Shello Moves Forward

Well 2020 was a bust in so many ways.  It's the year that never was, just like my 2020 challenges.  I managed to respawn just in time for the end of the year and I plan to make this one stick.  I know, I've said that before.   It's taken me a lot longer to rebuild my fitnessing life than I expected.  I never actually expected to lose it but here I am.  Despite having a lot of success in previous years I am not looking to get to where I was.   I am looking to move forward.  I'll find that level of fitness again but in a new way that is in front of me, not behind.  But my behind needs some fitness too, amirite?   Hopefully, my loosey goosey roadmap for 2021 is the right combination of the new me and the old me to find a new path forward. 

*For those of you who don't know me I have a bio somewhere but you can check out my roadmaps for the previous years.  My journey is documented by my changing goals.

2021 Roadmap

One thing about the new me is trying to control and plan a little less.   I have more room to be spontaneous, I have more energy to devote to other things, and I feel less guilt about achieving perfection.   But the old me accomplished things and the new me can be lazy and I've strayed from my goals.  This roadmap is attempt to meet the two in the middle.  There are 5 key areas I'd like to improve, or at least devote sufficient energy to.  I've split the year into quarters and set a loose goal for each key area for each quarter. 

Weight

I try to stay away from setting hard weight goals.  I like to focus on the habits to get me there.  But since I recently joined Noom for this exact reason I've set some goals as a guidepost. 

Quarter 1 - Reach 250.  Noom had this goal set to be reached by early March, it's a little later now after the holidays, but it should be attainable.  That's just over a pound a week.  

Quarter 2 - Reach 240.  Not as aggressive as the first quarter but there is some wiggle room built in.

Quarter 3 - Reach 230.  More wiggle room.

Quarter 4 - Reach 225. Assuming I stay on track all year, this goal is far from aggressive.  But the number feels very far off and scary even though the goal each quarter seems reasonable.  Plus it's the holidays. 

Fitness

I've really struggled with fitness in the past year or so.  I seem to have some sort of mental block that resists any efforts to start up again.  I'm literally doing nothing, not even getting enough steps.  I average 4-5,000 steps daily.  

Quarter 1 - Gentle Movement.  I just need to get used to moving again and making it a priority.  I'm thinking this will be things like yoga, shovelglove, walking, bodyweight workouts.  Anything counts in any amount.  

Quarter 2 - Walking.  The weather should start to improve by then and DDG wants to focus on walking as well since he won't be staying as active from his part time job any longer.  This is a great time to make this a part of my daily life and make it a habit 

Quarter 3 - Strength. When I think about exercise that I enjoy it's always lifting that I think of.  Hopefully by this time of the year the gyms will be back to normal and I can start going back and pick this up.  Strength training is a huge part of my big why too.  

Quarter 4 - Wild Card. Who knows where I will be by this time.  I'm leaving this open to see what makes sense at the time.  If I feel no need to add anything then I can just focus on reinforcing habits.  

General Health

I primarily mean nutrition but I really mean this to encompass everything that impacts my food choices like mindfulness, negative thought patterns, stress, sleep, hydration.

Quarter 1 - Keep Noomin'.  I'll focus on the daily Noom lessons and goal setting with my Noom goal coach.  

Quarter 2 - Reinforce Noom habits.  I'm guessing I'll have completed all the daily lessons.  It'll be time to focus on the things I've learned and build on the habits.

Quarter 3 - Life After Noom.  My subscription is up in October so I'll  have to start reinforcing the habits to prepare.

Quarter 4 - Holiday Protocols. Tis the season and all that.  I'll just focus on what I need in order to minimize the impact of the holidays on any successes made during the year. 

Personal Life

The most important relationships in my life are with my kids and with DDG.  2021 will bring a lot of change.  Qbert will be moving off to college at the end of the summer and it'll be Peach and I for the rest of the year.  At the same time, things are going really well with DDG.  We've talked about moving and are just trying to find the right time and balance the affect on our kids.  It won't happen in 2021 but there is some groundwork to get in place so it can happen soon after.

Quarter 1 - Keep the kids on the right path.  Whether they are schooling virtually or in person, they both are struggling to keep their grades up.  Qbert needs coaching (nagging) to keep up with college and scholarship applications.  And I want to spend some quality time with them before things start to change.  

Quarter 2 - Qbert prepares to leave the nest! This time will be spent preparing for the big change. 

Quarter 3 - Time with Peach.  I think Peach has been looking forward to this time her whole life.  She'll probably ignore me the whole time. 

Quarter 4 - Integration.  DDG won't be ready to move in yet but we'll want to make sure Peach is comfortable with it and his boys are prepared for the inevitable. 

Home

My house is a mess.  There are so many projects I want to get done or just need to get done.  Some are just standard maintenance or improvements that need to happen (concrete work, complete some projects that are causing clutter, dry wall damage, etc.  But there are fun projects too.  I have a plan to redo just about every room in the house.  I usually tackle too many projects at a time and don't finish any.  It's time to get the house in order, especially if DDG and his stuff are heading this way.  I've taken my project list and separated them into wants, needs, and high clutter areas.  Each quarter I'll tackle one project from each list. 

Quarter 1 - complete 1 need, 1 want, declutter 1 space

Quarter 2 - complete 1 need, 1 want, declutter 1 space

Quarter 3 - complete 1 need, 1 want, declutter 1 space

Quarter 4 - complete 1 need, 1 want, declutter 1 space

Theoretically, the plan is to align each challenge with the quarter's goals.  I could say I'll update monthly but I won't.  Quarterly updates here would be nice.  Or maybe an update after each challenge.   

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Quarter 1 home projects (tentative, I could change my mind at any time): 

Needs to get done - Finish the basement closet.  My dad helped build some walls in the basement in 2019.  None of it is really finished. The area that is to be my craft room is in the worst state of disarray.  I am stuck because some stuff needs to be stored in the closet but I never finished completing the drywall work or installing shelves.  Once that is done then the rest of the room can get organized.  

Want to get done - Master bedroom.  I've wanted to redo my master bedroom in a  Moroccan theme for a long time.  My ex wouldn't have it.  Now no one else has any say.  So I'm painting the room purple, including the ceiling.  And adding some moroccan fabrics and accent colors.  It will be marvelous.  

Declutter - There are things hiding under the two bathroom sinks that no one has used in years rendering the spaces practically unusable.  This will change.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Mid Quarter Update

It's halfway through the first quarter and time to check in on progress.  Overall I'm very happy seeing the progress so far.  It's tough to imagine where I'll be at the end of the year but it's good to see things are on mostly on track.  

Weight

My goal for 1st quarter involved losing around 16 pounds.  I've lost 6 or so depending on where in the daily fluctuations I am.  This is close enough to half way to make meeting this goal or coming very nearly there a likelihood.   Noom predicts I can reach my goal by the first week of April, assuming my path is consistent. 

Fitness

I am getting more used to being active and getting some fitnessing done.  It's not something I actively avoid anymore.   I'm starting to get bored with just light yoga and starting to look for something with intensity.  That is a good sign.  I am still struggling with making the time consistently for fitnessing but I'm planning to just keep moving in this direction and see if that happens naturally.  I do have issues making time for fitnessing particularly when DDG is around.  I suspect this will be a non issue when we actually live together but in our current dynamic this is a struggle I am working on.  

General Health

This goal is not necessarily going in the direction I intended but it is still moving in the right direction.  I find I am paying less and less attention to the Noom daily lessons and I'm having trouble connecting with my goal coach.  However, my actual goals are moving along nicely.  I've gone from just barely trying and even then being all over the board with what I was working on.  I've found a set of goals that work for me and I just need to keep at them to fine tune them and find the right balance to keep it going.   Food prep has come back as a priority and I'm finding freggy heavy meal options.   Another benefit here is that I'm sticking to my challenges and have enough challenge hype that I'm already thinking about next challenge.  

Personal Life

This goal is a real struggle and mostly because it's not really in my control.   The part that is in my control is happening, but I am not seeing results.  Both kids have several F's.  The strict rules have affected Qbert's mental health so I'm looking for ways to ease up without actually easing up.  At least quality time is working out well.  I'm finding pockets of time each week for both kids, sometimes even at the same time and I'm being really present and appreciating the time.  

Household

These projects are moving along nicely.  Other projects keep popping up but having a clear strategy to finish these before doing others keeps me focused.  The basement closet (needs to get done) is almost done.  It's at least built and waiting for shelves so I can organize stuff to put on them.  The game room closet is decluttered and will soon be getting a paint job and some shelves.  The master bedroom (want to get done) is the most daunting of the projects and the lowest priority so nothing has happened yet except picking up some paint chips to test out.  I did come up with a plan for when to get some painting done so I'm hoping committing to that gets this project moving quickly. 

• Like 1

It's almost time for a quarter 1 update, but in the meantime, here is my next challenge!

• Like 1

I officially completed one of the Q1 projects. The basement closet has all the shelves, and stuff on them, sort of organized. Last night I completed it with a curtain door. 

After pic spoilered. There was no before pick. Just imagine bare drywall. 

Spoiler

D62B8990-F4E4-4B6E-82AA-0F0AB1B00794.thumb.jpeg.6f7af151737544a3df286704cc013b36.jpeg

• Like 4

Quarter 1 Update

I'm closing the page on Quarter 1 today.  It's the end of challenge week so it seems like a good time.  Overall this quarter quite well and I'm pleased.    

Weight

I did not hit my goal to get under 250 but  I did lose over 9 pounds during the quarter.   I was a little closer before zero week but I went a little off the rails.  I'm still happy with where I am the consistent-ish progress in the right direction.  

Fitness

This has become a habit but one easily dropped if I don't make it a priority.  Both intensity and frequency have increased over the quarter.  That's a win.  

General Health

Noom has been playing less of a role here but good habits are forming and that's really the important part.  I'm consistently making weekly meal plans and including plenty of freggies with more healthy balanced nutrition.  There is still plenty of room to improve but the direction is good. 

Personal Life

Things are improving here.  Both kids' grades are improving though not where they should be.  Qbert is close to making a college decision and working out how to pay for it.  Quality time is improving with Qbert, as is his mental health.  Quality time with Peach is deteriorating but I'm not concerned.  We usually get plenty naturally and she's 15.  I'm expecting her to distance herself some.  It'll balance out once it's just the two of us in the house.    DDG and I have been talking a lot of moving in and not only what those finances would look like but how our retirement together will look like.  We are both quite pleased. 

Household

This might be my favorite part of the 2021 Roadmap.  I am enjoying seeing projects get completed and making those spaces less cluttered, pretty, and just more me.  2 of the 3 projects are done.  I posted pics of the basement closet.  Game room closet is complete and pics posted in my challenge.  I'll get them posted here too.  The final goal was to paint my bedroom.  That is nearly done and will likely get completed this weekend.  It still will need some decorating but I'm planning to take my time on that.  New curtains arrive next week so I should be able to post before and after pics.  

• Like 2

Quarter 2 begins!!

I'm excited to start Quarter 2.  Here is a reminder of the goals for Qtr 2 from the roadmap.  

Weight

I'm not starting where I expected to be but I did allow for some wiggle room.  The goal was to lose another 10 pounds from quarter 1 so I'd be happy to finish Qtr 2 down 10 from where I am now but hitting 240 would be great too!  

Quarter 2 - Reach 240.  Not as aggressive as the first quarter but there is some wiggle room built in.

Fitness

Right on track here! 

Quarter 2 - Walking.  The weather should start to improve by then and DDG wants to focus on walking as well since he won't be staying as active from his part time job any longer.  This is a great time to make this a part of my daily life and make it a habit 

General Health

I have not completed all the lessons since I started skipping days.  But I should get through them this quarter.  

Quarter 2 - Reinforce Noom habits.  I'm guessing I'll have completed all the daily lessons.  It'll be time to focus on the things I've learned and build on the habits.

Personal Life

Eeek!  I'm not ready.  But we are on target.  

Quarter 2 - Qbert prepares to leave the nest! This time will be spent preparing for the big change. 

Home

I've thought a lot about what the projects should be for Quarter 2.  As you can see in my challenge, I had trouble narrowing this down to 1 project for each category.  As of now, this is where this stands.  

• Needs to get done: The Garage needs some organization and some things to get moved around.  The carpet in the hallway and on the stairs needs to get done too but we have decided to hire someone to do this for me.  :) 
  • Want to get done: The game room seems sad now that the game room closet is so pretty.  I'll continue to redo into the rest of the room.  
  • Declutter: I pulled about 5 totes of stuff from when the kids were little.  I'll sort through it, keep what's really important and potentially make an art project that compiles a bunch of their artwork into one piece.  The rest is leaving my house. 

• Like 2

Quarterly Update Time!

This summer has been busy so I don't really feel like I've made a lot of progress.  But I'm still here, kicking and plugging away.  

Weight

The goal for Quarter 2 was to get to 240, which was expected to be a 10 pound loss.   I'm counting my weight from 7/4.  It's the last weigh in before vacation.  I was at 246.8.  It's not quite at goal but it is still a 9.8 pound loss from quarter 1.  I am back up now since vacation, with another short vacation starting today, but that's to be expected and I'm not worried.   

Quarter 3 Goal - Reach 230 (or another 10).  This is going to be tougher to achieve since I'm starting off a little higher after vacation but there's plenty of time.  I have only been in the 230's twice, once on my way up the scale and then once when I lost a lot when I started NF back in 2014. 

Fitness

I've struggled to make walking a habit, but I've been getting out there.  When I am fitnessing, the intensity is higher than it was first quarter and progress is progress

Quarter 3 Goal  - Strength The goal for quarter 3 is to get back into some strength training.  One obstacle to this is that I'd much rather be doing strength training than cardio but I don't want to drop the walking to make room for strength training.  I'm starting by bundling strength with the walking I'm already doing.  Pro - I have to still do the walking, con - if I don't walk I don't do any strength either.  

General Health

I basically finished the Noom program and I no longer have the subscription.  I still have access to the food logging portion of the app and that's really the only part that helped me.  

Quarter 3 Goals - Work on Habits without Noom.  I'm not expecting this to be difficult since I don't need the app, other than food logging, for the goals I am working on.  

Personal Life

Things are moving so quickly!  Qbert turned 18 this week and he's hardly been home all summer.  He won't be home long before he actually moves to college.  He has been hitting all his deadlines (barely) and seems to be ready to leave the nest.  

Quarter 3 - One on One time with Peach. Peach and I are getting used to having the house to ourselves a lot.  Wouldn't you know it, it's just in time for her to not want to spend as much time with me anyway.  But this is the focus for quarter 3.  DDG plans to move in to our house in the spring and I want to make sure she feels like she has all the time she wants with me, even if it's not really that much.  

Home

Things have really slowed down on these projects.  The summer has been quite busy, especially weekends and that's when I primarily work on them.  I did finish the declutter project and went through all the kids old school paperwork and clothes.  Neither of the other projects are completed yet.  But really this goal was about avoiding putting too much on my plate.  At that I have succeeded!  

Quarter 3 Goals - complete 1 need, 1 want, declutter 1 space.  Assuming I complete the projects from quarter 2, here are the projects slated for quarter 3

• Needs to get done: Finish odds and ends in the basement.  There's no flooring, no molding or trim, not all the doors have handles.  There's plenty to do. 
  • Want to get done: Paint the kids' bathroom.  Peach and I are in negotiations on color and design.  
  • Declutter: My closet.  Wow is it a mess.  I did get to move a few things out that made it to the space in the game room closet that got done but I haven't done anything to utilize the space better.  I have too many dresses for the space I have allotted them and too many sweaters that I don't use taking up dress space.  Plus DDG has to be able to get his clothes in there at some point.  
  • Like 2

Three quarters through the year!  Where has the time gone!  I feel like this last quarter has been a bust but I tend to see things more clearly AFTER I've summed up each goal.  So maybe let's just wait and see...

On 12/28/2020 at 5:23 PM, Shello said:

Weight

I try to stay away from setting hard weight goals.  I like to focus on the habits to get me there.  But since I recently joined Noom for this exact reason I've set some goals as a guidepost. 

Quarter 1 - Reach 250.  Noom had this goal set to be reached by early March, it's a little later now after the holidays, but it should be attainable.  That's just over a pound a week.  

Quarter 3 - Reach 230.  More wiggle room.

Quarter 4 - Reach 225. Assuming I stay on track all year, this goal is far from aggressive.  But the number feels very far off and scary even though the goal each quarter seems reasonable.  Plus it's the holidays. 

Quarter 3 really was a bust for this goal.  I paced about 6 pounds behind schedule all year but still managing to lose 10 pounds.  But this quarter I ended up gaining instead.  There was vacation and a lot of other traveling and I haven't recovered.  I'm hovering right at or below 250 which is always such a tough barrier to break.  It's so stubborn.  But I'll get it.  I'm not on a schedule.  I'd be happy to break through and stay in the low 240's by the end of the year.  

Fitness

I've really struggled with fitness in the past year or so.  I seem to have some sort of mental block that resists any efforts to start up again.  I'm literally doing nothing, not even getting enough steps.  I average 4-5,000 steps daily.  

Quarter 1 - Gentle Movement.  I just need to get used to moving again and making it a priority.  I'm thinking this will be things like yoga, shovelglove, walking, bodyweight workouts.  Anything counts in any amount.  

Quarter 2 - Walking.  The weather should start to improve by then and DDG wants to focus on walking as well since he won't be staying as active from his part time job any longer.  This is a great time to make this a part of my daily life and make it a habit 

Quarter 3 - Strength. When I think about exercise that I enjoy it's always lifting that I think of.  Hopefully by this time of the year the gyms will be back to normal and I can start going back and pick this up.  Strength training is a huge part of my big why too.  

Quarter 4 - Wild Card. Who knows where I will be by this time.  I'm leaving this open to see what makes sense at the time.  If I feel no need to add anything then I can just focus on reinforcing habits.  

I'm not far off track with this.  I am not lifting but strength workouts have become a staple again.  I don't really have any interest in going to the gym right now so I'll likely stay the course for now and work on consistency.  

General Health

I primarily mean nutrition but I really mean this to encompass everything that impacts my food choices like mindfulness, negative thought patterns, stress, sleep, hydration.

Quarter 1 - Keep Noomin'.  I'll focus on the daily Noom lessons and goal setting with my Noom goal coach.  

Quarter 2 - Reinforce Noom habits.  I'm guessing I'll have completed all the daily lessons.  It'll be time to focus on the things I've learned and build on the habits.

Quarter 3 - Life After Noom.  My subscription is up in October so I'll  have to start reinforcing the habits to prepare.

Quarter 4 - Holiday Protocols. Tis the season and all that.  I'll just focus on what I need in order to minimize the impact of the holidays on any successes made during the year. 

I think I've done a decent job maintaining the habits I developed.  I still use the free portions of the app, which is basically just logging food.  I like their system.  But see comments about the weight goal.  It's not yielding the results currently.    Holidays are coming up.   I do have Holiday Protocols but I'll continue to stick to the goals that should work and stay the course. 

Personal Life

The most important relationships in my life are with my kids and with DDG.  2021 will bring a lot of change.  Qbert will be moving off to college at the end of the summer and it'll be Peach and I for the rest of the year.  At the same time, things are going really well with DDG.  We've talked about moving and are just trying to find the right time and balance the affect on our kids.  It won't happen in 2021 but there is some groundwork to get in place so it can happen soon after.

Quarter 1 - Keep the kids on the right path.  Whether they are schooling virtually or in person, they both are struggling to keep their grades up.  Qbert needs coaching (nagging) to keep up with college and scholarship applications.  And I want to spend some quality time with them before things start to change.  

Quarter 2 - Qbert prepares to leave the nest! This time will be spent preparing for the big change. 

Quarter 3 - Time with Peach.  I think Peach has been looking forward to this time her whole life.  She'll probably ignore me the whole time. 

Quarter 4 - Integration.  DDG won't be ready to move in yet but we'll want to make sure Peach is comfortable with it and his boys are prepared. 

Peach is actually mostly ignoring me.  She works a few nights a week and has dance a couple nights.  I don't see her much.  But we do take advantage of some girl time when we get a chance.    DDG is indeed moving in soon but not until after the end of the year.  Peach is most definitely ready.  His boys, I dunno.  

Home

My house is a mess.  There are so many projects I want to get done or just need to get done.  Some are just standard maintenance or improvements that need to happen (concrete work, complete some projects that are causing clutter, dry wall damage, etc.  But there are fun projects too.  I have a plan to redo just about every room in the house.  I usually tackle too many projects at a time and don't finish any.  It's time to get the house in order, especially if DDG and his stuff are heading this way.  I've taken my project list and separated them into wants, needs, and high clutter areas.  Each quarter I'll tackle one project from each list. 

Quarter 1 - complete 1 need, 1 want, declutter 1 space

Quarter 3 - complete 1 need, 1 want, declutter 1 space

Quarter 4 - complete 1 need, 1 want, declutter 1 space

I created this goal to keep me from bouncing around to too many projects.  I now have the opposite problem and I'm not getting enough done.   Nothing happened over summer.  Everything was on hold.  Now I've prioritized projects to finish before DDG moves in - the game room (so his youngest has a place to sleep if he chooses, the master closet, and the dining room soon to be office)  The game room did just get finished.  Pics are on their way! 

OK, I'm not far off track for most goals.  I've just been struggling breaking this 250 weigh plateau.  Vacations and all those excuses didn't help.   

• Like 2

And another project bites the dust.  It's not 100% complete.  The art work isn't on the wall and the TV situation won't get resolved until DDG moves in.  But here are before and after pics...

Before:  

771628399_Lucasbefore2.jpg.156e44e976df864055113402465affcc.jpg  2001447397_Lucasbefore1.jpg.c51161dd3df8e26e7b02c2484d041eb2.jpg

After:

2018374782_Lucasfinal1.jpg.59ae5dc1f8037408f4884ffae0c23b21.jpg  2048307647_LucasFinal2.jpg.557d7ccd1823f8f013a91c07f16ac633.jpg

You can see the artwork around the room.  It all needs to get hung somewhere or another.  There's an extra TV stored in here too for later.  

• Like 3

The current challenge is really clicking so far.  I'm down to 247.6.  I'm finally past the 250's plateau I've been stuck on since July.  I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll clear far enough past it to not see it again.  

• That's Metal 4

False alarm.  I'm back up to 249.4 despite hitting all my goals and staying under my calorie target.  I'm choosing to ignore the scale number and keep my focus on hitting my goals.   Stoopid scale.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shello said:

False alarm.  I'm back up to 249.4 despite hitting all my goals and staying under my calorie target.  I'm choosing to ignore the scale number and keep my focus on hitting my goals.   Stoopid scale.  

Eff the scale. It's a confidence hating son of a bitch.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I’m back down to 247.2.  It’s Halloween. We always order pizza for Halloween night. And treats. I’m setting my calorie target to maintenance for the day and making sure to get a walk in. We’ll see what tomorrow brings. 

• Like 3

249.4 after Halloween festivities.  It's still under 250 so I'm pleased.  Stacking a few good days in a row should get me back where I was.  

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

I made it down to 247.2 and had an epic day yesterday .  I woke up expecting to see a 246... but shark week and now I'm at 247.8 overnight.  That's alright though.  It helped me realize I was feeling pressure from an artificial deadline and it's a good time to remind myself I AM NOT ON A SCHEDULE.  With Thanksgiving coming round it's easy to rush to hit some goal ahead of time so I don't end up back stuck at 250 by the holidays.  I really want to break through this plateau AND STAY THERE!

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

36 minutes ago, Shello said:

I made it down to 247.2 and had an epic day yesterday .  I woke up expecting to see a 246... but shark week and now I'm at 247.8 overnight.  That's alright though.  It helped me realize I was feeling pressure from an artificial deadline and it's a good time to remind myself I AM NOT ON A SCHEDULE.  With Thanksgiving coming round it's easy to rush to hit some goal ahead of time so I don't end up back stuck at 250 by the holidays.  I really want to break through this plateau AND STAY THERE!

You GOT this , Shello! You’re gonna see that number drop in a few days again after the bloat is gone.  You’re so right! you aren't on a schedule. Also, you have been working on these habits for a long time so you have a nice protective factor  of a built habit against the holidays. 

• Thanks 1
On 11/16/2021 at 9:28 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

You GOT this , Shello! You’re gonna see that number drop in a few days again after the bloat is gone.  You’re so right! you aren't on a schedule. Also, you have been working on these habits for a long time so you have a nice protective factor  of a built habit against the holidays. 

Thank you!  It hasn't worked out like that yet but I will get there.  

I had a bad day yesterday.  No, it was a good day but a poor goal day.  I'm close to 250 again and not enough time to bring it down before other things get in the way.  It's discouraging that I can fight and fight for days on end but how quickly my body can go back to 250.   I feel discouraged but rationally I know that doesn't mean anything.  I'll get there.  

I spent some time on my 2022 roadmap.  I like how it's laid out and the spreadsheet is pretty.  That makes me feel encouraged and excited.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shello said:

I had a bad day yesterday.  No, it was a good day but a poor goal day.  I'm close to 250 again and not enough time to bring it down before other things get in the way.  It's discouraging that I can fight and fight for days on end but how quickly my body can go back to 250.   I feel discouraged but rationally I know that doesn't mean anything.  I'll get there.  

Urgh, same. I totally feel you on this. 

1 hour ago, Shello said:

I spent some time on my 2022 roadmap.  I like how it's laid out and the spreadsheet is pretty.  That makes me feel encouraged and excited.  

I can't wait to see what your plans are! 

• Thanks 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

246.0 Thanksgiving morning. Tomorrow will be a different story but I’m thankful for starting out in a good place. 

• Like 2