Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Today, I decided to see if starting out with more veggies helped. I have a bunch of frozen veggies that I rarely use. Today's was rice cauliflower with kale and sweet potatoes. Topped that with turkey burger, and a banana. It did seem a lot easier today to  stick with my calorie goals

I think next week's Weekly Win! is going to feature veggies heavily.  Already have a pretty good idea brewing in my devious mind... :devilish:

16 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

This Friday is the lunar new year. If we are making healthy celebration treats, I'd really like to try making a healthy red bean cake.

I've always had a soft spot for alternatives to flour!  Black bean brownies are delicious, and now I really want to make a red bean velvet cake!

10 hours ago, pureleeawesome said:

Please help me decide between these recipes:

At some point I now believe I will make them all.

I support the latter statement 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Yummm you're inspiring me for treats this weekend...

• Like 1

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

On 2/9/2021 at 8:54 PM, Kestrel Grey said:

This Friday is the lunar new year. If we are making healthy celebration treats, I'd really like to try making a healthy red bean cake.

Do share the recipe if possible, I've never had red bean cake and have no idea where they would be in  Asian stores I do know of...

---- 

Personal update, I'm staying steady st the 298. Last week did my first go on MFP after a long break.

Discovered foods that down turn my blood sugar and leave me shaking after 2 hours despite many servings of healthy veggies and broccoli  ( >.> ramen)

The meat veggies and potatoes seems to be the perfect combo so far and figuring what else will fit my goals. 

Trouble shooting like crazy

• Like 5

On 2/8/2021 at 5:26 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

These have inspired me.  I think starting this week we should incorporate Weekly Challenges into this Weight-loss PvP! ;) 

So with that in mind, I want everyone to CELEBRATE SOMETHING (random or not) this week and celebrate it by EATING SOMETHING HEALTHY.  It probably won't be your first choice, but whether that's substituting healthier ingredients for unhealthy ones (cauliflower wings breaded in almond flour, oatmeal-coconut crust apple pie, veggies and dip with low-calorie beer, etc) I think that's such a huge win and a seriously effective tool to keep in our toolkits when the party starts and the metaphorical balloons come out!  

Let's spice it up too by asking everyone submits a picture of their contribution !  B) 

Image result for challenge accepted gif

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 2/10/2021 at 9:34 PM, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Discovered foods that down turn my blood sugar and leave me shaking after 2 hours despite many servings of healthy veggies and broccoli  ( >.> ramen)

Probably because ramen is only as similar to food as monkeys are to human.  Sure there are some similarities there, maybe an original intent, but... 🤣

• Haha 4

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Probably because ramen is only as similar to food as monkeys are to human.  Sure there are some similarities there, maybe an original intent, but... 🤣

Yeah I've been refusing this notion... realizing its fast food of the world next to white bread. 

23 hours ago, Shello said:

Image result for challenge accepted gif

Thank you for rehighlighting the challenge... I may have totally missed it. 

• Like 2

I made the  chocolate mousse!

It isn't overly sweet but is very very tasty. There are six servings of it and I was unable to successfully convince my housemate to take any (she prefers it sweeter).

WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS AGAIN??? (It's all good, it's freezable.)

• Like 5

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

I made the mooncakes! Without the duck egg yolk in the middle of a random one (it's a lottery when you eat them) because that's just gross.  I made both lotus seed paste and red bean paste from scratch so it could be lower sugar and preservative free and they are fantastic.  I may have eaten them for lunch both days...

• Like 5

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

1 hour ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I made the mooncakes! Without the duck egg yolk in the middle of a random one (it's a lottery when you eat them) because that's just gross.  I made both lotus seed paste and red bean paste from scratch so it could be lower sugar and preservative free and they are fantastic.  I may have eaten them for lunch both days...

Very impressive!

• Thanks 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Made chocolate dipped macaroon for Valentine's Day. Since we were snowed in tonight, and no friends came over for our weekly game night, we  tried a few tonight to celebrate the snow. I I got them from my Against All Grains cookbook, so they were already low sugar, and I cut out some more by subbing out part of the sugar for Truvia (sugar and stevia blend) 

• Like 4

@pureleeawesome I have to confess that I also made the grape cake, but not the healthy version. Your post got me interested and then I found a semi sweet one with orange zest... delightful. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

16 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

@pureleeawesome I have to confess that I also made the grape cake, but not the healthy version. Your post got me interested and then I found a semi sweet one with orange zest... delightful. 

Ooooh. Can't blame you. I've decided to make all the desserts but in order of how I posted them but I'm super keen to try that one.

