Jarlaxe: Adventurer and Conqueror of Azeroth and Earth!

1 hour ago, jarlaxetherogue said:

For real life, I just want to be more like my Warcraft character...  In game I am a rogue (in case anyone hadn't guessed).  Rogues can move around easily and swiftly and quietly as they are light on their feet.  They have good co-ordination, no clumsiness there. They are agile and strong with good stamina.    Maybe I should take up parkour or something!

I've never done true parkour, but safety rolls are both fun to do and a good safety reflex to build.  And I've found the quadrupedal movement/animal walk stuff to be really good for my flexibility (in addition to being a lot of fun).

34 minutes ago, jarlaxetherogue said:

I still want to put more emphasis on shoulder/back/arms/abs.

Sounds like handstand training to me. ;)  (There are lots of other good programs online, if you want to look around; that one just has a lower entry point than most.)

• Like 3

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

On 1/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I mean, there are all sorts of different ways to interpret a Rogue's capabilities... you could look at it as a parkour master who can cover any sort of urban terrain rapidly like an Assassin, or bendy and flexible enough to fit through any space like a yogi/gymnast, or climb any surface like a rock climber, or just as dexterous as you can at home doing those kind of workouts you are now!  You have the motivation (to be like your Rogue), now it's just a matter of finding activity you love and fits the ticket to build a consistent routine that'll get you to your goals B) 

Haha I love it, thanks.  So many things to consider...

• Like 1
On 1/24/2021 at 11:14 AM, Anim07734 said:

I've never done true parkour, but safety rolls are both fun to do and a good safety reflex to build.  And I've found the quadrupedal movement/animal walk stuff to be really good for my flexibility (in addition to being a lot of fun).

Sounds like handstand training to me. ;)  (There are lots of other good programs online, if you want to look around; that one just has a lower entry point than most.)

Cool thanks for these great ideas!  The rolls alone would probably make for a good workout, might have to take some Gravol before starting, lol :) Handstands (and heaven forbid, handstand pushups!) sound a bit freaky to me right now, maybe eventually I can get to that point?  Although variations 5 and 6 in the article look like they might be fun to attempt!

• Like 1
On 1/24/2021 at 10:14 AM, Anim07734 said:

Now I totally want to program a workout based around safety rolls and Muay Thai punches/kicks; I'll give it a quirky name based off my Pandaren Monk 🤣

• Like 2

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Padded armor, Novigrad longsword, adventurer's pack & alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Accountability post for last week:

1) It's a good thing I document my daily water goal (if successful), because I would never remember from day to day otherwise.  Got 6 out of 7 days of 3L water this week!  Missed yesterday (Saturday).

2) Found a cache this week, bringing my total finds to 195.  Got it so early on in the week (Monday) that I found myself not needing to worry about it all week.  Except I kept thinking about it all week, like I still needed to get one.  Had to leave the house on Monday but not the rest of the week and was glad to not have to go out.  I don't know if all these thoughts are good or bad, lol.

3) Well, I did two strength workouts and two spin sessions so technically got my minimum 3 workouts in.  Not 100% what I was aiming for though (minimum 3x strength).  I did spend well over an hour one day dissecting and altering the NF resistance band workout.  Anything where I was supposed to lower the band behind my neck (band over and backs, vertical band pull aparts) was absolutely not happening, too much pain in the shoulder.  On another note I was surprised that I was able to improvise an anchor point in my room for doing some of the exercises.  I also however, wanted to make these exercises travel friendly, as I will be traveling for work soon and staying in a hotel.  Not knowing what will be in the hotel, I wanted to include exercises that do not require an anchor point or anything else beyond the band itself and my body, ha.  Image below, I'm still looking to add one or two more band exercises to the travel workout.  The altered home workout ones highlighted in green require an anchor point.  And I'm still looking to focus on the arms/shoulder/back/abs.

Band_Workouts.png.d64eb8dcee17d9d4c8f2e0cd2213466e.png

We press forth!

• Like 2
On 1/31/2021 at 8:33 AM, jarlaxetherogue said:

Oooooooo Pandaren Monks are EXPERTS at rolls, punches, and kicks!  lol  Let me know if you create a workout or even just creatively name one :P 

That was legit the first thing I started doing after leaving my post on your challenge 🤓 so far I've got safety rolls for Roll/Chi Torpedo, time or # of straight punches for Fists of Fury, alternating teeps for Blackout and head kicks for Rising Sun Kick, alternating roundhouse kicks for Spinning Crane Kick, followed by a minute rest between rounds to simulate Zen Meditatin!

It's going to be my Windwalker WOD.  ;) 

On 1/31/2021 at 8:56 AM, jarlaxetherogue said:

We press forth!

Daylight's burning!  

• Like 1

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Padded armor, Novigrad longsword, adventurer's pack & alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines