After doing well for many years 2020 got the better of me. Heaviest I've ever been and first time over 100kg,

I'm aiming to reestablish a walking habit and create a healthier relationship with booze.  Limiting my goals so i can focus and get some momentum going. 

Goals:

1. No alcohol in January

2. Walk 20km a week

3. Avoid obvious sugar

Side goal:

1. Complete part 1 of the weight loss pvp

Weigh-ins:

Start: 101.8kg (224 lbs)

Week 1: 99.0kg

Week 2: 97.5kg

Week 3: 97.3kg

Week 4:96.9kg

Week 5: 95.4kg (210 lbs)

• Like 6

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

2020 was a bit of a sucker-punch, wasn't it?

Limiting goals is a very wise idea. Sometimes, you gotta give your attention to a couple simple things at a time, like building lego. Can't put that window piece in unless you've built the wall high enough. 

Do you have an action plan in place for the goals? Like, with sugar and alcohol, avoidance strategies, replacement of sugary things you'd usually eat with something healthier, swapping out drinks or changing routines around when you'd have alcohol etc? I find I need stuff like that in place, because willpower is a finite resource. And I have a tendency to cave oftener than I should. 

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

I like your lego analogy, getting things done and how small decisions taper and snowball fit the same idea and I've seen that work over and over. 

My sugar replacement if I'm really desperate is a glass of coconut water.  Not sugar free but not a chocolate bar.  

Alcohol is willpower except its not because i *know* I'm not drinking for Jan. There's no decision to make its just a flat no. 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

No walking today but i did go scuba diving for the first time in 4 years. Not very good conditions but that's my skills refresher done so i can dive whenever i like now.  It's hard work swimming out and back as well as kicking while your cruising around so def counts as exercise.  

I'm still alcohol free, 3 days done.  Doesn't sound like much but that's the best for quite a while.  Sleep not good last 2 nights but that's to be expected when i stop drinking.  

Food going ok, not really focused on it at the moment. Ate a cookie from a Cafe today which was obvious sugar but there wasn't an alternative and i needed to eat as i only just met my new dive buddy and this was our first time diving together.  Didn't want to be hangry in the car home.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Emerald Eagle said:

giphy.gif

Hello! nice to see you. Loving the goals, simple and effective :)

Hey, long time no see! Hope you survived Melb lockdown nightmare, must have been tough.  We're gradually having the screws tightened up here...

Hopefully 2021 will be better for all of us! How's Willow going? My boy has not been well sadly but we're managing him and he's going ok now.  He's got Megaesophagus, tough condition but we love him enough to persevere. 

Yay for scuba diving!

Welcome back! 🤩

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

16 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Hey mate, good to see you!  What's the current state of play in your patch of Oz?

In terms of Covid we've been free of it for months, zero lockdown measures and life as normal. However it has recently started to spread from a cluster in Sydney (I'm North of Sydney) so we have some lockdown measures reintroduced, we have to wear masks in various indoor places now. Supermarket, hairdresser, etc. and they closed the nighclubs. Limits on the size of gatherings. We're free to travel in NSW (my state) but cannot travel to other states, they've closed their borders again. We're also not allowed to leave the country. On the whole we've been extremely fortunate and the pandemic has been well managed. If you have any slightest symptom they want you to go get tested. I have about 4 or 5 testing centres within a 5km radius, some of them are drive through and they are all free with no appointment required. Our highest testing rate in my state so far was 65,000 in a day. on average it's about 30-40,000.  Anyone entering Australia is placed into mandatory 14 day quarantine in a hotel, under armed guard. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

22 hours ago, Endor said:

Hey, long time no see! Hope you survived Melb lockdown nightmare, must have been tough.  We're gradually having the screws tightened up here...

Hopefully 2021 will be better for all of us! How's Willow going? My boy has not been well sadly but we're managing him and he's going ok now.  He's got Megaesophagus, tough condition but we love him enough to persevere. 

We survived lockdown, with a newborn just to make it extra fun! I am just hoping we can get things back under control, I am a bit scarred from the last lockdown and I don't think I'd handle another one very well. Willow is doing really well. She loved lockdown as she got a daily 1 hour walk as it was our only excuse to leave the house for 4 months. She is still pretty happy as I'm on maternity leave until May so she's getting lots of love and attention. I'm sorry your pup is not so good :( 

• Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

6 hours ago, Endor said:

Forgot to mention i picked up pawn of prophecy on audible. Must be 30 years since i read it and am really enjoying it this time around again.  

Love that series!  Got it all on my (ever-increasing) reading list to revisit at some point.

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

7k walk today,  8/20 for the week so far. 

Mowed and strimmed the driveway,  13500 steps. My feet are throbbing!

Not used to hauling this fast ass around! Hopefully it won't be staying too long!

First day it hasn't rained in about 3 weeks, nice to see the sun.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Endor said:

Mowed and strimmed the driveway,  13500 steps. My feet are throbbing!

Not used to hauling this fast ass around! Hopefully it won't be staying too long!

Your typo made me giggle (yes sometimes I'm 12 on the inside). I just imagined you zooming around your front yard backwards 😝

• Haha 2

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

10 minutes ago, Emerald Eagle said:

Your typo made me giggle (yes sometimes I'm 12 on the inside). I just imagined you zooming around your front yard backwards 😝

Ha ha that's hilarious!

Since i just found the gif button i thought I'd see what showed up for fast ass. Turns out i have a special wrestling move that will destroy any of @DarK_RaideR's characters easily!!

kiss my ass a mans butt GIF

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 1:19 PM, Endor said:

Limiting my goals so i can focus and get some momentum going. 

This was a theme going into 2021 for me as well.  I'm probably infamous for how fanatically mapped-out and obsessively tracked my challenges are, so I really wanted to go back to basics on my goals for a bit.  I think building momentum is super important even if you're cruising along nicely to begin with.

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Joke's on you, wrestling's full of that stuff and I got just the move to hit back at you

200.gif

Ha he even looks like you!! What do they call that one? The atomic teabag?!!

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

This was a theme going into 2021 for me as well.  I'm probably infamous for how fanatically mapped-out and obsessively tracked my challenges are, so I really wanted to go back to basics on my goals for a bit.  I think building momentum is super important even if you're cruising along nicely to begin with.

I'm well behind the 8 ball so very important for me. I agree though it's a good strategy for anyone, particularly at the start of a new year. It's easy to get too complex and feel pressured as well so giving yourself a simplicity break is a good idea. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines