[Athenα] A Woman Who Conquers Herself is Greater

Athena

[...Than One Who Conquers a Thousand Men in Battle.] 

Spoiler

Disclaimer: I am not trying to become a novellist, just having some fun! Also, when to use which English verb tenses are difficult to me so I’m "just having some fun” in that regard as well. :’)

“Uh-oh”, Athena felt that familiar sensation when she would be transferred back to her old world. It’s a good thing she always had proper attire on when she is teleported because right now she was in her fluffy home outfit, with “SUPERTRASH” written across her chest. (Although, in this case, she could go either way. The advantage of being underestimated is a great one in battle and in daily conflicts alike.)

*vwoomp*

wH065a3.jpg

While taking in her new surroundings, she thought: "Ah, it was nice to be teleported to the shadowy part of where I am supposed to be for once.” Now, what do we have here. She felt her pockets for the mission note she got from whoever was responsible for her cross-world teleportations.

“Feed me information on the food habits of the residents of this manor.” The Writer, as she called her mysterious teleportation torturer, liked to put bad puns in her mission notes.
“Locate The Grey Mist’s minions and clean house.” The Writer also has a taste for specific blood that’s in line with my own. “Remember: do not cut corners. Use pen and paper."
“And keep your training up. As you know, I’ve been working on ways to transfer some of your current skills and attributes to your Other Self.” Yeah yeah, the Writer always makes these promises. But I guess it’s nice to read. 

Now, to make haste. I have a Cobra Kai binge to get back to.

Greetings, dear members of the Rebellion, friends old and new,

During the last challenge, I spent each day rekindling the fire within. It was no easy feat, but I was not alone. The embers started glowing, and I never stopped nurturing them. The Nothing and its henchmen will not get me so easily! (Great, now I need to read up on the Neverending story metaphores. I am not complaining.)

In this challenge, the days start to become longer again. The new year is upon us. And I have kept starting and stopping this year, so I need to keep things simple but effective. So, my challenge goals are as follows:

Write and follow a craving protocol (Part of Quest 1: Get back into my 2017 clothes (it’s a mind game))
I have been between 66 and 70 kg with my 159 cm/5"2' for about 2 years now. There are a few reasons why I want to go back to my old weight (59 kg):

-I want to wear my 2017 clothes again. I had just gotten lots of fun new things after looking for “my style” when I gained weight.
-It was a lot easier to just grab something from the wardrobe and like the way I looked (when those 59 kg were from workouts and not from sitting around and just eating to maintain that weight haha)
-I want to do bodyweight exercises that put pressure on my wrists and those were easier on them at 10 kg lighter haha

Spoiler

Like many, I love tasty food. I like it on my own, I like it with others. I eat when I feel bad, I eat when I’m tired (without thinking of WHAT I should eat at that moment), I eat when I’m happy, or whatever. I don’t get bored a lot, but I do procrastinate a lot, and grabbing a snack is an ideal way to do that. 

And that’s all fine and dandy, except: when I go: “Whatever! I don’t want to track, I don’t want to put restrictions on what I eat, meh!".  Moreover: pre-packaged low-nutrition tasty food, like chocolate and the like, are a lot easier to grab than snacks that do give me more value-per-bite. And sometimes, I just REALLY REALLY WANT chocolate, more than one bite. Or do I? That’s what we are going to find out during this challenge.

I want to start out by saying I am In past years I learnt how to separate watching series/films from snacking, which is a big win. Since I usually watch in the evening, while gut rest is important for my energy levels. (A minimum of 13 hour “fast” does the trick, but that means I need to be done with eating at 18:00 if I want to eat at 7:00 the next day.) Go me. 

I have also made the decision to NOT look at the scale in 2021. It just does very very little to me, tracking is such a chore because I don't trust it when I only step on it once, or worst case scenario on bad days it makes me feel meh when the number is higher than last time.

However, just IMPOSING a diet or so on myself has always made me rebel against myself, so that won't be the way to go about it. I need to find other ways.

I’m going to n=1 experiment (and write about my findings) what happens when I (1) get a craving, and instead of grabbing something to eat (2) I drink a glass of water and (3) go do something else. 

If it’s because of feeling tired, I am going to grab a piece of bread, salt it, eat it and wait half an hour and see if I feel better. Alternatively, I can drink salty ayran (yoghurt drink), which also doubles as probiotics haha. It finally dawned upon me that I have genetically low blood pressure - like my mom - and this is common advice given. Not to eat something sweet but something salty. 

Keep having a fatty fish day and work calcium + iron into my snacks/meals (Part of Quest 2: Learn how to fuel my body)
My whys: I want to have fun, and support others. There are enough things that happen every day that eat away at my energy, INCLUDING making food choices that are good for me. I can’t do all that running on the wrong fuel. Third: I am grateful for this body that has been taking me from A to B for 26 years now, and allowing me to be nerdy in most ways that I want to, and I want to take care of it. 

I need to keep trying to eat fatty fish one day a week. Also, low iron and low calcium always come up in my blood works when I get myself tested (provisionally). High iron and high calcium snacks/meals need to be on my mind. I also need to read about iron & calcium absorption. I kind of wanted to do the 28 day reset by Blogilates to see where my sensitivities lie, but I’m going to be real with myself. That won’t be happening with NY left-overs and so on. Maybe next challenge.

This goal will be tracked as follows: 

* Reflection. Ask myself during the end-of-the-week reviews: have I eaten fatty fish? Am I consciously eating high iron & high calcium foods? How are my energy levels?

Spoiler

Dairy is an obvious one for calcium. Non-dairy calcium foods:
* Fish where you eat the bones – such as sardines and pilchards / Canned sardines. Check the label to be sure they're canned in oil, bones included. 
* Fortified soy, almond and rice milk.
* Fortified orange juice. Check the label; not all orange juice is fortified with calcium.
* Tofu made with calcium sulfate.
* Canned pink salmon with bones.
* Fortified cereals and English muffins. Check the label; many popular ready-to-eat breakfast cereals and English muffins come with a healthy dose of added calcium.
* Greens. Turnip and collard greens and kale all pack a calcium-rich punch.
* Beans. Garbanzo, kidney, navy and even canned baked beans provide calcium; boiled green soybeans are another good option.
* Canned shrimp.
* Veggies like cooked broccoli, Chinese cabbage, edamame and acorn squash.
* Papaya, dried figs and oranges.
 * Beans
* Dry-roasted almonds
* green leafy vegetables – such as curly kale, okra and spinach

Disclaimer: Taking high doses of calcium (more than 1,500mg a day) could lead to stomach pain and diarrhoea.

Source: WebMD, Osteoporosis.ca, NHS

Iron foods:

* liver (but avoid this during pregnancy)
* red meat
* beans, such as red kidney beans, edamame beans and chickpeas
* nuts
* dried fruit – such as dried apricots
* fortified breakfast cereals
* soy bean flour

Very good sources of heme iron, with 3.5 milligrams or more per serving, include:
3 ounces of beef or chicken liver
3 ounces of mussels
3 ounces of oysters

Good sources of heme iron, with 2.1 milligrams or more per serving, include:
3 ounces of cooked beef
3 ounces of canned sardines, canned in oil

Other sources of heme iron, with 0.6 milligrams or more per serving, include:
3 ounces of chicken
3 ounces of cooked turkey
3 ounces of ham
3 ounces of veal

Other sources of heme iron, with 0.3 milligrams or more per serving, include:
3 ounces of haddock, perch, salmon, or tuna
Iron in plant foods such as lentils, beans, and spinach is nonheme iron. This is the form of iron added to iron-enriched and iron-fortified foods. Our bodies are less efficient at absorbing nonheme iron, but most dietary iron is nonheme iron.

Very high doses of iron can be fatal, particularly if taken by children, so always keep iron supplements out of the reach of children.

When eating non-animal goods for iron, eat with vitamin C rich foods.

Side effects of taking high doses (over 20mg) of iron include:
* constipation
* feeling sick
* being sick
* stomach pain

Source: NHS and NF forum

Keep on doing stretches 5x / week, add mobility 2x / week (Quest 3: Become bullet proof…/ Mobility train habit feet, wrists and shoulders. Also helps with one of my locked quests: getting into handstand)
My whys: I want to feel good and do fun things. Also, it is statistically likely that I am going to get old & I want to be a bad ass granny. 

For example:
* Benchmark stretches on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday,
* Mobility training on Wednesday and Friday

Stuff that I do not write up as a goal but that I will write about (probably):
  • Minichallenge (perhaps as warmups to my stretches)
  • Thesis quest
  • Potential job/job hunting for during last legs of my master studies (part time) and/or for when I graduate (full-time).
  • Meditation in all sorts of forms (usually sitting or walking or during stretches)
  • Breathing
  • Walking
  • Gratitude
  • Grounding myself
  • My sleep quality 
  • Heart rate
  • Philophising about all sorts of things
  • Like 11
  • That's Metal 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

Challenge template:

Spoiler

Week 

Sunday

Cravings reflection:

Does the protocol work?

Did I stretch/mobility train?

Nutrition reflection question: What will I have for breakfast? What iron rich & calcium rich thing am I going to eat tomorrow?

Daily Dare?

Monday

Cravings reflection:

Does the protocol work?

Nutrition reflection question:

Daily Dare?

Tuesday

Cravings reflection:

Does the protocol work?

Daily Dare?

Wednesday

Cravings reflection:

Does the protocol work?

Daily Dare?

Thursday

Cravings reflection:

Does the protocol work?

Daily Dare?

Friday

Cravings reflection:

Does the protocol work?

Daily Dare?

Saturday 

Cravings reflection:

Does the protocol work?

End-of-the-week nutrition reflection:

Daily Dare?

Week 0 (for goal tweaking, although I'll be tweaking my goals all challenge long ) :

Spoiler

Sunday

Monday

Cravings reflection:

I had slept well, and wasn't trying to work but for 2 hours today, so I that helped that I only had cravings 4 times today.

2 out of 4 I drank water and didn't snack, and it did not bother me after.

1 time was right before lunch, so I had a mars and a bite-sized chocolate santa clause.  

1 time I drank water and ate half a paprika & I was good after as well (which kinda counts as not-snacking 'cause I need to eat more veggies anyway, but would put me out of a fasted state if I was attempting IF so that's why I mention it.)

Does the protocol work?  It's a good start.

Did I stretch/mobility train? Stretches. And morning warmup-to-wakeup exercises.

What will I have for breakfast? What iron rich & calcium rich thing am I going to eat tomorrow?

Today at the end of the day I did think of this. I grabbed a hand of pecan nuts and a glass of milk. (Pecan) nuts might not be the best choice for iron (28 grams/one serving for 0.7 mg according to this website , about the same for walnuts ) but I just need to get started.

Tomorrow I will probably be having waffles for breakfast, but as a topping I'm going to try and go for fruit instead of chocolade paste. And for ease, I'm going to reach for the pecan nuts  and milk. 

Tuesday

Cravings reflection:

So, three cravings:

Once right before lunch, and twice right after. I gave in twice (two pieces of chocolate and a bowl of Italian stracciatella ice cream), without initiating the protocol, the third time I did initiate it (and put away the bowl that was with pieces of chocolate put on the table, dammit).

I think it bares mentioning that I supplemented with a (portioned) bag of Doritos bits to my bean soup when there were not enough soup croutons.

In the evening I had hot chocolate with a stroopwafel, but that was to honour an age out Hogwatch tradition. 🌅

Does the protocol work? It did, when I actually initiated it. :D 

Did I stretch/mobility train?  Yes! Today is another stretching day, splits. Forward and sideways. These and the shoulder ones were the most annoying for me to do, yet this go-around, I don't find them as annoying because I read the pointers each and every time I did them last go around, so they take less time :) And I actually do mini-warmups. Yay. 

Nutrition reflection question: No fatty fish today, 

One glass of cold milk , one cup of hot chocolate with regular milk too,

Grabbed about 15 pecan nut halves to snack on while writing this.

This morning I ate couscous with feta for breakfast, which wasn't the waffels and fruits I had in mind but still fine. I remember, when I tracked with MFP, it was usually the snacks (and when I had alcohol, the drinks) that I went overboard with.

Tomorrow: I already can predict what's going to happen... I'm just going to keep going for the pecan nuts and milk until I get tired of them... :D For breakfast, probably couscous with feta again, maybe with a veggie...

Daily Dare? Yes.

Wednesday 

Cravings reflection: ON HOLD (Grandparents' 51st anniversary, and in honour of my grandparents love for cooking and food, I shan't think about this today.)

Does the protocol work?

Did I stretch/mobility train? Both stretch AND mobility train 😎

Nutrition reflection question: The fish will likely happen on Friday, probably. Or Saturday, when I can share the fish love with my partner instead of getting weird looks from everyone else at home hahaha)

Today I snacked whatever I fancied, although one craving was met with the milk and pecan nuts. :) Also, I was very kindly reminded this week I am allowed ALL the oliebollen & also that zero week is where we procrastinate and do whatever we like :D 

Tomorrow for breakfast will be... Oliebollen and hot chocolate... and a piece of fruit, probably :)

Daily Dare? Yes.

Thursday

Cravings reflection: ON HOLD   (New year's eve)

Does the protocol work?

Did I stretch/mobility train? No. My sis stayed up until midnight and it was way too fun spending time with everyone at home & online so I kind of... Ignored it. :) 

Nutrition reflection question: I was pretty full from all the eating these days so I did not go ALL out with snacks like I thought I would, but I still had some sweets. I am writing this reflection on Friday, I did not have breakfast since again, I ate quite a lot at dinner and drinks and all that yesterday. At 12:20 PM I had a banana. I had a Milka capuccino. We'll see how it goes between now and dinner and after dinner. I think I'll unHOLD the cravings protocol because today might be an easy win.

Daily Dare? No. 

Friday

Cravings reflection: ON HOLD 

Does the protocol work? 

Did I stretch/mobility train? No... I had laid out the yoga mat and everything but I procrastinated for an hour and then it was bed time.

Daily Dare? Yes!

Saturday 

Cravings reflection: I had 4 chocolates before I decided it was time to drink my glass of milk for the day with milka capuccino.

Does the protocol work? Yes, when I initiated it.

Did I stretch/mobility train? Yes, everything hurt though :D 

End-of-the-week nutrition reflection: x

Nutrition reflection question: x

Daily Dare? No. 

Notes: I also set my light alarm for 7 AM so I have SOME form of "sunrise", should I want to wake up around that time...

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

• Like 2

Battle log

It's not just the embers glowing, but that whole challenge intro is on fire!  You've really upped your goals/reflection game this time around for 2021.

• Thanks 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

16 hours ago, Athenα said:
During the last challenge, I spent each day rekindling the fire within. It was no easy feat, but I was not alone. The embers started glowing, and I never stopped nurturing them. The Nothing and its henchmen will not get me so easily! 

Gmork by lynx318 on DeviantArt

You have nothing to fear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

Hey hey! Following to see you rock this!

• Thanks 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I see sardines in your future ;)

I love love love smoked kippers, sardines, mussels, and oysters as supplemental protein snacks!

• Like 1

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 12/28/2020 at 10:23 AM, Harriet said:

Hiiii. I'm glad the embers are glowing again and I think a cravings protocol sounds like a very interesting task. Good luck!

It's proving to be interesting already these first days. I need to take my measurements on the 1st and see how it all goes. :)

On 12/28/2020 at 9:17 PM, Mad Hatter said:

I'm very excited about your handstand journey! It's going to be fun. 🙂

Thanks! I can't forget how excited I was when I climbed up the wall into a sort-of L-handstand :D

On 12/28/2020 at 7:22 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

wow, very detailed and well build challenge! Here for it!!!!!!! :)

16 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Hey hey! Following to see you rock this!

Thank you both 😍

21 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

It's not just the embers glowing, but that whole challenge intro is on fire!  You've really upped your goals/reflection game this time around for 2021.

Thanks ^_^

I'm all about reflection, I just really did not know what to do with it until recently. Looking forward to walking with fit-purpose! 

Okay okay, admittedly, I never before mapped out my path as well as I did this year around. Alriiiight, my goals/reflection game is upped, you are right.

Inside I'm still a little... "Okay but why can't I just stop trying, please." to which a different part of me says: "Ummm, nobody is making you, you want this." And there's a lot of huffing and puffing :D 

But I'm riding the waves of the more doer-people around me & I feel ready to start attempting to be more awesome as well again. :) Let's do this!

19 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

You have nothing to fear.

Spoiler

Atreyu : I will not die easily. I am a warrior!

G'mork : Ha! Brave warrior, then fight the Nothing.

Atreyu : But I can't! I can't get beyond the boundaries of Fantasia!

[G'mork laughs and Atreyu gets a little angry] 

Atreyu : What's so funny about that?

G'mork : Fantasia has no boundaries.

[laughs] 

Atreyu : That's not true! You're lying.

G'mork : Foolish boy. Don't you know anything about Fantasia? It's the world of human fantasy. Every part, every creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind. Therefore, it has no boundaries.

Atreyu : But why is Fantasia dying, then?

G'mork : Because people have begun to lose their hopes and forget their dreams. So the Nothing grows stronger.

Atreyu : What is the Nothing?

G'mork : It's the emptiness that's left. It's like a despair, destroying this world. And I have been trying to help it.

Atreyu : But why?

G'mork : Because people who have no hopes are easy to control; and whoever has the control... has the power!

neverending story page GIF

neverending story work GIF

1 hour ago, Waanie said:

Have you ever tried tea instead of snacking? It has a different mouth-feel than water, and it has a little more taste. I also replaced my "mindless snacking" with "mindlessly drinking tea", which has no calories and  hydrates very well :)

Welcome :)

I am one of those weird people who find that water, in fact, does have taste :D 

I have been drinking more tea this past year. Love ittt.

It's such a hassle to make though. When I'm meh. And when I'm in one of my weird scatterbrained phases, it's actually dangerous :D Which means... Of course... The answer is more mindfulness lol

58 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

I see sardines in your future ;)

23 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I love love love smoked kippers, sardines, mussels, and oysters as supplemental protein snacks!

Hehe :) I'm working up to the sardines! I have a canned one waiting for me in the cupboard. (I usually go for canned tuna, and more recently canned salmon, which was SO super tasty.)

Thanks for the additional recommendations, Rurik. Do you prepare them? I kind of have to avoid cooking fish in the house :') 

• Like 2

Battle log

4 minutes ago, MezzotheLefty said:

Hi! Newbie and fellow druid following!

PS.I'm also eagerly awaiting Cobra Kai season 3! 😁

Welcome! To the Rebellion and the challenges and to the Druids and to my thread ... Exciting times!

tea GIF

Yeah, Cobra Kai is the first series I've LITERALLY binged in ages. Whew. I really needed that Karate Kid perseverance brainwashing...

• Like 2

Battle log

2 hours ago, Athenα said:

Inside I'm still a little... "Okay but why can't I just stop trying, please." to which a different part of me says: "Ummm, nobody is making you, you want this." And there's a lot of huffing and puffing :D 

But I'm riding the waves of the more doer-people around me & I feel ready to start attempting to be more awesome as well again. :) Let's do this!

I huff'n'puff at myself every single day 🤣

2 hours ago, Athenα said:

Thanks for the additional recommendations, Rurik. Do you prepare them? I kind of have to avoid cooking fish in the house :') 

If it's tuna or salmon, usually mustard with some kind of dry seasoning - today was canned tuna, sweet & spicy mustard and Garlic + seasoning.

When it's mussels or oysters or sardines, I'll go with a flavor I know I liked.  Oysters are ideally smoked, sardines can come in mustard or hot sauce or tomato paste,etc.  Golden Smoked kippers are a particular favorite of mine!  But honestly any canned fish is probably fine with just salt & pepper if you aren't someone who is turned off by fishy taste in general, but why stop there?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I huff'n'puff at myself every single day 🤣

😂  AHA! 

By the way, it has come to my attention that my recent username change does not help with allowing others to tag me AT ALL, like I thought it would.

Is this true?
If so, I'm going to attempt different usernames without non-latin letters :) 

• That's Metal 1

Battle log

13 minutes ago, Athenα said:

By the way, it has come to my attention that my recent username change does not help with allowing others to tag me AT ALL, like I thought it would.

Is this true?

Well... not to be blunt or anything, but when you put a Greek letter in your username you make it impossible for people without Greek letters in their keyboard layout to tag you. And that is everyone who doesn't own a keyboard made for the Greek alphabet. That's less than 1% of the entire internet population.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

6 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

Well... not to be blunt or anything, but when you put a Greek letter in your username you make it impossible for people without Greek letters in their keyboard layout to tag you. And that is everyone who doesn't own a keyboard made for the Greek alphabet. That's less than 1% of the entire internet population.

No, I don't consider that blunt :D I never tagged anyone before people mentioned they could not tag me, and I wanted to try out why that's more handy than quoting sometimes. So I did not consider it at all. Now I get it!

When it's in the back of my username, as well? When I start writing [at] Scal... It shows a dropdown menu and I can click on your username?

(And if I just write out your username [at]Scaly Freak without clicking on it, it does not tag you at all.)

PS – I do not have a Greek keyboard either, I have simply studied Ancient Greek so I figured: Athena is taken, but I can cheat :D )

Battle log

32 minutes ago, Athenα said:

When it's in the back of my username, as well? When I start writing [at] Scal... It shows a dropdown menu and I can click on your username?

When I do that, your username is not displayed. "Athena" is in the list, but not the one with the Greek alpha instead of the a at the end. I'm guessing the forum software can't do non-Latin characters.

• Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Alright. I'll go back to the drawing board, then. :) The font difference was bothering me anyway. (When I write, I don't make a difference in the size of the "belly" of the Greek small alpha and the latin small a!)

EDIT: I am going to see if it's possible to go for a simple number addition, I can't be bothered to name-brainstorm anymore this year :D

EDIT1: I had already checked this when I used the theta & the alpha, but I'm double checking to see if Athena has become active, and she has still been inactive since 2013 so it should not cause any confusion :)

Battle log

2 hours ago, Waanie said:

Have you ever tried tea instead of snacking? It has a different mouth-feel than water, and it has a little more taste.

Please don't lie to the girl. ;)

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

SMOKED OYSTERS. And kippers, but mostly oysters.

1 hour ago, Athenα said:

The smoked ones are cooked, you just slam them on a cracker or piece of bread.

Also, if you have to avoid cooking fish, try ceviche.

17 minutes ago, Athenα said:

EDIT: I am going to see if it's possible to go for a simple number addition, I can't be bothered to name-brainstorm anymore this year :D

Athene is another common translation. Or translate the sounds out of Greek differently. Athyna. The names of Athena, like Pallas Athena, Athena Promachos. But friends do not let friends add numbers to usernames.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

So, this morning I have been giving in to all of the things:

*2 minicookies

*some waffers

*my sis made puppy eyes at me to eat chips and watch Puppy Dog Pals with her and the first "no" was kind of pro forma anyway. 

I am also eating mandarines and drinking water, though. But when the challenge week 1 starts, I really need to start standing up for myself :D

20 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Please don't lie to the girl. ;)

😂

Update: Also ate a bar of chocolate,

I think it was really the jitters of sitting down to do work again for the second time in 2 weeks, so I grabbed a glass of milk & my pecan nuts early, 

Now I am slurping on teh H2O

Update2: I also had a pastry (oliebol), it's my grandparents' 51st anniversary so I will use that as an excuse :) I am an adult, after all! 

Update3: Kinder chocolate, also puppy eyed by sister :D Idk what this is about, she used to hoard all her candy! Like a dragon!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Battle log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines