Mad Hatter tries not to self destruct

1 minute ago, sarakingdom said:

I see a bum bag/fanny pack translation here...

This is a hygge:

Spoiler

Hygge på svenska | SV,EN lexikon | Tyda

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

1 minute ago, Scaly Freak said:

This is a hygge:

More SFW than expected. Also, while attractive, not obviously linguistically related in any way, unless perhaps Swedes get very nostalgic and cozy about birch clearings, or Danes make all their twinkly lights from birch twigs, cozy sweaters from twisted birch bark fiber, and hot drinks from birch beer.

• Haha 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

I managed to clean the kitchen yesterday. In tiny chunks with lots of breaks inspired by @sarakingdom. 🙂 And today I went for a short walk.

I feel a little better now.  But I believe, finally, that I really do need help. It might sound a little silly considering I already started the process a few months back, but this last little mood swing interlude scared me. I also believed things were getting better (excluding 2020 for obvious reasons), but when I looked through the last 4 years of challenges I don't think that's true at all. And even if it were true, it's still not good. Time moves so fast it's easy to miss the big picture, and I've lost so, so much time. I've also lost a lot of belief in myself, from this roller coaster of over enthusiasm, burnout and sadness. I don't know if there's anything "wrong" with me, but clearly I haven't been able to figure out how to deal with it effectively on my own, and blaming it on my job has only been a distraction.

On a more light note, reading through the challenges made it very obvious that I think movement is really, really fun! It used to be such a big part of my identity, and when my energy ran out in the first lockdown and I stopped everything for months I completely forgot it, or perhaps denied it. Except, it makes no sense that I would suddenly stop loving something I've loved for years. I want to bring it back.

I don't have much positive to say about 2020, but looking back one thing stands out. After years of false starts I really dove into art. And then I trashed it. I don't know why, a combination of feeling like it's a waste of time, that it's pointless and perhaps becoming all too consumed by it the month or two before I stopped. When my friend asked me if I perhaps finally found "my thing " after seeing how much I got out of it, it sent me reeling back and I never did start another project. I've barely even picked up a pen. And I lost another piece of me. I think it'd be good to try again.

Not the most grand 2021 goals, they're not even goals. But it's something.

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 3
52 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I feel a little better now.  But I believe, finally, that I really do need help. It might sound a little silly considering I already started the process a few months back, but this last little mood swing interlude scared me. I also believed things were getting better (excluding 2020 for obvious reasons), but when I looked through the last 4 years of challenges I don't think that's true at all. And even if it were true, it's still not good. Time moves so fast it's easy to miss the big picture, and I've lost so, so much time. I've also lost a lot of belief in myself, from this roller coaster of over enthusiasm, burnout and sadness. I don't know if there's anything "wrong" with me, but clearly I haven't been able to figure out how to deal with it effectively on my own, and blaming it on my job has only been a distraction.

I've been having periods like this, too, on and off, and it's something I'm trying hard to guard against right now, between standard 2020 and life things. So I'm with you on this.

Also, I'm very pleased you cleaned your kitchen with lots of breaks. Even if I'm avoiding mine. :)

55 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I stopped everything for months I completely forgot it, or perhaps denied it. Except, it makes no sense that I would suddenly stop loving something I've loved for years. I want to bring it back.

This is one of those things I wouldn't freak out about, although it's tempting, and considering it a priming the pump problem. Your pump got rusty.  We find the right oil, maybe give it a surface brush, a few trials to clean it off, and then it'll free up.

• Like 4

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

I managed to clean the kitchen yesterday. In tiny chunks with lots of breaks inspired by @sarakingdom. 🙂 And today I went for a short walk.

Two wins! :)

On a more light note, reading through the challenges made it very obvious that I think movement is really, really fun! It used to be such a big part of my identity, and when my energy ran out in the first lockdown and I stopped everything for months I completely forgot it, or perhaps denied it. Except, it makes no sense that I would suddenly stop loving something I've loved for years. I want to bring it back.

This is great, movement is great. Do you have any plans for what kind of movement you want to try? Something old? Something new? I really recommend just putting on some music you like and moving to that. It's low key and can really help clean the head. 

After years of false starts I really dove into art. And then I trashed it. I don't know why, a combination of feeling like it's a waste of time, that it's pointless and perhaps becoming all too consumed by it the month or two before I stopped. When my friend asked me if I perhaps finally found "my thing " after seeing how much I got out of it, it sent me reeling back and I never did start another project. I've barely even picked up a pen. And I lost another piece of me. I think it'd be good to try again.

Art is also such a great thing to pursue. 

Ooooh do you like coloring things? Like coloring books for adults or mandalas? Really soothing as well. 

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Finished the first book today and loaded up my kindle with the rest! 😄

Which one are you going to read next? :D And what did you like the most about the first one? 

• Like 1

Previous challenges: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I don't know if there's anything "wrong" with me, but clearly I haven't been able to figure out how to deal with it effectively on my own, and blaming it on my job has only been a distraction.

There is nothing wrong with needing help. If there was, there's something wrong with everyone who comes to The Rebellion looking for it help. ;) 

If you haven't already, take a moment to be proud of how far you have come, and the insights you've achieved. Facing ourselves and acknowledge that we need help is scary and a lot more difficult than it seems and it should be. 

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Time moves so fast it's easy to miss the big picture, and I've lost so, so much time. I've also lost a lot of belief in myself, from this roller coaster of over enthusiasm, burnout and sadness. I don't know if there's anything "wrong" with me, but clearly I haven't been able to figure out how to deal with it effectively on my own, and blaming it on my job has only been a distraction.

I'm am sad that things have been such a struggle for you, but hopeful that you are now seeing a big picture and getting ready to address it.

Yes. I don't think it's usual to totally lose interesting in sport if you loved it. Definitely worth investigating.

I don't have much positive to say about 2020, but looking back one thing stands out. After years of false starts I really dove into art. And then I trashed it. I don't know why, a combination of feeling like it's a waste of time, that it's pointless and perhaps becoming all too consumed by it the month or two before I stopped. When my friend asked me if I perhaps finally found "my thing " after seeing how much I got out of it, it sent me reeling back and I never did start another project. I've barely even picked up a pen. And I lost another piece of me. I think it'd be good to try again.

Good. Maybe start with something easy and enjoyable? I personally find quick observational paintings the easiest and most enjoyable, but for a while I told myself I HAD to do classes and constructive drawing because that's what I'm weak in. Instead of getting better, I got blocked, and didn't paint for a while. Wrong strategy. Also, it's not all lost. The practice you did, the XP you earned... they're still yours and you won't be starting from scratch.

I don't think a cloche would be the right shape for a wolfhound, since cloches are very round, and wolfhounds are quite long and pointy. I think the cloche should go on a dog with a really blocky skull, like a rottweiler.

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

11 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yes! Your enthusiasm about hand-balancing and bendy stuff was one of the motivations for me to also do those things on and off over the years. When coming up with possible goals for this year, I literally asked myself "what kind of stuff did Mad Hatter do?" because you always make it look like so much fun :).

13 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Excellent! Anything stand out? Favorite moments, stuff that spoke to you?

I always find with Pratchett's books is that there's seldom a favourite moment but many little ones and I can't say there was anything particular. I always appreciate his physics, for example the parallel universe as a trouser leg analogy and this quote:

“The truth is that even big collections of ordinary books distort space, as can readily be proved by anyone who has been around a really old-fashioned secondhand bookshop, one that looks as though they were designed by M. Escher on a bad day and has more stairways than storeys and those rows of shelves which end in little doors that are surely too small for a full-sized human to enter. The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read.”

Also the whole scene with the Patrician in the dungeon and his take on good and evil. 👌

I was, too. If I hadn't bought a Christmas tree back in October in a particularly clearsighted "I will celebrate all the holidays, fuck covid" moment, I wouldn't have bothered. I got it all up at literally the last minute, was still getting stuff onto the tree Christmas morning, and it was like shit transformed. I still have presents under it, and a bin of crochet and coloring books. I'm going to keep the holiday snack bowls stocked under it. I've literally slept in flickering tree candlelight, because I can. I'm putting on more bells and gilded pine cones. It will be my winter tree, and it will stay as long as winter. So not feeling it is a thing that can benefit from a little trial and error to find the right headology trigger. :)

On my one day of feeling good I went to the forest and picked some branches and decorated them. 🙂 It's still a nice reminder.

I understand, and my sleep schedule is also terrible, so doubly tricky. In the Hogswatch challenge, it was super helpful for me even to make the list of things I would do to plan and seasonally theme the short winter hibernations, so it was An Event. I wasn't committing to every night, or a routine, but one small celebration of sleep and winter coziness, and the plan was just enough to get me a little into it most times. So if you were up for it, we could just write up some lists in our threads, but, like, with more comradely togetherness. Not even necessarily committing to an extra act of self-care, just... practicing planning one.

I think I could do this. 🙂

12 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

This is a hygge:

Reveal hidden contents

Hygge på svenska | SV,EN lexikon | Tyda

I had no idea! 😄

12 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

More SFW than expected. Also, while attractive, not obviously linguistically related in any way, unless perhaps Swedes get very nostalgic and cozy about birch clearings, or Danes make all their twinkly lights from birch twigs, cozy sweaters from twisted birch bark fiber, and hot drinks from birch beer.

Well birch tea is a thing! And sap, and oil, and perhaps not clothes but baskets and ropes and mats. Among many other uses. 

11 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I've been having periods like this, too, on and off, and it's something I'm trying hard to guard against right now, between standard 2020 and life things. So I'm with you on this.

Also, I'm very pleased you cleaned your kitchen with lots of breaks. Even if I'm avoiding mine. :)

This is one of those things I wouldn't freak out about, although it's tempting, and considering it a priming the pump problem. Your pump got rusty.  We find the right oil, maybe give it a surface brush, a few trials to clean it off, and then it'll free up.

I just don't know how to do that. I keep trying things but nothing sticks...

I'm avoiding many other things, so it evens out. 😄

I hope so! Though this time it feels more like I misplaced the pump. But it doesn't mean it's not there!

10 hours ago, Epsilonte said:

This is great, movement is great. Do you have any plans for what kind of movement you want to try? Something old? Something new? I really recommend just putting on some music you like and moving to that. It's low key and can really help clean the head. 

I think I want to explore pole more. ☺️ Putting on music and just gently swishing about the pole is one of the few things I've been able to do lately. Tiny amounts, like half a song here and there, but it's been incredibly helpful in getting out of my head, and into my body and my breath, as you say. It's also one of the things that still keeps inspiring me, particularly exotic pole.

Art is also such a great thing to pursue. 

Ooooh do you like coloring things? Like coloring books for adults or mandalas? Really soothing as well. 

Nope, I tried but found it a bit boring. And the whole colouring within the lines is too restrictive. 😛

Even if I had liked it I'm not sure it would've been a good thing for me. I can get quite obsessive about things like that. Like jigsaw puzzles for examples, I get into a mode where I HAVE TO FINISH at the expense of useful things like sleep and food...  

Which one are you going to read next? :D And what did you like the most about the first one? 

Per recommendation, the next one in the Watch series! 😄 I just love the sense of humour and the deep truths sprinkled in.

5 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

There is nothing wrong with needing help. If there was, there's something wrong with everyone who comes to The Rebellion looking for it help. ;) 

If you haven't already, take a moment to be proud of how far you have come, and the insights you've achieved. Facing ourselves and acknowledge that we need help is scary and a lot more difficult than it seems and it should be. 

I know I know. I just never believed I needed it. But the "numbers" tell a different story.

I'll... work on it. I realize there's no point in asking for help before you're ready, but I still feel a bit like I failed. I'm not sure at what. I'll work on it. 🙂

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

I'm am sad that things have been such a struggle for you, but hopeful that you are now seeing a big picture and getting ready to address it.

Yes. I don't think it's usual to totally lose interesting in sport if you loved it. Definitely worth investigating.

Good. Maybe start with something easy and enjoyable? I personally find quick observational paintings the easiest and most enjoyable, but for a while I told myself I HAD to do classes and constructive drawing because that's what I'm weak in. Instead of getting better, I got blocked, and didn't paint for a while. Wrong strategy. Also, it's not all lost. The practice you did, the XP you earned... they're still yours and you won't be starting from scratch.

I don't think a cloche would be the right shape for a wolfhound, since cloches are very round, and wolfhounds are quite long and pointy. I think the cloche should go on a dog with a really blocky skull, like a rottweiler.

It's just been impossible to see from an inside perspective. When I get out of the funks it's like they never happened and it was all a dream and there's no sense of time scale.

Yes it's just not very logical is it.

I think maybe doing some master studies could be a way to start. They're not easy as such, but there's no pressure when you're pretending to be a different person.

I only accept photo evidence to prove me wrong! 😛

27 minutes ago, Waanie said:

Yes! Your enthusiasm about hand-balancing and bendy stuff was one of the motivations for me to also do those things on and off over the years. When coming up with possible goals for this year, I literally asked myself "what kind of stuff did Mad Hatter do?" because you always make it look like so much fun :).

Oh wow that's awesome, had no idea! Hopefully I can get back to that. 🙂

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

It's just been impossible to see from an inside perspective. When I get out of the funks it's like they never happened and it was all a dream and there's no sense of time scale.

Yes, I'm familiar with that phenomenon. Nerdfitness has helped me get a bit of continuity and perspective. To collect data for my future battles.

Yes it's just not very logical is it.

I think maybe doing some master studies could be a way to start. They're not easy as such, but there's no pressure when you're pretending to be a different person.

It takes the pressure off you to manage composition, colours, etc, all at the same time (something I struggle with if I have to do them all at once) and you can use your observational skills, which is one of the nice relaxing bits.

I only accept photo evidence to prove me wrong! 😛

Actually, you were right. The cloche is better suited to the wolfhound than the rottweiler. Diagram below:

Spoiler

930818948_clochedogs.jpg.25c78cca380992f168e7d731c7969f84.jpg

• Like 3

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Hey happy New Year dear Mad Hatter, whatever day you like it to be :)

5 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Nope, I tried but found it a bit boring. And the whole colouring within the lines is too restrictive. 😛

he he this is so you :P

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

When my friend asked me if I perhaps finally found "my thing " after seeing how much I got out of it

I don't think I have a "thing". I see people who do and it's amazing to see (the dedication, the clarity of path, the progress and so on). But I don't have that really. I mean I get into things I like (aerial, handstands, drawings...) and I've kept a fairly advanced level of nerdiness when coding. But it goes by waves really.  Art in particular. It comes and go. I get super absorbed for a while and then it dwindles away. I'll pick it up again and get absorbed again. I don't feel I really excel at one thing. I'm quite good in a few areas (that change over time lol), and I learn relatively quickly but up to a threshold and then I get bored or maybe a bit annoyed because I see the excellence level and whatever plateau I am at, and there is such a gap. So mhm. But well. I rationalize it as being a bridge / interdisciplinary person. I have my uses and purposes I guess, all in plural :D 

I sure hope I can see again more of your art, and pole and handstand videos, and the hobbit walks too :)

• Like 2

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

* I very much relate the "losing confidence in yourself" after rollercoaster(s), and the feeling like the episodes never happened :)

Spoiler

I do believe that my tendency to overthink + neuroticism helped me a little in that regard, because after each episode since my 17-18 y.o. deep deep pit I started gathering notes on what got me out of the down... of the (co)sinus graph haha (if I may pretend it is so even and regular).

There are pluses and minuses to everything 😅

* Sounds good 🤩 Looking forward to reading hibernation plans.

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

15 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

This is a hygge

15 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

not obviously linguistically related in any way

"hygge", in the way Scaly is using it is actually just slang/short for "kalhygge" which comes from the two words "kal" = bare and "hygge" ~= "hugga" = chop. So a "halhygge" is literally any place where all trees (not just birch) have been chopped down so it's all bare :) 

• Like 1

Wow, almost to page 3 before I manage to show up.   Here now, though :)   

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I wanted to say something nice and deep about your art crisis, but I'd probably end up saying something stupid because brain is goofy lately, so I'll just say that I enjoyed your drawing very much, specially your critters, and that I hope we'll be seeing more of it.

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I think I want to explore pole more. ☺️ Putting on music and just gently swishing about the pole is one of the few things I've been able to do lately. Tiny amounts, like half a song here and there, but it's been incredibly helpful in getting out of my head, and into my body and my breath, as you say. It's also one of the things that still keeps inspiring me, particularly exotic pole.

Yeeeees more pole!! :D :D I was hoping you would say that. :) 

Dancing it out it simply the best. :) 

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Haha, true that. :) I like doing it once in a while, while listening to podcasts or audio books, just to keep my hands occupied. That's why I was thinking of it. But free drawing is much much cooler anyway! :D 

4 hours ago, Tobbe said:

"hygge", in the way Scaly is using it is actually just slang/short for "kalhygge" which comes from the two words "kal" = bare and "hygge" ~= "hugga" = chop. So a "kalhygge" is literally any place where all trees (not just birch) have been chopped down so it's all bare :) 

Well, I did grow up in the northern part of Norrland. Skipping the unnecessary syllables when we speak is kind of what we do there. ;) 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

5 hours ago, Harriet said:

Yes, I'm familiar with that phenomenon. Nerdfitness has helped me get a bit of continuity and perspective. To collect data for my future battles.

It takes the pressure off you to manage composition, colours, etc, all at the same time (something I struggle with if I have to do them all at once) and you can use your observational skills, which is one of the nice relaxing bits.

Actually, you were right. The cloche is better suited to the wolfhound than the rottweiler. Diagram below:

Reveal hidden contents

930818948_clochedogs.jpg.25c78cca380992f168e7d731c7969f84.jpg

Same! 

Yes exactly. But we'll see, maybe I'll just doodle. Starting is the first crux. 🙂

Most excellent! Now we must field test this hypothesis. 

5 hours ago, @mu said:

Hey happy New Year dear Mad Hatter, whatever day you like it to be :)

he he this is so you :P

I don't think I have a "thing". I see people who do and it's amazing to see (the dedication, the clarity of path, the progress and so on). But I don't have that really. I mean I get into things I like (aerial, handstands, drawings...) and I've kept a fairly advanced level of nerdiness when coding. But it goes by waves really.  Art in particular. It comes and go. I get super absorbed for a while and then it dwindles away. I'll pick it up again and get absorbed again. I don't feel I really excel at one thing. I'm quite good in a few areas (that change over time lol), and I learn relatively quickly but up to a threshold and then I get bored or maybe a bit annoyed because I see the excellence level and whatever plateau I am at, and there is such a gap. So mhm. But well. I rationalize it as being a bridge / interdisciplinary person. I have my uses and purposes I guess, all in plural :D 

I sure hope I can see again more of your art, and pole and handstand videos, and the hobbit walks too :)

Maybe I'll do all of the new years. 😄

Haha 😄

I don't think there's a need for a thing. It'd make life simpler in some ways, but there's a lot of value in being able to do many things too (especially for creativity) and the world needs all kinds of people. I don't think I'll ever have one thing either, there are just too many interesting things out there! 

I hope so too! 

4 hours ago, Athena said:

* I very much relate the "losing confidence in yourself" after rollercoaster(s), and the feeling like the episodes never happened :)

Reveal hidden contents

I do believe that my tendency to overthink + neuroticism helped me a little in that regard, because after each episode since my 17-18 y.o. deep deep pit I started gathering notes on what got me out of the down... of the (co)sinus graph haha (if I may pretend it is so even and regular).

There are pluses and minuses to everything 😅

* Sounds good 🤩 Looking forward to reading hibernation plans.

I'd give a lot to understand what the switches are! Or that it would be a pretty graph. But alas we're not robots. 😄

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wow, almost to page 3 before I manage to show up.   Here now, though :)   

Yay! You haven't missed anything. 😄

2 hours ago, Lara said:

I wanted to say something nice and deep about your art crisis, but I'd probably end up saying something stupid because brain is goofy lately, so I'll just say that I enjoyed your drawing very much, specially your critters, and that I hope we'll be seeing more of it.

Haha I doubt you'd say anything goofy. But thank you, I appreciate it! I will try to make it happen!  

33 minutes ago, Epsilonte said:

Yeeeees more pole!! :D :D I was hoping you would say that. :) 

Dancing it out it simply the best. :) 

Haha, true that. :) I like doing it once in a while, while listening to podcasts or audio books, just to keep my hands occupied. That's why I was thinking of it. But free drawing is much much cooler anyway! :D 

Hahaha I thought you might like that answer. 😄 Dancing it out is great. I don't really have a movement vocabulary, or ahem, the fitness, to really get into it, so that's something to work on.

I still also want to do climbing and stuff like that, but that's more of a high energy/social thing. But dancing is always an available option and it doesn't matter if I get "weak and fat", there's always something to do.

I can see that, many people love it! Anything that brings comfort or soothes is a great option.

• Like 5

Just keep dancing, the rest will come (back). :D 

I loooooove dancing in leggings and fluffy socks just around the base of the pole, twirling around, no need to do climbs or inverts or anything, just feeling the music and having fun. :) 

Climbing is so cool!! 

• Like 1

The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read.”

I'd forgotten this one, and it is excellent. Who does not love the Librarian, I ask you.

12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Also the whole scene with the Patrician in the dungeon and his take on good and evil. 👌

The Patrician's feelings on humdrum everyday badness, sin without the originality, and on dragons have been sustaining me for several years now.

On my one day of feeling good I went to the forest and picked some branches and decorated them. 🙂 It's still a nice reminder.

Can I tempt you with some flickery LED candles? Hmmmm? :D

Christmas Winter GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

I think I could do this. 🙂

Then we will do this. We will plan our winter hibernations.

Well birch tea is a thing! And sap, and oil, and perhaps not clothes but baskets and ropes and mats. Among many other uses. 

Hey, I knew it wasn't theoretically out of the question! Simply hilarious if true. :D

Per recommendation, the next one in the Watch series! 😄 I just love the sense of humour and the deep truths sprinkled in.

There is very little that a Pratchett book can't make better. It is a nice dose of lovely, wry humanity, right when it's needed. Being human is hard.

12 hours ago, Harriet said:

I adore your diagram, and that is the conclusion I'd have expected from 1920s human photos.

Turning on the music and dancing is fun, but I've learned over the years that... I do not know how. Like, my brain goes blank trying to find a goal-oriented context for it. Crazy.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Maybe I'll do all of the new years. 😄

I support this!!! 🎆

I also enjoy your drawings! And honestly everything you share here, so, unabashed fan here. 😜

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines