Aquarii - The Rise of a Bladesinger

Aquarii

10 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Today was just a long, rough day. I found out today that my dad has been diagnosed with some pretty serious health problems. And he is trying to "protect" the kids, so he isn't being very forthcoming with the details...but I know it is bad. 

So sorry to hear this. My dad did the same thing.

Hang in there. *hugs*

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Thankfully today went more smoothly at work, because I am definitely feeling a little worn thin from this week. I am just glad it is almost the weekend. I could use a couple days to let my brain decompress. 

It was around this time last week that I dropped off with my goals, so I need to make sure I am staying vigilant this time around. Not that I necessarily want to at the moment, but I know that all of my goals are very helpful for me and are probably what is actually helping me not have a mental breakdown, lol. This evening I decided to make some more of that cranberry salad I mentioned...I think it was last challenge. Anyway, my apartment now smells like cinnamon and cranberries. It is quite relaxing and cozy. 

I have been getting the details I can out of my dad, and some from my mom. He has been diagnosed with CHF, though he won't tell me what stage he is in. He keeps trying to say it is nothing to worry about, just has to get some more tests to assess the level of damage and if there are any clogged arteries, but no big deal. I know it is worse than he is letting on, and it is frustrating to not know enough to really be able to gauge the severity. It is MORE worrisome that way. I am hoping after he gets through all his testing, he will tell us more, but who knows. 

To everyone who has been checking in and keeping up, and I sorry I have not been replying as much or getting to everyone's threads. It has just been a really busy and exhausting (and stressful) week. I will try to catch up this weekend.

• Like 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 11 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

13 hours ago, Aquarii said:

To everyone who has been checking in and keeping up, and I sorry I have not been replying as much or getting to everyone's threads. It has just been a really busy and exhausting (and stressful) week. I will try to catch up this weekend.

No worries. *hugs*

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Whewwww, this week definitely gave me a run for my money. 

Don't Test Me GIFs | Tenor

BUT, I survived, so, time for a recap.

Challenge Goals:

Body of a Agile Swordswoman

- (STR/DEX) Strength and Agility: N/A (replaced with yoga this week)

- (DEX) Balance and Coordination: 4/5 - swing and a miss.

- (CON) Stamina: 5/4 - Woot

- (CON) Nutrition: 7/6 - Crushed it!

- (CON) Hydration: 7/7 - #winning

Mind of a Scholar

- (INT) Intelligence: 2/5 - on track for the challenge

- (INT/CHA) Career Knowledge: 33% complete - got a little catching up to do because I missed the first week, but we got this!

- (INT/WIS/CON) Focus: 5/5 scraped by, but we got it in.

This past week may have been rough in terms of daily life, but I can't complain about my progress with my goals. I still need to get better about staying on top of yoga/workouts, but everything else is coming along nicely. I also managed to get grocery shopping in yesterday, and now have enough food for a couple weeks. So lots of healthy foods and no reason to eat out. And I got the kitchen all tidied up this evening so it will be nice and fresh in the morning. I planned out a couple more books to read, got some tidying around the place done, and am finishing up the laundry now. Overall a reasonably productive weekend.

Oh, and after doing yoga/stretching for the past two weeks, I have gone from not even being able to touch my toes to ALMOST being able to put my hands flat on the ground after I have fully loosened up. Apparently it does not take much to be more bendy. Just consistency.

tony stark like a boss Memes - Imgflip

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 1

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

21 hours ago, Jupiter said:

You did awesome this week! Nice job! :) 

Rockstar GIFs | Tenor

Aww, thanks :)

• Like 1

So, additional information tricking down about my dad is not promising. Still trying to hope for the best till he sees the cardiologist who will have a full assessment of just how bad things are, but it is not looking good so far.

Other than that, today went pretty smoothly. I think I am starting to slowly get into the grove of things at work, and I am mostly adjusted to my new sleep schedule, so I don't feel exhausted all the time. Which means I actually have enough energy to do some stuff in the evenings. So, hoping for a somewhat less rough week than last week. Today felt like a solid-ish start to the week, so I have that going for me.

• Like 3

On 1/17/2021 at 5:29 PM, Aquarii said:

- (DEX) Balance and Coordination: 4/5 - swing and a miss.

To be completely fair, isn't that more like a foul ball or pop fly?  🤣  Close!

On 1/17/2021 at 5:29 PM, Aquarii said:

Oh, and after doing yoga/stretching for the past two weeks, I have gone from not even being able to touch my toes to ALMOST being able to put my hands flat on the ground after I have fully loosened up. Apparently it does not take much to be more bendy. Just consistency.

From everything I've seen and read, consistency is #1 when it comes to flexitivity and benditude.

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 1/18/2021 at 8:38 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

To be completely fair, isn't that more like a foul ball or pop fly?  🤣  Close!

From everything I've seen and read, consistency is #1 when it comes to flexitivity and benditude.

I mean, to be COMPLETELY fair, then 1/5 would probably be a foul or pop fly, 2/5 would be one base, 3/5 two bases, 4/5 would be three bases, and 5/5 would be a home run. IF we want to be literal/technical about it, rofl. So that would have put me at third base last week.

I know that consistency is key to everything bendy (it is key to success in, well most things in life). I just did not realize how fast you can start to become bendy with consistency, haha. Especially with like touching my toes and then moving past that, because I have ALWAYS struggled with that, even as a kid I had just terrible flexibility, especially when trying to touch my toes. I must just have really tight muscles in my lower back and legs or something. But apparently a little consistent practice loosens those up pretty quickly. 

• Like 4

Midweek Update:

Challenge Goals:

- (STR/DEX) Strength and Agility: Bodyweight workouts (1/3) - on track

- (DEX) Balance and Coordination: Yoga (2/2) - crushing it

- (CON) Stamina: 15min+ walks (3/4) - crushing it

- (CON) Nutrition: Post-holiday sugar detox, avoid processed sugar at least (3/6) - on track

- (CON) Hydration: Drink 64 oz of water per day (3/7) - on track

Mind of a Scholar

- (INT) Intelligence: Read 5 books (started two more books) - on track

- (INT/CHA) Career Knowledge: Complete Skillcrush Digital Marketing Course part 1 & 2 (about 2/5) - slight behind, but close enough to get back on track before next week

- (INT/WIS/CON) Focus: Meditate 5 min per day, 5x per week (3/5) -crushing it

• Like 5

On 1/20/2021 at 7:29 PM, Aquarii said:

I know that consistency is key to everything bendy (it is key to success in, well most things in life). I just did not realize how fast you can start to become bendy with consistency, haha. Especially with like touching my toes and then moving past that, because I have ALWAYS struggled with that, even as a kid I had just terrible flexibility, especially when trying to touch my toes. I must just have really tight muscles in my lower back and legs or something. But apparently a little consistent practice loosens those up pretty quickly. 

Consistency is something I totally struggle with and it's the first thing to go out the window when life gets the least bit hectic... like this week has been!

Hoping to find time just to refocus on me and get some of those goals back on track after next week.

On 1/20/2021 at 7:33 PM, Aquarii said:

Midweek Update:

Looks like you had things well in hand during the first half of the week, how did the latter half go?

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 1/20/2021 at 8:33 PM, Aquarii said:

Midweek Update:

Challenge Goals:

- (DEX) Balance and Coordination: Yoga (2/2) - crushing it

- (CON) Stamina: 15min+ walks (3/4) - crushing it

- (CON) Nutrition: Post-holiday sugar detox, avoid processed sugar at least (3/6) - on track

Mind of a Scholar

- (INT) Intelligence: Read 5 books (started two more books) - on track

- (INT/CHA) Career Knowledge: Complete Skillcrush Digital Marketing Course part 1 & 2 (about 2/5) - slight behind, but close enough to get back on track before next week

- (INT/WIS/CON) Focus: Meditate 5 min per day, 5x per week (3/5) -crushing it

You're doing great! :) 

Good Job GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Jupiter said:

You're doing great! :) 

Good Job GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Thanks! I seem to finally be finding my grove this challenge. It only took till over halfway through, lol

9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Consistency is something I totally struggle with and it's the first thing to go out the window when life gets the least bit hectic... like this week has been!

Hoping to find time just to refocus on me and get some of those goals back on track after next week.

For me, it REALLY depends on the situation. It is really bizarre. Sometimes when things get hectic, I actually get way better at sticking to my goals, while other times, my whole world just completely crashes down around me. And sometimes when I have all the time in the world, I am able to just totally rock my goals and sometimes all energy and motivation evaporates into thin air. I am thinking it is probably related to mental health for me. 

My advice for you is to just make your goals smaller during hectic weeks. Don't make the goal a perfect workout or yoga session, just make the goal getting SOMETHING done. If that means five minutes of yoga poses, it is still a win, it still counts. If it is quickly cycling through some bodyweight workouts for a few minutes before work, it counts. I have found that by doing that, I can continue to build momentum, so that I at least still have the habit going when I have the time and energy to get back into it. It one of the reasons my goal for meditation is only 5 minutes right now. The goal is just to get into the habit of sitting down and doing it. If five minutes had felt to long, I would have set it even lower. This past week, I was a few minutes into a yoga/stretching session when my hamstring decided to cramp up on me (yeah, OWWW). I decided right then and there my session was done for the night. It still counted. I still showed up, I still did some yoga work. When life gets crazy, focus on doing what you can, not what you optimally would like to do. You can get back to optimal when you have more spoons.

9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Looks like you had things well in hand during the first half of the week, how did the latter half go?

Read on...

Week 3 Update:

Challenge Goals:

- (STR/DEX) Strength and Agility: Bodyweight workouts (3/3) - A solid week back in the saddle. Starting slow (my workouts are probably only about 15-20 min), but at least they are happening again.

- (DEX) Balance and Coordination: Yoga (4/2) - Knocked this one out of the park. All the bendiness.

- (CON) Stamina: 15min+ walks (5/4) - Going for a walk at work during my lunch break is quickly becoming a habit.

- (CON) Nutrition: Post-holiday sugar detox, avoid processed sugar at least (7/6) - There were a number of temptations to deviate this week, but I did not even take my one free day!

- (CON) Hydration: Drink 64 oz of water per day (7/7) - on track

Mind of a Scholar

- (INT) Intelligence: Read 5 books (3/5) - on track - also have 45/50 books picked out for the year, so I will never have the excuse of "I just don't know what to read next"

- (INT/CHA) Career Knowledge: Complete Skillcrush Digital Marketing Course part 1 & 2 (1.25/2) - finally back on track with this after falling behind the first couple weeks.

- (INT/WIS/CON) Focus: Meditate 5 min per day, 5x per week (7/5) - surpassed my goal in this one too! Partially because I thought I set my goal for every day, not 5 days a week, but hey, it is a win.

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Mid-week Update

Challenge Goals:

- (DEX) Balance and Coordination: Yoga (2/2) - on track

- (CON) Stamina: 15min+ walks (3/4) - on track

Mind of a Scholar

- (INT) Intelligence: Read 5 books (4/5) - on track 

- (INT/CHA) Career Knowledge: Complete Skillcrush Digital Marketing Course part 1 & 2 (1.25/2) - on track

- (INT/WIS/CON) Focus: Meditate 5 min per day, 5x per week (2/5) - on track

This week has been a little more of a challenge. I just feel mentally worn thin. Physically, I am still going strong, which is what helps carry me through the exercises and stuff, but mentally I am just exhausted. I suppose that is what happens when I try and kick my brain into full gear for like four weeks in a row without really giving it a real break...heh, oops. 

On the plus side...today I noticed that I most definitely have biceps now. Well, I have always had biceps, but I can see them now XD

Comedian Young Busco who created massive 'What are those' meme mysteriously  dies in his sleep aged 31

• Like 4

Last week didn't go quite as I would have liked. I let work stress get to me and derail a little of my progress. I also had a headached that lasted most the weekend, so that didn't really help either. Thankfully I had front-loaded my week, so even though it tripped me up a little in the end, I was still able to hit the majority of my goals. The biggest upset was in my learning goals, which I typically work on the most during the weekend. 

Week 4 Recap

Challenge Goals:

- (STR/DEX) Strength and Agility: Bodyweight workouts (3/3) 

- (DEX) Balance and Coordination: Yoga (2/2) 

- (CON) Stamina: 15min+ walks (5/4) 

- (CON) Nutrition: Post-holiday sugar detox, avoid processed sugar at least (7/6) 

- (CON) Hydration: Drink 64 oz of water per day (7/7) 

Mind of a Scholar

- (INT) Intelligence: Read 5 books (4/5) 

- (INT/CHA) Career Knowledge: Complete Skillcrush Digital Marketing Course part 1 & 2 (1.25/2) - slightly behind, will have to work hard if I want to finish this challenge

- (INT/WIS/CON) Focus: Meditate 5 min per day, 5x per week (4/5)

• Like 3

On 2/1/2021 at 11:11 AM, Waanie said:

You're doing great! Even though your work is stressful and your head ached, you still completed almost all your goals last week :).

Yay for biceps!

Aww, thanks for the encouragement :)

Mid-week update

Challenge Goals:

- (STR/DEX) Strength and Agility: Bodyweight workouts (1/3) -on track

- (DEX) Balance and Coordination: Yoga (2/2) -on track

- (CON) Stamina: 15min+ walks (2/4) - on track

Mind of a Scholar

- (INT) Intelligence: Read 5 books (4/5) - slightly behind

- (INT/CHA) Career Knowledge: Complete Skillcrush Digital Marketing Course part 1 & 2 (1.3/2) - slightly behind

- (INT/WIS/CON) Focus: Meditate 5 min per day, 5x per week (3/5) - on track

So far everything this week is either on track or still in a place where I can get it back on track before the end of the week/challenge. Just gotta really buckle down on reading and studying in the evenings after work. I have let it slip from my priorities because of work-stress and what not, but it is time to lock in and get to work. We are in the home stretch of the challenge, after all.

• Like 6

Final wrap-up!

Challenge Goals:

- (STR/DEX) Strength and Agility: Bodyweight workouts (3/3) -on track

- (DEX) Balance and Coordination: Yoga (2/2) -on track

- (CON) Stamina: 15min+ walks (4/4) - on track

- (CON) Nutrition: Post-holiday sugar detox, avoid processed sugar at least (6/6) - on track

- (CON) Hydration: Drink 64 oz of water per day (7/7) - on track

Mind of a Scholar

- (INT) Intelligence: Read 5 books (5/5) - complete

- (INT/CHA) Career Knowledge: Complete Skillcrush Digital Marketing Course part 1 & 2 (2.2/2) - complete and ahead

- (INT/WIS/CON) Focus: Meditate 5 min per day, 5x per week (5/5) - on track

Completed all my goals this week, woot! What a way to wrap up the challenge. Now I just gotta keep this momentum going into the next challenge. 

• Like 4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines