Back in the saddle

My wife was out 5 hours longer with a cat at the vet so my workout got heavily modified.  Also im less than a week out from the Pfizer COVID shot and I can still feel it in OHP

OHP

5*45

5*45

3*50

5*55

5*65

9*70

No downsets, no BBB.  Better than nothing

logged, yes...imperfectly

weighed... 182.  For reference my comp wieght class 4 year ago was 148.

• Like 1

"For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm."

Just remember that Scooty Puff jr sucks!

oof

rest day on working out but my lower back is soooo stiff.  I am losing a lot of flexibility as an old gray beard

I did log my food.  I am questioning if I got everything and I ate like shit.  Currently on my third glass of bourbon.  I have been eating my stress today

amidst an outbreak in inpatient, I was told the patient I was talking to was getting ready to be tested for COVID and should be in isolation.  I was wearing a surgical mask but not an N95.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jenglish said:

I did log my food.  I am questioning if I got everything and I ate like shit.  Currently on my third glass of bourbon.  I have been eating my stress today

That was today, and today happened. As long as it stays where it is now, and doesn't follow you into tomorrow, you're good. And if it does, there is the day after tomorrow.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

5 hours ago, jenglish said:

oof

rest day on working out but my lower back is soooo stiff.  I am losing a lot of flexibility as an old gray beard

amidst an outbreak in inpatient, I was told the patient I was talking to was getting ready to be tested for COVID and should be in isolation.  I was wearing a surgical mask but not an N95.

Sorry about the politics stress and the covid on the geriatric ward stress. I hope they get it under control quickly. Er, I mean the covid. But also possibly the politics, though that seems less likely. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Oooo, what a beautiful cat!

Here is mine :) 

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

9 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

Oooo, what a beautiful cat!

Here is mine :) 

Awww, cutie.  Panzer is the very manliest of cats.  For a fixed cat anyway.  He was quite a specimen 15 years ago lol.  In his old age he barely tolerate me invading the basement to work out.

bench

5*55

5*70

5*80

5*85

5*100

10*115

5*100

10*85

10*75

10*75

10*75

10*75

10*75

DB row

10*50

10*50

10*50

cable pulldowns

10*80

10*80

Havent logged everything yet but much better than yesterday intake wise

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

12 minutes ago, jenglish said:

Awww, cutie.  Panzer is the very manliest of cats.  For a fixed cat anyway.  He was quite a specimen 15 years ago lol.  In his old age he barely tolerate me invading the basement to work out.

That is an unusual cat name, and it is a great name. If the attitude he shows in that photo is any indication, he  lives up to his name with grace and style... :) 

Book Riot Challenge 2021

1 hour ago, jenglish said:

Panzer is the German tanks in WW2.   He had a brother named Sherman, the American tank in WW2.

That's why it's a good name. Panzer clearly has the ability to strike fear in lesser being when he approaches, and he has the body language of someone who knows from experience that if this comes to a fight, he will win. :)

(I used to be a history major, in Europe. WW2 is one of the things we spent a lot of time on. ;)

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

22 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

That's why it's a good name. Panzer clearly has the ability to strike fear in lesser being when he approaches, and he has the body language of someone who knows from experience that if this comes to a fight, he will win. :)

(I used to be a history major, in Europe. WW2 is one of the things we spent a lot of time on. ;)

Lol, didn’t mean to mansplain there.  When there is only one left and it’s the German tank I fear people will mistake the theme so to speak. Nazism seemed more like just a historical reference when I got them. I fear now that people will think me sympathetic to that ideology.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jenglish said:

Lol, didn’t mean to mansplain there.  When there is only one left and it’s the German tank I fear people will mistake the theme so to speak. Nazism seemed more like just a historical reference when I got them. I fear now that people will think me sympathetic to that ideology.

I can kind of see why that would be a concern. Nazism and racism has become a lot more prominent in the past decade....

And I work with mansplainers. That was nothing like it.  :) 

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

178.1# this morning so up and down.  My goal at this point is not yet reeally to focus on weight as much as the habit of weighing .  I would totally take a Hawthorne effect though!

workout, So this one I am gonna let pass as my one non-5/3/1 workout.  Beside doing a few dips to play with new gear, I spent about 10 minutes doing yoga.  WHich I enjoy about as much as stubbing my pinkie toe.  But part of old gray beard status requires some stretching apparently.

Logged my food in MFP.  Made OK food choices.  may go over calories with a glass of wine.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 2:15 AM, Bullroarer Took said:

Clearly you need to get another cat, for the sake of clarity.

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

10 hours ago, Bullroarer Took said:

image.jpg

Really nice set up! 

• Like 1

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines