RhiaWolfe Gets Serious

RhiaWolfe

Week 1: 1/7/2021 Update

giphy.gif

Last night sucked. I was tired from a long day at work and I had planned on going home, watching some anime, and just relaxing and decompressing. I stopped at a gas station and then when I went to leave my car wouldn't start. Soon the ignition wouldn't even turn over. I called my husband and he came to get me and look at my car. We spent about an hour and a half changing out the battery and then the car still wouldn't start. We went and got me some fast food to eat while we figured out the car stuff. We called roadside assistance to have my car towed to a nearby mechanic shop. The ETA was listed as about 9:00pm. The tow truck didn't get my car until almost 11:30pm! I didn't get to bed until after midnight and I had to be at work this morning at 7:00am. Today I'm tired and cranky. I was supposed to go see friends tonight. That's probably not going to happen... which sucks because it's the last chance I'll have to see one of my friends before she moves to another state. 

Today I'm feeling very unmotivated. All I want to do is sleep. Today, I'm hoping to do at least the bare minimum of my challenge. If I do that I'll be happy. 

This morning I just stopped by McDonald's on the way to work for breakfast. Just didn't really care. I'm sure I'll feel better once I get some decent sleep. I would have taken the day off today, but my company is cutting back on the amount of benefit time we get (business isn't doing so well) so I need to save my benefit time as much as possible. 

Challenge Details 1/6/2021: 

Drink at least 48 oz water each day - 3/7 Success!!!!

I drank 48 oz while at work. I ended up drinking mostly soda in the evening because that's what came with my dinner.  

Screenshot_20210107-074722_Fitbit.jpg.d5be4a8b94359374c053627ff5558dc0.jpg

Take a 5 minute walk each day - 3/7 Success!!!

Got in a 15 minute walk on my morning break. 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 261 lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Returns (Zelda Memes Wanted)

Previous Challenges: 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Good Reads

I'm still keeping my like reaction because you still hit all of your goals yesterday!

It really sucks about your car and the lack of sleep. Being nice to yourself with an easy breakfast makes sense. It sounds like today your water goal might be harder (if you turn to soda for a pep when you are sleepy). I know you can still hit your goals today! ❤️ 

37 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I'm still keeping my like reaction because you still hit all of your goals yesterday!

It really sucks about your car and the lack of sleep. Being nice to yourself with an easy breakfast makes sense. It sounds like today your water goal might be harder (if you turn to soda for a pep when you are sleepy). I know you can still hit your goals today! ❤️ 

Thanks Sylvaa. It's definitely going to be harder, but I'm going to try. 

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

Good Reads

I'm sorry, that is awful! Give yourself some grace today (but keep drinking water, because it will help you feel better!). 

Remember, bare minimum on the days that are hard. You can think of your other ideals tomorrow when you're well rested. 

Life happens! And it's totally okay to take a beat. But I KNOW that you don't want this to be the thing that derails what you've started here. 

A good night's rest will make all the difference. 

Hugs!

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Week 1: 1/8/2021 Update

Today I'm doing much better than yesterday. I'm not quite back to where I was, but I at least got some sleep. 

My car is still not repaired. They were supposed to have it done yesterday, but they were sent the wrong starter (the starter is the problem). So they had to wait for another one. They told me it _should_ be done today. So far, I'm not impressed with this mechanic. They didn't even call me to tell me it would be delayed. I had to call them to find out. It also turns out that this is going to be a $400 repair. Ugh. Really don't need this right now, especially considering I'm planning on buying a new car soon. 

Anyways, today I'm still tired, but I'm at least not falling asleep at my desk. I can concentrate a bit more. I'm also not quite as stressed as I was about the terrorist attack on the US Capitol the other day. Things are calming down from that, so I'm calming down. It was still very alarming and I am appalled at what happened. I just hope that January 20th comes and goes without any more acts of violence. 

I didn't complete both challenges yesterday and I'm rather disappointed that I didn't. It was a really rough day yesterday, so I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about it. Today I will be completing my challenges today, no matter what. Even if I am still tired. I'm going to at least do the bare minimum. I'm hoping to get some rest this weekend and be recharged for next week. 

My depression is trying to creep in. I'm fighting to keep it at bay, as I know that will only set me back further in my goals. 

Challenge Details 1/7/2021: 

Drink at least 48 oz water each day - 3/7 Pending...

I only drank about 24 oz water and I didn't track it on my phone. I know I didn't reach my goal though. 

Take a 5 minute walk each day - 4/7 Success!!!

I did make myself take a 5 minute walk. Even after starting, I was tired enough that I told myself a 5 minute walk was enough for the day. 

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Yay for the walk!

Some days, you won't hit all your goals - barely anyone is able to be 100% perfect. The big thing is not letting not hitting a goal derail you longer than the day it happened. I saw your note in Teros' thread about how disappointed you were that you didn't get a sticker. So it sounds like you are ready to be committed to today. 

That sucks about the depression. Is there anything we can do to help?

Edit: changed my comment. I re-thought the sentiment and didn't want to sound like I was trying to minimize your depression. ❤️ 

• Like 1

Um, can we just stop for a second and talk about how YOU STILL DID COMPLETE ONE OF YOUR GOALS?!?

You had all the justification in the world for taking a day off yesterday (and for the record, I STILL would have been proud of you if you had) but you made the effort to meet one of your goals and that's fucking badass. 

I'm so sorry to hear that your mental state is going in that direction - I know how pointless things can seem when you're feeling that way. 

Just know that you have love and support, and whatever you need to do to take care of yourself is a Good Thing. I hope you can find your way back to the good place soon. 

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Yay for the walk!

Some days, you won't hit all your goals - barely anyone is able to be 100% perfect. The big thing is not letting not hitting a goal derail you longer than the day it happened. I saw your note in Teros' thread about how disappointed you were that you didn't get a sticker. So it sounds like you are ready to be committed to today. 

That sucks about the depression. Is there anything we can do to help?

Edit: changed my comment. I re-thought the sentiment and didn't want to sound like I was trying to minimize your depression. ❤️ 

Yeah, I'm trying to tell myself that it's ok I didn't get 100% yesterday as long as I don't let it become my regular thing. As long as I'm meeting these two goals I am doing better this month than last month. That's what matters. 

I got in my 15 minute walk today, so I'm good on that goal. I'm about 24 oz of water in. I'm still trying to drink water throughout the day. I'm focused and trying to hit that goal! 

I think I'll feel better when I finish a calendar month and see all the stickers I DID get. I think the visual representation of just how many wins I have will be good for me. I need to stop trying to be perfect and just try to be "better" than I was before. Focus on slow progress rather than trying to sprint to the end. 

I don't think there's much that can be done to help my depression other than just being there and giving me encouragement. I'm determined to still have hope for 2021 despite some of the recent events. Things WILL get better. I also think I'll feel better once I get some good rest. 

2 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Um, can we just stop for a second and talk about how YOU STILL DID COMPLETE ONE OF YOUR GOALS?!?

You had all the justification in the world for taking a day off yesterday (and for the record, I STILL would have been proud of you if you had) but you made the effort to meet one of your goals and that's fucking badass. 

I'm so sorry to hear that your mental state is going in that direction - I know how pointless things can seem when you're feeling that way. 

Just know that you have love and support, and whatever you need to do to take care of yourself is a Good Thing. I hope you can find your way back to the good place soon. 

LOL, yeah, I still completed one of the goals. That's definitely worth looking at and celebrating. I'm trying not to let a down day completely derail me and practice consistency and discipline. Over the past year, I haven't had consistency on anything. I'm determined to do better. 

I really appreciate the support. It's nice to be able to talk about some of my fitness goals with you guys. Most of the people in my life just really don't understand. They're either not into fitness or are just way to ready to give me advice I don't want and didn't ask for. I like that you Nerds have my back. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

4 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I don't think there's much that can be done to help my depression other than just being there and giving me encouragement. I'm determined to still have hope for 2021 despite some of the recent events. Things WILL get better. I also think I'll feel better once I get some good rest. 

Depression is awful. I am here for support and encouragement, and anything else I can do to help. Things will get better, especially after rest. 

Also, a shout out to you for hitting any goal in spite of it all. We have to celebrate every single win and not allow ourselves (or others) to minimize it. Every single win is a step forward. 

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

3 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

Depression is awful. I am here for support and encouragement, and anything else I can do to help. Things will get better, especially after rest. 

Also, a shout out to you for hitting any goal in spite of it all. We have to celebrate every single win and not allow ourselves (or others) to minimize it. Every single win is a step forward. 

Thank you so much Sciread! I really appreciate the encouragement. Encouragement from friends is what helps me through depression the most. Helping to remind me that my brain is just stupid sometimes and lies to me helps. It keeps telling me that I'm not good enough even though I know it's not true. 

Nice to have you here! 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

1 minute ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Thank you so much Sciread! I really appreciate the encouragement. Encouragement from friends is what helps me through depression the most. Helping to remind me that my brain is just stupid sometimes and lies to me helps. It keeps telling me that I'm not good enough even though I know it's not true. 

Nice to have you here! 

I’m glad to be here. Goodness knows this community has helped me with my struggles with depression and mental illness. We’re all in this together.  

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

Week 1: 1/11/2021 Update

So, I had like no spoons all weekend. I didn't get much done. I was lethargic and couldn't get the energy to do much of anything. I also wasn't sleeping well at all. It was rough. 

Despite that, I still managed to force myself to accomplish my NF forum goals. I'm REALLY proud of that because it was a real struggle to get that done. I'll give details below. 

giphy.gif

On Saturday I ran my World of Darkness game. It was pretty fun. We only got to play for a couple of hours though because two of the players weren't feeling great and really needed to get some sleep. I was ok with this because I needed sleep too. Anyways, my game is a lovecraftian horror game. Supernaturals are being pushed into portals to other realms and it's up to the party to figure out what is going on and stop it. The portals are being created by mundanes by using crystals that are imbued with magic. They found out that an alchemist was working together with a powerful wizard to create the crystals. They went to visit the alchemist's house to find that she had been killed and her research was stolen. They were able to talk to the ghost of the alchemist (who didn't realize she was dead). It was a pretty entertaining interaction. One of the characters almost got pulled into the mirror realm by a demon in the bathroom mirror. That was fun. They narrowly escaped with some pretty good rolls. Afterwards they were sent to these caverns in Verona, Italy where they uncovered a massive mining operation where the enemy was supplying the crystals to be enchanted. They were trying to decide what to do about the mining operation when we stopped for the night. 

The rest of the weekend was taken up mostly by sleep and reading. I tried to play video games a few times, but I was just too tired for that. I did finish a book and started on the next one in the series, so that was good. 

Challenge Details 1/8/2021: 

Drink at least 48 oz water each day - 4/7 Success!

I drank 48 oz of water on Friday. I didn't track it on my fitbit, but I managed to get the water in. 

Take a 5 minute walk each day - 5/7 Success!!!

I took a 15 minute walk on my break. 

Challenge Details 1/9/2021: 

Drink at least 48 oz water each day - 5/7 Success!

I drank 48 oz of water. I didn't track it on my fitbit, but I managed to get the water in. I drank the bare minimum here, but I still got it in. 

Take a 5 minute walk each day - 6/7 Success!!!

I made myself take a 20 minute walk around the block. It helped a little with energy, but I still wanted to sleep all day. 

Challenge Details 1/8/2021: 

Drink at least 48 oz water each day - 6/7 Success!

I drank 48 oz of water. I didn't track it on my fitbit, but I managed to get the water in. I drank the bare minimum here, but I still got it in. 

Take a 5 minute walk each day - 7/7 Success!!!

I made myself take a 20 minute walk around the block. Felt about the same as the previous day. It was even more difficult to go on this walk. 

Week One Finals and Reflection: 

Drink at least 48 oz water each day - 6/7

Take a 5 minute walk each day - 7/7 

I didn't go above and beyond like I had done the week prior. However, when the going got tough, I stuck to my goals and did the bare minimum. I think this is a good thing and hopefully I can continue this trend. Do as good as you can, but when you can't, make sure you do the bare minimum your goal calls for. I think maybe this is a decent strategy. I'll try to take a picture of my calendar with stickers on it sometime to show you all. I really like the visual reminder of how well I'm doing. It's nice to see that so that if I'm struggling or miss a day I can just look at the calendar and see how many wins I have. 

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

4 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I think this is a good thing and hopefully I can continue this trend. Do as good as you can, but when you can't, make sure you do the bare minimum your goal calls for. I think maybe this is a decent strategy.

It's an amazing strategy. A little consistency every day is better than perfection one day a week with no effort the other six days.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

59 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's an amazing strategy. A little consistency every day is better than perfection one day a week with no effort the other six days.

Yes! This exactly. 

You are absolutely doing the right thing here. 

I had someone recommend James Clear's Atomic Habits book to me recently, and while I'm still trying to get my hands on the full book, the premise is basically that Even Though we don't see the results of these incremental changes right away, they ARE still making a difference that will show up in the end. Being 1% better adds up if you just stick with it through the periods where it seems like nothing is happening. 

• Like 1

Level 20

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

17 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Yes! This exactly. 

You are absolutely doing the right thing here. 

I had someone recommend James Clear's Atomic Habits book to me recently, and while I'm still trying to get my hands on the full book, the premise is basically that Even Though we don't see the results of these incremental changes right away, they ARE still making a difference that will show up in the end. Being 1% better adds up if you just stick with it through the periods where it seems like nothing is happening. 

It's definitely a 1% better situation, but 1% is still progress. I often feel like I'm not doing "good enough" and I need to remember that there are times that I'll feel like doing a lot, and when I feel like that I should take advantage of it and do what I can. When I'm not feeling like doing a lot, being consistent with at least a couple of habits will lead to better things ahead. I think this is a better mindset to have than what I've done in the past. When I've felt like doing a lot, made a lot of progress, and then not been able to keep the momentum up, I've felt like a failure. Hopefully this change in mindset will help towards long term wins. 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Week 1: 1/12/2021 Update

I have been really tired. I haven't been able to get a good night's rest since Wednesday of last week. I get to sleep just fine, I just can't stay asleep. I toss and turn a lot. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get better sleep at night? I've been doing meditation and melatonin to get me to sleep, but it's staying asleep that's the issue. 

Despite being super tired, I've managed to keep on task with my goals. It makes me happy that I'm accomplishing something. My goals right now aren't terribly hard for me. It's still an improvement from where I was though. Slow and steady wins the race, right? 

giphy.gif

Yesterday at work was rough. I had to fight all day not to fall asleep at my desk. Today I'm feeling a little bit better. Odd thing though, when I got home and tried to take a nap, I couldn't fall asleep. So instead I stayed up and watched youtube and played Fishdom on my phone all evening until it was bedtime. Then I took a shower and went to bed. Not really a whole lot interesting to report. I hope I'm able to get some better sleep and feel better.

One of the things that I think has contributed to my lethargy and tiredness is my eating habits. There for a little while I was doing awesome and eating healthy meals. When I had car trouble last Wednesday and got stressed out about the happenings at the Capitol, I kinda dropped the food thing and just focused on what my actual forum goals were. I started to feel depressed about it and like I wasn't doing a good job, but then I looked at my calendar by my desk at home. I have put a sticker on each day that I completed my NF Forum goals (cupcake stickers were all I had at the time. lol). 

20210111_213508.thumb.jpg.0ea081a8df7bf2aed4dca16dc8fcc3a0.jpg

Since the challenge started, I've only missed one day, and that was the day after my car broke down and I didn't get to sleep until after midnight and had to get up at 5:30am. I think I can cut myself some slack on that day. On my NF goals, I've been consistent. That's something I haven't really been able to say for a while. It gives me hope. Oh, and did I mention that on the day that I missed I only missed one of my goals? 

Challenge Details 1/11/2021: 

Drink at least 48 oz water each day - 1/7 Success!!!

I drank at least 48 oz of water. I didn't track it on my fitbit, but I managed to get the water in. I will track on my fitbit today.

Take a 5 minute walk each day - 1/7 Success!!!

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Additional Update: 1/12/2021

I've been wondering if maybe I'm carrying more stress than I'm realizing, although I am not sure what the source might be. I'm having some symptoms of high stress. When I get stressed, my mind and body want to shut down on me. I haven't been able to sleep very well over the past week. I feel like all I want to do is either read a book or sleep. Or maybe even just sit on the couch and mindlessly play games on my phone. I'm struggling pretty hard at being productive at work. 

I wish I knew what the cause was so I could take steps to start fixing it. I may try and do some meditation this evening. I've been doing meditation before I go to bed, but maybe I need something more. Any other suggestions on how I might handle this? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Week 1: 1/13/2021 Update

On the plus side, I'm feeling a lot better. I think I finally got a little sleep last night. I'm not dragging so badly today. 

However, I've spent the majority of my morning trying to calm everyone down because the Machine Department is up in arms about an email one of my employees sent. It's so stupid. My employee is very direct, and the Machine Department took one of his emails the wrong way. Now the Assistant Manager over Machine is coming to me, complaining about my employee. So I had to go address that and it was a pain in the ass. I got very little done this morning. 

So this is going to be a short update. Last night after work I went home, laid down, and tried to sleep a bit on the couch. I didn't get much rest until I got ready for bed and went to the bedroom to sleep for the night. I didn't do much or get anything done. 

Challenge Details 1/12/2021: 

Drink at least 48 oz water each day - 2/7 Success!!!

I almost didn't get this goal. I drank 32 oz of water while I was at work. I slept all evening, but I chugged 16 oz of water right before I went to bed. 

Take a 5 minute walk each day - 2/7 Success!!!

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

1 hour ago, RhiaWolfe said:

However, I've spent the majority of my morning trying to calm everyone down because the Machine Department is up in arms about an email one of my employees sent. It's so stupid. My employee is very direct, and the Machine Department took one of his emails the wrong way. Now the Assistant Manager over Machine is coming to me, complaining about my employee. So I had to go address that and it was a pain in the ass. I got very little done this morning. 

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I bet you have some Rage Against the Machine (dept.)

• Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I bet you have some Rage Against the Machine (dept.)

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Week 2: 1/14/2021 Update

I didn't sleep great last night, but it wasn't terrible. That's even with melatonin and meditation. You know how you get when you lay in one spot for a long time and you ache, so you turn over or adjust? I feel like my body just doesn't do that while I'm asleep. I wake up achy, turn over, and go back to sleep. It's frustrating. 

Anyways, yesterday was an ok day overall. One of my employees is extremely frustrating to work with because he doesn't have a diplomatic bone in his body. He got upset for "getting in trouble" because he asked some questions. I tried to explain that it wasn't the fact that he was asking questions so much as it was the way he was asking them. He just doesn't get it. *sighs* I doubt this will be the last time I have a complaint about him. The rest of my day was ok. Kinda dull. Didn't have enough to do as usual. 

Last night after work I went home, ate dinner, and read a book for most of the evening. I actually finished the book, and man, was my mind blown by the ending! Wow! I like crime/thriller novels. and the one I just finished in the Will Trent series by Karin Slaughter had a couple of twists I really wasn't expecting. It was really good! Ready for the next one. 

Not much else to report. My life isn't very exciting right now. Especially since Covid. Tonight I'm supposed to play video games with friends, so that should be fun assuming I have the energy. 

Challenge Details 1/13/2021: 

Drink at least 48 oz water each day - 3/7 Success!!!

I almost didn't get this goal. I drank 32 oz of water while I was at work. I drank more water when I got home while reading a book. 

Take a 5 minute walk each day - 3/7 Success!!!

I took a 10 minute walk on my afternoon break. I really didn't feel like walking. My energy was down. I felt a little better after my walk, but it was hard to get up and do it. 

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Great job with your goals so far this week! 

I'm sorry I don't have much to add on the sleep maintenance issues and stress... 

Except that not napping after work and going to bed a bit later might help. Except you haven't been having luck napping anyways lately so I'm not sure. Maybe see if there's a correlation though? 

Even if you don't have any acute concerns, just living in this covid world is a stressor! We get used to the day to day, but it's still having a long term effect. 

Just continue to give ourselves grace for now, I think. 

Level 20

5 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

Great job with your goals so far this week! 

I'm sorry I don't have much to add on the sleep maintenance issues and stress... 

Except that not napping after work and going to bed a bit later might help. Except you haven't been having luck napping anyways lately so I'm not sure. Maybe see if there's a correlation though? 

Even if you don't have any acute concerns, just living in this covid world is a stressor! We get used to the day to day, but it's still having a long term effect. 

Just continue to give ourselves grace for now, I think. 

Thanks! I feel good that I've managed to keep up with my goals despite everything. 

The problem with my sleep is that I wake up in the middle of the night, turn over, then go back to sleep. So, the going to sleep isn't the problem. It's staying asleep. I dunno... I'll keep trying things. Maybe I should do some stretches before bed. See if stretching out muscles will help me not be so uncomfortable in the night. 

So, apparently I got taken off my therapist's regular schedule. Yesterday I managed to get back on it and I have an appointment on Monday. I plan on talking to her about my stressors and what's been going on. I hope that it will help. 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Week 2: 1/15/2021 Update

So, yesterday I was a little irritated. I had to work through my morning break and then when I went for a walk on my afternoon break, my walk was interrupted by the Shipping Supervisor asking me some questions. So I didn't get my walk it. I'm annoyed because I was doing really well on my streak. Ugh... so annoyed. 

Yesterday overall wasn't a bad day. I did end up getting nachos for lunch and soon regretted it after. It had diced jalapenos on it and I didn't realize they were fresh and not pickled. It really set my stomach on fire and my stomach hated me all afternoon. I stopped by a small shop on the way home and got stuff to make a salad for dinner because I did NOT want fast food and I wanted something light. So I had romaine lettuce, carrots, mushrooms, chopped boiled eggs, bacon bits, cheese, and ranch dressing. It was pretty good and really hit the spot for me. 

I played phasmophobia with some friends last night and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! We had some really cool missions. People were freaking out. I'd detail what happened, but I don't think anyone would understand if they don't play the game. If you want details, let me know and I'll include them. It's enough to say that we had a great time! 

I slept ok overall. This morning I woke up a little groggy and cranky... but now that I'm at work and getting stuff done, I'm feeling pretty good. 

Challenge Details 1/14/2021: 

Drink at least 48 oz water each day - 4/7 Success!!!

I did get my water in. 48 oz. 

Take a 5 minute walk each day - 3/7 Pending...

Didn't get my walk in and I'm frustrated about it. 

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Salad totally cancels out nachos 😉 (that's how that works, right??)

Haha I kid, but for real, great job giving your body what it needed for dinner! 

I'm sorry about the walk frustration - what about a longer one today to make up for it? 

So glad to hear you're back on your therapist's schedule!!

Level 20

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines