Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So for my 21 Day challenge, I'm supposed to perform 3 random acts of kindness for 3 different people. The problem? I rarely am out & about except for the gym & groceries. I'm thinking that I should go on to the next day's challenge & spread out the RAK quest throughout the rest of the challenge. Thoughts?

  • Like 3

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Link to post
20 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

So for my 21 Day challenge, I'm supposed to perform 3 random acts of kindness for 3 different people. The problem? I rarely am out & about except for the gym & groceries. I'm thinking that I should go on to the next day's challenge & spread out the RAK quest throughout the rest of the challenge. Thoughts?

You can always write letters or video chat with people in nursing homes or I saw something on Facebook, where people bought cheap blankets stuffed them with small toiletries and snacks and handed them out to random homeless people. Unless you're aiming to do RAK for someone that you know personally, this would be a great way to do it.

  • Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Link to post
6 hours ago, Red1263 said:

You can always write letters or video chat with people in nursing homes or I saw something on Facebook, where people bought cheap blankets stuffed them with small toiletries and snacks and handed them out to random homeless people. Unless you're aiming to do RAK for someone that you know personally, this would be a great way to do it.

These are great ideas! Thanks!

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Link to post
On 1/2/2021 at 7:32 PM, fitnessgurl said:

Warrior's Barracks:

 

A warrior needs proper rest:

In bed by 11pm

 

A warrior needs to keep her barracks clean:

Make bed Sunday thru Thursday

 

A warrior needs to be physically fit & flexible:

Exercise 3x per week

Stretch every day

 

A warrior keeps track of her workouts:

Track dates, names of workouts done, & length of workouts

 

Monk's Temple:

 

A disciple spends time with God:

Prayer 

Bible/devotional readings

Sabbath readings

Meditation on memory verses

 

Room of Ritual:

 

Habits must be tracked:

Track challenge activity

 

Journaling helps mental health:

Journal every day to spot weak areas/triggers

 

Athenaeum:

 

Time for learning/recreation:

Knitting-finish my project & start learning a new stitch

 

Do the 21 Day Positive Mindset Challenge

 

Play piano 5x per week for 35 minutes each time

So recap:

Need to improve my bed by 11 goal

I made my bed every day but one

I met my exercise goal & missed 1 day of stretching

I did not do well with recording workouts. ☹

I nailed my Bible goals! 🦸‍♀️

I did fairly well with habit tracking

Missed 3 days out of 7  for journaling

Started learning the new stitch for knitting

Did meh on the 21 day challenge-need to improve

For piano I did 3 out of 5 days

  • Like 6

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Link to post

Heyy, I missed your thread! A little late but following along!  ❤️ 

  • Thanks 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

 

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 
 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Link to post

Just found you and catching up. ☺️

I hope you get over the cold soon! 

 

On 1/6/2021 at 9:46 AM, fitnessgurl said:

What I've learned from the 21 day challenge so far: I apologize for things even when I shouldn't. There are times when I say I'm sorry & I haven't done or said anything wrong. Almost like what I have to say isn't worth saying. Now I need to figure out why I do it.

♥️ I relate to this so hard.  I don't have any real advice, but I read something that stuck with me related to this. I'm paraphrasing badly but the gist of it was reframe the apologies as gratitude. Instead of saying "sorry for talking too much," you can say " thank you for listening." Instead of "sorry for needing help", say "thank you for helping."

It's a sutble difference but it has a more positive feel for both people.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

 

EPIC Quest

Link to post
11 hours ago, MezzotheLefty said:

Just found you and catching up. ☺️

I hope you get over the cold soon! 

 

♥️ I relate to this so hard.  I don't have any real advice, but I read something that stuck with me related to this. I'm paraphrasing badly but the gist of it was reframe the apologies as gratitude. Instead of saying "sorry for talking too much," you can say " thank you for listening." Instead of "sorry for needing help", say "thank you for helping."

It's a sutble difference but it has a more positive feel for both people.

This is great advice! Thank you so much! *hugs*

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Link to post
On 1/2/2021 at 7:32 PM, fitnessgurl said:

Warrior's Barracks:

 

A warrior needs proper rest:

In bed by 11pm

 

A warrior needs to keep her barracks clean:

Make bed Sunday thru Thursday

 

A warrior needs to be physically fit & flexible:

Exercise 3x per week

Stretch every day

 

A warrior keeps track of her workouts:

Track dates, names of workouts done, & length of workouts

 

Monk's Temple:

 

A disciple spends time with God:

Prayer 

Bible/devotional readings

Sabbath readings

Meditation on memory verses

 

Room of Ritual:

 

Habits must be tracked:

Track challenge activity

 

Journaling helps mental health:

Journal every day to spot weak areas/triggers

 

Athenaeum:

 

Time for learning/recreation:

Knitting-finish my project & start learning a new stitch

 

Do the 21 Day Positive Mindset Challenge

 

Play piano 5x per week for 35 minutes each time

I did not exercise or stretch yesterday.

For the 21 Day challenge, I was to record any negative thoughts & replace them with positive ones-citing a biblical example to back it up. I was doing ok until I misplaced something & then internally wigged out. I was not kind to myself. I need to remember that everthing happens for a reason & God works all things for good.

  • Like 5

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Link to post
On 1/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, fitnessgurl said:

For the 21 Day challenge, I was to record any negative thoughts & replace them with positive ones-citing a biblical example to back it up. I was doing ok until I misplaced something & then internally wigged out. I was not kind to myself. I need to remember that everthing happens for a reason & God works all things for good.

It's all good! You've got this!

tumblr_ploowsvZ6E1v8t77vo1_400.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

Link to post

Today was stellar though. I did all the things except journaling. 🥳

I've decided to focus on changing my inner dialog for the rest of my (originally 21 day) challenge. I will continue with the rest of the original challenge at a later date.

  • Like 6

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Link to post
On 1/24/2021 at 11:10 AM, Jupiter said:
On 1/22/2021 at 6:50 AM, Rookie said:

You got this! :)

 

And don't forget to be nice to yourself! Thats important

 

Seconded! :) 

Secon-- Err I mean, Third... ed.

  • Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines