Rookie Takes a Deep Breath Before the Jump

Rookie

- 1700 calories daily 💩

- 2L water daily ✅

- 2/2 extra movements (EM) ✅

- Adult Task (AT) ✅

- Mental recharge (MR) ✅

- Floss + brush  ✅

EM: Did 5.5km / about an hour of walking  with the doggos. :)

AT: Upgraded my computer

MR: Played my game tonight

I don't have much planned for today. We finished the newest season of The Boys. I haven't decided yet but I might upgrade my computer with my new (to me) motherboard, cpu, RAM and water cooling. But this also means having to reinstall all my dev environment stuff again. I may also finally spend some time painting if the computer stuff goes well or I don't do it at all. The world is my oyster.

• Like 3

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

3 hours ago, Tateman said:

As much as I hate having to reinstall all the things, I do enjoy having a nice clean reinstall of everything from time to time :) I enjoyed The Boys.

Ahhhh lol I just redid that a few months ago. BUT computer is all upgraded and I didn't need to put a fresh install on ;) winning. Also we rewarded ourselves for a job well done with some indian food.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Salinger said:

I make a really  nice curry :P I may make it this week actually! 

Well you feel free to share that curry recipe okay? :) lol

==== 

Yesterdays:

- 1700 calories daily 💩

- 2L water daily ✅

- 2/2 extra movements (EM) ✅

- Adult Task (AT) ✅

- Mental recharge (MR) ✅

- Floss + brush  ✅

AT: cleaned a toilet

MR: Read book + other fun things

I was over by 500 calories yesterday.  So I guess it was more of a maintenance day.

All in all it was a good week 1. I feel a bit sluggish today. I really miss feeling refreshed when I wake up haha and I think in part it is because my sleep schedule is still sucky, its cold and gloomy out and the lack of change of scenery I would get from going into the office every day.  I am not really sure how to fix this since it seems I will probably still be home going into summer. I have been working from home since March 16 2020. Almost a full year! 

My province is in lockdown until Jan 28 which has been fine and hasn't really effected me since I am allowed to still go grocery shopping and take care of (groom, ride, feed) my horse.  Though now they are talking about maybe adding an 8pm-6am curfew and enforcing it on top of the lockdown. That poses a bit of a problem since I finish work at 4 and by time I finish at the barn its 7:30 and the drive home is about 30 mins. So cutting it close. Plus I usually get gas or pick up groceries after riding because it's less busy and on the way home. I won't be able to do that anymore if a curfew happens. I already told my mom I can't drive my sister if the curfew happens because thats an extra 30 mins (more because shes never ready lol).  I will probably end up having to go to the grocery store on the weekend which will be extra busy now. Anyways we shall see what happens and make it work lol.

• Like 2

- 1700 calories daily ✅ (under by 410)

- 2L water daily ✅

- 0/2 extra movements (EM) 

- Adult Task (AT) ✅

- Mental recharge (MR) ✅

- Floss + brush   ✅

AT: Grocery shopping + meal planning

MR: Horses + played game

My meal plan idea... So I didn't plan great lol its mostly beef hahaha but I am excited for all these meals

Tuesday Lunch: Leftover pasta (me), chicken quesadilla (boys)

Tuesday Dinner: Beef roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli or salad

Wednesday Lunch: Open-faced roast beef sandwiches

Wednesday Dinner: Beef Enchiladas

Thursday Lunch: Thin crust pizza + salad
Thursday Dinner: Chicken nugs + Buffalo cauliflower bites + Caesar salad

Friday Lunch:  Soup + grilled cheese

Friday Dinner: Beef Bourguignon

• Like 2

Thanks Sal! 

====

247.6lbs! Still going the right way haha.

I am glad that I wrote down my meal  ideas while they were fresh in my head because I already forgot (which I figured would happen). 

Today I have work then nothing. :) Hopefully I can make some progress in this original work issue I had that I have been ignoring for sanity ;) I am approaching it at a new angle so I hope it pans out. For my adulting task I think I will keep it short and maybe just clean 2 toilets.  I also want to do more weeklies in my game. And that is more or less all I have planned. 

• Like 1

- 1700 calories daily   ✅

- 2L water daily ✅

- Adult Task (AT) ✅

- Mental recharge (MR) ✅

- Floss + brush    ✅

AT: Picked up dog food + random groceries I missed

MR: played game

Change of plan for my adulting. We needed to get dog food and I wanted to get more wine for the beef bourguinon because roomy used last of it in todays roast. Plus our lettuce went a bit bad so I wanted to get more. 

My province did a press conference today and said no curfew for the people but its increasing restrictions. None of it really effects me too much. Barn can only have 5 people instead of 10 so we are going back on a schedule for now. My lesson for tomorrow is cancelled while the barn person figures out the schedule. 

I feel like its already midnight. Not really sure what to do for the rest of the night lol. I might read a bit and cuddle up on the couch with doggos

• Like 2

Tomorrow is eye doctor appointment (not until after lunch though). I am low key worried because just sitting here my feels are not feeling 100%. My left eye is definitely having trouble focusing all the way. And before it was pretty much just while driving. So I guess we will see what they say.

Also today is the last day for awhile where I don't have to worry about being out of the barn / done horseback riding by a certain time. So you bet I am staying until close... which I usually do but after today I need to be out by 7pm T_T

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

7 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Tomorrow is eye doctor appointment (not until after lunch though). I am low key worried because just sitting here my feels are not feeling 100%. My left eye is definitely having trouble focusing all the way. And before it was pretty much just while driving. So I guess we will see what they say.

Good luck Rookie, let us know xx

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Good luck Rookie, let us know xx

Thanks! Will do

6 hours ago, Tova, Warrior of the Wilds said:

Trying to get caught up for more horsing around :P

Haha sadly not many pictures of videos this time. 

But here's a Sizzle

Spoiler

20210113_185604.thumb.jpg.ed4abea21b2d98eb6ea09e3dfac80caa.jpg

Hope your eye turns out ok

Thanks. I'm guessing I just need to wear glasses more often + need a new prescription

Why do you *have* to be out of the barn?? :o

Covid restrictions in my area have decreased gathering sizes from 10 to 5. We need a schedule so not everyone shows up at the same time so no one gets a fine. 

1 hour ago, fitnessgurl said:

Please keep us updated on your eye. *hugs*

-hugs- thanks 😊 I will

Daisy and I had a lovely ride and I felt very relaxed leaving the barn. It was weird riding by myself but also kind of nice. Sizzle was a little spit fire as usual 😂

- 1700 calories daily   ✅

- 2L water daily ✅

- Adult Task (AT) 

- Mental recharge (MR) ✅

- Floss + brush    ✅

AT: Woops missed this

MR: played game 😇

• Like 2

Eye doctor went okay. Eyes are healthy, I have a slight stigmatism apparently. Doc gave me a new prescription and said I can use it for driving and when I am on the computer/watching TV. I was said Mr.R couldn't come with me :( I like picking glasses with him but oh well. I went with a safe option haha. So I got my new pair of glasses and I am getting the lenses swapped in my sunnies :) I will be happy to get to wear those again. I have missed them.

Spoiler

image.png.ba1a1d964ffb3b9bf999c7fa5d67365e.png

Aside from that, work is going alright and I have 1 more hour.. maybe 2 if I make up the appointment time. 

Tonight I plan on attempting making buffalo cauliflower lol Honestly I hate doing anything that has to do with breading and frying something BUT this is for a friends food challenge thing where she posts a recipe every month. 

- 1700 calories daily  💩 (somehow only over by 300 cals though haha)

- 2L water daily  ✅

- Adult Task (AT) ✅

- Mental recharge (MR)  ✅

- Floss + brush     ✅

AT: I did some research and work on figuring out which investments I want. I think I feel pretty good about my choices and now it is just a matter of growing my wealth to invest. I still haven't got my inheritance from my grandpa from back in January 2020. That will help but it still isn't enough BUT I am happy that as long as I continue with this plan that I will be able to retire before I am 70. Which I guess is a win right now. I would like to get financial freedom sooner though. Does anyone have any passive income or side hustle advice? I am still working on the painting side business thing but if I am realistic... I don't think it will generate a lot of income as is. 

MR: played game + ordered in foods.

• Like 5

I did not end up making those cauliflower things. So that might be Sunday dinner instead.

Last night while I sat in bed unable to sleep I got an idea. I might try to do digital downloads since I want to play around with digital art anyways so it kind of gives me a purpose or direction there. I figure  I could do t-shirt designs and put them on redbubble and/or colouring pages that people can download and print themselves. Either way I just do them and then put them on the selling platforms then that is where they stay with very little maintenance and I don't need to worry about packaging or shipping that way. I will also learn how to take proper pictures and make prints out of my art work I think. That way I can offer prints and post cards of my original work. It seems people are more willing to buy that stuff.

• Like 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines