Scaly Freak decides to weaponize acceptance

On 1/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Increase muscle strength by doing workouts intended to do just that. This can be dumbbell lifting, or a resistance tube workout, or something involving only body weight exercises (including yoga). The type of workout is unimportant. Doing the workouts is what matters. For this goal, I need to do three strength workouts in a week.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for these. Have you specific days picked out as workout days?

On 1/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, Scaly Freak said:

The soul needs feeding and support, and when it is given these things, it becomes a powerful source of strength that can carry us through the deepest of dark moments and hardship. My soul is prefers to be fed a diet of music, all kinds of art (including makeup, cooking, baking, books, and video games), and human contact. It also needs to feel loved and appreciated, and needs to connect to other souls by doing things together, and by receiving and giving kindness in all forms. All of this makes this goal rather vague, but it also makes it very flexible.

Also here for this. My family has enjoyed bonding over board games played online as well as in person. Sometimes, we set one person's phone to play music, and pass it around so that everyone can choose things to expose the rest of us to that we may not have heard. And occasionally we will pick something no one has heard of, like musical Russian roulette.

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

5 minutes ago, juliebarkley said:

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for these. Have you specific days picked out as workout days?

Not yet. I am planning the first workout for Tuesday, then we'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

It is officially the first day of this challenge! It is also the first day back at work, which is less exciting, because I really could have benefited from another week of vacation time...

Sharpen the Mind

Morning meditation followed by mindful makeup time. Being very mindful about application takes a lot longer, but it was fun and I had the time to spare. May do this again in the future at some point.

Strengthen the Body

Walked with Happy Sidekick and Husband over lunch break, despite cold wind and rain. We were all very proud of us. Lifting was done yesterday, so today is rest day, in anticipation of lifting again tomorrow.

Focus the Soul

Persona 5 Royal. I must reboot the Matrix!

• Like 9
  • That's Metal 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

2 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Wait, you can't do speedy mindful makeup? Rush AND zen? Why can't we have haste and zen....

I am certainly going to try... ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

40 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

I am certainly going to try... ;) 

I think the end result of mindfulness is usually efficiency. It'll work out.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

I am tired from lack of sleep and a specific tiresome coworker.  @sarakingdom says posting this will increase my fitness level so if it doesn't work I will blame her.  🙂

20201227_183346.jpg

• Like 13

Book Riot Challenge 2021

That faaaace. Pretty sure that's a cardio workout, your heart fitness is now improved.

• Like 3

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

I'm fit! Fuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

• Like 2

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

I am following. I love your coworker. And your plan. And feel for how this year has been stressful, especially as far as politics and causes.

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

The adorably cute Mellow Sidekick who is staring at my phone and wondering if it is edible, as I take his picture, is actually not my tiresome coworker. In fact, he may be offended at the suggestion that he works at anything. :D (The tiresome coworker is human, and a compulsory mansplainer I try my best to avoid.)

Sharpen the Mind

Mediation this morning.

Strengthen the Body

The lunch break walk was not rainy today. It was very pleasant. My lunch retaliated for being eaten by causing stabbing sharp stomach pains and mild nausea, so I sat on the weight bench and did a very small lifting workout for shoulders and arm muscles, because something is better than nothing.

Focus the Soul

Cobra Kai, season 3, continues.

• Like 7

Book Riot Challenge 2021

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

Strengthen the Body

The lunch break walk was not rainy today. It was very pleasant. My lunch retaliated for being eaten by causing stabbing sharp stomach pains and mild nausea, so I sat on the weight bench and did a very small lifting workout for shoulders and arm muscles, because something is better than nothing.

That's pretty metal. Nicely done.

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

15 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Strengthen the Body

That is awesome! Really awesome :) 

Sorry about the bad reaction though.. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

21 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

My lunch retaliated for being eaten by causing stabbing sharp stomach pains and mild nausea, so I sat on the weight bench and did a very small lifting workout for shoulders and arm muscles, because something is better than nothing.

I hate when that happens. But hey, some lifting got done anyway. Take that, stabby stomach.

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

Sharpen the Mind

Mediated in the morning.

Strengthen the Body

Walk on lunch break.

Focus the Soul

Damaged the soul focus a little bit by following new coverage of the "protests" in Washington D.C. Holy shitballs. Restored soul focus by joining a 90 minute virtual legislative session kick-off with the volunteer gang.

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

3 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Focus the Soul

Damaged the soul focus a little bit by following new coverage of the "protests" in Washington D.C. Holy shitballs. Restored soul focus by joining a 90 minute virtual legislative session kick-off with the volunteer gang.

I'm sorry about the state of your country. I try to take a "circle of concern/circle of influence" detachment approach, but Mr Harriet reads all the details and gets upset about it all the time. I just went to sleep and read how it turned out this morning (a benefit of being in a different time zone). I must say, I am not impressed by the resignations. The old boss has been letting us all know for months, or even years, that he does not value the democratic process and would rather undermine it to secure power for himself. And now, at the last hour, when his chance of securing victory is approaching a firmer and firmer zero, a couple of his supporters are saying "no, we can't have this, we love democracy, we have standards." Yeah, right.

• Like 4

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

24 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Extra hugs for you. Let’s hold out hope for 2021, we’ll just pretend it starts on February 12th.

January 20th. I'm willing to compromise and say the 21st.

• Like 4

Book Riot Challenge 2021

2 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

January 20th. I'm willing to compromise and say the 21st.

Amen to that.

Until then, I'm keeping my own calendar: today is the 38th of December, 2020.

How's the stomach?

Good job modifying the lifting. Routine is a huge win.

Sending good thoughts your way, and love to the kitty.

• Like 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines