Walk to Mordor and Back Again (2021)

11 hours ago, AverageFish said:

I learned on the recent hiking vacation that a ghost forest is actually a thing. Who knew? Good spot for epic hiking!

Especially good for spooky fall hiking!

Hit a bit of a snag on my journey, my puppy chewed through my forerunner band which made tracking difficult. Got a new band on it now, though, so we are back on track to Mordor.

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

On 9/21/2021 at 7:28 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Especially good for spooky fall hiking!

Hit a bit of a snag on my journey, my puppy chewed through my forerunner band which made tracking difficult. Got a new band on it now, though, so we are back on track to Mordor.

Good job getting back on track!

I learned that one cause of ghost forests (not the one we saw) is rising sea levels increasing salinity in the groundwater, which has somewhat dampened my enthusiasm.

On the plus side - less than 400 miles to Rivendell (if I'm reading the spreadsheet correctly).

On 12/4/2021 at 5:40 AM, Eorfner said:

Will there be a 2022 version of the spreadsheet?  Or a blank version of the 2021?  I'm considering hosting this to challenge my coworkers.

Thanks!  

Someone will probably create a 2022 version, but if you want to create your own, here's how I'd do it:

Download a copy of the 2019 version (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HTvtlGoIgI1_J5hvwsPWrthtNc2BNVlLvz84DHRmdfU/edit#gid=1687760919). A few things aren't quite current in the 2020 and 2021 versions (mostly related to year titles and pace calcs), so it will be easier for you to start from 2019.

In the Sign Up tab, delete the names and associated numbers in Columns A, B, and C. Delete the forum links and past spreadsheet links if you want.

In each month tab, delete the miles/kilometers entered by previous users. Do a Find/Replace to change "2019" to "2022". Make sure you're also searching within formulas, otherwise the Daily Pace calcs will be wrong.

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27, #28#29#30#31Current

Walk to Mordor: 2019, 2020, 2021202220232024

On 12/6/2021 at 2:23 PM, Ranger Hal said:

Someone will probably create a 2022 version, but if you want to create your own, here's how I'd do it:

Download a copy of the 2019 version (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HTvtlGoIgI1_J5hvwsPWrthtNc2BNVlLvz84DHRmdfU/edit#gid=1687760919). A few things aren't quite current in the 2020 and 2021 versions (mostly related to year titles and pace calcs), so it will be easier for you to start from 2019.

In the Sign Up tab, delete the names and associated numbers in Columns A, B, and C. Delete the forum links and past spreadsheet links if you want.

In each month tab, delete the miles/kilometers entered by previous users. Do a Find/Replace to change "2019" to "2022". Make sure you're also searching within formulas, otherwise the Daily Pace calcs will be wrong.

Perfect!  Thank you so much!