Also,

image.png.51aec70fa311bfe9d6858a2739b7352a.png

VICTORY IS NIGH

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 2

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

Somehow I'm down 2kg! Funny after no loss the week before. But I'm very pleased with that. I'm now at 80kg and looking forward to getting back into the 70s :)

Had a full on cheese/wine/lasagna fest for valentines... It was honestly super great, and I think it's healthy to have the occasional treats. I also enjoyed it all the more. Tonight I made "a salad in a burrito" and it's really yummy and also lo-cal. It has lettuce, tomato, red cabbage, carrots, sweetcorn and a little avocado and humus. Thinking I'm going to have them for lunches this week too.

• Like 6

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

Starting weight: 96.9kg

End of W1: 96kg

End of W2: 94.9kg

End of W3: 94.9kg

End of W4: 93.6kg

End of W5: 93kg

End of W6: 93kg

Not bad, considering this was Week Zero between challenges. I'd taken a recovery break from workouts and wasn't super mindful with my eating, especially yesterday (Valentine's) so I was expecting a slight uptick. No news is good news in this case.

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

image.png.51ee41b06d07f5d67cd6981486e94594.png

image.png.f2e6561a8d8f3ad2fd82b4f4a79c4c18.png

January/February

image.png.02c17c69bafdfb1596ab10f2b6015c99.png    image.png.77d3a9510c9dfa0c7106908abf11bd4e.png

Averages:

Jan. 4th: 80.6

Jan. 11th 80.4

Jan. 18th: 80.0

Jan. 25th: 79.5

Feb. 1st: 79.1

Feb. 8th: 79.0

Feb. 15th: 78.5

Last week difference 0.5 KG Total difference 2.1 KG

This all felt a bit odd. Saturday in the evening i started to develop a mild headache, and had it all the way through till sunday early evening. I let go of the rules a bit on sunday, i had some chips in the afternoon while i was watching a movie with my son. And i had a big portion of Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner (though the rest of the family was having pizza). So i really thought my weight would be up a bit this morning. What i did do different was have a few runs this week. 3 to be exact. With a total of just over 40k.

Goal for this week is to keep most weigh in's below 78. Hopefully the weather will turn up (as it is now raining). Well at least all the snow will be gone (going to be 15c coming weekend).

• Like 6

... a little odd in the head ...

I made healthy cupcakes to celebrate Valentine's day :) (Well, they were just banana pancakes mixture – bananas, eggs, oatmeal, and experimented with adding dark chocolate chips – in cupcake forms in the oven because I was tired of cleaning the pan and being super careful to not break the pancakes up.) It was a delicious success! Sometimes with a drop of caramel syrup, sometimes without. Had 4 yesterday, and for this morning for breakfast with a kiwi :)

• Like 4

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

Starting Weight: 265.8

W1: 264.6 (down 1.2)

W2:  264.2 (down 0.4)

W3: 262.6 (down 1.6)

W4: 262.4 (down 0.2)

W5: 264.6 (UP 2.2)

W6: 259.2 (down 5.4)

Great week!  I started my goals for the new challenge early and they seem to be right on the money. I recovered from the birthday celebratory bloat and then some. I’m now just a little ahead of 6 pounds lost goal for the 6 weeks. 

I also celebrated Valentines with some cooking. We were thinking of ordering Olive Garden’s valentines dinner for 2 for delivery. It was a main dish for 2, breadsticks, dipping sauce, soup or salad, and a dessert. I looked up all the nutrition and it would have been at least 2100 calories each.  I decided to recreate it at home. I made a vodka pasta with whole wheat pasta and added spinach and pancetta, breadsticks, and a weight watchers light Alfredo sauce for dipping. For dessert I made a light banana cream pie parfait. Total calories came in at 913. I was able to stay under my calorie goal for the day and not starve myself all day. 

Spoiler

DF2C59AF-64B6-4F67-9479-EA891A6DA3FD.thumb.jpeg.37b382c23d45ee14019fc3a5da470b85.jpeg97250883-8F3C-49D5-8C20-712B58F4B3F2.thumb.jpeg.656d657c4298603d1a46b0a1d99c66ea.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

5 hours ago, Athena said:

I made healthy cupcakes to celebrate Valentine's day :) (Well, they were just banana pancakes mixture – bananas, eggs, oatmeal, and experimented with adding dark chocolate chips – in cupcake forms in the oven because I was tired of cleaning the pan and being super careful to not break the pancakes up.) It was a delicious success! Sometimes with a drop of caramel syrup, sometimes without. Had 4 yesterday, and for this morning for breakfast with a kiwi :)

This is brilliant! I have a premade Paleo pancake mix that I make as a minute muffin in the microwave, and it's so much easier than pancake.s

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shello said:

Starting Weight: 265.8

W1: 264.6 (down 1.2)

W2:  264.2 (down 0.4)

W3: 262.6 (down 1.6)

W4: 262.4 (down 0.2)

W5: 264.6 (UP 2.2)

W6: 259.2 (down 5.4)

Great week!  I started my goals for the new challenge early and they seem to be right on the money. I recovered from the birthday celebratory bloat and then some. I’m now just a little ahead of 6 pounds lost goal for the 6 weeks. 

I also celebrated Valentines with some cooking. We were thinking of ordering Olive Garden’s valentines dinner for 2 for delivery. It was a main dish for 2, breadsticks, dipping sauce, soup or salad, and a dessert. I looked up all the nutrition and it would have been at least 2100 calories each.  I decided to recreate it at home. I made a vodka pasta with whole wheat pasta and added spinach and pancetta, breadsticks, and a weight watchers light Alfredo sauce for dipping. For dessert I made a light banana cream pie parfait. Total calories came in at 913. I was able to stay under my calorie goal for the day and not starve myself all day. 

Hide contents

DF2C59AF-64B6-4F67-9479-EA891A6DA3FD.thumb.jpeg.37b382c23d45ee14019fc3a5da470b85.jpeg97250883-8F3C-49D5-8C20-712B58F4B3F2.thumb.jpeg.656d657c4298603d1a46b0a1d99c66ea.jpeg

Congrats on the weight loss .That is a super cool meal that you recreated!

• Like 2

Down 1.2 from last week. Similar arc as last week too: was looking really good midweek (actually had a couple weigh-ins below 170), then let the wheels fall off a bit over the weekend. I had made enough progress during the week that the weekend backsliding wasn't too detrimental. But definitely need to figure out a way to keep it together during the weekend. 

• Like 2

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

211.6 this week, which means I'm up 2lbs - almost purely carbohydrate water weight too, I'm pretty sure.  I decided to use Week Zero as a refeed week to eat closer to maintenance calories and work on cultivate a healthy mindset/relationship with food again, getting my workouts consistent and on track, while focusing on my mostly-daily yoga goal.  So I'm excited to see what the scale does next week as I dial my nutrition back in today and for the rest of the week!

So last week's #WeeklyWin was Making The Unhealthy, Healthier.  

With that in mind, we wanted to kind of celebrate Valentine's Day without giving into the mindless corporate trap that is $40 roses and $20 chocolates.  When I got up, I started looking for a 'skinny' version of cookie dough and ended up finding a few cheesecake recipes we ended up running with.  So dinner was corn tortilla steak tacos with all the fixings, a hand-picked charcuterie board, brussel sprout chips, and cookie dough cheesecake (made using light cream cheese, plain skyr yogurt, stevia sweetener, two scoops of vanilla protein in each the cake and its crust, and various other ingredients that weren't really substitutes like vanilla extract, oats for the crust, egg whites, etc)

Screenshot_20210215_114633.jpg

Screenshot_20210215_114812.jpg2

All in all, it was a success!  Now I need a spice/lactose reboot because while these recipes were healthier than they could have been, my tummy is sensitive to both and I'm actually excited to get back to the ascetic meat and veggies routine I'm better used to ;)  I hope this fun challenge was useful for people!  I have another juicy challenge coming up next post.

18 hours ago, pureleeawesome said:

VICTORY IS NIGH

If victory is already nigh at the midpoint of our challenge, it sounds to me like you need to set a larger goal!  :D 

15 hours ago, Keladris said:

Somehow I'm down 2kg! Funny after no loss the week before. 

My body is historically quite fond of playing this game with me too.  Zero scale movement, or even an increase, one week before plunging down 3, 4, or even 5lbs the next 🤣

2 hours ago, Shello said:

I looked up all the nutrition and it would have been at least 2100 calories each.  I decided to recreate it at home. I made a vodka pasta with whole wheat pasta and added spinach and pancetta, breadsticks, and a weight watchers light Alfredo sauce for dipping. For dessert I made a light banana cream pie parfait. Total calories came in at 913. I was able to stay under my calorie goal for the day and not starve myself all day. 

That kind of victory is exactly why I came up with last weeks Win!  ;)  So glad you managed on your own and saved yourself over 1k calories.

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Coming right up... our new #WeeklyWin!

This time around I want each and everyone to focus on volume.  With that in mind, I am challenging all of us to consume 800 500g of fruits and vegetables per day!

Here is a link to the conventional 800g Vegetable Challenge (which people can still shoot for, but let's call it a bonus rather than the goal to keep operating costs down and start with a more reasonable target) for info and inspiration.  I encourage everyone who participates to take this opportunity to discover new vegetables or fruit, to try (and share!) new recipes with them, ask for/make suggestions, and to talk about your tips/tricks, wins and struggles alike!  I'm super excited to see how everyone tackles this challenge. B) 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1