Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Time to kick off 2021 and this year is all about moving forward.   You might expect something like this:

Keep Moving GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

But this challenge will be more like this:

image.png.afdd5b9a2a7c6900f49c3465d064acf1.png

FITNESS

First order of business is to actually get moving.  I'm going to break through this mental block that has kept me from getting back to any type of fitness.  It's something I need and I want, but I just don't want to, you know?  I'm going to keep it simple with any gentle movement, anything.  Yoga, stretching, going for a walk around the dog park, or the block.  Pick up a sledgehammer and do a little bit of shovelglove.  Anything counts.  1 point for any activity.  

GENERAL HEALTH

This goal pertains to nutrition and all that revolves around food decision making (mindfulness, stress, sleep, hydration, negative thought patterns).   The goal will change weekly, or as often as needed.  I'm following the Noom program so I'll tailor the goals depending on where I am with that.  

PERSONAL

A new semester starts for the kids.  They have had a really tough time.  To be fair, this is a not a new problem.  They are both smart kids but Qbert procrastinates and gets stressed out and Peach just refuses to try that hard.   So I'm plan to be on them like white on rice from the beginning.  Stricter rules will be in place for bad grades but I can only enforce those rules every other week when they are at my place.  Qbert also has to work on some scholarship applications.  

To counteract all the nagging,  I'd want to put more energy into family fun night.  It's tough because they are busy on different nights and then want to use the other nights to hang with friends.  Ah, teens.

HOME

My goals for this quarter are to finish the basement closet (need), redo my master bedroom (want) and (declutter) the cupboards under the bathroom sinks.   Hopefully there will be some progress made on these during this challenge.  If anything gets finished maybe I'll post pics to Insta.

I'm not sure about the new grand forum idea but I am using it as an opportunity to tag as a Ranger, because that's what I am, and Rookie, because I am considering this a respawn and I'm starting over.  I need all the help I can get. 

• Like 9

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Doodlies for life!

Even if you are a filthy pancake.

• Haha 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Good goals!  Yay points!  Happy Challenge!

Level 44 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

13 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Here for all progress types and cheers!

You are appreciated.  <4

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Doodlies for life!

Even if you are a filthy pancake.

I'll take filthy pancakes over wretched waffles anyday!  

12 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Good goals!  Yay points!  Happy Challenge!

Thanks!

7 hours ago, deftona said:

Shello, my sister in syrup. Here to watch you batter your goals! 

Those goals won't know what hit 'em!

Pancake Batter GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Wow 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

I'm so feeling you on the workout/movement thing! I've completely abandoned all pretext of exercise and just haven't been able to get the motivation going to change that.

Baby steps! I like your snail. I'll be joining you on the easing back into activity thing. 

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Zero Week General Health Goal

My plan to finish the year strong isn't going as planned.  Right before Christmas break I was only about 6 pounds above my 2020 starting weight.  I planned to be mindful over Christmas break and then come back strong to try and get as close to my 2020 starting weight as possible.  As expected, I was little further from my goal after Christmas.   But prepping for this week has been difficult.  I enjoyed eating whatever I wanted.  Giving up cookies and treats to meet my calorie limit just seems too restrictive and I'm just rebelling against it and not wanting any goals.  All or nothing thinking strikes again.  If I am not willing to give 100% why bother giving any?  That is less than helpful.  I will counterattack by giving 80%.    I've planned some batch cooking and I have the fixings for healthy snacks and  meals.  And I have leftover Christmas cookies.  I'll eat the healthy food, mindfully.  I'll eat some cookies, mindfully and hopefully to a lesser extent than last week.  And I'll incorporate some of the treats that I want to enjoy.  Hydration will also be key to help drop some of the bloat from last week's break. My Noom coach also suggested rest.  Who am I to argue with that?

tl;dr:

• Give 80%.  80% is better than 0%
  • Hydration
  • Rest

Monday Update

I am working from home this week.  My employer seems to have a very schizophrenic stance on the pandemic.  We are considered essential workers but we work in the office and at least half could do their work from home.  I hear things like, we meet social distancing requirements, we are essential, and we have a business to run.  Sometimes they are on the right path.  Due to the heightened risk over the holidays they sent as many people home as they could (not really.  They were pretty lenient with this too) and management was split, half to work from home the week after thanksgiving and the other half this week.  They also sent out a notice to avoid unnecessary meetings (shouldn't this be every day though?) and any essential meetings should be virtual.  Except most people are having meetings in person.  Luckily, it's my week to work from home.  We woke at the usual time and DDG had to get home (he works from home) and I lingered in bed until just a few minutes before I needed to sign in.  It was glorious.  

I was able to cook food instead of packing lunch.  I had a late breakfast - Greek yogurt with banana, blueberries, and strawberries, and an egg and bacon sandwich on whole wheat english muffin.  I had an afternoon snack of crackers with havarti cheese and fig jam and some grapes on the side.  I logged enough for 8 crackers but I ended up going past that and stopped counting.  80% amirite?  There were some cookies during the afternoon too.  I planned to make some porcupine meatballs for dinner and serve it over mashed potato and cauliflower with green beans but I totally forgot to make dinner.  After I finished work I spent time catching up here.   By the time I realized what time it was it was practically 6 and dinner takes some time.  And I wasn't really hungry since I ate a little too much in the afternoon.  By the time I was hungry I just had a peanut butter and Dorito sandwich. and probably a few more cookies.   According to what I logged I was just barely over my goal but it's not accurate anyway.  I did drink some water.  

I did get a little housework done but no work on the projects.  Litter, laundry, and dishes got done.  Then I got really tired in the evening so I rested on the couch until DDG got in after his penultimate shift at target.  

• Like 3

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I'm so feeling you on the workout/movement thing! I've completely abandoned all pretext of exercise and just haven't been able to get the motivation going to change that.

Baby steps! I like your snail. I'll be joining you on the easing back into activity thing. 

Welcome!  We can do it!  Slowly!

56 minutes ago, Ensi said:

Baby Animals Reaction GIF by Justin

Hi Shello! Following along :)  Long time no see, how are you doing?

Ensi!!  I'm well except for getting  soft and squishy.  it's nice to see you.  How are you doing?

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Shello said:

Ensi!!  I'm well except for getting  soft and squishy.  it's nice to see you.  How are you doing?

Soft and squishy is alright,  considering the year we've had...! 🤪 Happy to find that you're still on NF! I am doing fine, but I had so much on my plate in the beginning of this year that I didn't have mental energy to be here.  Lately I've started to miss all the nerdy, goal-oriented people, though, so here I am again 😊 And I'm feeling happy with my life, currently! I set up a new challenge, where I tell more about my current situation:

• Like 2

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

4 minutes ago, Ensi said:

Soft and squishy is alright,  considering the year we've had...! 🤪 Happy to find that you're still on NF! I am doing fine, but I had so much on my plate in the beginning of this year that I didn't have mental energy to be here.  Lately I've started to miss all the nerdy, goal-oriented people, though, so here I am again 😊 And I'm feeling happy with my life, currently! I set up a new challenge, where I tell more about my current situation:

I hear that.  I wasn't around most of the year either.  I managed to finish the holiday challenge and that's the first challenge I completed in at least a year.  Welcome back!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Oh gosh I hear you on the “all or nothing” mentality.

Here for the 80% and for the baby steps!

E6AE9821-D5C1-4B6E-BA9E-B31A74C23F8B.jpeg

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Oh gosh I hear you on the “all or nothing” mentality.

Here for the 80% and for the baby steps!

E6AE9821-D5C1-4B6E-BA9E-B31A74C23F8B.jpeg

Welcome!  That cartoon sums up my plan for the year completely!

• Like 2

Spoiler

Tuesday Update

Fitnessing happened!  I had to though, so it wasn't necessarily by choice.  We got a snow storm and I had to shovel.  There is no way that doesn't count as fitnessing.  I shoveled twice, once midday when it was still snowing and again in the evening after it stopped.  My Fitbit recognized both as a separate workout so 2 points awarded!  I did hit 8000 steps for the first time in 3 weeks so that's something too.  It doesn't matter that most of those steps were up and down my driveway and from the couch to the cookies. 

I think I may have eaten too many cookies Monday.  I woke Tuesday with an unpleasant stomach.  I held off on breakfast for awhile and then had an egg, cheese, and bacon english muffin sandwich for a late breakfast.  I kept away from the cookies but managed to have a Totino's pizza for lunch.  I felt guilty about it at first but then realized it technically fit into my calorfie goal for the day (minus cookies) so I let that go and just enjoyed it.  I felt better in the afternoon  and some cookies did get eaten.  I made porcupine meatballs for dinner over mashed potato and cauliflower and some green beans.   I was only a little over my calorie limit thanks to Noom adding in half of your workout calories.  

No progress on any projects but the living room got cleaned up and swept, dishes got done, boxes got broken down for the trash and I opened the box with the new cookware I got for Christmas and got it all washed.  I've also decided to switch plans for the area to declutter.  The bathroom sinks can wait.  We have a game room,  the Lucas room.  The closet is an absolute mess.  It's supposed to store blankets for guests, games, and all the stored family pictures.  It currently has totes of kids stuff I've saved over the years, a dresser that doesn't fit, some old toys from when that was Qbert's room, and lord knows what else.  That closet needs a makeover.  

• Like 7

Spoiler

Wednesday Update

I slept horribly Tuesday night so I was wicked tired all day.  I struggled to get through the work day.  I was only a little hungry  in the morning  and nothing sounded good and I was too tired to put much energy into anything.  I eventually remembered there was leftover pan pizza in the fridge so I decided to have that for lunch and just hold off until then. Except for some cookies.  I took a nap right after work and slept until 8:30.  Dinner was porcupine meatballs around 9.  

Nothing else exciting happened.  I didn't get to the list of things I had planned to do in the evening because nap.  DDG came over after his very last target shift and we were able to hang out a bit before heading to bed.  

• Like 5

Spoiler

Naps are the absolute best.

in fact, I might be about to have one now, having moved myself from the air mattress to the couch XD

I have never shoveled snow, but from afar I agree it looks like a workout! Is there still snow on the ground?

3 hours ago, Shello said:

porcupine meatballs around 9.  

Interested Go On GIF by MOODMAN

Level 44 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

On 12/31/2020 at 5:38 PM, Yasha92 said:

Naps are the absolute best.

in fact, I might be about to have one now, having moved myself from the air mattress to the couch XD

I have never shoveled snow, but from afar I agree it looks like a workout! Is there still snow on the ground?

We do still have snow.. somewhere just past 6 inches.  It has stayed below freezing since the cold.  The bad news is nothing has melted but the good news is that it hasn't melted and then refrozen every night.   

I hope you enjoyed your nap.

22 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Interested Go On GIF by MOODMAN

They are super simple.  Just make meatballs with hamburger seasoned to your liking and instant rice.  Then cover with a save from tomato soup, water, and some Worcestershire.   Bake for an hour.   We have always served over mashed potatoes but I added in some mashed cauliflower.  

• Like 4

Spoiler

Thursday update

My office was open until 3 NYE.  DDG had the day off and stayed over the night before.  I technically worked until 3 but DDG and I spent the day together.  We watched some tv and then he played some Mario Kart while I finished up work.   Breakfast was crackers with cheese and fig jam and some strawberries.  DDG ran some errands for me while I worked and picked us up some Taco Bell.  I normally avoid Taco Bell.  There are some regular ingredients that I just don't like and I can't tell what's in everything so I just don't bother.  DDG picked up a little of everything that he thought I would like so I had a sampling of everything.  The beef chalupa and beef burrito is where it's at.  I did very well at stopping before getting  too full and I was able to save something for dinner.  I had an apple in the afternoon to add some more freggies and then a beef burrito for dinner.   We spent the evening with DDG's youngest (18) at DDG's place and watched Ted Lasso as we rang in the new year.   

No fitnessing happened nor did any projects.  DDG and I hadn't had a real day to spend together since before thanksgivings so I didn't waste any time on distractions.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday Update

I slept in hard Friday morning.  I didn't wake up until at least 10:30.  I had  to run home quickly to let my dog out and also get on the scale  before eating anything since it's the beginning of the year.  I officially gained 6 pounds for 2020.  It would have been more but I did lose the same 4 pounds twice since joining Noom.  It was late enough that breakfast was really lunch.  I had the last serving  of porcupine meatballs and then more crackers and cheese with fig jam for an afternoon snack.  DDG was still hanging with his son so I was on my own for the evening.  I played Assassin's Creed 2 and face planted a pizza.  It was a great evening.  

No fitnessing happened but I did get some work done on the basement closet.  I added the first layer of mud to the last seam and a few corners that were left..  I had to let all that dry before doing anymore.   I forgot how terrible I am at this type of project.

• Like 6

Spoiler

Sounds like a good couple days ^_^

• Like 1

Here for all the DDG adventures :) 

And the fitnessing f it happens :P 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 1/3/2021 at 12:27 AM, Yasha92 said:

Sounds like a good couple days ^_^

It was!  Thanks.

On 1/3/2021 at 1:59 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Snow Snowboarding GIF by Cezar Iliescu

Let's hope that snail is better on skis than I am.  Actually, I've never been on skis.  I can predict it wouldn't go well.  

On 1/3/2021 at 8:10 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Here for all the DDG adventures :) 

And the fitnessing f it happens :P 

It's lovely to have you here!  

Spoiler

Saturday Update

Saturday was a lovely day.  I slept in a little and then spent the morning alternating between relaxing and getting a few chores done.  I skipped breakfast since I wasn't that hungry.  It probably had something to do with face planting that pizza the night before.  Lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich and some Doritos.  No freggies were sullied for that meal.  Afternoon snack was cheese and crackers and grapes.  DDG spent the morning and afternoon helping one of this son's move an hour out of town.  We weren't sure when he'd be done but I waited to make dinner once he got home so we could eat together.  He got back to his place around 6.  He was just going to shower and grab some things and head over but then his youngest son stopped over and wanted to hang out.  So I was on my own for the evening again.  I was disappointed for sure but by then I had been playing Assassin's Creed for a few hours so I just kept playing late.  Dinner was a paprika potato and smoked sausage goulash thing with sautéed baby carrots.  It was delicious but would have tasted better with company.   I left the last of the Christmas cookies with DDG on NYE so I had none at my place Saturday.  That left me with extra calories at the end of the day to use on a Bunny Tracks Ice cream cone!  

I did get some more work done in the closet.  I sanded the work I did Friday and put on another coat of mud.  

~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday Update

I slept in again but not too late.  Breakfast was Raisin Bran crunch and a banana.  I was disappointed later when I remembered I saved some of the smoked sausage to have in a toasted sandwich for breakfast.  I got dishes done, folded some towels, put together another lamp I bought myself after Christmas, and picked up my grocery order.  I meant to put away the Christmas tree but didn't get that far.  No work got done on any projects.  DDG's son left his place around noon so the plan was to head over there.   I had expected to have already  eaten lunch but I hadn't gotten hungry until then.  DDG doesn't have much food as his place so I grabbed some Raising Cane's on the way.  I was very careful and got the 3 piece meal instead of the 4.  I always want that 4th piece but I rarely need it.  If it's not there I can't eat it.  I left half of the fries in the carton so they weren't on my plate but I still did get extra texas toast because that's the best part of Cane's lunch.  I didn't quite finish the 2nd piece though either.  I logged everything and still had a a small calorie budge for dinner.  We finished off the season of Ted Lasso.  What an absolutely lovely show.   After a lovely afternoon romp we went back to my place to feed the pets and settle in for the night.  We had built up a bit of an appetite but neither wanted a big dinner.  I put together a charcuterie board for dinner and we devoured it.  We settled in to watch The Undoing.  The verdict is out on that show.  We are 4 episodes in to the 6 episode series.  We have more questions than answers and I just don't understand the characters.  But we are intrigued and I'm sure that's the point.  

• Like 5

Spoiler