--but getting the 30% protein I set is harder. I will relax for now and work up to getting more veg and protein in slowly, thank you again.

If I am behind on calories for the day, my favorite way to boost my cals and scratch that evening dessert itch is with "nice cream." Frozen banana, vanilla protein powder, your milk or alternative (or water) of choice, some ice, blended until smooth. When you get the ratios right, it has the consistency of a frosty and is so good. You can also add cocoa powder, peanut butter powder, strawberries, or other additions to create different flavors.

This sounds nice! Like a semi frozen smoothie! I used to love smoothies. Can't remember why I stopped drinking them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Oh boy! I am living proof of that this weekend. Had a couple glasses with dinner on both Fri and Saturday and I am soooooooo tired today. Worked out yesterday and I am not recovering well today.

20 hours ago, Harriet said:

I'm also finding it really hard to get enough protein, but slowly increasing over time. Being vegetarian puts me on extra challenge mode. But I've just eaten a little gnocchi with a LOAD of different beans, and tofu bacon on top... I'm inching up towards 80-100g/protein a day. Personally, I find eating clean and nutritious gives me more energy :)

In other news... Down another 0.5kg! I'm surprised since I wasn't calorie counting too much this week. I'm pondering eating at maintenance for a couple weeks once the ten weeks are up, don't want my body to get too used to eating less calories! But I'm really pleased, I've lost 5.5kg since the beginning, so maybe by end of May I'll get to my target weight.

• Like 5

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

2 hours ago, Keladris said:

In other news... Down another 0.5kg! I'm surprised since I wasn't calorie counting too much this week. I'm pondering eating at maintenance for a couple weeks once the ten weeks are up, don't want my body to get too used to eating less calories! But I'm really pleased, I've lost 5.5kg since the beginning, so maybe by end of May I'll get to my target weight.

That's awesome! My plan was to take a break and maintain for a while after 10 lbs loss too. (Sadly that won't be necessary because I haven't managed to lose any weight.)

• Like 2

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

3 hours ago, Keladris said:

Oh boy! I am living proof of that this weekend. Had a couple glasses with dinner on both Fri and Saturday and I am soooooooo tired today. Worked out yesterday and I am not recovering well today.

I'm also finding it really hard to get enough protein, but slowly increasing over time. Being vegetarian puts me on extra challenge mode. But I've just eaten a little gnocchi with a LOAD of different beans, and tofu bacon on top... I'm inching up towards 80-100g/protein a day. Personally, I find eating clean and nutritious gives me more energy :)

Oh yeah, I would find it so hard with vegetarianism. Beans really add to your carbs for the day, right? And it is HARD to eat a lot of them. I guess tofu and cottage cheese are important? Anyway, it's good to know you got some more energy from eating better.

Do you take breaks based on scheduling (like every x weeks) or based on reaching weight goals along the path?

1 hour ago, Kestrel Grey said:

That's awesome! My plan was to take a break and maintain for a while after 10 lbs loss too. (Sadly that won't be necessary because I haven't managed to lose any weight.)

Alas!

• Like 1

Starting Weight: 265.8

W1: 264.6 (down 1.2)

W2:  264.2 (down 0.4)

W3: 262.6 (down 1.6)

W4: 262.4 (down 0.2)

W5: 264.6 (UP 2.2)

W6: 259.2 (down 5.4)

W7: 258.8 (down 0.4)

W8: 258.8 (no change)

W9: 256.8 (down 2)

Well that's just weird.  I've been stuck at this plateau FOREVER.   I didn't go off the wagon and I didn't necessarily plan any refeed days but I just needed a minute.  I had some social things planned that made it difficult to stay within goals and maintain balance so I just went with it and enjoyed my time, trying to be mindful of choices.  I went over my calorie budget by about 300 on Friday, and about the same on Saturday.  My increased activity level Saturday helped out some so logging in Noom came out to only a 100 calorie surplus.  I was a bit better Sunday but still marginally over my calorie goals.  Not only was I over my calorie target all weekend but food quality was poor.  Wouldn't you know it,  starting Saturday morning I started breaking through that plateau and I lost 2 pounds just over the weekend.  Bodies are weird.   I am now right on target with a total of 9 pounds down on week 9.   

I didn't get around to saving any food.  I had some asparagus in the fridge that I bought for some Thai chicken meatballs but they ended up in the freezer.  My plan was to pull them from the freezer and have them with some brown rice, carrots and the asparagus.  But it just never happened.  

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1 hour ago, Shello said:

Wouldn't you know it,  starting Saturday morning I started breaking through that plateau and I lost 2 pounds just over the weekend.  Bodies are weird.   I am now right on target with a total of 9 pounds down on week 9.  

Nice job! And a nice reminder to not worry about the daily fluctuations.

• Like 2

To add to the weekly win, I signed up for a delivery box of fugly freggies! I will see how the quality and variety is, because when we had a CSA box several years ago it was... eh.

i think by taking the ugly veg it will actually be fresher, because it comes straight from the farmer’s “too big/ too small/ too wonky” bucket to us, without lingering on the grocery shelf for who knows how long, or in storage until there is a space for it. There may also be new to us types of freggies, which I am interested to try (the gut health podcast I am currently listening to suggests aiming for 30!!! different plant foods per week, to establish a diverse gut biome - they include different wholegrains / pseudo grains and nuts and seeds in plant foods, so it’s not just 30different veggies, but still, that is a dramatic difference to my current “ol faithfuls”).

Will try and step on the judgement machine today, but expect to see little/no change- shoulder rehab has taken priority over exercise and eating hasn’t been as dialled in as it could have been.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

I've seen those ugly veg companies and I have been interested.  Last time I checked it wasn't available in my area.  I'm curious to find out how you like it.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

As expected, I am up this week.  1.1 lbs, which is less than I was expecting, but my waist has gone up a whole inch, which...yikes.  I don't even know how that happens.  Probably bloat/inflammation, but still yikes.   Need to get back on track this week, or I will have managed to undo all my (minimal) progress for the year in 2 weeks. :(  Ugh.

• Like 5

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

To add to the weekly win, I signed up for a delivery box of fugly freggies! I will see how the quality and variety is, because when we had a CSA box several years ago it was... eh.

i think by taking the ugly veg it will actually be fresher, because it comes straight from the farmer’s “too big/ too small/ too wonky” bucket to us, without lingering on the grocery shelf for who knows how long, or in storage until there is a space for it. There may also be new to us types of freggies, which I am interested to try (the gut health podcast I am currently listening to suggests aiming for 30!!! different plant foods per week, to establish a diverse gut biome - they include different wholegrains / pseudo grains and nuts and seeds in plant foods, so it’s not just 30different veggies, but still, that is a dramatic difference to my current “ol faithfuls”).

Will try and step on the judgement machine today, but expect to see little/no change- shoulder rehab has taken priority over exercise and eating hasn’t been as dialled in as it could have been.

We don't get fugly veggies, just an order of veggies and fruits that farmer man has collected from his and other farms. But, we are just given what's available. It's been a good way for me to branch out and try new things. 

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

We don't get fugly veggies, just an order of veggies and fruits that farmer man has collected from his and other farms. But, we are just given what's available. It's been a good way for me to branch out and try new things. 

The CSA box is how we were first introduced to kolrhabi and a particularly spicy radish that made us evacuate the house after cooking it 😂 kolrhabi was a win and we’ve had it at least once since... the hell radish... less so 😂 

• Haha 5
20 hours ago, Harriet said:

Oh yeah, I would find it so hard with vegetarianism. Beans really add to your carbs for the day, right? And it is HARD to eat a lot of them. I guess tofu and cottage cheese are important?

Oh yessss, that's the trouble I'm having. Eating a deficit AND getting enough protein. I ended up buying some pea protein powder to help me out and eggs are my friends! Ideally I'd  eat more protein cos I really want to be strong and support my muscles, but I just can't at 1800kcal/day. 

As for the taking a break thing, I have no idea how to decide when to do it! I'm kinda just going on what my gut (pardon the pun) tells me.

• Like 2

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

7 hours ago, Elennare said:

As expected, I am up this week.  1.1 lbs, which is less than I was expecting, but my waist has gone up a whole inch, which...yikes.  I don't even know how that happens.  Probably bloat/inflammation, but still yikes.   Need to get back on track this week, or I will have managed to undo all my (minimal) progress for the year in 2 weeks. :(  Ugh.

Argh how does that happen. It's not a real inch, surely, but a phantom water inch.

3 hours ago, Keladris said:

Oh yessss, that's the trouble I'm having. Eating a deficit AND getting enough protein. I ended up buying some pea protein powder to help me out and eggs are my friends! Ideally I'd  eat more protein cos I really want to be strong and support my muscles, but I just can't at 1800kcal/day.

Oh yeah, eggs! I forgot about them. Not that I can eat more than 21g of protein from eggs in one sitting, either. But they help.

• Like 1

Apparently I forgot to actually enter my weights the past two weigh-ins 🙄 Oops!

Well last week was around 211.8 and this week 211 even so I've stabilized after a few 'bad choices days' nutritionally.  I'm trying to keep my eyes on the prize but would sure like to see some progress toward those tasty numbers I was seeing the scale a couple weeks ago!

21 hours ago, Elennare said:

Don't beat yourself up too badly, plenty of us are in and out of the same boat.  Like a rollercoaster there are always ups and downs!  Plus part of the lesson behind this PVP is just to learn how much different foods and activities can affect the numbers we see on the scale.  As long as you're trending toward your goals in the long run, it's been a successful journey!  In the meantime, remember your WHY and keep it at the forefront of your efforts.  💪

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Also I'm realizing my math was originally off so let's run this PVP up until the end of the current challenge, reset over Week Zero (or continue if you're a keener!) and go into another PVP.  I'll call the next one 12/10lbs in 12/10 Weeks to give people the option to either stick with an ongoing goal or take a break during Week Zeros.  As with this current PVP, the goal and time frame is just a guideline anyways. ;) 

MRW when we're teaching green beans how things really are - GIF on Imgur 

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager