Alright, I'm here. We need a spreadsheet and some beers, stat. Maybe a points system. We could describe our thoughts about sobreity in haikus each day.

• Wow 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

It isn’t helping my motivation that there is a current viral video dubstep remix of the premier of the next door state (we like him much more than the premier of our state who is basically evil) going “get on the beers”. 

Spoiler

Dangit!!!

So far, so good. Have had a nap every day this year though, so we shall see how I feel once work restarts...

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Alright, I'm here. We need a spreadsheet

I'm just gonna d!ck around with a GL (hope he don't delete my challenge or put it in a subforum where nobody checks...)

Hey @Rurik Harrgath

image.jpeg.2648a9f2c071e0a67137a5fb434ca502.jpeg

J/k I can do one of those myself, but this was too good an opportunity to let it slip by....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

... a little odd in the head ...

I am doing a dry January, so I will join y'all!

• Like 2

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Not sure if I'll have a challenge up this time, but I am also doing Dry January, so following!

Had D&D on Saturday and had part of a bottle of wine left over from last time. If I hadn't been on vacation for two weeks or on the second day of the month, it might have been harder to not drink it. My husband took care of the remainder, so no more worry over surprise alcohol for the next session. 

• Like 4

Hi guys, I am ABSOLUTELY here with y'all!  Will definitely post more later this afternoon here but I wanted to hop in and follow so this thread wouldn't get lost in the shuffle - this goal is very important to me!!

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Here to support y'all 😀 you can do it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I'm just gonna d!ck around with a GL (hope he don't delete my challenge or put it in a subforum where nobody checks...)

Hey @Rurik Harrgath

image.jpeg.2648a9f2c071e0a67137a5fb434ca502.jpeg

J/k I can do one of those myself, but this was too good an opportunity to let it slip by....

Which challenge is that, MDub?  I don't think you even posted one this month... 🤔🤣👅

Seriously though, go ahead and steal mine from the Weight Loss PVP if you want.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I had a dream that I made and drank a very delicious alcoholic beverage*. Then I was sad because I failed dry Jan. I woke up somewhat relieved that it was only a dream.

*dream mechanics, I have no idea what the beverage was, only that it was both delicious and alcoholic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
33 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

I had a dream that I made and drank a very delicious alcoholic beverage*. Then I was sad because I failed dry Jan. I woke up somewhat relieved that it was only a dream.

*dream mechanics, I have no idea what the beverage was, only that it was both delicious and alcoholic.

I sometimes have something similar, but it usually means i have come across a big sum of money. Waking up is a lot less funny...

For now the DryJanuary is going pretty smooth. If i hadn't done this, i would have had a beer yesterday evening, but instead i made tea, with little to no extra effort!

• Like 5

... a little odd in the head ...

44 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

For now the DryJanuary is going pretty smooth. If i hadn't done this, i would have had a beer yesterday evening, but instead i made tea, with little to no extra effort!

Looking good. My january has been totally dry so far. When it's already decided, it's not so difficult to forgo alcohol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

OMG how’d I miss this!? I am so in. Rolled through an AF December as well but it will be soooo much easier and more fun to keep the momentum going with a ragtag band of dry-Jan nerds.

gravity falls chips GIF

Harriet, I’m with you, it’s so much easier for me to pass up alcohol entirely than to have a couple drinks then expect tipsy-self to make good decisions about where to go from there!

I wish you all great sleep, bright eyes and waking up feelin’ like a box of birds. We got this.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Harriet, I’m with you, it’s so much easier for me to pass up alcohol entirely than to have a couple drinks then expect tipsy-self to make good decisions about where to go from there!

I agree COMPLEEEETELY, me after a drink or two is all "oh one more won't hurt!" and suddenly, a bowl full of cheese curls appears, and another drink...

I'm in the morning of day 6! I feel AMAZING. I knew my sleep schedule would improve but I'm honestly shocked at how much!

2 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

waking up feelin’ like a box of birds. 

I have never heard this expression before BUT I LOVE IT!!

Happy Bird GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3

It also helps that happy hour is currently illegal in a lot of places 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Tonight, my new job invited our team out to dinner at a BREWERY and I stuck to my goal of remaining alcohol free this January. I am very proud of myself :D

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 5

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

12 minutes ago, TiogaGirl said:

Now *that* is playing on hard. Well done!!

Haha, yeah. I felt like the only person in the whole building not drinking. I was close to giving in, wanting to show that I was trying to fit in with my new teammates, but decided that "trying to fit in" is not a good reason to break my goals.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

23 hours ago, Aquarii said:

Haha, yeah. I felt like the only person in the whole building not drinking. I was close to giving in, wanting to show that I was trying to fit in with my new teammates, but decided that "trying to fit in" is not a good reason to break my goals.

Noicely done.

• Like 2

So the only time of day I struggle with this feat at all is the transition to coming home after work [or when working from home, the time when I peevishly slam the laptop shut and declare the workday done]. Transition yesterday was good, though! Hubby and I left work early enough to walk home in the sunshine (it was v v cold but a rare bluebird blue sky day), quick hug with kids and dogs, then stripped down to yoga gear and did some YWA, then watched Netflix in the tub. Perfect!! Recommend!

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2
On 1/7/2021 at 7:35 AM, Aquarii said:

This is SO GOOD and this is also definitely hard mode for sure!!  You are a serious Rebel for sticking to your guns!!

46 minutes ago, TiogaGirl said:

So the only time of day I struggle with this feat at all is the transition to coming home after work [or when working from home, the time when I peevishly slam the laptop shut and declare the workday done]. Transition yesterday was good, though! Hubby and I left work early enough to walk home in the sunshine (it was v v cold but a rare bluebird blue sky day), quick hug with kids and dogs, then stripped down to yoga gear and did some YWA, then watched Netflix in the tub. Perfect!! Recommend!

Mine was similar, always after work while dinner was cooking.  It's a hard habit to move out of but I'm glad you filled that space with something positive for you!!

Hi pals, it is the morning of my day 9 here and I'm somehow going strong! The thing I'm still amazed at is how good my sleep benefits; I can't remember the last time I've had this many nights of solid sleep in a row. And the clarity in the mornings; after I get my hot shower I'm 10/10 energized and fog-free and ready to go! I'm fairly certain my weight hasn't changed yet, but I feel slimmer and WAY less bloated so I'll take that win right there~ :D

• Like 2