Cheetah Challenge

Cheetah

On 1/17/2021 at 10:39 AM, deftona said:

Yay for the camper, I can't wait for the photos :)

And happy birthday for Monday! 

Thanks!  And let's see if I can make this work...

tS2O9WS.jpg

E3TYX1T.jpg

jUzh5zs.jpg

There she is!  I really love the shelf thing above the bed.  She has many fine qualities, including that a lot of work has been done on it relatively recently.  The fabric on the seat cushions is new, the flooring is new, the cables in the lift system are new.  It's in very good condition for as little as we paid for it (about 3K$)  I'm really looking forward to a warm enough night to do a dry run, although that might be a while.  I do need to make some adjustments to the lift mechanism, but that won't be difficult.  I just need a nice enough day that I don't mind crawling around under the camper for a little while.

Sunday was okay.  I didn't really eat mindfully, and I didn't end up getting a walk.  I did duolingo.

Today is going better.  Food is good so far, and I walked 2 miles this morning.  I am working on my birthday, which is more upsetting to my friends and family than it is to me.  Historically I usually end up working on my birthday, so this does not seem unusual to me.

• Like 5

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Such a lovely camper!  We're still tent camping but we probably don't go enough to warrant buying a popup. 

and Happy Birthday!!

On 1/17/2021 at 7:39 AM, Cheetah said:

I bought another lamp for my office.  I can't remember if I mentioned here, but I'm trying to get enough lamps that I can leave the overhead florescents off and use slightly warmer light bulbs.  I wouldn't want to develop a brain cloud.

image.jpeg.4aba27b20a5b1676b6c4b343c584d127.jpeg

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

2 hours ago, Shello said:

Such a lovely camper!  We're still tent camping but we probably don't go enough to warrant buying a popup. 

and Happy Birthday!!

image.jpeg.4aba27b20a5b1676b6c4b343c584d127.jpeg

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, deftona said:

I love the camper! What's her name?

We're not totally settled yet, but so far it's Millie.  But it's Millie with a Cockney accent, which my beautiful wife can do but I can't, so we may have to change it to something I can say properly.

• Like 2

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

Your camper makes me feel very nostalgic, it's very similar to my family's from when I was a kid! I hope you can make lots of happy memories in it. How old are your kids? Are they going to be OK sharing one of the beds? My sister and I were OK initially but as we got older one of us (normally me) ended up on a blow up mattress on the floor.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

52 minutes ago, deftona said:

MILLAY!

Exactly! I'll keep practicing.

1 hour ago, Emerald Eagle said:

Your camper makes me feel very nostalgic, it's very similar to my family's from when I was a kid! I hope you can make lots of happy memories in it. How old are your kids? Are they going to be OK sharing one of the beds? My sister and I were OK initially but as we got older one of us (normally me) ended up on a blow up mattress on the floor.

giphy.gif

There's a third bed that the boy will use, so we're all set.  We also have a couple of 1-man tents if anyone wants more privacy.

KBO. - Churchill

That looks so much fun! 

Good Luck and happy camping!

looney tunes farmville GIF

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

11 hours ago, Amazon Ninja said:

That looks so much fun! 

Good Luck and happy camping!

looney tunes farmville GIF

Thanks!

Monday was my birthday.  I'm at Level 45 now.  This year I've gained +1 Wisdom.

Good was okay yesterday.  I made ribs for dinner and it was good.  I got a walk in the morning.  I did the duolingo.  Good times.

• Like 5

KBO. - Churchill

Go Shawty Its Sherbert Day Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook,  Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

Also cannot wait to hear about your first camping adventure!!

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

8 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Congrats Cheets

Sweet camper, i would love to go camping some day too!

Wait, have you never been camping?

7 hours ago, shaar said:

Go Shawty Its Sherbert Day Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook,  Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

I'm sure I'll post about it.  The next one will be in the driveway, probably in March or April, depending on the weather, which is very unpredictable here.

I used to like sherbert, but I don't anymore.

Guys.  I have an employee asking me for fitness advice.  He's way overweight and is looking to lose.  I've actually been kind of hoping he would come to me for a while.  Not that I want to give him advice or tell him what to do.  I just want to share my experience with him, and let him know that I have a lot of information, if he has questions.  Unfortunately, he's also the kind of person who will ask a question, then not listen to the answer.  So it may amount to nothing.  I guess we'll see.

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill

Just now, Cheetah said:

Unfortunately, he's also the kind of person who will ask a question, then not listen to the answer.  So it may amount to nothing.  I guess we'll see.

I wish you oodles of patience, my friend.

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

24 minutes ago, deftona said:

I wish you oodles of patience, my friend.

Oh, patience I've got, in abundance.  I work in adult education.  😉

• Haha 2

KBO. - Churchill

I'm losing track again.

Yesterday I walked 2 miles in the morning, and food was not really mindful but not too bad, and I got duolingo done.  So that's alright.

I almost didn't walk this morning.  I really didn't want to get up.  But I did anyway, so that was good.

Things are clicking right along at work.  We have some very big regulatory changes happening, which I don't have much input into, but will dramatically effect how we conduct our day to day business.  It's all changes for the better, and will make our jobs easier in the long run.  But there might be a lot of work to do in the transition.  

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill

4 hours ago, deftona said:

This is the good stuff! 

Agreed!

I had a mindful lunch and then a big meeting about the regulatory changes.  I now have to do a curriculum gap review to see what we need to do to align with the new standards, and then we are responsible for updating one of the 16 courses that are part of our program.  Groups at the other schools are going to work on different sections, so together we're going to rebuild the program into a better and more consistent version.  This is going to be fun!

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill

On 1/19/2021 at 7:45 AM, shaar said:

Oh man!  A)  Happy Birthday, I totes missed it on my crazy Monday!!!

Also, now I really need sherbet for the the weekend.

And third, that camper is sweet!!   Super cute name if ya can get it down too!

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Happy Belated Level Up! I am jealous of your ribs for dinner. Yum! Seems like you have some nice momentum going on your challenge :) 

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

12 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Oh man!  A)  Happy Birthday, I totes missed it on my crazy Monday!!!

Also, now I really need sherbet for the the weekend.

And third, that camper is sweet!!   Super cute name if ya can get it down too!

Thanks!  No one has come up with anything better, so I think we're settled on it.

7 hours ago, Emerald Eagle said:

Happy Belated Level Up! I am jealous of your ribs for dinner. Yum! Seems like you have some nice momentum going on your challenge :) 

Thanks!  It seems to be going well.  Food is up and down though.

So far today is alright.  I walked my 2 miles this morning, and did some duolingo.  Food has been mindful so far.  That should stay good today, I think.

I'm going to try to get a long walk in tomorrow; 4 - 6 miles or so.  I don't think I have anything else planned, so I should be good for it.  I'll probably do it in two segments with a 15 min rest between.  I guess we'll see.

KBO. - Churchill

Food has been good today.  I've moved my treadmill and television into a more advantageous alignment.  I should get a nice long walk in today.

• Like 1

KBO. - Churchill

I walked 7 miles today.  Feet and ankles are a bit tired but not too bad.

KBO. - Churchill

Food has been good so far today.  I got up early and walked 3 miles.  I did this while watching the first two episodes of Gavin and Stacey.  I have to say the plot is moving a lot faster than I thought it was going to, so it will be interesting to see where they take the characters.

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I did this while watching the first two episodes of Gavin and Stacey. 

I LOVE Gavin and Stacey! I hope the humour translates well across the pond, Nessa is my IDOL 😂

gavin and stacey GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

18 hours ago, deftona said:

I hope the humour translates well across the pond

I know I'm missing some of it.  At one point they were playing "Cruise, Marry, Shag" and the jokes depended on knowing who a lot of famous Britons are, and I didn't recognize any of the names.  But I feel like most of it translates pretty well.  Nessa is a gem, to be sure.

Food has been good so far today, but mornings are easy.  I did have a choux bun for breakfast because it was the last one and it looked lonely and I can't have lonely pastries hanging around my kitchen.  I got up early and walked 3 miles again.  Right calf was a bit twingy at first but it smoothed out.  Feet are feeling much better today, so I'm taking that as a green light to make 3 miles my daily habit.  This would put me well over my goal for the year, and I feel it's a good baseline for general conditioning.  I did duolingo this morning because it's easier to get it done in the morning.

• Like 3

KBO. - Churchill

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines