[Athenα] A Woman Who Conquers Herself is Greater

Weekly review week 3

Nutrition

• I ate fish yesterday, very tasty.
  • I'm not sure how much iron or calcium I got from my food the last 2 weeks, but I took my vitamines almost every day and I generally feel very good. Except for the last few days where I have been getting mildly dehydrated but that simply reminds me to drink water/eat another veggie or so.
  • Which brings me to my evaluation of the 2-week diet my mom and I did. It pretty much fullfills the nutritional criteria of the 28 day reset from Blogilates:

Omit:

1. Dairy
  2. Gluten
  3. Added Sugar
  4. Processed Food
  5. Alcohol

Except on one day you do get a cup of yoghurt.

Moreover, I have been having just a biiit of milk with some of my coffee or tea. (No sugar though. Once some honey.)

I also did not eat breakfast except for one day a week you get some crackers, and you are always allowed to eat fruit that is low-sugar, like pomelo or a sour apple or so. So I did that often with lots of (black) tea.

Oh and I think once both weeks I also snacked on the crusts of a slice of toasted bread. 

I feel very, very good like I described in another post, although it's a bit difficult to tide myself over until lunch. So I want to do the reset, the nutritional part at least. Idk about the exercise part.

So I'll basically continue what I am doing now, except I will add back breakfasts again. Like a sour apple again, or pomelo, or carrots (filled me up quite well when that was for breakfast on Saturdays) or something.

Also, I think nuts shall be added back to my diet. Probably between breakfast and lunch.

Part of me wants to add yoghurt back right away as breakfast options, but since I had those reactions to milk in the past few months, I kind of want to wait it out and see how my body reacts after 4 weeks with barely any dairy.

What I really want to continue with is the cravings mindfulness + spill over effect.

EDIT: Finally final on the yoghurt, I am adding it in anyway. No 28-day reset as the rules go. I had no problem with yoghurt. Also not with white cheese. Only with milk, really. But I am going to try holding of on regular cheesy cheese because I might oversnack on it after such a strict regimen as the last 2 weeks.

Movement

I really, really liked the walk the other day. 

It was also very fun to do a Blogilates video spontaneously.

Moreover,  having to do my fysio exercises twice a day since Tuesday has me going *meh* at any other stretchy stuff, even the mobility training. I am really interested in what this fysio does for me, so I'll need my will power points for fitness for the ENTIRELY NEW food habits + the fysio exercises. (And the non-fitness will power points for, like, getting a move on with my thesis stuff and starting with the new course period and the new job, and family stuff and hopefully getting a household stuff routine back AND AND AND...)

Whatever the reasons are for this thought process, I'm rolling with it. 

In conclusion, my new challenge goals are:

• Adapt "diet" days to include breakfasts + a handful of nuts
  • Journal on cravings, and practice mindfulness
  • Get a walk in 5 days a week
  • Do new fysio exercises + old fysio exercises every day
  • Pick up Daily Dares again

Maybe:

Read Blogilates 90 day challenge blog posts

Check out Blogilates 90 day challenge workout calendar

Fun thing: trying out the Alastair style weekly planning for planning my regular todos for next week, sorted in categories of my "roles" like Covey recommends doing.

New weekly template:

Spoiler

Week 4

Monday

Nutrtional reflection:

Adapted "diet" days to include breakfasts + a handful of nuts?

Iron?

Calcium?

Nutritional planning: 

Walked?

Original fysio exercises?

New fysio exercises twice today?

Daily Dare?

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

• Like 3

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: A Woman Who Conquers Herself is Greater | 
Battle log

Week 4

Monday

Nutrtional reflection:

Adapted "diet" days to include breakfasts + a handful of nuts + yoghurt/white cheese?

Iron?

Calcium?

Nutritional planning: 

Walked?

Daily Dare?

Tuesday

Nutrtional reflection:

Adapted "diet" days to include breakfasts + a handful of nuts + yoghurt/white cheese? Yes, yes, no

Took vitamines, too.

Nutritional planning: I wrote a meal plan on Sunday for Monday I still haven't executed, sooo, there is always that.

Walked? Yes

Original fysio exercises? No

New fysio exercises twice today? Yes

Daily Dare? Yes

Wednesday

Nutrtional reflection:

Adapted "diet" days to include breakfasts + a handful of nuts + yoghurt/white cheese?

Iron?

Calcium?

Nutritional planning: 

Walked?

Daily Dare?

Thursday

Nutrtional reflection:

Iron?

Calcium?

Nutritional planning: 

Walked?

Daily Dare?

Friday

Nutrtional reflection:

Iron?

Calcium?

Nutritional planning: 

Walked?

Daily Dare?

Saturday

Nutrtional reflection:

Iron?

Calcium?

Nutritional planning: 

Walked?

Daily Dare?

Sunday

Nutrtional reflection:

Iron?

Calcium?

Nutritional planning: 

Walked?

Daily Dare?

Battle log

32 minutes ago, Athena said:

Fun thing: trying out the Alastair style weekly planning for planning my regular todos for next week, sorted in categories of my "roles" like Covey recommends doing.

And this was very much super fun, especially with how my energy levels has been rising and my resistence to stuff seems to be subsiding...

BUT I really need to not have the simple task gathering and planning of my week to take 2 hours... 

The whole point of trying this new method was to see if it reduces the amount of time I spend on planning.

Granted, I did do some chatting with fellow comission people + filled in a pretty long form (also bc I wrote a bunch in the commentart fields) about my complaints to the fysio.

So Idk how much the planning itself took actually 🤔

So maybe I should still give it a chance.

Another thing... DAMN I have written down so many tasks and the course period + job have not even begun. I need to see if I can *budget* my time better. I already shaved off some tasks for "another day" like calculating the stats for my irl rpg char, though I doubt Ill forget that ever & so if I need leisure time and have more capacity than for reading, I will do that or work on my bard/experiment with making a rogue char to see what I can think up :)

But I am sure I can shave off some more. 

Then again, some tasks take maybe 15 mins while others are double or more. That's difficult to Show in a task list... Probs need to budget time in my daily list...

There are always 24 hours a day but my energy resources are not always the same sooo. But maybe some of those tasks also *give* me energy, if not the same day maybe the next day. Have to see how it all goes. And, keep breathing.

• Like 3

Battle log

Okay, for lunch mom and I gave ourselves a pass to finish the left-over fries and nuggets from yesterday we could not finish. I also finished the glass of ice cream I could not finish.

Although it's nice to know something we would have usually eaten in one glorious meal had to be separated in 2 meals after the last 2 weeks :)

(N.B. we do not have a work-out schedule.)

• Like 2

Battle log

Half an hour ago, I started the process of deciding if I will participate in the courses Medical Liability & a course about how companies can fullfill their societal role/societal expectations which I registered for out of sheer interest.

I dropped the course Medical Liability - well, I emailed and will deregister when that is possible. I don't think I want to do that alongside the last course I have for one of two master's & starting my first legal job. Also given the fact I am looking at the notarial course of career, I probably won't need to know that type of material deeply and I feel like it's time to stop trying to cram bits of EVERYTHING (legal) into my brain, however interesting. I have other learning goals in mind for this point in life/career.

The theories about  how companies can adhere to the stakeholder model ... Is also very interesting and more in line with some of my learning goals but I think I will just copy/paste the literature list in my to-read list and postpone learning about all the theories for now. Although I heard from fellow students a couple of years ago it's exactly that, lots of theories and philosophising, and those type of courses tend to come easily to me (shocker!) But no.

There we go. I'mma go write the email now... And download anything if it is posted in the student portal. 

• Like 5

Battle log

Ahh meditation was a bit weird. It would be good if I could go to bed on time because otherwise I don't wake up. Hopefully work and the course will provide some external incentive.

• Like 1

Battle log

On 1/24/2021 at 11:07 PM, Athena said:

And this was very much super fun, especially with how my energy levels has been rising and my resistence to stuff seems to be subsiding...

BUT I really need to not have the simple task gathering and planning of my week to take 2 hours... 

The whole point of trying this new method was to see if it reduces the amount of time I spend on planning.

Granted, I did do some chatting with fellow comission people + filled in a pretty long form (also bc I wrote a bunch in the commentart fields) about my complaints to the fysio.

So Idk how much the planning itself took actually 🤔

So maybe I should still give it a chance.

Another thing... DAMN I have written down so many tasks and the course period + job have not even begun. I need to see if I can *budget* my time better. I already shaved off some tasks for "another day" like calculating the stats for my irl rpg char, though I doubt Ill forget that ever & so if I need leisure time and have more capacity than for reading, I will do that or work on my bard/experiment with making a rogue char to see what I can think up :)

But I am sure I can shave off some more. 

Then again, some tasks take maybe 15 mins while others are double or more. That's difficult to Show in a task list... Probs need to budget time in my daily list...

There are always 24 hours a day but my energy resources are not always the same sooo. But maybe some of those tasks also *give* me energy, if not the same day maybe the next day. Have to see how it all goes. And, keep breathing.

absolutely same here.... .;)

• Like 1

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

19 hours ago, Athena said:

Half an hour ago, I started the process of deciding if I will participate in the courses Medical Liability & a course about how companies can fullfill their societal role/societal expectations which I registered for out of sheer interest.

I dropped the course Medical Liability - well, I emailed and will deregister when that is possible. I don't think I want to do that alongside the last course I have for one of two master's & starting my first legal job. Also given the fact I am looking at the notarial course of career, I probably won't need to know that type of material deeply and I feel like it's time to stop trying to cram bits of EVERYTHING (legal) into my brain, however interesting. I have other learning goals in mind for this point in life/career.

The theories about  how companies can adhere to the stakeholder model ... Is also very interesting and more in line with some of my learning goals but I think I will just copy/paste the literature list in my to-read list and postpone learning about all the theories for now. Although I heard from fellow students a couple of years ago it's exactly that, lots of theories and philosophising, and those type of courses tend to come easily to me (shocker!) But no.

There we go. I'mma go write the email now... And download anything if it is posted in the student portal. 

Ohhhh, medical liability sounds interesting! But obviously if you don't need it you don't need it. The information will be there if you ever do have to look it up, I suppose.

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Sounds like you are doing  a great job on prioritizing and figuring out how to focus on your goals

• Thanks 1

Wisdom- 13.5 Dexterity- 10 Charisma- 11 Strength- 12 Constitution-10 

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"The chief goal of living is not to merely stay alive" Mike Rowe

Time is an illusion. One day, today will just be forgotten. 

Since 17:00 I keep falling in this thought trap of "Predicting the future". I almost started thinking I am hopeless. Nope, thought trap. Realised that in a very hot shower, that was nice. I really hope there is a bath in my future. 

One-thirds the way through the Daily Dare, I'll go dress in my pyjamas and do the other 2/3ds.

I had a short walk for chores but it counts. I think I did the fysio exercises twice today. Kept doing random ones about 4 times today. So it must be true.

My meals today were as follows:

• 100g yoghurt with cinnamon
  • About 1 paprika (I pre-cut paprikas yesterday and had differently colored pieces)
  • A handful of walnuts
  • Half of a batch of banana pancakes: 2 overripe banana, about a cup of (coincedentally gluten-free) oats and 4 eggs with a pinch of salt, in coconut oil. Some topped with 2 squirts of caramel syrup, the rest not.
  • The other half of the batch without caramel syrup, with a handful of frozen blueberries
  • ONE (1) chocolate sprinkle my sis offered me :D and a mint
  • A salty dough stick (oops)
  • LOTS OF cooked veggies with herby (part of the box) butter, a steak, all of these things topped with some shredded cheese (my mom was very convincing, but I chose to have cheese on my own. Could have removed it from the food.)
  • Lots of teaaaa, not a meal but I am proud of myself for finally becoming a tea drinker like I always have wanted to.

Overall, I am happy. I am also happy I remember it all, enjoyed it all, and only ate during meal times.

So, left to do:

• PJs
  • Rest of daily dare
  • Get ready for bed
  • Nothing else on to-dolist is truly urgent/quadrant 2 I have energy for and I want to get to bed on time

EDIT: btw, Fysio really recommends I start a strength training routine, particularly for the upper body, next to my mobilty exercises. 😄 If only I could just snap my fingers and be someone that does mobility/flexibilty, strength and endurance as needed 😁 I'll try again if that works next challenge. For now, one step at a timeee.

When I want push ups I will do wall or table pushups. And go for more reps. No regular ones for me for now.

• Like 1

Battle log

15 minutes ago, Athena said:

Time is an illusion. One day, today will just be forgotten. 

I've already forgotten. :D 

15 minutes ago, Athena said:

Since 17:00 I keep falling in this thought trap of "Predicting the future". I almost started thinking I am hopeless. Nope, thought trap. Realised that in a very hot shower, that was nice. I really hope there is a bath in my future. 

Is that +1 DEX for evading the trap? Or WIS? Or both? Either way, well done for not falling in.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I've already forgotten. :D 

I did pretty quickly too, ;D

Hehe,  I managed to go from 11 AM about to 4 PM with lots of moments without being pulled any which way. by my sis, and some home alone time, and only read about 3 pages from my old insolvency law lecture notes. Some other things though, and an alright lunch:

• 2 slices of toasted bread with about 70g of filet americain
  • Almost one paprika
  • 2 hand fulls of grapes
  • TEA

Battle log

Today is: Wednesday

Ta-daaa, for dinner I ate left-over cooked veggies filling over half of my plate like a hill, left-over steak-and-a-half topped with cheese, and a fresh cucumber.

It was tasty. I did not feel the need for dessert, even. This nourishing myself well thing does not have to be complicated. 

Some thoughts:

• All the passages in  Pratchett's Mort & Wyrd Sisters about time and destiny and whatnot are helping me deal with my self-imposed (energy costly, unhelpful, leading to more procrastination) pressure to be productive and "not lose time"? Very interesting. (I started in Guard! Guard! yesterday.) They are a lot more helpful to me than "shit happens" ever was, and slightly more helpful than my mantra "tomorrow is another day" on evenings that I am beating myself up. (It's a spectrum.)
    • Time is wibbly-wobbly. basically.
    • That pressure must not be confused with a sense of urgency, which is necessary to be cultivated every so often bc I tend to do things suuuper slow when I am trying to simultaneously Do Stuff and get a grip on ALL THE WOOSHING THOUGHTS in my brain. Mindfulness + sense of urgency is needed in those instances.
  • I had about 2h worth of concentrated thesis work time after I wrote my last post, wohoo. Got lots closer to a thesis proposal thing in that time after a talk with mom that I am over-preparing before putting pen to paper again. Woot!
  • Like 1

Battle log