Jump to content

Jupiter Shows Up


Recommended Posts

Hey nerds, Jupiter here. So I'm a little late to this challenge. Work has been kicking my butt lately (more than usual), but I'm going to try to be here and do what I can. My list of goals:

 

- Strength training

- Yoga

- Eat healthy breakfast/dinner 

- Revise my novel

- Read

- Meditate

 

I should probably be more specific with them but honestly whatever I'm able to do I'm happy with. I just don't want to lose these good habits so even if I can only do one thing for five minutes, I will call it a win. Anyway, let's do this. :) 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jupiter said:

 

I should probably be more specific with them but honestly whatever I'm able to do I'm happy with. I just don't want to lose these good habits so even if I can only do one thing for five minutes, I will call it a win.

 

Because it will be a win. 

 

Winner GIFs | Tenor

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I should probably be more specific with them but honestly whatever I'm able to do I'm happy with. I just don't want to lose these good habits so even if I can only do one thing for five minutes, I will call it a win. Anyway, let's do this. :) 

You can always make it more specific later if you need to, so don't worry about that. Yay habits!

  • Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39 

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Jupiter said:

So I'm a little late to this challenge.

image.jpeg

 

Or she, as the case may be ;)

 

  • Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to comment
On 1/9/2021 at 5:06 PM, Defining said:

supportive-gif-1.gif

 

On 1/9/2021 at 5:35 PM, fitnessgurl said:

received_255563579085213.gif

 

On 1/9/2021 at 6:14 PM, Scaly Freak said:

 

Because it will be a win. 

 

Winner GIFs | Tenor

 

Thank you guys!! :) ❤️❤️

 

On 1/9/2021 at 6:24 PM, Athena said:

Huh, from my angle it looks like you are the one doing the butt kicking... 😇

 

Hey, glad to hear from you. 

 

Thanks, I appreciate that. :D Glad you're here! :) 

 

22 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

You can always make it more specific later if you need to, so don't worry about that. Yay habits!

 

Very true! Thanks! :) 

 

20 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

image.jpeg

 

Or she, as the case may be ;)

 

 

LOL, just so. :D 

 

18 hours ago, Waanie said:

Following :).

 

Yay, glad to have you! :) 

Link to comment

Didn't get much done today. I seem to keep getting up later and later on the weekends and yet I'm just more tired. Anyway, stats:

 

- Strength training

- Yoga

- Eat healthy breakfast/dinner -- Had cream of wheat for breakfast and a frozen meal for dinner, but it had veggies in it, so I'm counting it. 

- Revise my novel -- Only got through about a half a page. 

- Read -- Read most of the day and finished "The Female of the Species" by Mindy McGinnis. I enjoyed it but it was intense. 

- Meditate

 

Anyway, that's all I've got. 

  • Like 6
  • That's Metal 1
Link to comment

Work was fairly calm today, all things considered. My supervisor let me know that I'm now one of the fastest/biggest producers they have. Maybe that means upper management will leave me alone now. Anyway, stats for the day:

 

- Strength training -- Did 2 sets. Didn't eat much during the day and I was tired, so it was harder than usual, but I did it. It helps that I've added an incentive. I can watch one episode of Agent Carter while I do a workout. This makes it much easier to get through despite the tired. 

- Yoga

- Eat healthy breakfast/dinner -- Had a protein bar for breakfast and rotisserie chicken with frozen veggies for dinner. 

- Revise my novel -- Spent an hour on chapter 1 and got through about a page. Also wrote out some notes. 

- Read -- Will do this after I log off. 

- Meditate

 

Not too bad for a Monday. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Work was fairly calm today, all things considered. My supervisor let me know that I'm now one of the fastest/biggest producers they have. Maybe that means upper management will leave me alone now. 

 

Of course you are. Duh. :) 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Link to comment

I found your thread! It looks like a really solid list of habits. Strength, yoga, meditation, reading and writing.... all excellent and worthy things.

  • Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

Link to comment
19 hours ago, Jupiter said:

- Strength training -- Did 2 sets. Didn't eat much during the day and I was tired, so it was harder than usual, but I did it. It helps that I've added an incentive. I can watch one episode of Agent Carter while I do a workout. This makes it much easier to get through despite the tired. 

You are a rock star! 🤩

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

Link to comment
20 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Work was fairly calm today, all things considered. My supervisor let me know that I'm now one of the fastest/biggest producers they have. Maybe that means upper management will leave me alone now. 

 

That sounds like a great complement. Good for you for crushing things at work! :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Link to comment
On 1/12/2021 at 5:12 AM, Jupiter said:

- Strength training -- Did 2 sets. Didn't eat much during the day and I was tired, so it was harder than usual, but I did it. It helps that I've added an incentive. I can watch one episode of Agent Carter while I do a workout. This makes it much easier to get through despite the tired. 

I love this combining of stuff, way to go :).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 1/11/2021 at 9:18 PM, Scaly Freak said:

 

Of course you are. Duh. :) 

 

On 1/12/2021 at 11:13 AM, Harriet said:

I found your thread! It looks like a really solid list of habits. Strength, yoga, meditation, reading and writing.... all excellent and worthy things.

 

On 1/12/2021 at 5:01 PM, Defining said:

You are a rock star! 🤩

 

On 1/12/2021 at 6:03 PM, Aquarii said:

 

That sounds like a great complement. Good for you for crushing things at work! :)

 

On 1/13/2021 at 8:18 AM, fitnessgurl said:

Woot!

 

11 hours ago, Waanie said:

I love this combining of stuff, way to go :).

 

Thank you guys!! :) ❤️❤️

  • Like 4
Link to comment

So, I disappeared this week. My bad. I have surprisingly kept up with things, though. Quick recap:

 

- Strength training -- Did 2 sets once this week. 

- Yoga -- Did around 15 minutes once. 

- Eat healthy breakfast/dinner -- Had at least a somewhat healthy breakfast/dinner every day this week.

- Revise my novel -- Revised my novel every day except for Friday. The shortest amount of time I spent on it was 20 minutes, longest an hour. Not bad. 

- Read -- Only 2 days. 

- Meditate -- Nada. Zilch. Don't know why. 

 

Not too bad all things considered. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment

On to today:

 

- Strength training 

- Yoga -- Did 16 minutes. 

- Eat healthy breakfast/dinner -- Had cream of wheat for breakfast. I got another rotisserie chicken at the store (these have been a lifesaver) so I cut up some of that and had frozen veggies for dinner.  

- Revise my novel -- Worked on it for an hour. I decided to write an alternate first chapter. I like what I have, but I'm not sure it really fits with the themes and overall tone of the story anymore, so I wrote up something else, just to see if I like it better. I think I do, but I need to go back through it and revise. I spent an hour today just on the first paragraph though, so I'm not sure if that means yay or nay yet. 😕 

- Read -- I read most of the day and finished this book called "Empire of Sand" by Tasha Suri. Pretty decent book. That makes 4 for the year so far. 

- Meditate

 

I am so, so exhausted. I mostly rested this weekend and I'm still so tired. And stress eating lots of chocolate again. I can't stop eating it. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Jupiter said:

On to today:

 

- Strength training 

- Yoga -- Did 16 minutes. 

- Eat healthy breakfast/dinner -- Had cream of wheat for breakfast. I got another rotisserie chicken at the store (these have been a lifesaver) so I cut up some of that and had frozen veggies for dinner.  

- Revise my novel -- Worked on it for an hour. I decided to write an alternate first chapter. I like what I have, but I'm not sure it really fits with the themes and overall tone of the story anymore, so I wrote up something else, just to see if I like it better. I think I do, but I need to go back through it and revise. I spent an hour today just on the first paragraph though, so I'm not sure if that means yay or nay yet. 😕 

- Read -- I read most of the day and finished this book called "Empire of Sand" by Tasha Suri. Pretty decent book. That makes 4 for the year so far. 

- Meditate

 

I am so, so exhausted. I mostly rested this weekend and I'm still so tired. And stress eating lots of chocolate again. I can't stop eating it. 

 

Sorry about the tired. I have no solutions, unfortunately, only sympathy. It's good that you're establishing the habit of working on your novel daily, even if paragraph one is resisting you 🙂

  • Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

Link to comment
21 hours ago, Jupiter said:

 And stress eating lots of chocolate again. I can't stop eating it. 

Chocolate releases happy hormones, take the happy where it comes. Your 'done' list is fantastic, doubly so since you're feeling tired!

  • Like 2

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

Link to comment
22 hours ago, Harriet said:

 

Sorry about the tired. I have no solutions, unfortunately, only sympathy. It's good that you're establishing the habit of working on your novel daily, even if paragraph one is resisting you 🙂

 

Yeah, it'll pass eventually, I just need to ride it out. I did also figure out the first paragraph. Thanks! :) 

 

2 hours ago, Defining said:

Chocolate releases happy hormones, take the happy where it comes. Your 'done' list is fantastic, doubly so since you're feeling tired!

 

Yeah true. Problem is, my acne is really bad now so I need to find a way to cut back. And thanks! :) 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Work was quiet today because of the holiday, which I'm thankful for because I was not with it at all. I don't even know how I got up this morning. I was surprisingly better by the afternoon though and was able to get some stuff done. Stats:

 

- Strength training -- Did 2 sets. I wasn't feeling Agent Carter today so I watched an episode of Arrow while working out. Wasn't as hard today as I was expecting. 

- Yoga 

- Eat healthy breakfast/dinner -- Had a protein bar for breakfast and leftovers of rotisserie chicken and frozen veggies for dinner. 

- Revise my novel -- Worked for about 40 minutes. Figured out the first paragraph and got through roughly a page. It's not bad so far. 

- Read -- I did some quick research and read a non-fiction article or two, so I suppose that counts. 

- Meditate

 

That's all I got. Onward. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines