Jump to content

Red1263 Moves Forward into 2021


Red1263

Recommended Posts

Last we left Red1263, he resumed his training under Orthos. During his time under the pollen of the Mendacium flower, he discovered that he was missing a part of himself. He once strove to complete the crystal shard that he still possesses, but that journey had been left unfulfilled due to the random direction Life had taken him...

 

"OI! Get back to work!" Orthos bellowed. "Time is starting to run out! And you're nowhere near ready for the test!"

 

2.png.407c9ae286b7f57fb36a4ea3b51bce6e.png

 

Red1263 looked puzzled. "Test? What test? You mean this isn't the test?!" "Of course not, boy!" Orthos gaffaws. "I just needed someone to clean up around here, and you just happened to show up!" 

 

4.png.20ba70baaee91130898e9ba9174f5b28.png

 

"Now, now, don't get your chainmail all bunched up! The real test is actually 3 parts and each part is more difficult than the last. But you'll be in Pros' trail by then. So you still have time. But you'll fail unless you don't pick up the pace!" Frustrated, Red1263 yelled back, "What are you talking about? Who's Pros? And if this isn't preparing me for the test, then why am I doing this? Why are you wasting my time!?" Upon hearing this Orthos got unusually quiet. "Do you think you are 'wasting your time' here, boy?" Red1263 was taken aback by this question, "I-- well-- No--"

 

Orthos, with the same solemn tone continued, "Every experience, whether good or bad, is just that: Experience. You have no idea what lessons are being learned without your knowing, and what will help you in your journey in the future. Stop rushing recklessly into the future and focus on where you are now.  Be present and you will see that all of this is meant to help you grow." 

 

Red1263 stood there, surprized at the sudden wisdom coming from Orthos (whom at this point, Red1263 thought was drunk this whole time). "I... I... I'm sorry. You're right. I've been a Jerk and--"

 

5.png.9557db0ef7e40bbf76899f5815f0a3f1.png

 

"Oh psshhhh! Don't look so surprized! I meant what I said. But you can either stand there and waste time being a jerk, OR you can continue to hustle and move forward. So what'll it be?" Red1263, smiled and let out a defeated chuckle, "Heh heh, Move forward."

 

7.png.26490c0498d1a660d954edd0ade9e785.png

 

So this year, I'm going to dedicate the following challenges to checking things off a list that I've always wanted to. The items are in no order, nor do they really relate to each other, but I'll probably build a challenge theme around them (who am I kidding? Of course I will :P). So for now, my goals for this challenge is the following:

 

  1. Continue the routine I made from the last challenge
    1. Spoiler
      • Scout Monday

        • Time: 36:11 (as of 28DEC2020)

      • Warrior Assassin Wednesday: BW exercises + 10 reps max, aim for 3 sets

        • Push-up Burpees: 10, 10
        • Curl to Overhead press: 7 @ 30 lbs, 4 @ 30 lbs
        • BW Goblet Squats: 15 @ 25 lbs, 15 @ 30 lbs
        • Chest Press: 10 @ 40 lbs, 10 @ 40 lbs
        • Side Lunges: 10, 10
        • 1-arm Rows: 10 @ 40 lbs, 10 @ 40 lbs
      • Monk Druid Friday: 3 rounds of Muay thai followed by Yoga
        • Warm-up
        • Round 1: Free shadowboxing
        • Round 2: Balancing Teep kicks
        • Round 3: Strike combos and move
        • Yoga

       

  2. Spend 30 mins studying/Reading Orthotics 4 times a week
  3. Get to bed at 11pm every night

 

As for that list, here it is in no particular order:

  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

 

  • Like 13

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Red1263 said:

"I just needed someone to clean up around here, and you just happened to show up!" 

*laughs in Mr. Miyagi*

 

One day they're going to do a remake of these Red1263 challenges and it's going to be all shiny graphics but it just won't feel like the originals, you know?

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Love the cross-guild challenge! Any thoughts on what song you want to learn? 
 

 

  • Like 1

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

 

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

Link to comment
20 hours ago, Harriet said:

Warrior just on Wednesdays, eh? Fair enough, I may have dual classed myself (I was tempted with the lovely new buttons and tags). Glory to your goblet squats!

 

Red's ahead of me on that...I've only committed to whiskey on Wednesdays.

 

Super happy to see you keeping Scout Monday. And I'll be joining you on the pull-ups (just prep work for me...I'm nowhere close, but it's the journey/effort that counts...unless you actually need to pull yourself up a cliff or something).

 

 

  • Like 3

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

 

Link to comment
22 hours ago, Harriet said:

Warrior just on Wednesdays, eh? Fair enough, I may have dual classed myself (I was tempted with the lovely new buttons and tags). Glory to your goblet squats!

Yes. I have the opportunity to really play/experiment and finetune my workout routine. So I wanted to see what works best and also where I can improve. 

 

13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

*laughs in Mr. Miyagi*

 

One day they're going to do a remake of these Red1263 challenges and it's going to be all shiny graphics but it just won't feel like the originals, you know?

I understood that reference - GIF on Imgur

 

Dude! Imagine if they reached 64 bits?! It'd be revolutionary!

 

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hey Red, I'll be here following along.

Hey hey Tank! Glad to have you!

 

12 hours ago, theophilus said:

Love the cross-guild challenge! Any thoughts on what song you want to learn? 
 

 

I've always wanted to learn "Wake Me Up When September Ends" My dad died in Sept. and although he wasn't a Green Day fan, the singer wrote that song because his dad died, so it is kinda something I share with him. Weird, isn't it?

 

1 hour ago, Xena said:

 

Red's ahead of me on that...I've only committed to whiskey on Wednesdays.

 

Super happy to see you keeping Scout Monday. And I'll be joining you on the pull-ups (just prep work for me...I'm nowhere close, but it's the journey/effort that counts...unless you actually need to pull yourself up a cliff or something).

 

 

Ha ha ha! If I wasn't currently on-call for these next two weeks, I would've been about a 1/4 way through the Tequila bottle I got as a present for Christmas.

 

I actually like running. What's funny is that if I don't run for a long time, my body completely forgets how to breathe when I run again. Pull-ups are on my goal list for the year, but maybe we can do a co-op challenge for it!

 

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

DID SOMEBODY SAY TEEPS

 

VengefulAggravatingImago-max-1mb.gif

Anime Surprised Gif On Gifer By Akirisar Surprised Anime GIF - LowGif

 

Hey hey!

 

1 hour ago, juliebarkley said:

Ooh, handstands and pullups!

Hey hey! Yes, those are on my list for 2021! 

 

*   *   *

 

So today has been a day! It all started yesterday when I learned at 11:30 pm, just as I'm about to climb into bed, that I'm actually on-call and have NOT prepared for it, nor was told that I was on-call (I tend to stay on top of my on-call shifts, due to my work ethic) So my first night of attempting to go to sleep at 11pm was already out the window :P . Today I did a half day at work because I had a DMV appointment to get my license and my car registered. Didn't even eat any breakfast nor pack a lunch, this will be quick, I thought. So I'm at the DMV and getting my license done was ~30 mins, Easy peasy Lemon squeezy. Getting my car registered? TWO. HOURS... and 30 mins. While I was waiting, I got a call to deliver a knee brace. I left the hospital at 7 pm, the problem was that the last time I ate something was at 9am. I was so hungry that I was getting to the point where I was about to bite someone. Needless to say I ordered the nearest food that I think would be filling and took it home. I'm now full and it's already 9pm and any hopes of Warrior Assassin Wednesday is already out the window.

 

TL,DR: My day was unexpectedly long and I didn't workout today 

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

So today has been a day! It all started yesterday when I learned at 11:30 pm, just as I'm about to climb into bed, that I'm actually on-call and have NOT prepared for it, nor was told that I was on-call (I tend to stay on top of my on-call shifts, due to my work ethic) So my first night of attempting to go to sleep at 11pm was already out the window :P . Today I did a half day at work because I had a DMV appointment to get my license and my car registered. Didn't even eat any breakfast nor pack a lunch, this will be quick, I thought. So I'm at the DMV and getting my license done was ~30 mins, Easy peasy Lemon squeezy. Getting my car registered? TWO. HOURS... and 30 mins. While I was waiting, I got a call to deliver a knee brace. I left the hospital at 7 pm, the problem was that the last time I ate something was at 9am. I was so hungry that I was getting to the point where I was about to bite someone. Needless to say I ordered the nearest food that I think would be filling and took it home. I'm now full and it's already 9pm and any hopes of Warrior Assassin Wednesday is already out the window.

 

TL,DR: My day was unexpectedly long and I didn't workout today 

 

 

Oof, mad day. Good luck surviving it and not biting anyone. I assume you didn't bite anyone.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

Link to comment

Finally getting around to following threads and I wouldn't miss a Red thread for the world!

So here I am.  Love your plan as always.  Love your extra list.  I want to incorporate those some more myself.

  • Like 2

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

 

 

Link to comment
14 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I left the hospital at 7 pm, the problem was that the last time I ate something was at 9am. I was so hungry that I was getting to the point where I was about to bite someone. Needless to say I ordered the nearest food that I think would be filling and took it home.

 

Good decision. Humans are full of trans fats, artificial flavorings and all these weird preservatives. Junk food, or whatever you were able to get your hands on, was definitely the healthier choice.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Link to comment
On 12/31/2020 at 1:29 AM, Red1263 said:

Today I did a half day at work because I had a DMV appointment to get my license and my car registered. Didn't even eat any breakfast nor pack a lunch, this will be quick, I thought. So I'm at the DMV and getting my license done was ~30 mins, Easy peasy Lemon squeezy. Getting my car registered? TWO. HOURS... and 30 mins.

34c4620588b2d80acbec515f62f3f434.gif

 

On 12/30/2020 at 1:00 AM, Red1263 said:

Orthos, with the same solemn tone continued, "Every experience, whether good or bad, is just that: Experience. You have no idea what lessons are being learned without your knowing, and what will help you in your journey in the future. Stop rushing recklessly into the future and focus on where you are now.  Be present and you will see that all of this is meant to help you grow." 

 

scoldingyoda.jpg

 

This is something I've had to learn, repeatedly, throughout the years. It's good to have future plans, but also good to see and appreciate what's here and now. 

 

Following, of course. Because you're awesome. 

  • Like 3

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

 

Link to comment

Really like the checklist for the year, lots of good stuff in there. What's the plan for working on the handstands?

  • Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Link to comment
On 12/30/2020 at 11:25 PM, Harriet said:

 

 

Oof, mad day. Good luck surviving it and not biting anyone. I assume you didn't bite anyone.

... yeah... Let's go with that... 😏

 

On 12/31/2020 at 6:28 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hanger is no joke, you were right to get something to eat, no matter what it was. 

I don't get angry, I just get really drained and Zombie-like. Now take away my food, and then we're going to have words!

 

On 12/31/2020 at 7:25 AM, Starpuck said:

Finally getting around to following threads and I wouldn't miss a Red thread for the world!

So here I am.  Love your plan as always.  Love your extra list.  I want to incorporate those some more myself.

Hey hey! I'm glad you're here Puck! I'm sorry I missed you on Discord! I had to restart my laptop.

Well let me know and we could do a co-op challenge or something!

 

On 12/31/2020 at 8:44 AM, Athena said:

 

You worked out your beast muscles... WHAT A DAY! Hope you can get some rest?

Oh yeah, once I ate food, I transformed back into a happy Red1263 ^_^ 

 

On 12/31/2020 at 12:52 PM, Scaly Freak said:

 

Good decision. Humans are full of trans fats, artificial flavorings and all these weird preservatives. Junk food, or whatever you were able to get your hands on, was definitely the healthier choice.

Ha ha ha! That's funny! And being here in Vegas, they probably have other things coursing through their system :P 

 

On 12/31/2020 at 7:42 PM, Kishi said:

Sometimes it's a matter of rolling with your circumstances. Be easy and mindful of your next chance. You'll find it soon enough.

Precisely! Some days I stuff myself, others, I starve myself.

 

Perfectly Balanced Thanos GIF - PerfectlyBalanced Thanos InfinityWar -  Discover & Share GIFs

 

12 hours ago, Manarelle said:

34c4620588b2d80acbec515f62f3f434.gif

 

 

scoldingyoda.jpg

 

This is something I've had to learn, repeatedly, throughout the years. It's good to have future plans, but also good to see and appreciate what's here and now. 

 

Following, of course. Because you're awesome. 

Yes! EXACTLY!

 

Ha ha ha, I forgot Yoda said that. But you're absolutely right, that's my standard mindset and I have to break that habit. 

 

Pin on Dean Winchester

 

11 hours ago, Jarric said:

Really like the checklist for the year, lots of good stuff in there. What's the plan for working on the handstands?

Oh, I was going to build up my arms, chest and shoulder muscles first and then follow the NF article on it.

 

7 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

*bursts into your challenge in Kramer-like fashion* Whoa, Red, I made it! Following along.

 

Open Door Kramer Entrance GIF by HULU - Find & Share on GIPHY

 

Glad to have you, Fitnessgurl! You're always on time!

 

*   *   *

 

OK, I am happy to report that today was a productive day! I did Monk/Druid Friday!

3 rounds of Muay thai for 3 mins with a 1 min break in between followed by Yoga after a 2 min break

  • Warm-up
  • Round 1: Free shadowboxing
  • Round 2: Balancing Teep kicks
  • Round 3: Strike combos and move
  • Yoga

I feel really good despite having no idea how many hours of sleep I've gotten (I've gotten 2 hospital calls at ~3 AM and have pretty much stayed up for the rest of the day). I also don't know how much coffee I've drank! But on the plus side! Those 3am calls came with a pretty cute Nurse. 😊

  • Like 9

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Link to comment

Here and following again.  

 

Do you have any resources already picked out for learning your guitar song?

  • Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to comment
13 hours ago, Red1263 said:

OK, I am happy to report that today was a productive day! I did Monk/Druid Friday!

3 rounds of Muay thai for 3 mins with a 1 min break in between followed by Yoga after a 2 min break

  • Warm-up
  • Round 1: Free shadowboxing
  • Round 2: Balancing Teep kicks
  • Round 3: Strike combos and move
  • Yoga

 

Looking good! What's a teep kick?

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Looking good! What's a teep kick?

Muay Thai Kick GIF by FIGHTMAG

Basically a front thrust kick, no hip/torso rotation. Real long reach, but slow and obvious enough for the opponent to maybe hook your leg in. Depending on surface of impact, it can be done using the entire sole of the foot to push an opponent off balance and generate som distance or just the tip of the fingers for a spear jab-like strike that hurts more and might get the wind out of their lungs.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
On 1/1/2021 at 11:42 PM, Red1263 said:

I feel really good despite having no idea how many hours of sleep I've gotten (I've gotten 2 hospital calls at ~3 AM and have pretty much stayed up for the rest of the day). I also don't know how much coffee I've drank! But on the plus side! Those 3am calls came with a pretty cute Nurse. 😊

 

Hahaha, nice bonus! Glad to hear you're doing ok. Is this a rotating on-call thing where you're on for a bit and then off, or are you just on call forever? 

  • Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

 

Link to comment
21 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Muay Thai Kick GIF by FIGHTMAG

Basically a front thrust kick, no hip/torso rotation. Real long reach, but slow and obvious enough for the opponent to maybe hook your leg in. Depending on surface of impact, it can be done using the entire sole of the foot to push an opponent off balance and generate som distance or just the tip of the fingers for a spear jab-like strike that hurts more and might get the wind out of their lungs.

 

When my AP guy at work was working with me on the heavy bag in the warehouse gym - he taught me this teep kick thing!!   Maaan I miss working on the bag.  (Warehouse is off limits for front office workers during covid precautions.)  

 

Glad for the better update!   Woot woot, a one and done, off day.  Nice nice.

  • Like 2

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

 

 

Link to comment
On 1/2/2021 at 5:46 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Here and following again.  

 

Do you have any resources already picked out for learning your guitar song?

There are a couple of websites that I have saved for the time when I'm serious enough to dedicate learning the guitar. This is one of them. Until this year, they were only Underpants that I would be collecting expecting profit from it somehow :P

 

On 1/2/2021 at 10:40 AM, Harriet said:

 

Looking good! What's a teep kick?

D_R perfectly explained it. It's like a punch but from your foot!

 

On 1/2/2021 at 11:55 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Muay Thai Kick GIF by FIGHTMAG

Basically a front thrust kick, no hip/torso rotation. Real long reach, but slow and obvious enough for the opponent to maybe hook your leg in. Depending on surface of impact, it can be done using the entire sole of the foot to push an opponent off balance and generate som distance or just the tip of the fingers for a spear jab-like strike that hurts more and might get the wind out of their lungs.

Excellent example

 

13 hours ago, Manarelle said:

 

Hahaha, nice bonus! Glad to hear you're doing ok. Is this a rotating on-call thing where you're on for a bit and then off, or are you just on call forever? 

It's rotating, but seeing as to how I'm the new guy (also the poor guy), I want to take more shifts so that I can continue to live my "lavish" lifestyle 😂. In all seriousness, I learn best when I'm in the thick of it, so when I see these patients first hand, I can visually see and also explain how the devices work to them (which benefits me because then I solidify the information into my own memory). 

 

10 hours ago, Starpuck said:

 

When my AP guy at work was working with me on the heavy bag in the warehouse gym - he taught me this teep kick thing!!   Maaan I miss working on the bag.  (Warehouse is off limits for front office workers during covid precautions.)  

 

Glad for the better update!   Woot woot, a one and done, off day.  Nice nice.

OOO That sounds great! Although that sucks about the warehouse. You can always make your own bag and kick that?

  • Like 4

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines