Last challenge I realized I have compassion fatigue and early stage burnout. This is not surprising given my profession (Hospital Chaplain) and the state of the world (pandemic), and the fact that our team of chaplains at my facility was at 50% strength for some time. I have a session during zero week with a counselor to begin addressing the burnout and compassion fatigue, and one chaplain who was out on leave is coming back, and we are getting another chaplain transferring in to bring us up to full strength. I also have a week off from work during week 4 of the challenge. Those will help. Good news from last challenge is that I got my A1C back down out of the pre-diabetic range.

What will help along with the counseling and week off is Not Giving Up (a title I also considered for the challenge) on fitness and nutrition. I will stick with walks, KB workouts, and Stretching. I will continue to cook healthy meals and eat intuitively.

Also, as I write this, the leaves have finally finished coming off my red oaks and I can already see the buds of new leaves on the tree. We are in the waiting stage of winter (such as it is for South Texas) and The Vernal Equinox will happen right after the end of the challenge. So as the plants wait for spring to bud forth, I wait for the effects of continuing on with fitness and nutrition to become visible.

This is a challenge of patience, of healing, and of hope.

Always hope.

P.S. I tend to write about what I cook in ways that induce hunger, so don't come here if you are hungry, and even if you aren't hungry, it's not a bad ide to have a snack to hand before checking on my thread.  

You have been warned.

• Like 32

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We are in the waiting stage of winter

I am with you on this.  SOOOOO ready for winter to be over already!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

P.S. I tend to write about what I cook in ways that induce hunger, so don't come here if you are hungry, and even if you aren't hungry, it's not a bad ide to have a snack to hand before checking on my thread.  

You have been warned.

So accurate, even without pictures, seriously people, don't come here hungry!

Glad that you're seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, I cannot imagine the things that people in your industry have seen through all of this. Thankful for you my friend!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE Moves

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 63

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is a challenge of patience, of healing, and of hope.

Always hope.

Beautiful ❤️ 

Following to see you take good care of yourself. 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am with you on this.  SOOOOO ready for winter to be over already!

Well, you are experiencing actual winter. I'm in Texas Winter, but the metaphor seemed apt.

10 hours ago, RES said:

So accurate, even without pictures, seriously people, don't come here hungry!

Glad that you're seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, I cannot imagine the things that people in your industry have seen through all of this. Thankful for you my friend!

Honestly, it's more a pace and tempo kind of thing than any one incident.

9 hours ago, deftona said:

Beautiful ❤️ 

Following to see you take good care of yourself. 

Thank you, and welcome.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

❤️

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Buds on trees... mmm... *eyeballs 6 inches of snow outside that's still falling*

I ❤️ winter though, so I'll take it~

Here to see you take care of yourself!!

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good news from last challenge is that I got my A1C back down out of the pre-diabetic range.

Awesome!!  Hope you are able to get a break for your mind this challenge!!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

1 hour ago, spezzy said:

You got this! :D 

giphy.gif

Ahhhhhhh, a Nat 20.

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

❤️

💚

41 minutes ago, shaar said:

Buds on trees... mmm... *eyeballs 6 inches of snow outside that's still falling*

I ❤️ winter though, so I'll take it~

Here to see you take care of yourself!!

I hope to put on a good show :) 

21 minutes ago, Novaurora said:

Awesome!!  Hope you are able to get a break for your mind this challenge!!!

Me too.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Never give up, never surrender!

following, for the hope ^_^

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Never give up, never surrender!

following, for the hope ^_^

49504497.jpg

Today is a good day. Had a good day at church, then had some good leftovers for lunch. I put Little Bit down for a nap and I took one too. It was heavenly. While we napped Sra. Tanque went and got a much needed 1 hour massage. Did laundry that is still ongoing. Dinner was (remember, don't come here hungry) very good.

I cooked some chopped chicken thighs in avocado oil with salt, pepper, dried basil and lots of balsamic vinegar. Meanwhile I put some halved grape tomatoes in bowls with mozzarella pearls, sliced kalamata olives, dried basil, and balsamic vinegar. I put the chicken over everything else and it make a very refreshing caprese chicken bowl. We had a salad kit on the side.

• Like 15

Current Challenge

Here for the food and the hope. :)  And this thread reminds me of this song, that always makes me feel better, so of course I have to post it.

• Like 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

The title of Not Giving Up is good, but I really like the theme of spring and hope and healing.Spring is such a time of  hope.  We have yet to see signs of spring, but hopefully soon, and for sure by challenge end

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Following as always 

• Like 1

Level 78 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Everything in me is craving spring and I'm here to hold space with you.  :)  And you don't need me to remind you of this, but please continue to make time for yourself to rest and do replenishing things as needed, even if that means spending less time here. A healthy Tank is much more important to us than an ever-present Tank.

• Like 6

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Following the Paladin as he heals the most important person in his party! Himself!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

10 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Here for the food and the hope. :)  And this thread reminds me of this song, that always makes me feel better, so of course I have to post it.

There will be plenty of food and hope.

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The title of Not Giving Up is good, but I really like the theme of spring and hope and healing.Spring is such a time of  hope.  We have yet to see signs of spring, but hopefully soon, and for sure by challenge end

I've gotten more attuned to the change of the seasons as the years go by.

8 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Following as always 

Welcome as always.

6 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Following the Paladin as he heals the most important person in his party! Himself!

:D 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Following along, old friend ;) 

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

8 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Anyone who has played a healer in an MMORPGs know this isn't nearly as much of a joke as it seems. ;) 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

I feel you with this challenge! these are hard times and your job must be extra hard right now. Love the idea of patiently waiting for the seeds to pop! Wishing you all the best! Its good to have you here! :)

• Like 1

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

Here with you on the health and healing journey! I feel that quite strongly

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

It's Just Logical - Jedi Studies Under Eraserhead

Jedi Battle Log

“If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit, remember for what cause you clench your fists! Remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit”

- Toshinori Yagi (All Might), My Hero Academia

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49

2 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Following along, old friend ;) 

Wolf

ryan reynolds deadpool GIF by Deadpool's Fun Sack

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

Anyone who has played a healer in an MMORPGs know this isn't nearly as much of a joke as it seems. ;) 

I've mainly played table tops, but it's true there too. Can't give any heals if you're at 0 HP

1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I feel you with this challenge! these are hard times and your job must be extra hard right now. Love the idea of patiently waiting for the seeds to pop! Wishing you all the best! Its good to have you here! :)

Thank you.

59 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Here with you on the health and healing journey! I feel that quite strongly

:D 

• Like 5

Current Challenge

12 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've mainly played table tops, but it's true there too. Can't give any heals if you're at 0 HP

I used to have a notepad window open with a message I could quickly paste into group chat, that said something along the lines of, "healer dies, everyone dies" when I needed to focus on getting myself back to safe HP levels. Of course, with a good group, that hardly ever becomes an issue.... at  higher levels, most thanks know better than to leave the healer unguarded. :) 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Great theme.  I'm hoping things start to ease up for you during this challenge.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4