Jump to content

Elastigirl Just Living Life


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I changed my stats in my signature.  I decided to make it so 10 is the average stat, per @Rurik Harrgath suggestion or maybe it was @spezzy or both, either way it seemed like a good way to go about it.I'm also comparing my stats to other 50 year old women, instead of setting my strength standards for that of a 20 year old

 

Welcome to... The System™.  B) 

 

Iron Man Glasses GIF - IronMan Glasses TonyStark - Discover & Share GIFs

  • Like 2

 [ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Link to post
22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I changed my stats in my signature.  I decided to make it so 10 is the average stat, per @Rurik Harrgath suggestion or maybe it was @spezzy or both, either way it seemed like a good way to go about it.I'm also comparing my stats to other 50 year old women, instead of setting my strength standards for that of a 20 year old

 

I'm not quite sure I understand. Did you start them all as "average" so you could build them up, or did you do an assessment of what you think your scores are compared to an average 50-year-old? If the latter, I think you have dramatically underestimated yourself. You are very strong and mobile.

 

[not that you were looking for feedback, but I hope you recognize what a bada$$ you are!]

  • Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

 

Link to post
56 minutes ago, Xena said:

 

I'm not quite sure I understand. Did you start them all as "average" so you could build them up, or did you do an assessment of what you think your scores are compared to an average 50-year-old? If the latter, I think you have dramatically underestimated yourself. You are very strong and mobile.

 

[not that you were looking for feedback, but I hope you recognize what a bada$$ you are!]

Seconded GIFs | Tenor

  • Like 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Link to post
20 hours ago, Harriet said:

I like your approach with the shiny way. It all contributes to your fitness and could be fun while you're practicing, even if you don't get to a double flooping handstand somersault twirl in the next month.

Thanks. Also,  people my age are just impressed I can sit down on the floor and get up, so no need to pull out my double flooping handstand somersault

19 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

I keep forgetting that I have access to the Academy workouts, thanks for the reminder!

 

I like the sound of your first day. I hope it was as gentle and as eased into things as it reads. 

I like the Academy workouts. Yesi it was a good day

15 hours ago, annyshay said:

Hi EG! Here for the amazing! :)

waving bye bye GIF

1 hour ago, Xena said:

 

I'm not quite sure I understand. Did you start them all as "average" so you could build them up, or did you do an assessment of what you think your scores are compared to an average 50-year-old? If the latter, I think you have dramatically underestimated yourself. You are very strong and mobile.

 

[not that you were looking for feedback, but I hope you recognize what a bada$$ you are!]

I love feedback. I graded on a scale of 1-20 with the average being 10. And my scale was comparing to other 50 years old. Hmm, I think you are right. If I compare myself to my friends, I would be much higher than a 12. Ponder, ponder. I don't want it . I don't want it too high, that seems like cheating.If I say what is my strength compared to say, a 30 year old guy that works out, I am way weaker. Maybe just your typical average person, I am slightly stronger than. I feel like I am strong , considering I'm a pixie sized female who is 55, but I also am really slow on the strength gains given those factors.

  • Like 7

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

So, I've been forgetting to put my sun lamp on in the morning. And it's been raining forever. Let's add that back into my goals It really does seem to help.

 

I did track my morning

Eating skills; prayed before meals, tracked my meals, I had 2 snacks.Decided to have a serving of chocolate chips after dinner.Didn't delay.

Yesterday, when I went to weigh myself, the scale didn't work.Bought new batteries, scale still wouldn't turn on. I bought a new scale. It should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I know that the scale isn't everything, but I feel like the wind has been taken of out my motivational sails. I was already to weigh myself on Monday, and now I'm just waiting.I did take my measurement around my belly.But that is usually slower to show.  Especially that first week after you are eating junk food, and then go back to normal, you usually get a big drop, and I was counting on that for a bit of hype. And a big thing that helps with weight loss for me is walking, and I have barely done that.Yesterday I went for about 15 minutes, but none today. It was rainy, windy , and cold, and I just noped it. I probably am going to have to just walk anyway, but arrggh it's hard in this weather.

  • Like 6

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Found you! Now going to catch up ;)

Normal burpees could help instead of walking, when you can't do the latter. Brandt said something like 20 burpees are close to 300m (yards)? With all the rain that we are getting at the moment, I've opted to do 20 burpees (no push ups), just to at least get some movement in and help with cardio. 300m/yards isn't close to how far you could actually walk in say 30min. but it is something to start my cardio off with. Or maybe even mountain climbers?

  • Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to post

Thanks for your support on my thread, I'll follow you here. I'm not too bothered by the approaching 50th birthday, it's just reminding me to focus on health a bit - I want many more healthy, happy, comfortable years, so it's time to get to work to make that happen! You mentioned a sun lamp above, and it's something I've thought about for a while now. I sure struggle with the winter doldrums. Even if I do get outside, there sure isn't a lot of sunshine at the moment! I might just get a sun lamp and pop it on each morning for a little while. Thanks for the inspiration.

  • Like 1
Link to post
10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I graded on a scale of 1-20 with the average being 10. And my scale was comparing to other 50 years old. Hmm, I think you are right. If I compare myself to my friends, I would be much higher than a 12. Ponder, ponder. I don't want it . I don't want it too high, that seems like cheating.If I say what is my strength compared to say, a 30 year old guy that works out, I am way weaker. Maybe just your typical average person, I am slightly stronger than. I feel like I am strong , considering I'm a pixie sized female who is 55, but I also am really slow on the strength gains given those factors.

Just to throw some other ideas out there, I went old school character creation, rolled the dice to get my numbers and then chose which stat to apply each to. So rather than comparing to anyone else, it's purely a reflection of what I feel my stronger and weaker areas are. And there is no upper limit, so it really doesn't matter how high one stat gets, just pick a new goal in that area and keep on trucking. 

  • Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Link to post

I also will chime in that you are definitely beyond average for your race and class stats.  (Hehe, pixie / 55.)    But I get the thing about not wanting to over-judge yourself... I do the same thing.     I guess just play with the numbers till they feel the best fit!

 

We have cloudy sun today, and that's enough for me that I am canceling my indoor strength day to take a walk up to the creek on my lunch break.  I can lift tomorrow! :D

 

  • Like 2

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

 

 

Link to post
On 1/5/2021 at 2:06 AM, Rhovaniel said:

I keep forgetting that I have access to the Academy workouts, thanks for the reminder!

 

Same! I'm starting to use it again 😅

 

On 1/4/2021 at 10:04 PM, Elastigirl said:

Today started out good. FIrst day back at it after holiday, and it was gray and rainy. But, I tracked how I spent my time in the morning, and that made me pay attention so I wasn't super slow getting started.

DId my L-sit skill work. Worked on keeping my legs together, and seeing how far I could lift my leg. Did NF level 3. It was fairly easy. I did knee push ups (5) for most of the rounds and then changed to full the last. Next time I think I will try full for more. The side plank at the end was challenging. I find it very hard not to let my hips sag. I think I most likely have arthritis in my hips, and they are a joint that gets sore. So doing the side planks is great for my constitution.

Took a power 20 minute nap today. It was just so dark and gray , it seemed like a good idea. Planned out meals for the week, and cleaned out our fridge.

We had take out. This was planned, as we thought it would be a fun treat after the holiday ended. I had salmon and fries. Ate slow. Ate some more fries even after I was full.

 

Eating skills

ate slow- forgot breakfast and lunch, yes at dinner

pray before meals, mostly, lunch it was half way through

drank  water

balanced plate yes

3 meals + 1 snack, had two snacks, forgot to delay, but I did choose roast chicken as a snack, so thumbs up

ate snacks distraction free

 

I changed my stats in my signature.  I decided to make it so 10 is the average stat, per @Rurik Harrgath suggestion or maybe it was @spezzy or both, either way it seemed like a good way to go about it.I'm also comparing my stats to other 50 year old women, instead of setting my strength standards for that of a 20 year old

Great stuff! Keep up the great work!the incredibles disney GIF 

  • Like 1

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

Link to post
21 hours ago, MrsVan said:

Found you! Now going to catch up ;)

Normal burpees could help instead of walking, when you can't do the latter. Brandt said something like 20 burpees are close to 300m (yards)? With all the rain that we are getting at the moment, I've opted to do 20 burpees (no push ups), just to at least get some movement in and help with cardio. 300m/yards isn't close to how far you could actually walk in say 30min. but it is something to start my cardio off with. Or maybe even mountain climbers?

Hi.yeah, except I hate burpees. I was thinking kettlebell swings, I also could do the rowing machine. Just hard to be motivated when it is so dark all day. But today was much better, the sun came out and I went for a long walk.

16 hours ago, JennyM said:

Thanks for your support on my thread, I'll follow you here. I'm not too bothered by the approaching 50th birthday, it's just reminding me to focus on health a bit - I want many more healthy, happy, comfortable years, so it's time to get to work to make that happen! You mentioned a sun lamp above, and it's something I've thought about for a while now. I sure struggle with the winter doldrums. Even if I do get outside, there sure isn't a lot of sunshine at the moment! I might just get a sun lamp and pop it on each morning for a little while. Thanks for the inspiration.

That's a great outlook. Yes, I find the sun lamp helpful

15 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Just to throw some other ideas out there, I went old school character creation, rolled the dice to get my numbers and then chose which stat to apply each to. So rather than comparing to anyone else, it's purely a reflection of what I feel my stronger and weaker areas are. And there is no upper limit, so it really doesn't matter how high one stat gets, just pick a new goal in that area and keep on trucking. 

That's a fun way to do it

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I also will chime in that you are definitely beyond average for your race and class stats.  (Hehe, pixie / 55.)    But I get the thing about not wanting to over-judge yourself... I do the same thing.     I guess just play with the numbers till they feel the best fit!

 

We have cloudy sun today, and that's enough for me that I am canceling my indoor strength day to take a walk up to the creek on my lunch break.  I can lift tomorrow! :D

 

thanks. We had sunshine today too! I got to go for a long walk. 

2 hours ago, Amazon Ninja said:

Same! I'm starting to use it again 😅

 

Great stuff! Keep up the great work!the incredibles disney GIF 

The Incredibles💗 Thanks!

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Love your title, love your goals.  I feel like I'm kinda doing the same thing -  just living life, staying in the present moment and trying not to get ahead of myself.  

 

Thanks for always checking out my thread and sending support!   Here to cheer you on  :)

 

Excited himym buffy GIF on GIFER - by Dugis

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

 

 

Link to post
On 1/5/2021 at 6:48 PM, Elastigirl said:

I love feedback. I graded on a scale of 1-20 with the average being 10. And my scale was comparing to other 50 years old. Hmm, I think you are right. If I compare myself to my friends, I would be much higher than a 12. Ponder, ponder. I don't want it . I don't want it too high, that seems like cheating.If I say what is my strength compared to say, a 30 year old guy that works out, I am way weaker. Maybe just your typical average person, I am slightly stronger than. I feel like I am strong , considering I'm a pixie sized female who is 55, but I also am really slow on the strength gains given those factors.

 

Since we are using similar scales here, I just wanted to add that I think you're spot on.  Without commenting on your scores at all, just keep in mind that comparing yourself to others only goes so far; where are your friends on your measuring spectrum, for example?  My metric is something like, "has never touched a weight/gone for a run/done a stretch, but is otherwise capable" would be an 7-9 depending on their degree of inactivity.  4-6 are your "very out of shape but not incapable" persons, while 2-4 might be "severely incapable, injury or other impairment" territory -and 1 being basically "cannot get out of bed under any circumstances."

 

On the other side of things, your 10s could have been athletes in high school but don't do a whole lot now (potential is there but is neglected, but also quite capable), 12s have probably exercised for a couple of years but haven't really pushed their strengths, with 15 and up being serious attention to exercise and fitness, works very hard, and above that (16-20) are your ranks for the cutting edge of your human potential - as if you had been powerlifting (for example) since 20yrs and haven't missed a workout 🤣 I look at 20 STR as me if I had been training for world records in powerlifting my whole life, so maybe 20 STR Rurik could deadlift 650lbs, for example (I don't have the genetics for 1000lbs but got to 500lbs with only a few years of training).  DEX would be decades in martial arts/gymnastics, CON in running/hiking with perfect body composition and health, etc etc.

 

Just my $0.02.  :D 

  • Like 2

 [ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Link to post
16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Hi.yeah, except I hate burpees. I was thinking kettlebell swings, I also could do the rowing machine. Just hard to be motivated when it is so dark all day. But today was much better, the sun came out and I went for a long walk.

Always kettlebell work ;) but glad you got some sun, definitely even better. 
Sorry about the scale issue, I understand the frustration. 

  • Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Link to post
1 hour ago, KB Girl said:
 

Always kettlebell work ;) but glad you got some sun, definitely even better. 
Sorry about the scale issue, I understand the frustration. 

Even if it's swings?😉 I got my scale today so yay!

  • Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Hubby and I are tentatively planning a trip to Florida next month(sunshine!) I went today and tried on my shorts. They fit, but just barely, and I have quite the muffin top.These shorts used to be loose.😒I'm thinking of counting calories for a couple of weeks.Right now, I'm just sort of in the mode of worrying that I'm eating too much, and feeling guilty if I eat a snack. I think if I calorie counted for a couple weeks, that would help me see what I can eat to hit my goals. 

Did the Vitamin workout today. Didn't do any lighsaber play. I keep forgetting about it. That's not a goal, it's just for fun. But, instead after I do Vitamin, I end up staring at the computer for a while. Lightsaber play is a lot more relaxing. It was sunny yesterday, so I went for a long walk,Today, it wasn't raining, so I went for another long walk. I've been following the eating skills, but I think I might be eating too much.See above note. The scale came today. Honestly, after trying on my shorts , I'm a bit grumpy with myself for that weight. But, you gotta admit, there were stress factors last year. But, not only do I like the way I look when I'm  more lean, it is also better for my health. My blood pressure seems to be super sensitive to weight, especially abdominal fat. It's the new year, and a new scale, and we are (probably) going somewhere where I will wear a swimsuit so all the hype and motivation is mine!

  • Like 8

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
On 1/8/2021 at 12:38 AM, Elastigirl said:

I'm thinking of counting calories for a couple of weeks.Right now, I'm just sort of in the mode of worrying that I'm eating too much, and feeling guilty if I eat a snack.

That seriously sucks and in that case I’d go with the calorie counting. 
Maybe experiment with different ways to count them? It’d be nice if you could find something that feels easy and is pretty loose so it’ll transition more easily into intuitive eating?

  • Like 2

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Link to post
1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

Maybe experiment with different ways to count them? It’d be nice if you could find something that feels easy and is pretty loose so it’ll transition more easily into intuitive eating?

Thanks.Yes, that was what I was thinking.I think I will do calorie counting, but then if I don't get a whole day tracked, or if I skip one day, no problem. Keeping in mind the goal is to just get an idea of what  my portion sizes need to be to lose weight, so that I can go back to more intuitive eating.

  • Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

This weekend wrap up: Some of it was super hard and some was wonderful.  There was some outside life stress on Friday, and I was really anxious and doomcasting, thinking through all the worst scenarios, and really struggling with breaking out of the cycle. It was ,I'm sure not just that stress, but all of the political and pandemic, and dark skies. I slept horribly.Saturday was better.  We helped move and organize supplies for our church from the church we had been renting from to our new location.It was a good project that kept my mind busy. I talked to my husband some about my worries. I told him I was struggling, but I also told him (and reminded myself) of the things I knew: God has a plan and purpose, God is working, God gives strength. Talking through the fears, but also reminding myself of the truths I know helped . Prayed, and read my Bible. Then we had  people over for games in the evening, so that was a great distraction. Sunday was very good. Singing the Psalms and hearing our pastor preach on prayer, calmed my spirit. The worry is still there, but it isn't running wild out of control.Then we had my son over for lunch and then some friends of his (and me now too) came over for a bit.

 

I did make some good food choices too.  I had Panerra salad for Friday dinner, and had an orange instead of the potato chips that came with.

 

I should do a weekly review, but I'm tired. so maybe tomorrow

 

Here's my quests for next week

put away rest of Christmas (maybe leave light up)

return stuff I put away to make room for Christmas

pick up paint samples

order a new Bible (mine fell part, I mainly use Kindle at home but want a BIble to lug to church)

I think I'm going to track calories next week, so I need to start that

  • Like 5

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Hi Elastigirl :D

I'm not remotely caught up on the tail end of last challenge, but I hope you are doing well. You're a beast, and you're resilience (that I've stalked via the forums) has impressed me. I'm... not feeling particularly resilient lately. I just wanted to let you know I've been thinking a lot about you- Baby Bird has a tuft of hair that flips up (with the help of baby lotion) like Jack Jack. So lots of Incredibles references in my house.

 

On 1/7/2021 at 3:07 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Since we are using similar scales here, I just wanted to add that I think you're spot on.  Without commenting on your scores at all, just keep in mind that comparing yourself to others only goes so far; where are your friends on your measuring spectrum, for example?  My metric is something like, "has never touched a weight/gone for a run/done a stretch, but is otherwise capable" would be an 7-9 depending on their degree of inactivity.  4-6 are your "very out of shape but not incapable" persons, while 2-4 might be "severely incapable, injury or other impairment" territory -and 1 being basically "cannot get out of bed under any circumstances."

 

On the other side of things, your 10s could have been athletes in high school but don't do a whole lot now (potential is there but is neglected, but also quite capable), 12s have probably exercised for a couple of years but haven't really pushed their strengths, with 15 and up being serious attention to exercise and fitness, works very hard, and above that (16-20) are your ranks for the cutting edge of your human potential - as if you had been powerlifting (for example) since 20yrs and haven't missed a workout 🤣 I look at 20 STR as me if I had been training for world records in powerlifting my whole life, so maybe 20 STR Rurik could deadlift 650lbs, for example (I don't have the genetics for 1000lbs but got to 500lbs with only a few years of training).  DEX would be decades in martial arts/gymnastics, CON in running/hiking with perfect body composition and health, etc etc.

 

Just my $0.02.  :D 

This is interesting and makes quite a bit of sense. I used some DnD generator to make my stats, and used the given numbers in the categories that fit my situation. I'm going to re-evaluate and drop my numbers I think.

  • Like 2

Current Challenge

Gnome |  Druid/Ranger | Level

2021 Goals: Hour walk without pain | Freestanding headstand | Back squat Tiny Human's weight
Goodreads

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

 

put away rest of Christmas (maybe leave light up)

I think in the midst of everything going on a little more light is a good thing.

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

order a new Bible (mine fell part, I mainly use Kindle at home but want a BIble to lug to church)

 

I read my Bible on my phone, and our church puts all the verses for the sermon on the screen. I haven't carried a bible to church in a long time.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

This weekend wrap up: Some of it was super hard and some was wonderful.

 

Sorry about the stress, but you seem do have done an excellent job getting a handle on it. I hope this week is brighter!

  • Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Link to post
11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Some of it was super hard and some was wonderful.  There was some outside life stress on Friday, and I was really anxious and doomcasting, thinking through all the worst scenarios, and really struggling with breaking out of the cycle. It was ,I'm sure not just that stress, but all of the political and pandemic, and dark skies. I slept horribly.Saturday was better.

I feel like you just captured my week exactly (checks over shoulder for surveillance) How did you know?

Glad that you are feeling better after the weekend. Bible shopping always gets me excited. What translation do you prefer?

  • Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Link to post
18 hours ago, Tova, Warrior of the Wilds said:

This is interesting and makes quite a bit of sense. I used some DnD generator to make my stats, and used the given numbers in the categories that fit my situation. I'm going to re-evaluate and drop my numbers I think.

 

We've had some pretty in-depth conversations around the subject of stat points lately.  Check out the rest of EG's challenge, Aquarii's, or mine for even more insight! 

 

Glad to hear we've helped some though! :D 

  • Like 2

 [ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines