Rising Tides - Restarting with a new mindset

Hello!

I joined NF back in 2017, and really got into the Academy. It was a lot of fun, and I made some progress. I wasn't really active here, but lurked a lot. As time wore on, I also found myself re-spawning a lot. I changed my goals. I changed my name and character. I started over and quit a couple times. I moved on to other programs.

Covid came. I was teaching students from home in the spring, and I remembered enjoying the NF Academy so I came back here and respawned. But I never did anything with that respawn. The Academy was still interesting, but too much work on top of the struggles virtual teaching presented. I wanted to do something, but the Academy just wasn't working. In fact I found a different program with a 12 week bootcamp-type setup. Did that and enjoyed it. But I floundered along when it ended. Then I found an online course that focused on more mindset and mental awareness. Stuck at home, I had the summer to focus on myself in a different way than ever before. The holidays were a marathon of overindulgence as usual. But I now find myself thinking differently about things. My life, my goals, my approaches to things. It's been liberating.

So I'm back and focusing on becoming a better me. Not some crazy super hero or magical character, but a better version of myself. I'm coming back to focus on smaller changes that can be carried throughout my whole life, not just for crash diets and quick fads.

And so I'm here as Jennifer Ocean, the best version of myself. I'm ready to change my lifestyle and continue the changes that this strange time of Covid have started. My interests and focus may shift here and there, like the tides rising and falling, but overall, I am the Ocean, steady and deep.

• Like 4

Thank you everyone!

I'm a teacher's assistant for 5 different classrooms in my school, 4th and 5th grade - about 85 students. So last spring I got to learn Zoom, Google Meets, and other fun online things. I was signing in to probably 15 different live class meetings a day, taking attendance, monitoring the chat box, doing 1 on 1 study halls, and tracking a few hundred assignments. It was not fun, let me tell you. Online teaching is hard and emotionally draining. Thankfully, we're in-person this school year, with some modifications. It's actually been pretty good, my school is very strong on their policies for covid safety.

Looking forward to making some new habits here with NF.

I don't know, seems to me better version of myself=superhero.   Mindset and mental awareness work is so damn hard.  It seems if you can successfully make shifts there, then the rest will seem easier in comparison. 

daily dare   46 45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1