Harriet's Written Year, Chapter One

Writ: journalled & ticked off list
Warcraft: lifted--rows, OHP, swings

Weaving: finished my notes on firestone so I can start writing monday. painted!
Witchery: meditated, walked, no spirit work yet

Willowy: ate like a fool but dry january continues

So, today I had to do an admin thing and get my identity verified by someone. Since Germans, upon gaining any bureaucratic power, simultaneously develop the ability to sense weakness (and since they despise said weakness), I did not panic when they indicated that my passport might not work for the ID, but merely insisted that it was possible, and waited. It was done.

There were snow flakes in the shape of, well, snowflakes today. Real six pointed stars. I've never noticed that before. 

I painted this piggy using some of the techniques I learned from the goats. It's from a reference photo.

Spoiler

piggy.jpg.7fc16edf0b95d9626d428a140ac78f65.jpg

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 2

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:57 PM, Harriet said:

I know, right? The sabbats happen roughly every six weeks. That's three weeks to bathe in the afterglow and three weeks to read up and start preparing for the next. Do you celebrate Imbolc, then?

I don't celebrate it, but I do know the vague times of year for the seasonal festivals, and enjoy the concept of tracking the year through the seasons.

Looks like you're making great process with your goals!

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

On 1/15/2021 at 7:31 AM, Harriet said:

Thanks for the nudge 🙂 Running is the one of the most energy-costly things on my list, and my energy fluctuates a lot. I had a few days of bad fatigue recently that I'm still recovering from, and I just haven't mustered the motivation to give it another try. I'll probably give it another shot next week. Sleeping in the clothes is crafty habit hacking, well done 😄

Maybe figure out what to do on lower energy days? Walk? or maybe just.. 100 knee lifts? slow dance? 

On 1/15/2021 at 7:27 PM, Harriet said:

So, today I had to do an admin thing and get my identity verified by someone. Since Germans, upon gaining any bureaucratic power, simultaneously develop the ability to sense weakness (and since they despise said weakness), I did not panic when they indicated that my passport might not work for the ID, but merely insisted that it was possible, and waited. It was done.

I painted this piggy using some of the techniques I learned from the goats. It's from a reference photo.

Reveal hidden contents

piggy.jpg.7fc16edf0b95d9626d428a140ac78f65.jpg

That :D awesome. Well done! 

• Thanks 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Maybe figure out what to do on lower energy days? Walk? or maybe just.. 100 knee lifts? slow dance? 

I walk every day regardless. I think I'm going to try putting the running in the morning because my motivation is highest then. This means I will have to watch tv (star trek) in the mornings, which is odd, but better than not running.

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That :D awesome. Well done! 

I'm not sure if you mean the piggy painting or the staring down of the bureaucrat, but thank you in either case :D

2 hours ago, Athena said:

All those textures 🥰   The way you combined them is very satisfying.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Weekly Report

Writ: journalled every morning every day, evening 6 days. Re-ready my big whys today.

Warcraft: I did not run this week, but I did 3/3 weightlifting sessions

Weaving: I wrote and painted every weekday, as planned

Witchery: Oops, I only did spirit work on four days. I might have to move it to the morning to make sure it gets done. I walked 6 days and meditated five days. Good but room for improvement.

Willowy: I did okay having the small healthy breakfasts and lunches, and dry January continues. But I really slipped on the no snacking and eating without distractions. I weighed myself and am 73.3kg, a little heavier than last week. No surprise given yesterday's excessive mindless carb eating.

I'm ready to try the running again next week. I think it just has to go in the morning if I want it to happen.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

I walk every day regardless. I think I'm going to try putting the running in the morning because my motivation is highest then. This means I will have to watch tv (star trek) in the mornings, which is odd, but better than not running.

Sorry I think I missed something - how are running and Star Trek related?

Yay for lifting all those weights! Great job on your week.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Sorry I think I missed something - how are running and Star Trek related?

Yay for lifting all those weights! Great job on your week.

Yay for lifting! I watch tv while running on the cross trainer. It seems odd to watch tv in the morning, but if it gets me to run then so be it.

• Like 3

Just now, Harriet said:

Yay for lifting! I watch tv while running on the cross trainer. It seems odd to watch tv in the morning, but if it gets me to run then so be it.

Oh I see haha. I see no issue with watching TV in the morning, seems like a very arbitrary "rule". Whatever works for you!

• Like 1

Writ: journalled & ticked off tasks

Warcraft: jogged 30 min/3.3km (I was doing a zero to thirty minute programme but I got bored of trying to figure out when I was meant to be walking and when running. Figured I could probably slow jog for 30 minutes straight, and I can 😃)

Weaving: wrote, painted

Witchery: meditated, did spirit work, walked

Willowy: ate somewhat sensibly

So yeah, I decided to start up the running again this week after last week's fatigue and evasion. I decided to try running in the morning instead. It went fine, but I also felt mildly tired all day, had trouble getting started with the writing, and took two(!) naps. It's fine. If I stick at it, I will eventually have more total energy to divide between the things I want to do. Right?

We take a break from tarot cards to paint a relaxed landscape from reference photo using newly discovered brushes:

Spoiler

beach.jpg.6711c08e3f3bfae475d7b10c3f3f234b.jpg

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 3

10 hours ago, Harriet said:

Warcraft: jogged 30 min/3.3km (I was doing a zero to thirty minute programme but I got bored of trying to figure out when I was meant to be walking and when running. Figured I could probably slow jog for 30 minutes straight, and I can 😃)

So yeah, I decided to start up the running again this week after last week's fatigue and evasion. I decided to try running in the morning instead. It went fine, but I also felt mildly tired all day, had trouble getting started with the writing, and took two(!) naps. It's fine. If I stick at it, I will eventually have more total energy to divide between the things I want to do. Right?

You did it! YAY!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

We take a break from tarot cards to paint a relaxed landscape from reference photo using newly discovered brushes:

Reveal hidden contents

beach.jpg.6711c08e3f3bfae475d7b10c3f3f234b.jpg

Sounds like a great, productive day. Nice job! :) 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Harriet said:

That is awesome!

If you jog with your phone, there are all sorts of apps that track intervals for you, if you are interested?

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

That is awesome!

If you jog with your phone, there are all sorts of apps that track intervals for you, if you are interested?

2 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Sounds like a great, productive day. Nice job! :) 

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

You did it! YAY!

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Hell yeah!

10 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

&1 :)

Sounds like a good day! 

Be comfy tonight and see you tomorrow!!!! ❤️

11 hours ago, Salinger said:

Gorgeous work. 

And yay on the running :D xx

Thank you, my poppets! ❤️

I have an app, @Scaly Freak, I just didn't use it because there's nowhere on the machine to place it. But the programme of intervals was mostly to get me up to 30 minutes. Now I have to decide--longer, faster, or high intensity intervalier?

• Like 5

Woohoo for the 30 min jog! ☺️ The interval thing is annoying. My guy fancies himself a trainer so he sets up the program for me. I just have glance at the timer on my phone periodically.

PS your art is lovely! ♥️

• Like 1

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

9 hours ago, Harriet said:

Now I have to decide--longer, faster, or high intensity intervalier?

I'm not sure what your running background is but just remember that your cardiovascular system adapts faster than the connective tissues in the legs do. They will strengthen and toughen up but if you are just starting a running program it is best to take it slow and easy for the first month or two even when you know that you can do more. If you have been running for awhile now then ignore me. 

• Like 1

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

On 1/15/2021 at 12:27 PM, Harriet said:

Since Germans, upon gaining any bureaucratic power, simultaneously develop the ability to sense weakness (and since they despise said weakness), I did not panic when they indicated that my passport might not work for the ID, but merely insisted that it was possible, and waited. It was done.

I chuckled real hard at this - as someone who admires a lot about German culture (but mostly from a "the grass is always greener" lens), I appreciate getting to hear about the experiences of someone actually living there.

The pig and the landscape are both lovely, as well!

• Thanks 1

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

4 hours ago, MezzotheLefty said:

PS your art is lovely! ♥️

Thank you, Mezzo! ❤️

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Alternatively you could keep the current level for a little while so your body gets used to it - just in case the tiredness is related. :) 

Oh yeah, I'll do that for a few workouts in any case. I was planning to do like three runs at each level of difficulty (so upping the difficulty a tiny bit once a week, I guess) and to "deload" with a light week once every two months.

2 hours ago, h3r0 said:

I'm not sure what your running background is but just remember that your cardiovascular system adapts faster than the connective tissues in the legs do. They will strengthen and toughen up but if you are just starting a running program it is best to take it slow and easy for the first month or two even when you know that you can do more. If you have been running for awhile now then ignore me. 

I have no running background except the experience of developing shin splints last year from a tiny amount of jogging in taekwondo class (I'm running on a cross trainer now, so it's low impact). Do you think just increasing the difficulty slowly and taking a "deload week" now and then will do the trick?

55 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I chuckled real hard at this - as someone who admires a lot about German culture (but mostly from a "the grass is always greener" lens), I appreciate getting to hear about the experiences of someone actually living there.

I critique them from a place of love. Ahem. But I also notice the difference from Australians.

55 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

The pig and the landscape are both lovely, as well!

Thank you! ❤️

On 1/17/2021 at 11:06 AM, Harriet said:

Weekly Report

Writ: journalled every morning every day, evening 6 days. Re-ready my big whys today.

Warcraft: I did not run this week, but I did 3/3 weightlifting sessions

Weaving: I wrote and painted every weekday, as planned

Witchery: Oops, I only did spirit work on four days. I might have to move it to the morning to make sure it gets done. I walked 6 days and meditated five days. Good but room for improvement.

These are all very successful looking!

On 1/18/2021 at 10:36 AM, Harriet said:

Ooooh! That's excellent! Speed work might transfer over to strength better (explosiveness) but meh! Since it's a new habit, I would pick something that will get you to continue doing it. Jogging 30 minutes however often a week is totally valid for maintaining/improving cardiovascular health.  If you think you'd like to run more, find a bridge to 10k program, perhaps?

Reveal hidden contents

Love these clouds especially. 

• Thanks 1

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1