Jarlaxe: Adventurer and Conqueror of Azeroth and Earth!

Alright here I go, my first five weeks of 2021!  Getting straight to the point, my 3 goals for this challenge are:

1. CONSISTENTLY consume 3L (96oz) of water each day.
- I have already been doing this off and on. One time I had a one month streak! The goal here for me is consistency, habit, something I don't think about, I just do.
- I believe getting enough water provides a natural cleanse and promotes weight loss which is something I'm also striving for.
- I suffer with eczema, extremely dry skin, and inflammation and believe more water in my system may help with this
- Currently I have four 24oz reusable cups with lids and reusable straws that I fill every morning with the goal of finishing them all by end of day.  I have found previously after experimenting with so many methods that cups with straws are the easiest and fastest way to get water down.

2. Find a minimum of 1 geocache each week.

- This is a great solo activity, and it gets me out walking, exploring, adventuring, and fresh air is probably a good thing since I've been cooped up at home a lot more over the past year.
- Geocaching is something I enjoy doing and I feel great once I'm out there in the world.  It's getting out of the house that's the hard part. I do daily battles with laziness.  Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't!
- This goal will help me with my overall 2021 goal of reaching 250 finds for the year (I'm currently at 192)
- Any other geocachers on Nerd Fitness?  Look me up on the geocaching website, same user name!

3. Strength train at home 3x each week.

- I was strength training at my local gym a minimum of 3x per week but my gym closed on Dec 13th due to covid regulations and is still closed, and I haven't done a single workout since :(
- I absolutely have the means to do this at home as far as equipment (or bodyweight), space, etc.  My problem is discipline and keeping the momentum going once I start.  And of course daily battles with the laziness boss!
- I'm still striving toward my larger goal of being able to do a pull up.  It's been a long road so far but I want to get there!

While I have been a rebel and an adventurer on Nerd Fitness over the years (and still am!), I think I secretly want to be an assassin so that I can be my World of Warcraft character in real life.  Agile and strong and able to conquer any physical obstacle. Nerd much?!

Hi everyone!

jarlaxe.png

• Like 4

Great simple goals.  I haven't ever got into geocaching.  Do you have an app that you use?

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

14 hours ago, jarlaxetherogue said:

Any other geocachers on Nerd Fitness?  Look me up on the geocaching website, same user name!

Occasionally. For whatever reason, almost all of the ones within walking distance of my home are premium, so I mostly do them when I travel. My username over there is snapping_turtle.

14 hours ago, jarlaxetherogue said:

While I have been a rebel and an adventurer on Nerd Fitness over the years (and still am!), I think I secretly want to be an assassin so that I can be my World of Warcraft character in real life.  Agile and strong and able to conquer any physical obstacle. Nerd much?!

Doable, doable. What are you thinking of for your exercise routine?

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41

On 1/3/2021 at 1:41 PM, Erick the Red said:

Great simple goals.  I haven't ever got into geocaching.  Do you have an app that you use?

Heya thanks for reading! You can go to the official site at geocaching.com for more information and to register an account if you want.  If you're interested in giving it a go, you'll want the app on your phone, it's called simply 'Geocaching' in both apple and android stores I believe.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Occasionally. For whatever reason, almost all of the ones within walking distance of my home are premium, so I mostly do them when I travel. My username over there is snapping_turtle.

Doable, doable. What are you thinking of for your exercise routine?

I have two workouts from Darebee that I like, the Big Back workout and the Assassin's workout.  Did Big Back this morning, woo hoo!  For that one I substitute the first exercise for incline pushups instead.  I've been thinking about (procrastinating) taking another look at the Nerd Fitness workouts as well.  When I did them previously, I was at Bodyweight Level 3 but it's been awhile so I will do the benchmark again, at some point! :) 

Assassins_Workout_Darebee.jpg

Big_Back_Darebee.jpg

• Like 2
5 hours ago, jarlaxetherogue said:

Heya thanks for reading! You can go to the official site at geocaching.com for more information and to register an account if you want.  If you're interested in giving it a go, you'll want the app on your phone, it's called simply 'Geocaching' in both apple and android stores I believe.

I'm trying to get into hiking more, and hiking with a purpose would help.  Thanks!

(Edit to add) I just signed up on the website and loaded the app.  Username "erickthered".  I'll poke at it this week and see if I can get out this weekend around town.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Hey there, I am a geocacher. I hardly ever post on their forums though. My hubby and I use the screen name Cedar family. I love geocaching as a way to get out and walk or hike

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 1/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, Erick the Red said:

I'm trying to get into hiking more, and hiking with a purpose would help.  Thanks!

(Edit to add) I just signed up on the website and loaded the app.  Username "erickthered".  I'll poke at it this week and see if I can get out this weekend around town.

Cool!  I have found that geocaching helps you decide where to hike sometimes, be it pathways in your city or town, or out in the wilderness. It's a great incentive!

On 1/4/2021 at 7:08 PM, Elastigirl said:

Hey there, I am a geocacher. I hardly ever post on their forums though. My hubby and I use the screen name Cedar family. I love geocaching as a way to get out and walk or hike

I totally forgot about the forums until you mentioned it, lol!  I've never posted there either.  I'm following some geocaching facebook groups but that's about it.  I'm a reader but don't post much!

• Like 1

Accountability post for last week:

1) 3L water on 5 of 7 days, missed last Sunday and Wednesday but got 3 out of 4 cups (72oz) down on those days

2) Found a cache on Friday, bringing my total finds to 193

3) Did the Big Back workout (see above) 3x (Monday, Wednesday, Friday).  Felt a bit stiff/sore on Tuesday so that's good I presume, means I did a thing. 😃

Pressing onward to this week!

On 1/12/2021 at 3:18 PM, Anim07734 said:

Robin Williams Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

What's your plan for getting your first pullup?

Hell-o!  Thank you for asking the question, the answer could be a 5-week challenge in itself.  It now has me looking at Steve's article (again) on getting your first pullup:

Get Your First Pull-up Or Chin-up! 30-Day Pull up Progression Plan

This is much more than a 30 day progression plan for me but it's something I have found previously to strive toward.  I have worked on this plan off and on for a long time and like idea of the workouts within, haven't looked at it recently though (until now) and to answer the question briefly, I NEED A PLAN.  I've never gone past Level 1 on Steve's plan but want to do a benchmark test, as I think I could start at Level 3.  I was terrified of my doorway pull up bar (trust issues) so I got something much more sturdy and I have no issues with it.  I also have a band hanging from the bar and I can do assisted chin ups with it with my knee in the band.  Not many though, and I have not tried an assisted pull up as of yet.

When my gym was open I was doing strength training with a trainer 3x a week with a focus on back, shoulders, and abs.  My trainer is aware of my pull up goal so I trusted that the workouts we did were striving toward that.  But since my gym closed due to covid restrictions, I've been left back to my own devices, ha.  And yeah it's not going so well.

Anyway, you've got me looking at this again (thank you!) and I'm considering devising a specific pull up plan for a future 5 week challenge.  I know there was a seven week chin up challenge for Prime members too.  Still though, I struggle with so much looking, not enough doing, haha.

I'm hoping the Darebee 'Big Back' workout that I'm currently doing is helping with back and shoulder strength.  Got to add something with abs though I think.  Dead bugs or ball crunches or something.

This is what I have to work with (aside from dumbbells up to 15lb + 20lb kettlebell that I did rows with):

pullupbar.jpg

• Like 2

I’m a sometimes-geocacher who intends to do more of it as my kids get older. I officially loaded up for our big cross country road trip in 2019 but the family ended up having plenty to do along Route 66 and the kiddos were just a bit too young to all be interested. 

I did a pull-up progression several years ago. You can do it!

Speaking of which, I need to make myself do regular pull-ups again.

• Like 2

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

3 hours ago, jarlaxetherogue said:

When my gym was open I was doing strength training with a trainer 3x a week with a focus on back, shoulders, and abs.  My trainer is aware of my pull up goal so I trusted that the workouts we did were striving toward that.  But since my gym closed due to covid restrictions, I've been left back to my own devices, ha.  And yeah it's not going so well.

I know that feeling.  I used to stop and do a workout on my way home from work, because if I get home, where I have a computer with a comfy chair and a couch in front of a big screen, I won't workout.  I was just starting to get back into that habit last year when everything shutdown and I got switched to telework.  Figuring out how to change those habits is really hard.

My current goal is just to move more each day (no set workout plan yet), but I've found that setting an alarm on my phone to go off after my fiancee goes to bed helps remind me to turn off the games/tv and go do something.  It doesn't happen everyday (still working on that), but it's more than none.  So if there's a time you can set aside for your workouts, that's something you could try.  Hopefully reducing the amount of memory/willpower needed will help build the new habit.

• Like 1

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

On 1/16/2021 at 9:19 AM, Sciread77 said:

I’m a sometimes-geocacher who intends to do more of it as my kids get older. I officially loaded up for our big cross country road trip in 2019 but the family ended up having plenty to do along Route 66 and the kiddos were just a bit too young to all be interested. 

I did a pull-up progression several years ago. You can do it!

Speaking of which, I need to make myself do regular pull-ups again.

Awesome hopefully the kiddos get into it.  While geocaching is a great solo activity, I will admit is is BETTER with friends and family!  And a bit easier too when you have more than one set of eyes and perspective! How many pull ups were you able to do when you did them before?  I'm still 'looking into it', ha :P 

• Like 2
On 1/16/2021 at 11:36 AM, Anim07734 said:

I know that feeling.  I used to stop and do a workout on my way home from work, because if I get home, where I have a computer with a comfy chair and a couch in front of a big screen, I won't workout.  I was just starting to get back into that habit last year when everything shutdown and I got switched to telework.  Figuring out how to change those habits is really hard.

My current goal is just to move more each day (no set workout plan yet), but I've found that setting an alarm on my phone to go off after my fiancee goes to bed helps remind me to turn off the games/tv and go do something.  It doesn't happen everyday (still working on that), but it's more than none.  So if there's a time you can set aside for your workouts, that's something you could try.  Hopefully reducing the amount of memory/willpower needed will help build the new habit.

Stopping at the gym before you were able to get home was probably a good plan, don't give yourself the chance to get lazy first, haha.  I find I'm most productive in the morning and if I can do a workout before I start work, then I've won the day and don't have to stress about it.  I find that the later it gets in the day, I'm less likely to do something.  I get so lazy, even after WFH at a computer all day, I feel exhausted.  Anyway!  I agree with you too with just moving more each day, I think it really does help when sitting at a desk regularly.  8 hours working then another 6-8 hours gaming sometimes, lol.

Cheers and best wishes with all your goals!

• Like 1

1) 3L water on 3 of 7 days, did not do well this time around.  Did 3 days in a row Sun-Mon-Tues then nothing.  Well not nothing, but not even close to my 3L on the other days. I'm scrambling to reach it for today.

2) Found a cache this week, bringing my total finds to 194.  Had to fight for it too, it was underneath a piece of concrete barrier where there was a small hole, but ice buildup on the ground prevented me from getting it out.  Luckily I just happened to have a small pickaxe in my truck, that's normal amiright?!  I was able to chip away at the ice and get the cache out.  For anyone who doesn't know, each geocache has a logbook with it that you are supposed to sign when you find it.

3) Did the Big Back workout (see above) 3x (Monday, Wednesday, Saturday).  Added 4 sets of ball crunches x12 on 1 of those days 😃  Also got myself a spin bike and I did a test ride this morning for 20 minutes.  Butt is a bit sore but I don't think that will last long.  I still want to get in 3x strength workouts for this challenge but start spinning at least on the non-strength days, maybe more!

We press forth!

• Like 2
13 hours ago, jarlaxetherogue said:

Awesome hopefully the kiddos get into it.  While geocaching is a great solo activity, I will admit is is BETTER with friends and family!  And a bit easier too when you have more than one set of eyes and perspective! How many pull ups were you able to do when you did them before?  I'm still 'looking into it', ha :P 

I bet. We finished Gravity Falls recently and they’re huge Indians Jones fans so geocaching is a natural Interest of theirs. 

I topped out at 6 consecutive pull ups. They’ve never been my biggest strength. I can do 3 consecutive pull ups. I started when Jessie got me a pull up bar for Christmas some years ago and began with negatives and flexed hangs. TBH I know weight is a big factor too but I never focused on losing weight in my initial training. I wasn’t terribly far outside of my healthy weight range so it wasn’t nearly as big of a factor. 

I will say that the best thing to do is find some kind of contributing training and jump into it. 

• Like 1

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

Hey there @jarlaxetherogue. Sorry it's taken me so long to comment on your goals, but it looks like you're doing a wonderful job keeping consistent. 

I love geocaching. My wife and daughters and I have found most of the ones in our area, and we have looked for ones while out of town, as well.

You may have talked about this before, but do you have resistance bands? I just picked some up, and they have been the most portable and practical workout equipment I own. I can easily take them to work with me and get a good burn in the morning before my students arrive or during my lunch break.

Keep up the great work. We will be sad to lose you as an Adventurer, but the Assasins are a very noble and welcoming bunch, and I know they would be honored to have you. 

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Elevates

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes Superhuman

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

On 1/3/2021 at 8:52 AM, jarlaxetherogue said:

I think I secretly want to be an assassin so that I can be my World of Warcraft character in real life.  Agile and strong and able to conquer any physical obstacle. Nerd much?!

I would love to hear more about your IRL Warcraft character.  My current RL inspiration is a vaguely Blademaster-ish (from WC3 or Samuro from HOTS) archetype and I've been playing my Arms Warrior as one lately (with the huuuuuuge katana from those summonable bosses from Vashjir)  B) 

• Like 1

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Padded armor, Novigrad longsword, adventurer's pack & alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 1/18/2021 at 5:27 AM, WolfDreamer said:

Hey there @jarlaxetherogue. Sorry it's taken me so long to comment on your goals, but it looks like you're doing a wonderful job keeping consistent. 

I love geocaching. My wife and daughters and I have found most of the ones in our area, and we have looked for ones while out of town, as well.

You may have talked about this before, but do you have resistance bands? I just picked some up, and they have been the most portable and practical workout equipment I own. I can easily take them to work with me and get a good burn in the morning before my students arrive or during my lunch break.

Keep up the great work. We will be sad to lose you as an Adventurer, but the Assasins are a very noble and welcoming bunch, and I know they would be honored to have you. 

Hi @WolfDreamer! Glad to hear there are more geocachers out there!  I like the out of town caches, especially when it's in a state, province, or country that I haven't found one in yet!  I like getting the souvenirs, they are like game achievements to me!

I do have some resistance bands (the red skinny loop ones among a few others) and they are great for travel.  I'm supposed to start traveling again next month for work.  As long as there aren't further restrictions by then.  A bit unnerving with covid raging but nice to go somewhere I guess!  Taking a resistance band or two with me is a must.  I'll have to give the NF band workout a go or maybe research some others or create my own. 

As far as Adventurer versus Assassin, I think it's going to be a long transition, I do still like the aspects of both!

• Like 2

Glad to hear there are more geocachers out there!  I like the out of town caches, especially when it's in a state, province, or country that I haven't found one in yet!  I like getting the souvenirs, they are like game achievements to me!

I neglected to mention, my two oldest and I got metal detectors for Christmas as part of our plans to explore, hunt for treasure, and geocache. 

As far as Adventurer versus Assassin, I think it's going to be a long transition, I do still like the aspects of both!

Multiclassing FTW. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

On 1/18/2021 at 3:12 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I would love to hear more about your IRL Warcraft character.  My current RL inspiration is a vaguely Blademaster-ish (from WC3 or Samuro from HOTS) archetype and I've been playing my Arms Warrior as one lately (with the huuuuuuge katana from those summonable bosses from Vashjir)  B) 

For real life, I just want to be more like my Warcraft character...  In game I am a rogue (in case anyone hadn't guessed).  Rogues can move around easily and swiftly and quietly as they are light on their feet.  They have good co-ordination, no clumsiness there. They are agile and strong with good stamina.    Maybe I should take up parkour or something!

• Like 3

1) 3L water on 4 of 7 days. A bit better than the previous week I guess.  We press forth!

2) Found a cache this week, bringing my total finds to 195.  I did not think I was going to do it.  Had plenty of opportunity all week and didn't go until Saturday. I was a bit desperate for groceries and decided to go to a different store than my usual.  There was a cache along the way that screamed easy (I look online ahead of time and plan accordingly) so I forced myself, ha.  It was cold all week and I wanted to use that as an excuse but it's a very poor one since I've geocached in much colder temps.  It was pure laziness and not wanting to leave my house all week that kept me in.  But I got it done!

3) Did the Big Back workout (see above) 2x and then changed it up and designed some new strength workouts and did one of those.  Well, mainly I went back to Nerd Fitness Gym Workout 3A and 3B and added some extra things.  I started feeling like some of the Big Back exercises weren't giving me enough of a workout, mainly because some of them I think require heavier dumbbells which I don't have.  The deadlifts for example, my dumbbell pairs only go up to 15 lbs.  I found that putting extra weight into two bags and trying to lift was awkward so meh.

So, I did NF Gym 3A on Saturday with some added items.  I still want to put more emphasis on shoulder/back/arms/abs.  I felt weak after this workout so that's good right?  I felt more challenged than with what I had been doing.  I also added the NF Band Workout to my spreadsheet (see all below).  Will have to experiment with it because I don't know if I am able to even do all of them due to a shoulder impingement which I think is very slowly starting to go away.

For the goblet squat I used a 20 lb kettlebell but I think I could do more.  I have one 30 lb dumbbell which I'm going to give a go.  I don't have anything in between 20 and 30 lbs, just the lighter weights.  I found the kettlebell a bit awkward to hold, as it kept slipping from the grasp I was comfortable with, even with gloves on.  Not sure if loading up a backpack would be any better.  We shall see.

Also I did do 3 spin sessions this week on my bike in addition to my strength training so I will call that a win.

NF_Workouts.png

NF_Band_Workout.png

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jarlaxetherogue said:

For real life, I just want to be more like my Warcraft character...  In game I am a rogue (in case anyone hadn't guessed).  Rogues can move around easily and swiftly and quietly as they are light on their feet.  They have good co-ordination, no clumsiness there. They are agile and strong with good stamina.    Maybe I should take up parkour or something!

I mean, there are all sorts of different ways to interpret a Rogue's capabilities... you could look at it as a parkour master who can cover any sort of urban terrain rapidly like an Assassin, or bendy and flexible enough to fit through any space like a yogi/gymnast, or climb any surface like a rock climber, or just as dexterous as you can at home doing those kind of workouts you are now!  You have the motivation (to be like your Rogue), now it's just a matter of finding activity you love and fits the ticket to build a consistent routine that'll get you to your goals B) 

• Like 2

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Padded armor, Novigrad longsword, adventurer's pack & alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines