2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

FEB 1st is a monday

I think for me personally, nothing much is gonna change on that specific date, and for the rest of the month i want to keep it somewhat strict but not as strict as January. Also because i'm actually cruising through Drynuary pretty effortlessly. Only when a social event arises, where others are also drinking, i will have a few drinks. I don't usually overdrink much, and with the whole social restrictions with COVID i doubt anything of that magnitude will pop up. I'm guesstimating around 2-3-ish occasions for February...

And i'm okay with that!

Edit: Ooow yeah, still going strong for January!

Nice plans, nice compliance. Carry on!

I think it would be good just to drink a moderate amount on fridays & saturdays, but I'm reading one of the books @miss_marissa recommended ("drink?"), so maybe I'll learn something and decide to reduce. Hmmm.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

I am planning to hold off on having a bottle of liquor just sitting on the shelf tempting me. It’s nice to have a couple of bevs on date nights, or social events out with friends, but I don’t need to drink at home, certainly not to the level I was doing so last year. I also need to work on my weird jealousy feeling of when Mr has a beer wanting something too. He has a crazy physical job, and is usually drinking a beer while prepping DnD stuff for us, he can afford the calories and sometimes needs the little inhibition removal to get the inspiration flowing. I cannot and do not. I can make myself a lovely herbal tea, or a glass of really icy water, or just suck it up and accept that we are different people with different calorific needs.

I do not plan to drink on Monday 1st, unless some social event happens and we end up going out (unlikely, boxing is on Mondays). I do expect to have a bev if&when sign language meetups happen again, one or two under the belt really loosens the hands.

• Like 4

How's it going, fellow drinkless ones? Now that we're past three weeks, is anyone discovering superpowers they accidentally suppressed with alcohol up until now?

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

How's it going, fellow drinkless ones? Now that we're past three weeks, is anyone discovering superpowers they accidentally suppressed with alcohol up until now?

I feel like I am kind of cheating this thing because I am on strong prescription painkillers right now so a) I couldn't drink anyway even if I wasn't doing this and b) everything's all a bit floaty 

Floating GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 3

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

Well as a matter of fact ... catlike reflexes! See, I keep my pricey bougie skin serums in the medicine cabinet, which happens to live above the toilet. Last night one fell out of the cabinet but BAM I snatched it out of mid air before it could take the terrible plunge.  Try doing that after a Friday at the club.  /flex

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • That's Metal 2

We have now hit 4 weeks strong and are a few days away from crushing January! 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 4

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Kicking all the butts!!!

• Like 2

Went out on a date, and not only did I pass on the (apparently delicious) sake highball, I also passed on the Japanese lemonade (lemonade is my cryptonite and absolutely the grease-covered peak of a slippery slope). I had some green tea instead and was proud of myself. It would have been easy to justify “oh, it’s only a few days early, what does it matter etc etc”, so I am proud of sticking to my guns.

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 2
9 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Went out on a date, and not only did I pass on the (apparently delicious) sake highball, I also passed on the Japanese lemonade (lemonade is my cryptonite and absolutely the grease-covered peak of a slippery slope). I had some green tea instead and was proud of myself. It would have been easy to justify “oh, it’s only a few days early, what does it matter etc etc”, so I am proud of sticking to my guns.

Sometimes the best #FridayFlex is flexing the old self-control. Way to go!!!

• Like 1
On 1/30/2021 at 3:09 AM, Yasha92 said:

Very nice job. ALL the January!!!!

• Like 1

Plan for February:

Keep this *wave around* thing going, but a little more relaxed.

• Keep in place the 2 things i exempted in january (they didn't happen BTW)
  • Allow a beer IF i'm at work friday afternoon (cause that's like the biggest social event for me right now)
  • That's it!

Keep on being Super Awesome!!!

• Like 6

... a little odd in the head ...

Similar here! Decided I can have a bev or two with Mr (if we go on a date, if we’re doing beers and games with the lads etc), but no more drinking on my own ‘just coz’. 

• Like 2

Wooooohooo!

I’m going to keep the booze to drastically reduced level, but will leave open the possibility of having one if it’s something fun and social and out of the house and EPIC.

Pre-pandemic, opportunities for ‘fun and social’ would crop up at least once a week, but we are locked down for foreseeable future 😬 

Anyway - whenever we are next able to gather safely, that will call for some sort of toast!

lin manuel miranda dancing GIF

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone! Well done 😃

• Like 3

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

On 2/2/2021 at 11:34 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Plan for February:

Keep this *wave around* thing going, but a little more relaxed.

• Keep in place the 2 things i exempted in january (they didn't happen BTW)
  • Allow a beer IF i'm at work friday afternoon (cause that's like the biggest social event for me right now)
  • That's it!

Keep on being Super Awesome!!!

FTFY

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor why thank you gif

So basically i'm doing dry janaury again! I've had a total of 4 beers in between. But i want to kick ass with losing weight this month and so i need to be on this too.

I'm gonna take this magic to the very end of the spectrum

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor magic gif

And rename this challenge to

DRYBRUARY

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor pow pow gif

... a little odd in the head ...

• Mr_Willes changed the title to Drybruary '21

Omg those tissues got me 😂 

Mr had a bad day at work today, brought home a couple of beers for himself and a soju for me. I appreciated the thought and I told him so. But I didn’t really feel like having a drink, so I didn’t.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

YES FRIENDS we are back for another round!

OF ASS-KICKING! (Not drinks!)

AvA1.gif

I did have some bourbon at the end of January and found..... I didn't really enjoy myself as much as I thought I would.  HUH.  Go fig.

But Valentine's weekend is coming up and I would like to indulge in a favorite red wine over my 3 days off from work!  So I will likely do that.

But otherwise... DRYBRUARY! I'm enjoying my better sleep and clarity of mind and DEFINITELY feeling slimmer and fitting into my clothes better!

GO TEAM!!

• That's Metal 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Today I have been sober for 365 days. (Not technically 1 year because 2020 was a leap year, but I'm counting it)

I promise it gets easier :) you can do it!

• That's Metal 2

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads