That many lockdowns sucks. We are social creatures (even us introverts) and lockdowns really make it hard to get the social interaction we need to be emotionally healthy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

21 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That many lockdowns sucks. We are social creatures (even us introverts) and lockdowns really make it hard to get the social interaction we need to be emotionally healthy.

The introverts also need the social people to be social at one another so we can get a break ^_^

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Current Storyline: Tales of Owlshire | 0 | 1

Previous  Storyline: The Entwife’s Heart | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

4 hours ago, Ann of Owlshire said:

The introverts also need the social people to be social at one another so we can get a break ^_^

Thank you for putting to words what I've been feeling.

• Like 3

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

*hugs* I feel the weariness. Even as an introvert I'm feeling it. I do get out & about. I can't hug my friends when I see them & this makes me sad. On the other hand, I don't really get much time alone either. *sigh* It's really messed up.

• Like 3

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

How goes it over in Owlshire? Have you guys been getting the same levels of snow we've had up here? Hope everything is well.

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

iatetheyeti's odyssey: part one || part two

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Hope everything is well at Owlshire, and that you are all coping as well as can be expected with the lockdown!

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

Thanks @rhovaniel, @iatetheyeti, @harriet, and others who checked on me this week. The events in the US on Wednesday were also an emotional blow, as you know I’m an American so I can get personally preoccupied with the dramas of both the UK and the US! In addition, Enting developed night terrors again right in step with the new Lockdown, and I’m utterly wrecked.

I’m mostly coping, I’m continuing to fill out my XP spreadsheet, but I have basically no time online what with the Enting. Then, on Thursday/Friday, I was contacted by the games studio I did a brief contract for for in September (those following me at the time may remember), asking if I wanted more work from them. I do, but of course now we’re scrambling to find safe and quick childcare for this week in Lockdown so I can do the initial phase that may then lead into needing to sort out full time childcare for at least the next few months.

If successful, this will also require a priority shift from Owlshire’s spring and early summer ambitions, but I’ll wait to see if I make the final cut before thinking too hard about that. 

I haven’t been actively seeking contract work, but more work from this studio has always been a known wildcard in our plans and I am excited to have another opportunity. 

Enting and I went on some walks this week, I’ll post some photos this weekend for Owlshire admirers XD I’m desperately behind on other people’s threads, and I’m not sure I’ll ever keep up....

• Like 12

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

That's a whole lot to deal with. No wonder you've not been online! Take care of yourself and your family, and don't worry about keeping up with other threads or even posting pictures until you have the time to do so. We're here if you need to rant or vent or otherwise, and we'll still be here when things settle down for you. Take care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

iatetheyeti's odyssey: part one || part two

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

1 hour ago, Ann of Owlshire said:

The events in the US on Wednesday were also an emotional blow, as you know I’m an American so I can get personally preoccupied with the dramas of both the UK and the US! In addition, Enting developed night terrors again right in step with the new Lockdown, and I’m utterly wrecked.

I'm so sorry. My first thought was for all my American friends, and the night terrors as well... no wonder you're spent!

There is an awful lot on your plate, and as Yeti says, please don't stress too much on keeping up with threads and posting pictures if it becomes another load to add to the stress pile. There's a reason why I decided I needed to leave it till Saturday morning to get up to date with the boards. It was just too much most evenings, and that's okay. 

Here for you always!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

7 hours ago, Ann of Owlshire said:

The events in the US on Wednesday were also an emotional blow, as you know I’m an American so I can get personally preoccupied with the dramas of both the UK and the US! In addition, Enting developed night terrors again right in step with the new Lockdown, and I’m utterly wrecked.

Triple whammy. Ouch.

The contract offer from the game studio sounds great though. I'm assuming it's work that can be done safely from home, which of course is the best kind of work in pandemic times, even if it does requires you to find child care on short notice. Good luck with work and child care ambitions! We will still be here when things calm down again. :) 

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

11 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

Triple whammy. Ouch.

The contract offer from the game studio sounds great though. I'm assuming it's work that can be done safely from home, which of course is the best kind of work in pandemic times, even if it does requires you to find child care on short notice. Good luck with work and child care ambitions! We will still be here when things calm down again. :) 

Oh yes, it would be work from home even not in pandemic times, although maybe I’d be taking a trip or two into the office for face to face meetings in non-pandemic times. 

On the other hand, adding childcare adds a vector of infection to the household, so it’s not entirely safe.

• Like 2

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Wow! What exciting times for you. I hope it all works out for you and your family with this contract, it will definitely be a stretch for you all.

Best of luck figuring it all out!

• Like 1

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

23 minutes ago, Ann of Owlshire said:

On the other hand, adding childcare adds a vector of infection to the household, so it’s not entirely safe.

It does, and I imagine that also adds an amount of stress and possibly anxiety to deal with in addition to what is already going on?

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

Echoing others' mentions of support. It's hard to find last minute child care.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 1/9/2021 at 4:18 AM, Ann of Owlshire said:

Enting and I went on some walks this week, I’ll post some photos this weekend for Owlshire admirers XD I’m desperately behind on other people’s threads, and I’m not sure I’ll ever keep up....

/hugs. As many others have said - take care of you, we'll be here when things even out. 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Week 1 End: 95/200 points. My progress has tailed off a bit in the last few days—my plan did not exactly have me spending all my time trying to find a short term, short notice nanny and trying to write when I wasn’t doing that!

I’m not too concerned, I’m doing well on points still and I can rebalance later on. Plus “doing another job for this studio” was actually on my “Big Quest” lists, so it “counts” on my Game of Life ;)

Here are some moody photos of Owlshire on a frosty morn, and a walk we took down to the river last week. (Enting walked the whole way! Up and down hills! Rough woodland terrain!)

2C9A5F7B-C351-420A-AC32-AA4026484E56.thumb.jpeg.62fce2572b9a1d925a3a06b2702d0269.jpeg

6A5048E3-AA4E-4C42-AFBF-3D794B863F06.thumb.jpeg.195cf26f1dacab240d7fb9b71990a61d.jpeg

There were a variety of animal tracks in the pasture that had been made in the mud, and then frozen. These, I think are pheasant. There was also wild boar, possibly a fox, and others....

79E8C534-D332-4913-8D1B-80D9FD3B25E0.thumb.jpeg.e63ec042d0259cd682aebebda54d9a44.jpeg

The Entwife, being her glorious self. 

1492071C-ABAB-4C25-8713-6976BB979222.thumb.jpeg.e4abc2441dfb89a7ec503ed12c0be95d.jpeg

The apple tree in the garden.

And on our walk down to the river....

DABC4218-8ECE-4D2F-A0A9-DD941C1F585C.thumb.jpeg.4c3a6a6a8fb895d875cd45f584d1f7ea.jpeg

A6D0BA77-F3EB-47CC-995A-C5EE64626CFB.thumb.jpeg.0e9da9af1142dbe801d8db81fb7f01b6.jpeg

55B6CA77-94FC-4D2A-B4BE-268DF064B868.thumb.jpeg.8da79ac5b6b4ea7d236f2db6a7f9927f.jpeg

• Like 9

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

As always I love the pictures. The old gardener in me really wants you to do some good pruning on the apple tree so it will bear good fruit next summer/autumn. But I also know your dance card is fairly full already! If I were anywhere nearby I'd come out and help prune.

• Like 4

Healers Brigade

Current

Those pics are so beautiful I can barely stand it.

• Like 2

Those trees are amazing!

And a big huzzah for progressing life goals!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

As always I love the pictures. The old gardener in me really wants you to do some good pruning on the apple tree so it will bear good fruit next summer/autumn. But I also know your dance card is fairly full already! If I were anywhere nearby I'd come out and help prune.

There’s some mistletoe on the other side that needs trimming as well. But it bore hundreds of apples last year (if the rotten ones we had to clean off the ground after we bought it was any indication), so I think we’ll be okay XD

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I may get used to it eventually, but I still go “wow” sometimes when I’m out and about.  

7 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Those trees are amazing!

And a big huzzah for progressing life goals!

Thanks! As I said on a previous post, I hadn’t been actively seeking work, but I was open to this studio asking again. And it’s something for my CV I can hopefully expand on later if all goes well. I’m sort of “she who has many skills that don’t earn money” so it’s nice to have stumbled into something that does pay once and a while XD 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

On 1/9/2021 at 5:32 PM, Scaly Freak said:

It does, and I imagine that also adds an amount of stress and possibly anxiety to deal with in addition to what is already going on?

A bit of anxiety, but it took a few days to even find someone for this week so that was more anxiety inducing XD Hopefully it’ll be okay.

• Like 3

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

5 hours ago, Ann of Owlshire said:
13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I may get used to it eventually, but I still go “wow” sometimes when I’m out and about.  

I can’t even imagine getting used to that stunning beauty. 

I’m sorry I haven’t posted more. I know you’re going through a lot. I’ve been following along with email but my phone somehow is defaulted to “open a new private window in the non-default browser” from the email instead of opening a normal logged in email. I’ve tried to come here about ) times and get distracted upon login. 

I’m sorry to hear about the Enting’s night terrors. Last Wednesday was awful and now they’re planning similar things at state capitals. It’s a lot to take in altogether. 

In good news, Jessie found a guy who collects and preserves rare/old apple tree lines for us to acquire more orchard trees from. I’m going a little crazy with the site and also constantly loving the pics of Owlshire, which I would designate one of the most beautiful places on earth. 

Also, in case it hasn’t been said enough, Enting is still utterly adorable. 

I’m excited you found more work you can do. You have great skills and it’s weird to think about people not paying for them. Also, I get not having the mental bandwidth for a fictionalized account because it was killing me when tried doing it a couple of years ago!

• Like 3

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win