where to record my weight etc?

Im just wondering where everyone at NF records there body stats etc, is there a NF app for this or do i just use my fitness pal etc?

thank you for your replies

Harken

Race: Troll, Class: Adventurer

Level: 0 (STR: 0, DEX: 0, STA: 0, WIS: 0, INT: 0, CHA: 0)

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

Mark Twain

2 hours ago, Harken said:

Im just wondering where everyone at NF records there body stats etc, is there a NF app for this or do i just use my fitness pal etc?

thank you for your replies

I just have my own document with a chart. But lots of people have used MFP at some point and found it useful. You could also note it down in your challenge thread or battle log if you have one, and there could be spreadsheets in the PVP weight loss thread.  I don't know about the NF app, sorry. I think I read that it's part of Prime, and is currently in beta testing.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

3 hours ago, Harken said:

ah ok , ty for the info Harriet, is that a french name?

Harriet? It's either the English for Henriette (French) or the feminine version of Harry.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

Harriet? It's either the English for Henriette (French) or the feminine version of Harry.

Oh interesting, i just don't think i've heard the name very often.

6 hours ago, Chesire said:

I have a pen and paper journal that I use along side my challenge log.  I record stats like that as well as fitness achievements there. 

This is a good idea , ty. 😃

• Like 2

Harken

Mark Twain

as ive cut down on chocolate and energy drinks i seem to be eating more snacks etc, its something i need to watch as i dont want to replace one bad habit with another.

Harken

Mark Twain

I'd say it depends on the snack! If you're replacing it with carrots, I think that's fine. Nuts and fruit make a good snack too, or even a boiled egg or two. One thing I've found is it helps to plan ahead in case of snack cravings, and have a plan for what I will eat if I get the munchies.

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

I use My Fitness Pal and Fitbit. If you're logging food, too, MFP has more options around macros, or it did when I started using it. I use Fitbit to log exercise and steps, and MFP to log food and weight and then get the two apps to synch with one another. I used to log weight AND body fat %, but I found the machine at my gym was notoriously unreliable and didn't seem to coincide with my habits or changes in my body, so I stopped using it. Now I just step on the scales every now and then. I did buy some cheap callipers from MyProtein a few months back, but not sure if I want to get into that level of self critique. Has anybody has any experiences with those things?

I find it can be really helpful to log food, even if just to get an idea of what you are eating over a day and what kind of nutrients you're getting. I'm a snacker, too, so a big part of changing my habits was swapping out cookies and chocolate for fruit and icelandic yoghurt. I have a sweet tooth and you will prise sweet snacks from my cold dead fingers, but having a big stack of apples and clementines on the table and some little pots of Skyr in the fridge means I don't miss the chocolate all that much! If you're going to start saying "no" to certain foods more, I think it helps to have plenty of "yes!" options to balance it out.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:02 PM, gabrielle_of_poteidia said:

I use My Fitness Pal and Fitbit. If you're logging food, too, MFP has more options around macros, or it did when I started using it. I use Fitbit to log exercise and steps, and MFP to log food and weight and then get the two apps to synch with one another. I used to log weight AND body fat %, but I found the machine at my gym was notoriously unreliable and didn't seem to coincide with my habits or changes in my body, so I stopped using it. Now I just step on the scales every now and then. I did buy some cheap callipers from MyProtein a few months back, but not sure if I want to get into that level of self critique. Has anybody has any experiences with those things?

In my experience, devices that use Bioelectrical Impedance (gym scales) to measure body composition are neither accurate nor consistent. Callipers can be a good tool for tracking changes in specific fat sites. I use them on some of my more "stubborn" regions to get an idea of whether I am getting leaner (or not).