KB Girl prepares for the new year

KB Girl

19 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Yes! Completely agree with this. In fact, I think I’ll just leave all the pretty lights up until New Years. Chinese version that is. 

Oh yeah, pretty lights stay up until there's greenery coming up from the ground again. Lurking along as usual. 

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

10 hours ago, KB Girl said:

- 2x14kg jerk sets of 3:00 (29 reps), 2:00 (22) and 1:00 (15) 

- 12kg snatch set of 4:00 (35/35)

This makes me feel the need to add some serious Jerks to tomorrow's strength work!

10 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Then hung out on the forums while procrastinating administrative work, had pulled pork for dinner in celebration of hogswatch, put the kids in bed while Jaap was at work, made myself some hot chocolate and baked some leftover frozen cookie dough (noped out on the effort required to cook bacon) and then hung out here some more until it was bed time. 

If I ever have a choice between procrastinating on the forums or any sort of administrative work, you can count on me always going with the forums 🤣

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

27 minutes ago, Harriet said:

What do the Persians do for new year?

I don't know the details, and it's celebrated differently in different countries. What I remember about Iran specifically is that it's a multi day celebration with street festivals and jumping over fire involved. And food, always food. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Lara said:

Following! (probably more lurking than following... )

All good! glad to have you lurking around :)

11 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'm so with you on this! Though more realistically I'll be aiming for Persian new year. :P 

march 20th! that's Sophie's birthday. I like that. 

7 hours ago, sylph said:

Following along here of course.

:)

5 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Oh yeah, pretty lights stay up until there's greenery coming up from the ground again. Lurking along as usual. 

Yes! I hope everyone feels that way so I can enjoy the walking in the dark thing for a while longer. 

4 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

This makes me feel the need to add some serious Jerks to tomorrow's strength work!

If I ever have a choice between procrastinating on the forums or any sort of administrative work, you can count on me always going with the forums 🤣

Yea x) sometimes I'll set a timer and go 'ok 5 minutes of this ugh work and then 2 threads, rinse repear'

I am glad to inspire serious jerks! whenever I need a jerk-motivation boost I have two videos I watch, one is my own and one is the current men's world record; 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqAVwFJCp-w/

(I could watch this all day- just look at that efficiency, look at the quads relaxing and tensing again on each rep, look at the speed with which he drops under ❤️)

• Like 2

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Wednesday was a pretty good day. I hadn't slept much, maybe 4-5 hours total. Jaap helped me out by taking Emma to work with him and I zombied my way through the morning until it was time for a nap. The nap was great and I had the weirdest dreams (little demon snails in my bedroom, bottles of soda popping open in the bathroom and leaking through the floor, taking multiple flights that weirdly ended up in the same airport and having someone I pissed off run after one and grab onto it).

Had lunch with Jaap while the kids were playing and we properly talked about our longer term goals, 't was nice.

After work I did some hip care and some paused goblet squats and then walked home with a little detour (+-15 minutes) while enjoying the really pretty full moon. I still got sad because walking without our dog is sad, but it was also enjoyable and the balance is shifting more towards the enjoyable part. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I am glad to inspire serious jerks! whenever I need a jerk-motivation boost I have two videos I watch, one is my own and one is the current men's world record; 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqAVwFJCp-w/

(I could watch this all day- just look at that efficiency, look at the quads relaxing and tensing again on each rep, look at the speed with which he drops under ❤️)

His form is magnificent.  I think I'll continue falling further down the KB rabbit hole; the jerk fills that hollow 'retiring' from weightlifting left, the explosiveness supplements my Muay Thai, and kettlebells altogether just feel like a fun implement when you're bending and twisting and turning and doing all the things.

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

8 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Wow, he's well built. Maybe it is possible to build muscle with home workouts with DBs and KBs, after all...

Wednesday was a pretty good day. I hadn't slept much, maybe 4-5 hours total. Jaap helped me out by taking Emma to work with him and I zombied my way through the morning until it was time for a nap. The nap was great and I had the weirdest dreams (little demon snails in my bedroom, bottles of soda popping open in the bathroom and leaking through the floor, taking multiple flights that weirdly ended up in the same airport and having someone I pissed off run after one and grab onto it).

Those are indeed strange. I think it could make an interesting illustration, though.

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

9 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I love it so much that you find your own video inspiring! And rightly so!

53 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Wow, he's well built. Maybe it is possible to build muscle with home workouts with DBs and KBs, after all...

Hell yeah! Body builders do a loooot of dumbbell work and their sole purpose is to get jacked. 

53 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Those are indeed strange. I think it could make an interesting illustration, though.

That's what I was thinking. :D 

• Like 2

Going outside is one of the most underrated of ways to reset oneself. ❤️ I love new beginnings—new weeks, new months, new days, new years. But one doesn’t have to use the pre-defined calendar to decide when they are ready for a new beginning. (Mine started when we moved, really.)

• Like 2

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Current Storyline: Tales of Owlshire | 0 | 1

Previous  Storyline: The Entwife’s Heart | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

11 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

His form is magnificent.  I think I'll continue falling further down the KB rabbit hole; the jerk fills that hollow 'retiring' from weightlifting left, the explosiveness supplements my Muay Thai, and kettlebells altogether just feel like a fun implement when you're bending and twisting and turning and doing all the things.

Yes it is enough like weightlifting to scratch that itch a bit :) 

bending and twisting and doing all the things is not my kettlebell world though :P but snatch has something... beautiful and rhythmic and smooth. 

10 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Following!

Hello! :)

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

It definitely is. Also when you do it right it can be pretty badass. 

Are you offering to illustrate my dreams? x) 

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I love it so much that you find your own video inspiring! And rightly so!

:) it helps me recall that feeling- it was amazing, I finally FINALLY broke 100 jerks, missed it at first but managed to recover, the euphoria and relieve, oh man. And I recognise a lot of the voices screaming in that video, those are my teammates, fires me up every time I hear it :) that whole thing is a large part of WHY I like this sport- the team feeling, working on your personal goals for a long time, performing at the right place at the right time, standing on the platform... also Portugal was nice. I definitely want to do that again, so more jerks it is. (though honestly I should snatch, then maybe I have a chance at winning) 

2 hours ago, Ann of Owlshire said:

Going outside is one of the most underrated of ways to reset oneself. ❤️ I love new beginnings—new weeks, new months, new days, new years. But one doesn’t have to use the pre-defined calendar to decide when they are ready for a new beginning. (Mine started when we moved, really.)

It really is! Plenty of research done on it too, that humans need at least 3 hours a week or so to function. 

Right now new beginnings are just making me anxious, so meh. I'll get back to those when I'm ready to kick some fear of failure right into the head. 

• Like 5

Yes it is enough like weightlifting to scratch that itch a bit :) 

bending and twisting and doing all the things is not my kettlebell world though :P but snatch has something... beautiful and rhythmic and smooth. 

I'm definitely excited to beef up the kettlebell aspect of my training.  All the jerks!  :D 

• That's Metal 1

Happy New Year! I read in diagonal that you got the THING!! 😳 but recovered well apparently! Glad it was fairly mild!

I don't know what when through my mind but I ordered a KB 🙃 I haven't received it yet. But let's see, you made me curious.

On 12/30/2020 at 11:45 AM, Mad Hatter said:

I'm so with you on this! Though more realistically I'll be aiming for Persian new year. :P 

He he he :D

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

I've been wanting to update but wasn't sure how to go about it.. and then I read Spezzy's challenge thread and realised that's very much it-  the lock on my mordred's cage eroded somewhere along this trying year and snapped right through somewhere between when I got covid and this second lockdown started (so Monday the 14th of December) and he's been whispering nasty little lies to me ever since and I've been doing battle and it's SO tiring and then the baby stopped sleeping properly around Christmas and since then a couple of times I've just snapped. Not in an angry way- just in an actually listening to the self doubt / self hatred this brain monster has been whispering to me way. 

But- I'm years more experienced since the days my mordred roamed freely around my brain- I've got this. So no worries. Just.. know that I've been doing battle. I'm going to update a little less dear diary style (because we can skip the battle stories, I don't want to describe the nasty attacks, that doesn't help) and fall back on the positive things list. 

Thursday 

- had a great time in the morning making breakfast with Emma and playing word games

- taught my last (online) class of the year, had a good many people show up for it :)

- did one set of a bunch of exercises thanks to something Tank said in someone elses thread

- played board games with Jaap, my brother and his gf until midnight

- despite the ban on fireworks this year I got to enjoy a nice show standing in my backyard with a big blanket around myself and Emma (who had of course woken up) 

Friday

- another lovely morning with Emma, she got a book of riddle like games, matching pairs etc that she did half by herself, half with a little help from me (she'd ask "what does this say?" and I'd have her read the letters to me (I was in the kitchen) and then I'd tell her the word- I'm so curious to see if she'll eventually learn to read just from these kind of things)

- went on a long walk with Jaap, the kids (baby in a sling with me) and my mom, through the woods, 't was lovely

- in the evening I did a bunch of the financial administrative things I'd been avoiding and I set up January in my bujo

ETA:

E8568AC3-2985-4634-841D-135C29E6855B.jpeg.37fdf0aeab782503af2c572129d85109.jpeg

877143F7-D7C2-4763-9E34-80DB71AFA9F7.thumb.jpeg.f9a1ba055fc28354fabf7ea4c1d66b2d.jpeg

really dreamy house in the woods.. would probably sell for over a million so we can only dream, but dream we shall. 

• Like 12
  • That's Metal 1

33 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Ohhhh! what weight? 

10kgs, I hesitated between 8 and 10 because I'm a beginner.  And after looking up what to watch for when buying a KBs + the price range, I went for a model that only had a 10kg one available.

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

I'm sorry to hear about the battles but I completely agree with you in that you've got this. The pictures are lovely, I love your family ❤️ 

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Sorry about the struggle and the bad sleeping. Hope it will get better soon.
Loved the pictures.

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

On 12/30/2020 at 5:45 AM, KB Girl said:

you can celebrate it with me? :) 

I will totally celebrate this one with you :) 

On 12/30/2020 at 10:16 AM, sarakingdom said:

I really wish I could get a crust like that on a steak where the inside has been passed over a candle flame a few times.

Its called tataki, and if done right is totally glorious ;) 

Beef Tataki

Recipe Beef tataki, passion vinaigrette and old-fashioned mustard, sesame  sautéed sucrine heart - FRIJE

Beef Tataki with Ponzu – Andrew Zimmern

• Like 6
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I've been wanting to update but wasn't sure how to go about it.. and then I read Spezzy's challenge thread and realised that's very much it-  the lock on my mordred's cage eroded somewhere along this trying year and snapped right through somewhere between when I got covid and this second lockdown started (so Monday the 14th of December) and he's been whispering nasty little lies to me ever since and I've been doing battle and it's SO tiring and then the baby stopped sleeping properly around Christmas and since then a couple of times I've just snapped. Not in an angry way- just in an actually listening to the self doubt / self hatred this brain monster has been whispering to me way. 

But- I'm years more experienced since the days my mordred roamed freely around my brain- I've got this. So no worries. Just.. know that I've been doing battle. I'm going to update a little less dear diary style (because we can skip the battle stories, I don't want to describe the nasty attacks, that doesn't help) and fall back on the positive things list.

That is the most warrior attitude. You will do well. ❤️ What is a mordred other than a character from the king arthur legends?

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Love the ferocity! Even if dwelling on those nasty stories doesn't help, I'm glad you're sharing both the good and the bad. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines