Elastigirl Just Living Life

Week 1:

The Mindful Way

Mindful eating habits

USe the eating skills I am working on, and then each day make an x at the end of the day to indicate that I took a minute to think through how that day went. Earn a point for  5 days tracked;

nope three days, I actually think I used the skills more than that. I just can't remember to track them. Been trying varying ways for several months, but  I just can't seem to pick up the habit.  This week I am changing it to tracking in MFP.Still using the eating skills, I'm just going to track in MFP. Thought to ponder: I tried to make the skills tracking easier by doing it once a day, but maybe that is causing me to forget? Maybe when I go back to tracking it, I will do it after each meal. That way, I have food as a trigger reminder. I've never had a problem remembering to do MFP, and that maybe why. 

The Morning way

First step: tracking the way I spend mornings goal 10 days- I did 3. Aiming for a bit more, but I forgot.  

The Shiny Way

practice L-sit on rings  with a goal of 10 done during the challenge- 3 done so far, 

Life

pick out paint colors for guest room. Nope didn't happen. This week it will happen

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

17 hours ago, Tova, Warrior of the Wilds said:

Hi Elastigirl :D

I'm not remotely caught up on the tail end of last challenge, but I hope you are doing well. You're a beast, and you're resilience (that I've stalked via the forums) has impressed me. I'm... not feeling particularly resilient lately. I just wanted to let you know I've been thinking a lot about you- Baby Bird has a tuft of hair that flips up (with the help of baby lotion) like Jack Jack. So lots of Incredibles references in my house.

Thanks! Aw,Baby Bird sounds adorable.

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think in the midst of everything going on a little more light is a good thing.

I read my Bible on my phone, and our church puts all the verses for the sermon on the screen. I haven't carried a bible to church in a long time.

Yes, I thought we could use a bit more lights. Our church doesn't do that. If we are reading one section of scripture, I find it easy to follow along on my Kind , but if we flip to different ones, I struggle with getting there quick enough. Plus, now our church meets in agym, and I'm afraid I will leave my Kindle on the floor, and someone will step on it. So, I thought I'd get a cheap Bible that I just use for church or women's group

7 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

I feel like you just captured my week exactly (checks over shoulder for surveillance) How did you know?

Glad that you are feeling better after the weekend. Bible shopping always gets me excited. What translation do you prefer?

😀I think that's how a lot of our weeks went. I prefer NKJV or ESV or maybe NAS

15 hours ago, Harriet said:

Sorry about the stress, but you seem do have done an excellent job getting a handle on it. I hope this week is brighter!

Thanks, not sure if I did an excellent job. I guess I did the things I know work, and sort of muddled my way through. I also know that God gives me strengh, and He helped me. 

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I really like ESV, it's what I use currently. I've used NAS and especially preferred it when in seminary because it's so literal. I used an NRSV in some of my classes, it's not too bad either.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I really like ESV, it's what I use currently. I've used NAS and especially preferred it when in seminary because it's so literal. I used an NRSV in some of my classes, it's not too bad either.

3 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

ESV is my current favorite. I really liked the 1984 (I think?) NIV, but not crazy about the latest one.

I bought an ESV.My Kindle is NKJV and we have an NAS, so  I figured it would be nice to have a different translation for times when something was unclear. Cost me a whole $5😉

• Like 3

I didn't track my morning, and I was super slow. Spent way too much time on the computer. The one good decision was  after I had spent too long, deciding to skip my routine cup of tea since it was already so late. It wasn't a great day productivity  wise, way too much procrastinating. I did however, pick up some sample paints, so that's off my list. Did my workout, and went for a walk. After the bodyweight workout, I did 50 heavy swings. I'm thinking of doing that every day for this week, and seeing if that supercharges my weight loss.

Started tracking on MFP. I need to remember to use it as a tool. It gives me data, it is not a rule book. It lets me know how close I am to my goals. If it says I have reached my calorie limit, and I want something to eat, it is a wise decision to delay and then check in with myself to see if I still want to eat it. If I am hungry and feel guilty about eating and check it, and realize I still have lots of calories left, yippeee!

I'm just set up to lose a half a pound per week, which is agonizingly slow, but it keeps me from being super hungry, and then as soon as go back to normal eating ALL THE FOOD

• Like 3

On 1/11/2021 at 5:01 AM, Elastigirl said:

God has a plan and purpose, God is working, God gives strength.

This ^^^

I understand how you feel, especially after this last month and last year, and... yeah... He is in control, even when things look out of control to us. *hugs* and prayers for peace and wisdom for you.

I did make some good food choices too. 

Woot! Woot!

order a new Bible (mine fell part, I mainly use Kindle at home but want a BIble to lug to church)

We have a couple Bibles in the house: from an old Afrikaans one (which is almost not understandable - Afrikaans/Dutch language), to more recent versions. I tend to use one or two only, along with a more recent children's bible for when I do Bible study with the boys, but for my own Bible study I seem to be using online Bibles mostly. But it's nice to have an actual Bible.

I think I'm going to track calories next week, so I need to start that

From your comments previously, this seems like something that will give you a bit more security in thoughts about what and how much you are eating, or not eating. Just bring back a bit more perspective.

Good luck for this week ahead.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

21 hours ago, MrsVan said:

This ^^^

I understand how you feel, especially after this last month and last year, and... yeah... He is in control, even when things look out of control to us. *hugs* and prayers for peace and wisdom for you.

Woot! Woot!

We have a couple Bibles in the house: from an old Afrikaans one (which is almost not understandable - Afrikaans/Dutch language), to more recent versions. I tend to use one or two only, along with a more recent children's bible for when I do Bible study with the boys, but for my own Bible study I seem to be using online Bibles mostly. But it's nice to have an actual Bible.

From your comments previously, this seems like something that will give you a bit more security in thoughts about what and how much you are eating, or not eating. Just bring back a bit more perspective.

Good luck for this week ahead.

Last year, in the turbulence of the political world, I would start to worry.Then I remembered how I encouraged you in those times to trust in God. And I realized that I had two choices 1) Just think those were nice encouraging words I said to you but they meant nothing 2) Believe in the words I said, that God was in control. Most of the time I wisely chose option 1.😉

I don't really like to do much Online Bible reading.I'm just too distractable online, there's way too many other options for me to choose from.

• Like 2

Tracked my morning routine this morning, and ugh, 2 hours on the computer😒 Pretty easy to tell how my time disappears Next week I will implement; Operation Wise Morning; in which I use my morning in a much wiser way. Because I have continually struggled with this, it is going to be a goal I work on all year.My hope is that by year's end it will be habit.

Tracked on MFP. I'm being a bit loose in my tracking. I made chicken dipped in egg and coconut, and just estimated the calories for the egg and coconut. Trying to figure out the calories for all those added things is one of the things I disliked about mFP. Ithink I have a fairly good idea of the calories in things, so I'm just going to estimate. Went about 30 calories over.

I did take down the tree decorations. And after I finish this, I'm going to bake some chicken breasts

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Yay for estimating :)

what does your ideal morning look like?

When I think of my ideal morning, I think of me having time to relax, sleep in a bit, read my Bible, and doing about 1,000 things. Which is why I'm writing down how I spend my  morning.

Narrowing it down  my priorities are

Reading my Bible and praying

emptying the dishwasher, tidying the kitchen

breakfast

tea

a bit of time on the computer (it seems like 45 minutes to eat breakfast and look at the computer is ample)

working out

My main thing is I spend way too much time on the computer. I could solve by saying no time, but that rarely lasts. I'm thinking I will probably set my time that I want to work out by and set a timer to go off .

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

My main thing is I spend way too much time on the computer. I could solve by saying no time, but that rarely lasts. I'm thinking I will probably set my time that I want to work out by and set a timer to go off .

Solid plan :)

and that does sound nice.

what kind of things do you do on the computer?

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

what does your ideal morning look like?

This is a legit solid question. 

I'm also working on my morning routine, and I've thought about what I had or need to do, but haven't thought about what and ideal morning would look and feel like.

This is why I always come back to the forums. Ya'll are insightful and supportive as all get out.

5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

When I think of my ideal morning, I think of me having time to relax, sleep in a bit, read my Bible, and doing about 1,000 things.

I feel this down DEEP.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Gnome |  Druid/Ranger | Level

2021 Goals: Hour walk without pain | Freestanding headstand | Back squat Tiny Human's weight
Goodreads

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Solid plan :)

and that does sound nice.

what kind of things do you do on the computer?

News sites,  Christian sites, NF

23 minutes ago, Tova, Warrior of the Wilds said:

This is a legit solid question. 

I'm also working on my morning routine, and I've thought about what I had or need to do, but haven't thought about what and ideal morning would look and feel like.

This is why I always come back to the forums. Ya'll are insightful and supportive as all get out.

I feel this down DEEP.

A long time ago, for a mini challenge Tank had us write down positive affirmations .Which is something I hate, but it was an actual competive challenge,so I did it. It was something like I use my mornings wisely. So about the 1,000 time I wrote it, I realized that it was this ideal I held up, but I had no idea how to get there, and that every time I did one thing right , I told myself I needed to level up and do more. So, I  did   manage to  nail down some priorities, and I do get that  done most mornings. My main frustration is the time I spend either on the computer or reading or whatever. I have this morning inertia that I'm finding hard to get myself started.  I think the first step of Wise Morning Protocol is going to be running some experiments , and seeing what motivates me

• Like 3

Mornings went better, mainly because I have my prayer meeting at 9:00.Then after that, I went on a walk, and did my workout, and then kitchen stuff.

Tracked in MFP.

My workout was 

4 circuits

8 reps  25 lb kb one leg lift

5 reps inchworm- these are fairly easy so I went super slow 

5 reps assisted chin up

finish with 2 rounds overhead kb carries

then

4 rounds

leg stretch

leg lift

tuck leg lifts 3 rounds then 2 rounds one leg straight

then 50 swings with  30lb kb

• Like 4

Keep up the great work, EG!

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

On 1/13/2021 at 11:13 PM, Elastigirl said:

I'm thinking I will probably set my time that I want to work out by and set a timer to go off

This is how I solve a lot of my computer time: I work on the computer a lot, but play on it too, but I set alarms on my cellphone for things, like when to start school in the mornings, when to exercise (when I did it in the afternoons), etc. That really helped me to keep track. I also set the washing machine, tumble dryer, etc. that their alarms go off as soon as they finish a cycle.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

8 hours ago, MrsVan said:

This is how I solve a lot of my computer time: I work on the computer a lot, but play on it too, but I set alarms on my cellphone for things, like when to start school in the mornings, when to exercise (when I did it in the afternoons), etc. That really helped me to keep track. I also set the washing machine, tumble dryer, etc. that their alarms go off as soon as they finish a cycle.

Yes, I probably need to do a timer

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Maybe you need to make your morning really, really long. :D 

😃Well, that is what I end up doing, and then looking around and it's afternoon and I've hardly done anything

On 1/13/2021 at 8:27 PM, Red1263 said:

Keep up the great work, EG!

Thanks

14 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Nice workout! 

Thanks!

Been a few days since I updated. Did my workout, tracked on MFP.  One day I was hungry for an evening snack, checked my calories , and I was low, so I had a snack. So far, tracking has been easy. Last night had friends over and played games and then watched episode 2 (sand dragon one) of Season 2 of the Mandalorian. Loved it just as much as the first time. Friday night we watched Wandavision which was funny, and mysterious. I'm looking forward to the next shows. One thing that excited me , was how different is was. Seems like most TV  shows are just re-treads of similar plots of other popular shows. So, watching a show that is its' own creative idea is good. Not that re tread are always bad, I love how Mandalorian tips it's hat to genre like westerns. Just that most of TV seems so boring.

Week 2 update

Morning Way

Track how I  spend my morning - Did 3 days Goal was to have 10 days. But I think I'm done tracking and want to move forward to  action.

I'm giving myself half credit with .5 wisdom

Mindful Eating Habits way

use eating skills and track on MFP 5 days this week

Done, I focused on my super power of self control this week.Eating slowly.Also trying to make sure I was drinking enough water. Tracked on MFP. As I said before I'm not super strict. Thursday I tracked breakfast, snack and lunch, but we ate at our brother in laws house, so I didn't track that. I did however eat slow. Friday we had date night, so I guesstimated how many calories in dinner. I did try and eat light the rest of the day to leave room.

Shiny Skills Way

I practiced the L-sit 3 days  I am now at 6/10

Last week's quests

put away rest of Christmas (maybe leave light up) _ complete

return stuff I put away to make room for Christmas- nope

pick up paint samples- yes, but I don't know if I like the colors, aaaggh, I think I am way overthinking this. I may just pick a color and go with it

order a new Bible (mine fell part, I mainly use Kindle at home but want a BIble to lug to church)- complete

I think I'm going to track calories next week, so I need to start that complete

Ok for next week:

Morning Habits: I am going to set a timer for breakfast for 35 minutes. After that, I get up and finish kitchen chores, if I kept to the timer I can set a timer  for 12 minutes to drink my tea. Goal is for 4 days a week following that plan (Wednedsay being a free day since I have to follow that schedule )

Eating Habits Way

5 days MFP

practice eating skills

quests

return stuff I moved at Christmas

have friends for dinner

decide paint color

make blackberry jam  with blackberries I bought from produce  delivery

buy paint

practice curling hair with curlers

• Like 2

Made blackberry jam today. Mr.Incredible loves jam. Our produce delivery had a sale on a flat of blackberries, so I bought them. Made a little on Saturday, but  the 2 cups I used hardly made any jam. Used most of the rest of the berries today and made two pints.

Did my workout, and skill work on L-sit. Our weather has been super nice, so I've been taking advantage of it and going for walks. This evenings plan is to make some brownies because we our having some friends for dinner tomorrow

editing to add: I set timers for morning and stuck to them. 

• Like 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines