Welcome to the Jungle - Deffy #66

Welcome To The Jungle GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Hello, friends, and welcome to the jungle. 

2020, man. What was that about. I'm not here to make any grand declarations about how 2021 will be better because it might not be but whatever, I need to have the flexibility, fitness and stamina to fight the murder rats for the last of the supplies. Just in case, ya know. 2021 is about getting my body primed so I can fight whatever is thrown at me and phase one is to become less spherical and strengthen my back post injury. Because if I imagine I am training for the post apocalyptic waste land I am more likely to do the damn things. 

In 2021 I have a number of goals all detailed on my battle log. Each individual challenge will have goals that will get me to where I want to be at the end of this year, and it will allow me to focus on the individual bits that will make up the bulk of what my success will look like. My first priority is weight loss, so I want to make sure I get back into the habit of regular training and eating better. As detailed in my battle log, my percentage success rate per week will determine how much of the £100 I can use, and how much has to go on my mortgage. Every challenge will have up to 10 set goals that determine how much of the £100 I can spend and how much has to go on paying off the mortgage. Below are the goals for this challenge that will decide this:

Goal One: Track All foods eaten.

On MFP. Every single thing that passes my lips needs to be accounted for. 

Goal Two – Stick to calorie limit

To start myself off I am going with 2000. This is because I plan to train long and hard, and I also have quite an active job. If I am furloughed again I might need to look at this.

Goal Three – Eat five portions of freggies every day

Five different freggies, around 80g per portion.

Goal Five – Eat a healthy meal for 6/7 evening meals.

6 of my evening meals per  week need to be healthy and balanced. I can have one free for all evening meal but it’s not a cheat day.

Goal Six – Drink 8 glasses of water

Coffee doesn’t count. Water, squash, herbal tea all do.  Only water now counts. 

Goal Eight – Work out 3 x 30 mins per week

As a minimum.

Goal Ten – Take vitamins every day

Capiche.

BONUS BITS

I also want to get some larger jobs finished. Those are as follows: 

Brexit Cupboard - Since we have a deal now (albeit a terrible one) it looks like supplies won't be interrupted and we're just facing astronomical price hikes (obviously I am relieved we have a deal but it's like celebrating because only one of your children died in that house fire, ya know?) so I think I can start donating my Brexit cupboard to the local foodbank. I'm going to hold off a little just in case because we seem to like reneging on international treaties, but by the end of the challenge I want to have donated everything if I don't need it. 

Clean the ground floor windows

Or pay to get someone else to do it. Probably paying someone. Maybe. I'll see how I feel. 

Clean the inside of my car

It's terrible. It looks like I'm living in it, and subsisting on a diet of used facemasks, broken ice scrapers and 2pac CDs. 

Clean the outside of my car

Or convince my dad to do it for me. 

This list is a work in progress, I'll keep adding to stuff as I think of it before my official challenge date starts on the 4th Jan. 

• Like 12

The Sarcastic Computator

Oh, I got the money, honey, now where's my disease?

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I've been watching and seeing no news at all, so I only hear about Brexit on NF. I'm glad the apocalypse has been averted, but it sounds like there will be a pricepocalypse instead.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Woot!  Following for fun and games!

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've been watching and seeing no news at all, so I only hear about Brexit on NF. I'm glad the apocalypse has been averted, but it sounds like there will be a pricepocalypse instead.

The shitshow will only feature six types of shit, rather than the full ten. It's still an absolute fucking shitshow, though, if I may swear at a priest. They're going to hobble a lot of their major industries for decades in return for a 2% increase in fishing jobs, or something of the sort. Everyone still loses, except the hundred dudes who wanted to avoid the new EU regulations about hiding vast amounts of money.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

37 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

The shitshow will only feature six types of shit, rather than the full ten. It's still an absolute fucking shitshow, though, if I may swear at a priest. 

No worries, my tradition doesn't call it's clergy priests ;) 

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Oh, I got the money, honey, now where's my disease?

I'm all out of most of them but I have a good stock of Victorian ailments. Can I interest you in a mild case of typhoid?

9 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Here to fight off rats with you!!

But not Splinter, I don't think I could take Splinter. 

9 hours ago, Athenα said:

Hello? Is this where one learns how to live like an animal? 

Indeed it is! Take a seat and don't trip over your tail.

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Not just that, there's going to be a lot of social unrest when those sunlit uplands we were told to expect are actually dark corridors people were tempted down then roughed up for their lunch money. 

7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me!

Hell Yeah GIFs | Tenor

well now I dont want to | Make a Meme

6 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That's a lot of goals, though very well themed- nr 9 kinda threw me off though :D what happens if we don't put the lotion on the important bits? :o

I do not want to find out. 

5 hours ago, Shello said:

Woot!  Following for fun and games!

Welcome welcome! 

3 hours ago, Ensi said:

Hi def!! Following along :D It's been... a year. How are you doing?

I think it's been four years all at the same time. 

3 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Everyone still loses, except the hundred dudes who wanted to avoid the new EU regulations about hiding vast amounts of money.

And here we see the nail hit squarely on the head. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Sarcastic Computator

NB 

I just added the following to my original post:

Clean the inside of my car

It's terrible. It looks like I'm living in it, and subsisting on a diet of used facemasks, broken ice scrapers and 2pac CDs. 

Clean the outside of my car

Or convince my dad to do it for me. 

• Like 1

The Sarcastic Computator

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

No worries, my tradition doesn't call it's clergy priests ;)

I shall assume this means I can swear as much as I like, because I've never heard anyone say you shouldn't swear in front of a minister or a chaplain. Or, come to think of it, fathers or brothers, which is just as well, because I swore like a sailor at my brother in front of my father on our Christmas call. (To be fair to me, we were testing Google's captioning at the time.)

swear trek can't look away GIF

(Sorry, Deffy.)

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

I've heard all the badwords in English (and a lot in Spanish).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've heard all the badwords in English (and a lot in Spanish).

Please do not present me with challenges like this, I'm trying to maintain a certain public dignity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Tuesday Update

It snowed really heavily again yesterday but because it didn't stick on the roads we decided to go into the city and spend our vouchers and Christmas money. By the time we'd got ready it was all sticking in the road and I didn't want to drive but I did anyway because I'd put on a face of makeup and that shit is expensive and I wasn't about to waste it. 

On the way to the city we stopped by my parents because we still hadn't broken our bubble so we could go in and sit with them. The christmas and birthday gifts from my sister had finally arrived (she is an incredibly successful woman but she is the least organised person I have ever encountered) so we all opened our gifts from her together. She's crocheted me a calendar blanket for my birthday, with a colour representing the temperature from the town where I live every day for the 35th year of my life, along with the loveliest note. I haven't seen her for over a year and I got a bit teary. 

We drove back to mine to drop off the blanket because people can steal my car, I don't want them to steal that blanket. And we drove back into the city. I gave TH free rein in all the record shops and I spent my book vouchers. I am ridiculously excited about these books:

b22doeo.jpg

I also bought a bunch of make up and tried to shop for clothes but I was as successful as I ever am with that crap. I was freezing cold when I got home so I had a bath and TH came in to chat to me and we played music quizzes on the Alexa. I read for the rest of the evening. 

It looks like my city might be heading for Tier 4 today which means another lockdown and more furlough so I will have plenty of time to read all those books. An 800 page history about the Bank of England?! It's sad how excited I am for that. 

• Like 7

The Sarcastic Computator

I'm glad you got another day with your parents. And I'd like reviews of the Bryson and the grrrls wrestling.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 4:01 AM, deftona said:

subsisting on a diet of used facemasks, broken ice scrapers and 2pac CDs. 

That would keep you within your calorie goal.  Following.

• Haha 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

On 12/29/2020 at 9:01 AM, deftona said:

As detailed in my battle log, my percentage success rate per week will determine how much of the £100 I can use, and how much has to go on my mortgage.

This is genius. I have never been able to get a reward goal for a challenge to work, because if I want something I buy it, and spending money on something I wouldn't normally because I hit my goals doesn't feel like a reward (because, y'know, it cost me money). But this sounds like an excellent plan that I will be stealing in a few months when I have both a mortgage and disposable income.

I would also very much like your reviews of those books. I'm a horribly slow reader, so I'll never actually read them, but I'd like to hear about them (if that makes sense!).

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Homemaking - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

12 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I'd like reviews of the Bryson and the grrrls wrestling.

Those are most likely to be the first two I read too.

12 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That gift sounds amazing, your sister definitely put a lot of time, thought and effort into it :) 

I am currently snuggled under it and it's beautiful. 

12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

200.gif

Slither Velvet Revolver GIF by swerk - Find & Share on GIPHY

Hard to believe this bloke grew up in Stoke. 

7 hours ago, Cheetah said:

That would keep you within your calorie goal.  Following.

Nah, 2pac is phat. 

3 hours ago, Jarric said:

This is genius. I have never been able to get a reward goal for a challenge to work, because if I want something I buy it, and spending money on something I wouldn't normally because I hit my goals doesn't feel like a reward (because, y'know, it cost me money).

this has always been my issue with it too, so I am hoping I've struck something good here.

• Like 2

The Sarcastic Computator