Epsilonte gets back on the pole (for real this time)

Epsilonte

On 1/15/2021 at 2:07 AM, MezzotheLefty said:

Hey you! Catching up on your quality thread! ☺️

Your pics are awesome! Really tempting me to try pole again... 

I love the long hair convo too! I followed Curly Girl method before lock down, albeit with cheaper products. Hair is actually one of the self care habits I plan to focus on in a future challenge. 

And your story about you and your Viking is ♥️.

Hi friend! :D

Yes, do it!! (if you find the time and such xD). Pole is a great workout and so much fun! Just be sure to always train both sides. :) 

Curly girl is so cool. I was always too lazy for it, I tried it when my hair was shorter (and thus a bit wavier with a few curls in between), but it just was too much upkeep for me. xD 

❤️ Do you have a nice story too? :D Always happy to read more awesome stories!

On 1/15/2021 at 6:16 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Haha got it, we're more alike than I realized!

High Five Magic Carpet GIF by Disney

:D

So today is Friday. I think I need to catch up Wednesday, Thursday and today. :)

Wednesday: I was home all day, tried to study, achieved less than I wanted to (the reality of having three exams next week wasn't enough yet to make me go into panic-study-mode - now it is. :D ), but still did something, so it was fine. Did stretches (slight and easy sind my legs were super sore from Tuesday's pole leg day) and did pole (arms. Loved it. :D )

That's all.

Thursday: School again, late enough that I could do my stretching before I left the house. Stayed late to practice with a friend, did some more studying after pole (exotic workout, the most fun stuff of them all! Yesterday I finally felt like myself on the pole again. Let my hair down, put my glasses away and just danced ❤️ ) and crawled into bed earlier than normal because I needed to get up super early today.

Friday: School again, super early. Again we stayed for some time to pratice some more (4 of the 6 exams to be will be practical exams). Came home, took a break, studied some more, did Pole (today was all about abs). My legs are STILL sore from Tuesday!! xD Not super painful anymore, but I can still feel it in my adductors... xD Ah well, it will be fine again on Monday (when I'm doing the next middlesplit session where I kinda need my adductors. xD)

But, more success, I can slowly see my "shapely belly jiggle" (in german I say "wohlgeformter Speck" :D ) form again, the outlines of rectus abdominis are quite visible again even if I don't flex it. :) Muahahahahahaha. There is still a layer of ... well, jiggle ... in front of it, but that's ok. I'm not going to change my habits of eating (selfmade) pizza three times a week for this. :D Still nice. I should have taken my measurements before starting the challenge or at least taken some pictures. Oh well. xD 

Tomorrow I will spend most of my day with a friend for... some more practice. What else. xD Next exam will be on Tuesday (then Thursday and Friday), so it will be full on studymode from now on. I'll try to say hello from time to time and at least read a bit here (because I know I won't be able to read everthing I want to if I don't look at the forums for a week... xD), but I can't promise much. See you soon my friends!! :) 

PS: This is my life right now: :D 

20210115_161413_.jpg     20210113_125218_.jpg

• Like 6

Challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 13, 14

On 1/13/2021 at 11:23 AM, Epsilonte said:

Hahahaha :D It's only that I learned by now: if I start that game, I'm not doing anything else all day. Can't afford that right now. :D 

The mister is different in that regard, he can totally just play for two hours and then get back to doing something else... Once I start to play, there is always the next sidequest or little thing to be done and I'm only stopping if my eyes burn after hours and hours or the sun comes up again... xD 

Aaah now I wanna play again, but still have to do so many things, better get started. :)

Hahaha I'm right with you. :D Honestly that's a big reason why I like point and click games, they're typically short enough I can finish a game in a few hours and don't end up disrupting my life. :P Open world games are noooot for me. 

• Like 1
On 1/17/2021 at 10:45 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Hahaha I'm right with you. :D Honestly that's a big reason why I like point and click games, they're typically short enough I can finish a game in a few hours and don't end up disrupting my life. :P Open world games are noooot for me. 

Oooooh I like those as well. But my heart beats for RPGs... xD 

Survived the first exam, five to go! :D Today was one of the harder ones, the one on Friday will be interesting as well, the rest of this and next week should be no major problem. :) 

I'm really really looking forward to my pole session tonight - I didn't do yesterday for exam reasons (it's easier for another person to find and correctly name your vertebrae and different parts of the scapula if your muscles are not super tense from pole training the day before :P xD we are doing most of the exams right now in pairs, one being the model for the other to show different techniques on and such, and it was just easier this way), so I'll be doing two sessions today, first the recording from yesterday and then the live session from today (today is legday again :D Love legdays! Can't walk for four days afterwards xD).

I also still have to do my stretching, was too nervous in the morning. 

Last few days consisted of my usual mix of stretching, studying, pole (exept Sunday and Monday), fluffing the kitties, eating carbs and I even managed to do a little Cyberpunk session yesterday evening. :) 

My little extended lunchbreak is over (Of course I had pizza to celebrate ❤️ ), now back to the books! :)

No exam tomorrow, but a super long and early school day. Next exam will be on Thursday, then Friday. 

Hope you all have a great week! :)  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

Survived the first exam, five to go! :D Today was one of the harder ones, the one on Friday will be interesting as well, the rest of this and next week should be no major problem. :) 

Whew, good luck!!

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 1/19/2021 at 4:33 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Enjoy poooole!!! And good luck on your exams! (SO MANY!)

+

On 1/19/2021 at 5:31 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Gooooood luck on exams this week!!!

+

On 1/19/2021 at 6:43 PM, raptron said:

Whew, good luck!!

+

On 1/21/2021 at 3:36 AM, fitnessgurl said:

Wishing you the  best on your exams!

Thank youuuu all! All three exams of this week went well. :D (plus one presentation). ❤️ 

18 hours ago, PaulG said:

How is this done? I assume you fluff them similarly to pillows. Is your technique closer to this:

18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I believe you start with option one, then option two naturally unfolds as the kitty tries to murder you.

Source: not a cat owner

Option one is quite good. Option two might involve more claws. :D

One of the two fluffies likes to lie on her back, then you have to fluff her belly (very unusual for a cat but she loves it) until she reaches cat nirwana. Very soothing for every party involved. 

Soooo I'm done with exams for this week. :) So I survived the two "hardest" ones (at least the ones I was most afraid of xD), the third one was fine, and a presentation.

Plus in between we had a really long school day (8 am to 5:15pm - usually the days are not that long), which meant wearing a mask for close to 12 hours (commute and school). I tend to forget to drink while wearing the mask, so my head didn't feel too good in the evening. But it was fine in the end, still managed to do well in the exam one day later. xD 

I really did two pole sessions on Tuesday, then skipped it again on Wednesday (that was the super long day - I was still on my way home when it started, so I couldn't do it live and have yet to do that particular day). Wednesday was also the day, when my brand new pulse watch (I ended up getting a Garmin in sale, one of the cheaper models) came, so of couse I had to play around with that for some time. :D 

I got an app where I can log dance (even pole dance and bellydance specifically!) and stuff, but I still have to figure it out how to use it. xD 

Also missed stretching on Wednesday, but I will do that session today (would have been restday otherwise). 

So my plan is now: go play some Cyberpunk, then resume studying for next week, then stretching and one or two pole sessions. Maybe a take a walk in between, I need some steps for my watch (haha - I even walked the last bit of my commute just for adding more steps and clearing my head after todays exam) and food for the kitties. 

Next week will be two exams, but both are subjects I really like and find easy and we don't have any other, normal classes in between, so it should be a lot less stressfull. Tuesdays exam still involves a bit of studying, but for Thursday all I need to do is this: 

cat sleeping GIF

:D The mister, as my sole model to practice massages on, will be very happy next week. xD 

• Like 5

That little break yesterday was sooo good. Very refreshing. :) 

Already did my stretches today (Shoulder), I might actually do one more leg session, I kinda feel like it... Maybe as a study break in the afternoon. :D 

I played around with my new watch yesterday and discovered, that you can link garmin connect with my fitness pal. So I guess I will be tracking calories for fun, or at least try it. I never stuck long with this... xD Sad story: I made my MFP account in 2013 (some time after starting with Pole, but still very weak and fluffy), when I first wanted to lose some weight. Fun fact: I was 14kg lighter back then than I am now. 😂 But it's ok, I'm a lot more defined now and as we all know, muscles are heavier than fat. :P 

Oh well, actually I just came here to leave the picture of the day (haven't done those is a while now, sorry^^). Not pole, not hoop, but double acro. I almost forgot we did that... This pic popped up on my facebook memories today, so it was exactly three years ago.

One of the first things I did when I got to know the mister was to convince him to do a double acro class with me. Those were a few of our first dates. Very good to get to know and trust each other. xD It was so much fun! Sadly he hurt one of this feet a few months after, that took ages to heal and we haven't done any acro stuff since... I plan to ask him to try it again, at least the basics are things we can do at home (using the couch as a crash mat :D ) and it could be fun! 

KxHuxkz.jpg

• Like 5

On 1/15/2021 at 1:45 PM, Epsilonte said:

Hi friend! :D

Yes, do it!! (if you find the time and such xD). Pole is a great workout and so much fun! Just be sure to always train both sides. :) 

Curly girl is so cool. I was always too lazy for it, I tried it when my hair was shorter (and thus a bit wavier with a few curls in between), but it just was too much upkeep for me. xD 

❤️ Do you have a nice story too? :D Always happy to read more awesome stories!

Catching up again... :)

Story in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Honestly, our story would probably make a bad rom-com movie. There are a few twists and turns but here's the abbreviated version:

I met my guy when we were in college. We went to the same school but didn't meet there. We both worked part time at a pharmacy for a few years and we bickered most of it. We are very different people: I'm introverted and cautious and he's a spontaneous people-person. I'm Type A and serious; he's a class-clown.  He did his work, but it seemed like he was always goofing off... It annoyed me that he wasn't task oriented. In a work environment, we didn't get along well.

Outside of work, we slowly became friends. 

He started falling for me (for some reason, I was not sweet or encouraging him!) and he actively started to flirt with me. And then he asked me on a date. I was completely shocked. I had no idea what to do about it. And I didn't have a lot of time to figure it out: He was leaving to go to grad school in the fall.

So we started dating. Poor guy was so careful not to push too hard as I'm adjusting to the idea of us. And the more time I spend with him , the more I realize I like him. I like him alot. I really like the idea of us. I want there to be an us. So I told him I liked him (the I love you's came later) and I kinda declared us boyfriend/girlfriend? It sounds silly now but it was a big deal. lol

We had a long distance relationship while he went to grad school,  then we got married and we're still together 10ish years and 2 kids later. :D 

On 1/19/2021 at 6:54 AM, Epsilonte said:

Oooooh I like those as well. But my heart beats for RPGs... xD 

Same... no time for them now though. I have a list of games I want to play that I will probably never get to lol

On 1/22/2021 at 6:52 AM, Epsilonte said:

Soooo I'm done with exams for this week. :) So I survived the two "hardest" ones (at least the ones I was most afraid of xD), the third one was fine, and a presentation.

Plus in between we had a really long school day (8 am to 5:15pm - usually the days are not that long), which meant wearing a mask for close to 12 hours (commute and school). I tend to forget to drink while wearing the mask, so my head didn't feel too good in the evening. But it was fine in the end, still managed to do well in the exam one day later. xD 

I really did two pole sessions on Tuesday, then skipped it again on Wednesday (that was the super long day - I was still on my way home when it started, so I couldn't do it live and have yet to do that particular day). Wednesday was also the day, when my brand new pulse watch (I ended up getting a Garmin in sale, one of the cheaper models) came, so of couse I had to play around with that for some time. :D 

I got an app where I can log dance (even pole dance and bellydance specifically!) and stuff, but I still have to figure it out how to use it. xD 

Also missed stretching on Wednesday, but I will do that session today (would have been restday otherwise). 

So my plan is now: go play some Cyberpunk, then resume studying for next week, then stretching and one or two pole sessions. Maybe a take a walk in between, I need some steps for my watch (haha - I even walked the last bit of my commute just for adding more steps and clearing my head after todays exam) and food for the kitties. 

Next week will be two exams, but both are subjects I really like and find easy and we don't have any other, normal classes in between, so it should be a lot less stressfull. Tuesdays exam still involves a bit of studying, but for Thursday all I need to do is this: 

cat sleeping GIF

:D The mister, as my sole model to practice massages on, will be very happy next week. xD 

Lucky mister! And lots of luck on your remaining exams!! :D

• Like 1

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

EPIC Quest

On 1/23/2021 at 1:39 PM, Mad Hatter said:

I love this! Acro yoga is what started me on the whole acro/circus train so I have a soft spot for it even if I don't do it anymore.

It's so much fun! Haven't done it for years now as well... When did you start? :)

On 1/25/2021 at 5:47 AM, MezzotheLefty said:

Catching up again... :)

Story in the spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

Honestly, our story would probably make a bad rom-com movie. There are a few twists and turns but here's the abbreviated version:

I met my guy when we were in college. We went to the same school but didn't meet there. We both worked part time at a pharmacy for a few years and we bickered most of it. We are very different people: I'm introverted and cautious and he's a spontaneous people-person. I'm Type A and serious; he's a class-clown.  He did his work, but it seemed like he was always goofing off... It annoyed me that he wasn't task oriented. In a work environment, we didn't get along well.

Outside of work, we slowly became friends. 

He started falling for me (for some reason, I was not sweet or encouraging him!) and he actively started to flirt with me. And then he asked me on a date. I was completely shocked. I had no idea what to do about it. And I didn't have a lot of time to figure it out: He was leaving to go to grad school in the fall.

So we started dating. Poor guy was so careful not to push too hard as I'm adjusting to the idea of us. And the more time I spend with him , the more I realize I like him. I like him alot. I really like the idea of us. I want there to be an us. So I told him I liked him (the I love you's came later) and I kinda declared us boyfriend/girlfriend? It sounds silly now but it was a big deal. lol

We had a long distance relationship while he went to grad school,  then we got married and we're still together 10ish years and 2 kids later. :D 

Same... no time for them now though. I have a list of games I want to play that I will probably never get to lol

Lucky mister! And lots of luck on your remaining exams!! :D

Love the story, it really could be a rom-com. :D And they lived happily ever after... ^^ 

What's on your list of games? :D 

Thanks!! :) 

Mood:

freddie mercury queen GIF

After todays exam I had "another one bites the dust" stuck in my head, now it's more like "don't stop me now". :D Had a blast today, I'm finally feeling more comfortable with oral exams again and today was one of my favourite subjects (since it's basically physics. I can do physics. xD), so I was feeling great before, during and after the exam. :D 

Now only one more this week and one more next week and I am done for this term. 

Also: Pole challenge will continue in February, three times a week (and a bit longer sessions, right now it's a bit more than half an hour six days a week, then it will be a good hour three times a week), I already signed up for it. 😎 Very much looking forward to that.

Stretching: yesterday was a super Monday, did not even strech and barely did anything useful, I just couldn't concentrate at all. I felt a lot better after pole, but by then the day was almost over... But: took a nice walk, did Pole, studied at least a bit and just did yesterdays stretching session today. 

Now back to the books, if I get done enough this afternoon I get to play Cyberpunk in the evening. Or maybe the new (already a week old) Guildwars 2 patch... xD 

• Like 4

I have only done acro yoga twice, but it seems like a very silly and fun time for an activity with your partner. 

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

5 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

It's so much fun! Haven't done it for years now as well... When did you start? :)

Hmm, it must've been about a decade ago, it was shortly after I moved to Stockholm and I did it for maybe two years? I saw a photo of a couple doing a bird pose, and thought it looked really fun! I remember very specifically that I refused to look up any other pictures or videos, in case it would intimidate me. :D At that point I didn't know that circus was a thing for muggles*, and I didn't have any confidence in my body or my ability to learn anything remotely acrobatic. I'm so glad I took the plunge! Acro yoga is such a friendly and gentle intro to acro, pretty much anyone can do things like bird in the first class and it's very confidence boosting. Of course there are people that do insane tricks, but the learning and fitness curve is very gentle compared to say something like silks. From that point on it was down the rabbit hole for me. :D 

*In retrospect I'm a little sad about this because Bristol is a fantastic circus city! And my partner's sis was (and still is I think) a legit circus artist, she went to circus school at the time. It feels really silly now that I didn't even think to ask her about it. But because of the combo of believing circus was only for genetic freaks or circus families + me being the worst at sports, the possibility didn't even cross my mind. 

• Like 2

Woohoo for positive academic times! I'm glad the oral exam went so well. 😁

Isn't it crazy that we're already planning for February? I'm planning my next challenges too. You  definitely rocked this challenge! 

My current want to play list in no particular order:

legend of zelda breath of the wild

No no kuni 2 revanant kingdom

Final fantasy xii

Octopath traveler

Bravely default 1 and 2

I just can't commit to a time sink right now. ☹️

Unpopular gaming opinion: I like the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp mobile game. I can't justify the price of the 'real' AC game knowing I don't have the time to play. I can play mobile for free and interact with the same cute animal friends. Bonus: the campers don't shame you for not playing for a week! Lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/9/18/21445211/animal-crossing-new-horizons-guilt-trip-nintendo-email

• Like 2

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

EPIC Quest

Desperately trying to play catch up here, but like you if I get started into a game there's no coming out so my NF time has suffered :D   

Great story about meeting your Mister and also congratulations on the tests!!

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 1/26/2021 at 4:43 PM, raptron said:

I have only done acro yoga twice, but it seems like a very silly and fun time for an activity with your partner. 

It really is. It was a bit awkward at first since we just knew each other for a few weeks when we started, but it really builds trust and it was soooo much fun. :D Perfect date night. Also great for silly vacation (some day...) and wedding (some day...) pictures. :D 

On 1/26/2021 at 9:01 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Hmm, it must've been about a decade ago, it was shortly after I moved to Stockholm and I did it for maybe two years? I saw a photo of a couple doing a bird pose, and thought it looked really fun! I remember very specifically that I refused to look up any other pictures or videos, in case it would intimidate me. :D At that point I didn't know that circus was a thing for muggles*, and I didn't have any confidence in my body or my ability to learn anything remotely acrobatic. I'm so glad I took the plunge! Acro yoga is such a friendly and gentle intro to acro, pretty much anyone can do things like bird in the first class and it's very confidence boosting. Of course there are people that do insane tricks, but the learning and fitness curve is very gentle compared to say something like silks. From that point on it was down the rabbit hole for me. :D 

*In retrospect I'm a little sad about this because Bristol is a fantastic circus city! And my partner's sis was (and still is I think) a legit circus artist, she went to circus school at the time. It feels really silly now that I didn't even think to ask her about it. But because of the combo of believing circus was only for genetic freaks or circus families + me being the worst at sports, the possibility didn't even cross my mind. 

Yes it's true, it's a great thing to start getting into circus stuff. 

Oh yeah silks is sooooo hard. Always felt like a baby elephant doing it (so I didn't do it very long xD). 

What other circus things have you done? 

12 hours ago, MezzotheLefty said:

Woohoo for positive academic times! I'm glad the oral exam went so well. 😁

Isn't it crazy that we're already planning for February? I'm planning my next challenges too. You  definitely rocked this challenge! 

My current want to play list in no particular order:

legend of zelda breath of the wild

No no kuni 2 revanant kingdom

Final fantasy xii

Octopath traveler

Bravely default 1 and 2

I just can't commit to a time sink right now. ☹️

Unpopular gaming opinion: I like the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp mobile game. I can't justify the price of the 'real' AC game knowing I don't have the time to play. I can play mobile for free and interact with the same cute animal friends. Bonus: the campers don't shame you for not playing for a week! Lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/9/18/21445211/animal-crossing-new-horizons-guilt-trip-nintendo-email

Haha two weeks ago I thought it already WAS february. Time is such a weird concept right now. xD 

Oh mobile games a great for this, and hey, gaming is gaming. :D 

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Desperately trying to play catch up here, but like you if I get started into a game there's no coming out so my NF time has suffered :D   

Great story about meeting your Mister and also congratulations on the tests!!

Been there, done that... :D 

Thanks!!

24 minutes ago, Athena said:

Animated GIF

Go, you!

Thaaaanks!! :D :D  

Finished my second exam week!! 5/6 done!! :)  Now all that it missing, is one little (ok big xD it's the second try of the exam I failed in December - but I have been studying this stuff nearly every day since November now, so this will be fine) exam next week and then over a week off. :) Well, kinda off. 

I start my new (old xD) job next week, I get to work for a few hours each week at my old employer, I'm really looking forward to that. I missed a few of the people there, my "new" work will be mostly the stuff I always enjoyed and it really helps with finances (plus I won't have to pay for my insurance anymore, that is also nice xD). So that will be nice. :D And it's a bit more lockdown-proof than being a pole teacher (studio has been closed now since November and I don't think we will be allowed to reopen very soon...).

Originally I planned to visit my family in that week off, but with the ongoing lockdowns and stuff that might not happen, again. So I kinda plan to do some things around the house that I have been putting off, like sorting out my wardrobe and deep cleaning everything. Plus of course lots and lots of Cyberpunk and Guildwars and Doom and... xD 

Stretch: Feeling good. Still have to stretch today (it was an early exam day^^), but I will just do it right before or after pole. I want to do my daily anatomy cards* first... xD 

Pole: Still awesome. Yesterday we did spinning pole. I loooooove spinning, but I have a real space probleme here... xD Still managed to do everything without killing my feet or any furniture. Success. xD 

The first month challenge will be over soon, that's sad... But I'm already looking forward to february. When we are only doing three days instead of six, maybe I can dance and play around more... :) 

Btw dancing... My bellydancing teachers are doing a huge nerd-themed choreography project each year... It started with Harry Potter,  then they had Star Wars and Doctor Who. My first year we were doing Game of Thrones. Then Avengers. Last year was Disney (not my thing and I didn't have a lot of time, so I skipped that year). Today they announced the theme for this year... And it's Vikings! I kinda HAVE TO  participate there... xD So that will probably be a huge part of these challenges here from March on. :D 

*I have anki flashcards. It really feels like doing dailies in a video game... xD In the last week I slacked a bit because so much else was going on, but I'm determined to get on top of the cards today and tomorrow and then dive in again full force until Wednesday. :D

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Epsilonte said:

What other circus things have you done? 

A small amount of aerial hoop and trapeze, handstands and a not very successful attempt at tumbling. :) Plus a few one offs like tight rope, and Spanish web - which was equally awesome and terrifying. :D Especially the moment I realized my blood had entirely centrifuged from my arms and wasn't sure my grip would hold long enough to get back down safely from 6-7m. It barely did... :o 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Epsilonte said:

Btw dancing... My bellydancing teachers are doing a huge nerd-themed choreography project each year... It started with Harry Potter,  then they had Star Wars and Doctor Who. My first year we were doing Game of Thrones. Then Avengers. Last year was Disney (not my thing and I didn't have a lot of time, so I skipped that year). Today they announced the theme for this year... And it's Vikings! I kinda HAVE TO  participate there... xD So that will probably be a huge part of these challenges here from March on. :D 

That is awesome!! :D I bet you can make amazing viking hairdos with your long hair.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

A small amount of aerial hoop and trapeze, handstands and a not very successful attempt at tumbling. :) Plus a few one offs like tight rope, and Spanish web - which was equally awesome and terrifying. :D Especially the moment I realized my blood had entirely centrifuged from my arms and wasn't sure my grip would hold long enough to get back down safely from 6-7m. It barely did... :o 

Hehe, I think our past lives have been quite similar in this aspect. :D 

Had to google Spanish web, I think I know this as aerial rope. Haven't tried that one yet. Isn't it a lot like silks but it hurts more? xD And eeeep, 6-7m is so high!! My pole/silk studios are all about 4-5m high at most and that is already too much for me. xD xD 

2 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

That is awesome!! :D I bet you can make amazing viking hairdos with your long hair.

Oh yeah, didn't even think about that! OO Muahahahaha. :D 

1 minute ago, Epsilonte said:

Hehe, I think our past lives have been quite similar in this aspect. :D 

Had to google Spanish web, I think I know this as aerial rope. Haven't tried that one yet. Isn't it a lot like silks but it hurts more? xD And eeeep, 6-7m is so high!! My pole/silk studios are all about 4-5m high at most and that is already too much for me. xD xD 

Yeah I think those are the most common adult circus disciplines as they're popular and safe and relatively easy to rig. :) 

Spanish web is kind of like aerial rope, but there's a hand/foot loop at the top of the rope, and you have a person at the bottom spinning the rope and you're flyyyying! But because of the strap and the spinning you really do lose blood circulation, which I did not take into account as a noob. :P (Normally they wouldn't rig is so high for a beginner, but there were some special circumstances) 

Oh that reminds me, I also tried flying trapeze once, which was suuuuper fun! 

• Wow 1
3 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Spanish web is kind of like aerial rope, but there's a hand/foot loop at the top of the rope, and you have a person at the bottom spinning the rope and you're flyyyying! But because of the strap and the spinning you really do lose blood circulation, which I did not take into account as a noob. :P (Normally they wouldn't rig is so high for a beginner, but there were some special circumstances) 

Oh that reminds me, I also tried flying trapeze once, which was suuuuper fun! 

Both of these sound super cool!! Hellooooo Adrenaline... xD 

I mean, spinny pole already feels like flying, can't imagine how flying trapeze must be. :D 

Have you tried flying pole? 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines