Kungfu Tarzan Jesus' 28 day challenge

Goal #1: Restore my strength to where it was before it took a nosedive due to adaptation to the ketogenic diet, and ideally improve on those old lift numbers.

Goal #2: Regain the speed, agility and flexibility I had as a teenager through combinations of stretching, conditioning and hard interval training

Goal #3: Secret!

Today as the first day of documented training, I just did a lot of stretching. It's my twice-weekly dietary cheat day, as is recommended by keto gurus with physiques far more admirable than my own, and my body once again feels like chipped dog crap - as if protesting on sheer principle that I should try to screw with my diet so frequently and dramatically in such a narrow time frame. With that in mind, I took today off from lifting (other than a few side presses with my adjustable home dumbbells) and mostly just stretched. I pretty much hit two of my three flexibility goals on the first day, so I'm gonna have to come up with new things to aspire to. I can put my head to my knees again, and I can put my knees to the ground in a butterfly stretch again. My split is still maxed out at roughly 135 degrees, but I can improve on that a little in the next few days.

I discovered a stretch exercise that is potentially useful for people with limited equipment. Go into your closet and clear out a space shoulder width on the closet bar. Kick your foot up on the wall as high as it will go, then hold onto the bar and pull yourself towards your leg for a better stretch. Works wonders, assuming you have a relatively firmly anchored bar.

Woot! I applaud your stretching. Your splits are pretty close to mine. : P

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I discovered a stretch exercise that is potentially useful for people with limited equipment. Go into your closet and clear out a space shoulder width on the closet bar. Kick your foot up on the wall as high as it will go, then hold onto the bar and pull yourself towards your leg for a better stretch. Works wonders, assuming you have a relatively firmly anchored bar.

this would be a wonderful idea if EVERY INCH of my stupid closet bar wasn't covered with clothes.

incentive to get rid of some maybe? :)

Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

...Well, keto is going good. My family says they are starting to notice it working, I seem like I'm both leaner and more muscular at the same time than I was just a week ago. My lifts are going fine, although my hand strength is still homosex. I guess I'm finally going to cave and ask for straps for Christmas. My hand strength can wait, my deadlift can't.

I've got some seasonal cold thing too. Lovely. On that note, black coffee + whipping cream = keto! Delicious caffeine...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines