Weight Loss PVP: 10 lbs in 10 Weeks! [4 Jan - 15 Mar, 2021]

Sunday morning here in Oz, that's weigh in day for me.

99.0kg (218 lbs) for -2.7kg (5.95lbs)

Pretty happy with that but i know most of it is water the first week for me. When i stop drinking the puffiness goes, particularly in my face and hands, pretty sure that's water retention.  Still I'm feeling pretty good for 9 days alcohol free. This week I'll focus more on food as well.  

• Like 10
  • That's Metal 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Aussies for the win! A little nervous about letting the team down tomorrow, so might sneak in an extra workout tonight haha 🇦🇺 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Oh wait, my weigh in day is Monday, not Sunday. Whew! But waist measurement seems down half an inch, which is either nice progress or measurement error. Hoping it’s the former!

Fine tuning my approach a little for the upcoming week. Activity has generally been good, but I could be a lot more consistent about tracking food. I just find MFP soooo tedious especially late in the day when my brain is already exhausted. But when I use it, I consistently lose weight, and when I don’t I don’t, so I’m thinking it’s just one of those habits I should entrain.

Also fine tuned the ol’ morning smoothie recipe, gradually adding in more baby spinach and reducing the sugar content (switched out OJ for unsweetened cranberry juice, woo). Smoothies always manage to taste the same to me so may as well make them as nutritional goal-advancing as possible!

Right now the hubs is making pancakes for the kids, so I think I’ll remove myself from temptation [nothing wrong with pancakes but I can literally feel myself getting hungrier when I eat them] and head out for a Pokémon collection spree. Blue sky, clear sidewalks, can’t lose.

• Like 6

My weight hasn't budged this week. One more week seeing if I can make habit changes alone work, then I'll have to contemplate going back to mfp.

• Like 6

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

1 hour ago, TiogaGirl said:

Oh wait, my weigh in day is Monday, not Sunday. Whew! But waist measurement seems down half an inch, which is either nice progress or measurement error. Hoping it’s the former!

Fine tuning my approach a little for the upcoming week. Activity has generally been good, but I could be a lot more consistent about tracking food. I just find MFP soooo tedious especially late in the day when my brain is already exhausted. But when I use it, I consistently lose weight, and when I don’t I don’t, so I’m thinking it’s just one of those habits I should entrain.

Also fine tuned the ol’ morning smoothie recipe, gradually adding in more baby spinach and reducing the sugar content (switched out OJ for unsweetened cranberry juice, woo). Smoothies always manage to taste the same to me so may as well make them as nutritional goal-advancing as possible!

Right now the hubs is making pancakes for the kids, so I think I’ll remove myself from temptation [nothing wrong with pancakes but I can literally feel myself getting hungrier when I eat them] and head out for a Pokémon collection spree. Blue sky, clear sidewalks, can’t lose.

Woohoo for losing inches. Agreed, it's sometimes hard to tell with measuring when it's just a little amount if it is actually smaller or you measured it different than last time. I'm sure you measured correctly though.😉

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Smoothies always manage to taste the same to me so may as well make them as nutritional goal-advancing as possible!

I've found this to be true in the dozen or so times I've revamped my recipe over the years

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

When I started picking up my old habits again the other month I hated the thought of tracking. It takes so much energy and I just didn’t think I had it in me. I started tracking ‘loosely’ just to get a sense of where I was at. Once I started doing it and was half assed at it, the old ha it kicked in and tracking got easier. I don’t always lose when I track but I never lose when I don’t track. 

• Like 6

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Weighed in this morning, lost 1.3kg/2.86lb and 2.5cm/1inch. Feels good, nice and sustainable and not too crazy. 

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1

Just did my weigh-in for a 0.9kg week-to-week loss, not as impressive as other folks but still almost double the 0.5kg/week goal of the PvP, so I'm happy.

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1),  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6), Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Erm .... *ahem* up .8 of a pound is the wrong direction. Granted, it’s 100% because I did not do what I needed to do re: reigning in the weekend eating, so there is no one to blame but my food motivated brain. Suuuuuuuuuuuper forgot I was actually *trying* to be mindful when dinner was v exciting. Will endeavor to control my damn self this next week. 

• Like 11

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

I weighed in today and I'm down exactly 1lb. I'm suspicious that it's exactly 1lb, but eh, I'll take it.

• Like 5

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

A researcher at my uni is advocating for losing max 2-3kg in a month, then maintaining for a month, then losing 2-3kg the following month. Apparently it doesn’t trigger the starvation response hormones and lets your body adjust to the new “normal” weight before dropping a little more so it’s not fighting to stabilise back up to “normal” and overcorrecting. It seems crazy sensible and non-dramatic (12kg total in a year), but I’m going to try and be aware of it this PvP to aim to lose for a month and then maintain for a month. By these calculations I need to aim for just 3kg down and hold. Seeing as it took three years to put on the 20kg I’d like to shed it seems fair to take a similar amount of time to farewell that adipose.

• Like 8

And... I am exactly where I was this time last week, to the decimal place. Re-measured waist and that is still down so I’m cool with it! And realistically, while activity has been solid this week I have not been eating to deficit... so it makes sense. Going to step it up just a little this week, food wise, and keep up the good exercise momentum. We got this! 

• Like 5

I had a crazy week and am distrusting my scale.  My weight spiked after eating out and then for days of returning to better choices it never budged backed down until Sunday morning when it dropped quite a bit.  Today, official weigh in day, my scale no longer didn't reflect the same loss.  However, I tried multiple times and got a litany of results.  I figured that mean I can choose which one to record so I'm logging a 1.2lb loss.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Just did my weekly weigh-in. Down 5lb in the first week. I knew this week would show a large movement based on previous experience; lots of bloat and water weight. This weight loss pace isn't sustainable even though my nutrition plan is because I'm not on some weird crash-diet. I was a little lax over the weekend - a small piece of birthday cake and some salty bagged snacks - but this is an example of what I eat in a given day, actually short of my target calorie goal by a snack or so.

Spoiler
On 1/7/2021 at 12:09 PM, EricMN said:

Breakfast: 3 Scrambled Eggs, 4 small slices of bacon, a slice of pumpernickel bread with butter, and a bottle of highly-caffeinated Kombucha (<700 calories)

Lunch: 3oz chicken breast, ~3cups steamed vegetables, and a can of Kombucha (<350 calories)

Snack: Package of raw mixed nuts (<200 calories)

Dinner: 3oz chicken breast and ~3cups steamed vegetables (<250 calories )

Snack: Dark-chocolate-dipped frozen banana (<150 calories )

Total for the day: ~1600 KCal, 86g protein, 22g fiber, 117g carbs, 80g fat, <2000mG sodium

I know the eating habits are sustainable when I start getting back to a normal exercise routine as I spent five years eating like this. I'll just scale up the calorie intake, mostly by adding larger portions of meat for protein.

• Like 3

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

5 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

farewell that adipose.

Happy Wave GIF by Doctor Who

Weekly weigh in has me up 1/2 a pound, which is well within normal fluctuations, and down 1/8in on waist, which is what I actually care about.  It's less than my goal, but still trending in the right direction.

@Rurik Harrgath, I noticed that the spreadsheet was missing formulas for most people, so I went and filled them in.  Then I decided it looked ugly with a bunch of unrealistic numbers for anyone who hadn't updated yet, and added in formatting so it won't show results until you have both starting and current numbers entered.  I also suggest adding a column for units, so everyone's numbers have context and we can avoid #VALUE! errors.  Let me know if you want me to change it back,; or if there are any tweaks you'd like to see, I can try to help.

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

I am down 1.2 lbs this week, and 2 lbs from the start of the month!  Pretty sure I'm also a bit bloated today, because my waist measurement went up 1 inch.  Measured a couple times, and it stayed the same, so don't think it's measurement error.  I do think there's some sort of error in the spreadsheet, because it says I've lost -1.2 inches on my waist instead of -1.

• Like 5

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

1 hour ago, Elennare said:

I am down 1.2 lbs this week, and 2 lbs from the start of the month!  Pretty sure I'm also a bit bloated today, because my waist measurement went up 1 inch.  Measured a couple times, and it stayed the same, so don't think it's measurement error.  I do think there's some sort of error in the spreadsheet, because it says I've lost -1.2 inches on my waist instead of -1.

Looks like I targeted the wrong cells when I added the missing formulas, it should be fixed now.

• Like 3

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Somehow I'm down a little over 2lbs, which is surprising given my somewhat higher than usual carb intake (tweaked my macros last week) and a couple less than stellar nutrition days with only minimal exercise most the week (one workout, but walking every day).  So we'll see how that shapes out over this week and what the scale says over the next couple.

One day at a time, one week at a time!  That's how progress is made.  B) 

12 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Erm .... *ahem* up .8 of a pound is the wrong direction. Granted, it’s 100% because I did not do what I needed to do re: reigning in the weekend eating, so there is no one to blame but my food motivated brain. Suuuuuuuuuuuper forgot I was actually *trying* to be mindful when dinner was v exciting. Will endeavor to control my damn self this next week. 

7 hours ago, Shello said:

I had a crazy week and am distrusting my scale.  My weight spiked after eating out and then for days of returning to better choices it never budged backed down until Sunday morning when it dropped quite a bit.  Today, official weigh in day, my scale no longer didn't reflect the same loss.  However, I tried multiple times and got a litany of results.  I figured that mean I can choose which one to record so I'm logging a 1.2lb loss.  

I can fluctuate as much as 4lbs overnight just drinking my standard 3-5L of water and 2000ish calories of food, so that just goes to show you that the scale isn't always our ally day to day, or even week to week, but the idea behind this challenge is that 10+ weeks should give us a pretty reasonable indictator for long-term success.  Don't sweat the first couple of weeks too much while we're still building those habits and routines!

6 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

Let me know if you want me to change it back,; or if there are any tweaks you'd like to see, I can try to help.

Thanks for the catch :D I haven't done much with spreadsheets since high school, and admittedly this one was stolen from a previous challenge, so I'm sure it's not perfect - but it ought to serve our purposes with a few tweaks here and there!

• Like 5

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager