Scaly Freak decides to weaponize acceptance

On 1/10/2021 at 11:16 PM, Scaly Freak said:

No, I don't have specifics. I think they simply tried hard to live their values every day and when they failed, the put it behind them and tried again the next day. :) 

This might be the most important part. Thank you for sharing :) 

and so nice to see that the lifting is happening!

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

On 1/11/2021 at 11:28 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Every day 2020 falls just a bit farther behind me... and it probably shouldn't surprise me what a difference it makes to avoid reading  news regularly, but it really helps a ton. I have turned off all my newsfeeds and all phone alerts, and I'm in the process of slowly doing the same to my social media feeds. (I'm going slow, so people won't notice that I'm no longer paying attention to them - less drama that way!)

Yes, this helps a ton and I highly recommend it. My son was here visiting last week and on Wednesday he warned me not to go on Facebook. I bet him that I could and sure enough my newsfeed was full of friends posting pics of their kids, baking projects, and pets . . . just like any other day. And all that is because I don't "follow" people who are constantly posting political stuff. The irony is that the only political posts showing up on my newsfeeds were from Mr. Ravenclaw, who like Mr. Harriet (as @Harrietmentioned a few days ago), gets quite stressed over these things.  Of course, I realize that some people use social media to share/support/advance their causes, and to each their own, but then there are people like me who want it to just be a relaxing way to keep in touch with people.

• Like 1

Adulting is Hard. Jesus Helps. 

22 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Sharpen the Mind

Meditated this morning. 

Strengthen the Body

Lunch break walk, but no lifting today.

Focus the Soul

First appointment with my therapist since the holiday break. 

I had to get up at 4:30 AM this morning, since I had a very early meeting, and then I had to work until 5:00 PM anyway because Busy and shit had to get done.  I am sleepy and am going to go do mini-facial papering now, and then I will try to sleep. 

Feeling less sleepy today?

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

2 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Feeling less sleepy today?

Not really. Currently checking the forum between sets of a very modified workout that involves lifting parts of me instead of dumbbells, because it still builds muscle and it's better than skipping the workout. Lack of sleep always hits me harder the second day, like DOMs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

2 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Not really. Currently checking the forum between sets of a very modified workout that involves lifting parts of me instead of dumbbells, because it still builds muscle and it's better than skipping the workout. Lack of sleep always hits me harder the second day, like DOMs.

I hope you catch up on the sleep tonight. In the meantime, nice job getting in a bodyweight workout.

• Like 2

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Sharpen the Mind

Morning meditation, and mindfully played with a new color correcting smoothing primer that has a lot of potential. Also rekindled my close friendship with the Coty Airspun Loose powder, because it remains fantastic.

Strengthen the Body

Today was rest day between lifting days. Husband joined for the lunch break walk with Happy Sidekick again, and we were lucky enough to have very nice weather.

Focus the Soul

Relaxed and lazy evening with Buffy.

• Like 8

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

This is so nice, such a good wholesome thing ❤️ 

It's become our daily thing that we do together now. It has led to some very good conversations too. :) 

• Like 5

Book Riot Challenge 2021

On 1/16/2021 at 12:59 AM, Scaly Freak said:

It's become our daily thing that we do together now. It has led to some very good conversations too. :) 

Apart from outside time just being really good for you, that is definitely the nicest thing about taking walks :) Very good for a relationship. 

• Like 1

❤️ Coty Airspun, despite the Nanna smell. 

• Like 1

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

It's been a few days since my last actual challenge update, so here we go:

Sharpen the Mind

Meditation every day continues. I'm about to go do today's meditation as soon as I'm a done with this post. I am also keeping up my daily streak of Duolingo sessions, which  Isuppose also could count as mind sharpening.

Strengthen the Body

Skipped lifting workouts this weekend. I have today off due to a national holiday in the USA, so I plan to do my lifting while watching the Laker game tonight. Daily walks have happened, and will happen later today as well. 

Focus the Soul

Poker with the old friends and a couple of new ones on Saturday. Much Persona 5 Royal all weekend (we are near The End!), and also played more with makeup. Found a near-dupe to the expensive Stila One-Step Correct Primer via Amazon, and combined it with the Coty Airspun powder and it did look very nice on me. Definitely not recommended for someone whose complexion is not by nature close to paper white though.

• Like 7

Book Riot Challenge 2021

10 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I plan to do my lifting while watching the Laker game tonight

Proof of lifting! 💪🏻

20210118_221512.jpg

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 4

Book Riot Challenge 2021

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Nice one! What's the QR code for?

Advertising.

Scanning it takes you to the logbook manufacturer's website.

• Confused 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

14 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

That is... disappointing.

It really was.

• Angry on your Behalf 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Watch her hand gestures. Watch the pianist. Watch the crystal clear communication between the two of them as they work together to create this performance. 

Skilled professionalism at its best.

• Like 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Sharpen the Mind

Tuesday: Meditation, Duolingo, Mindful makeup.

Wednesday: Forgot to meditate. This irritated me. Did remember the Duolingo.

Today: Meditation happened. Also, makeup mishap (details below).

Strengthen the Body

Tuesday: Lunchbreak walk. Resting day for lifting

Wednesday: Walked with Husband and Happy sidekick. Also lifted.

Today: Happy Sidekick and I walked during my unusually short lunch break today. Also no lifting because that is tomorrow.

Focus the Soul

Tuesday: Persona 5 Royal

Wednesday: Took the day off work  to watch news and take deep breaths and relax. Also watched Buffy slay demons and vampires.

Today: Basketball, reading books, and a nice relaxing bath.

After using the Stila primer dupe every day for a while I finally managed to sniff it by accident when I applied it this morning. Supposedly, no artificial fragrance has been added, which does not automatically mean it is unscented. A lot of fragrance free products have some kind of smell from their ingredients, which normally isn't a big deal. Sometimes they smell a bit weird, sometimes they smell like a bunch of chemicals, but most of the time it's really not a big deal. Most of the time.

This particular primer has a natural fragrance that immediately evoked fond memories of shoveling horse manure out of the stall while the horse was grazing in the field outside.

I wish I was joking.

Now that I have noticed this it is impossible to ignore. My enthusiasm for this texture-smoothing and color correcting marvel of a primer is dramatically reduced.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

On catching up, it looks like you've missed basically no lifting days. If I recall correctly, it has been several challenges since you had a consistent exercise routine (possibly since the you-know-what closed the gyms?). That makes the lifting consistency this challenge all the more impressive.

The primer doesn't still take you down memory lane once it's dry, does it?

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

1 hour ago, juliebarkley said:

On catching up, it looks like you've missed basically no lifting days. If I recall correctly, it has been several challenges since you had a consistent exercise routine (possibly since the you-know-what closed the gyms?). That makes the lifting consistency this challenge all the more impressive.

I stopped going to the gym a couple of months before it closed, and started lifting with the adjustable dumbbells at home instead. I kept doing that until The Flood happened, so it's been since the middle of July or so... around six months in other words. 

I've had one or two instances where I took two days off from lifting instead of the planned single rest day, but aside from that I'm managing to stay on schedule. this is encouraging, since that hopefully means I'll be able to build an actual habit of this, and have it in place in the future when I at some point completely run out of steam.

1 hour ago, juliebarkley said:

The primer doesn't still take you down memory lane once it's dry, does it?

Thankfully not. I just need to hold my breath for the 60+ seconds it takes to apply it 😛 

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Beautiful performance!

33 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

I've had one or two instances where I took two days off from lifting instead of the planned single rest day, but aside from that I'm managing to stay on schedule. this is encouraging, since that hopefully means I'll be able to build an actual habit of this, and have it in place in the future when I at some point completely run out of steam.

This is fantastic!

33 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

Thankfully not. I just need to hold my breath for the 60+ seconds it takes to apply it 😛 

Hahah oh man that sounds terrible. 😄

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

And it's doing it's job of helping with anxiety management too, right? :)

Sorry about the horse manure scent.. but ehh.. breath work yay?