» shaar; astral precision

- - -

She found herself holding her breath for a long beat - one, two, three - before releasing it slowly through her nose. A delicate frown creased her pale features, dark brows furrowed just enough to show her emotions on her proverbial sleeve. Shaar kom Starkru let out a thoughtful hum as she stood from her makeshift seat of a long since fallen tree, the trunk and bark nearly crystallized from years of withstanding the elements. Splayed fingers brushed across the front of her charcoal fur-lined cloak, careful to avoid the bits of bone fragments weaved intricately throughout the hem - the movements were easy and practiced, as if second nature.

“Find anything?”

She heard the man’s voice and tilted her head to one side, casting a glance through wayward dark hair to see The Fury crouched just a bit further up in the tree. He’d been waiting, silently; dutiful. Strange for him, she thought, but dismissed it nonetheless.

“No.” Her reply was simple, albeit tinged with a lacing of disappointment, and she averted her gaze as she heard him shift to jump to the ground, landing softly. A chill breeze cut through the night forest, and Shaar drew her cloak tighter about narrow shoulders, the frown returning to curve her lips gently downwards.

“Lemme see.” The Fury reached for her gauntleted hand and pulled it close, turning her palm to face skyward, cradling the back of her hand in his own palm. The holographic map blipped into view, bright points and lines alike, and Shaar felt the intrinsic warmth of the aspect as he stood at her side, studying. They remained in silence for a moment before he spoke again, a single word - “... Dumbass,” - the expression soft and tinged with an unseen smile, and The Fury leaned forward just a bit to place his thumb and index finger directly to the center of the map. “... ‘S too big.” His follow-up was almost apologetic as he spread the two fingers on the screen, zooming in on their position and vastly shortening the radius and view distance of the map.

Shaar hummed again, this time with an edge of distaste, but she knew he was right. The two exchanged a knowing glance, wordless, before she dipped her chin in agreement.  He was right... this time.

- - -

» Shaar kom Starkru

bardic time-mage; of the furious heart, traveler 'twixt the stars

Spoiler

Race: Human l'Cie
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Stats: STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Appearance: Shaar is short of stature, clocking in at a huge 5'3", but don't let that fool you; you know what they say about little dogs having the loudest bark? Yeah, that generally applies here. Long dark hair is often pulled into a high ponytail, various small braids woven into bits of it, adorned in kind with an assortment of small feathers and beads at their tie-offs. Jaw-length bangs frame a pale face that nine out of ten times is harboring at least a ghost of a smile, if not on her lips then lingering in forest green eyes. She is generally clad in dark colors as per her preference; layers of fur and leathers that seem comfortable and well-worn enwrap her small form, a pair of charcoal over the knee boots topped off by a light hooded cloak draped across her shoulders, fur-lined and dotted with various bone pieces and feathers along its hem. Despite her egregious nature she prefers to dress diminutively, save for a few special notations - her right wrist bears a gauntlet of sorts, a distinct covering of delicate bones settled in a single layer atop her forearm, all fitting together a bit too neatly - a single ring rests comfortable on her right ring finger, a set of pewter-cast swallow claws clutching a bezeled moonstone - and an intricately stitched leather belt slung low across her hips, housing more than a few sheathed short knives, and a small pouch containing... who knows what.

Personality: Charismatic to a fault, there is a reason Shaar is a bard first and anything else second. She is a textbook extrovert and 9 out of 10 times will be not only ready, but thrilled to strike up a conversation with anyone, anytime, about anything at all. A patron acolyte of The Fury, Shaar is also a very steadfast and tenacious individual and can be very forceful in her ideals and beliefs, or defending those she cares about or shows loyalty to. She is always very off the cuff, joking and casual in most any situation - if you witness her get steely and serious, you know shit's hit the fan. She's got a temper and often swears like a sailor, but for the most part her heart is in the right place and she tends to funnel her wild exuberance into mostly non-reckless behavior. 

Talents: bard; There are many darkened taverns, in far-flung areas of the world, where legends exist of a small girl effectively shit-talking alpha thugs to the point of rendering them speechless. This is the legacy of Shaar - not only demeaning bullies and adversaries into a pile of mush with her continuous string of curse words and putdowns, but also flipping that skill completely around to support and enliven her friends at the drop of a hat. Nothing brings Shaar more joy than being able to bring laughter to a friend or ally in their darkest hour - well, aside from trash talking criminals, naturally.
time-mage; A traveler and shepherd of the stars, not by choice, but by nothing more than circumstance and necessity, Shaar has the ability to hold the fates in the palm of her hand. Existing in multitudes across worlds, the burdens she has shouldered and overcome have opened the doors to travel between realms, allowing her a myriad of resources to not only entrap and hinder her adversaries, but to benefit herself and her allies on the field of battle as well..
l'Cie; Shaar is a l'Cie - a human chosen by agents of the world's gods as servants to fulfill a focus or greater task. She knows very little of her racial upbringing, save that she is a patron of The Fury and that she harbors quietly long-lost attributes of the time mage, a sect of people little known to her world. 

HELLO ALL! Welcome to the second challenge of this year! (Or maybe the third, I had a heck of a time finding an actual link that would let me post here instead of the last month's forums!)  My first one went really well despite the world still being a little, uh, shittastic, and despite me falling off the posting wagon... but I’m full of goals and here to knock them out one by one! Even though I struggled to post consistently, I hit a HUGE goal for me personally - completing Dry January.  I went from drinking nearly every day over the course of 2020 (thanks pandemic) and having a history of alcohol just being a part of my life, to cutting it completely out save for the wayward family dinner or drink or two on the weekend.  This alone was a MASSIVE accomplishment for me and has really shifted my mind into gearing up for even bigger things...

tenor.gif

Quick intro - hi! I’m shaar, chaos Ranger living in New England with her boyfriend (henceforth Ao).  I’ve been here since 2014 but last year was a rough one and I’ve backslid a bit (as I’m sure you totally get) but I’m more motivated than ever to stay on this track I’ve found and do ALL the things and stay in good health and good shape. I used to lift and loved the barbell but since covid and moving here my access has been lost, so currently I’m utilizing whatever weights I can find, my work treadmill, and I have my eyes on a kayak and probably a bike too.......  While I am a ranger, my alter-ego is Shaar kom Starkru, a bardic time-mage who is traveling the stars to find her way in the universe. I’m a big nerd and I love video games and horror films and cooking!

(That wasn’t quick at all, huh? Sorry--)

A - ny - ways ...

I have two whole big goals this time.  They Are Important. Because they are going to continue to lay the groundwork for something I need back in my life - CONSISTENCY.

1.  Exercise 3 times a week. Straightforward, easy.
2.  Log my food intake daily. I will be using MFP for this, but I will NOT have a calorie goal to meet. I’m just doing this for a baseline to see where I’m at and where I can improve. I feel that my fooding is currently Very Good but also may be A Little In Excess. My clothes are still a little bit tight. I don’t like it.

If I want to be fit and healthy when springtime hits I NEED to rebuild these habits. Outside of this I will also have smaller, weekly goals to work on as each week passes that I'll update in this thread as I go. I think having a couple of bigger overarching goals to work on, and peppering in smaller things as they present themselves, will be a sustainable format for me.  A LOT can change for me rather quickly, even in a 5 week span, as I’m seeing, so I’m going to adapt to play the game right. :3

87e4c2b189d9e041c2cad2eb0638c977db5745f6

SO.  That’s it!  Keep it real shaar and GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER LET’S GOOOOOOOOO

• Like 10

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Here for this!  Where is the magical link that doesn't send you to last challenge?  I am having the same issue!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

27 minutes ago, shaar said:

CONSISTENCY

relate you can do it GIF by Spice Girls

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

2 hours ago, shaar said:

but I’m more motivated than ever to stay on this track I’ve found and do ALL the things and stay in good health and good shape.

YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

All aboard the motivation train!

Image result for choo choo motherfucker

2 hours ago, shaar said:

I have two whole big goals this time.  They Are Important. Because they are going to continue to lay the groundwork for something I need back in my life - CONSISTENCY.

I'm totally behind you on the simple consistency goals!  Mega minimalized my shit too this challenge.  Let's do this!

Image result for ffxiv gif monk

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

1 hour ago, shaar said:

- - -

HELLO ALL! Welcome to the second challenge of this year! (Or maybe the third, I had a heck of a time finding an actual link that would let me post here instead of the last month's forums!) 

1 hour ago, Novaurora said:

Here for this!  Where is the magical link that doesn't send you to last challenge?  I am having the same issue!

Sorry about that, updated! It was right next to the STACI HARD CODING THINGS IS DUMB FIX THIS BEFORE NEXT CHALLENGE comment I left myself in the code 😬😬😬😬😬

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
3 minutes ago, spezzy said:

Sorry about that, updated! It was right next to the STACI HARD CODING THINGS IS DUMB FIX THIS BEFORE NEXT CHALLENGE comment I left myself in the code 😬😬😬😬😬

It's cool.  We appreciate all the effort you guys put in to give us this space!!  

• Like 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

Seep some dedication that you showed last month into your efforts this month.

Attack them with the same determination and keep your eyes on the prize. If you do the things, the results will come. It really is as simple as doing it.

I'm gonna hop in a few times also to check on your progress AND make sure progress from last month wasn't in vain!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor we got this friend gif

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

Hey hey hey!! Happy to see you ^_^

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

It's Just Logical - Jedi Studies Under Eraserhead

Jedi Battle Log

“If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit, remember for what cause you clench your fists! Remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit”

- Toshinori Yagi (All Might), My Hero Academia

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49

16 hours ago, Novaurora said:

HI FRIEND welcome back!!❤️ I’m glad it wasn’t just me and also that it’s fixed!

16 hours ago, Cheetah said:

relate you can do it GIF by Spice Girls

We got this!!!!

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hallo Fren.

I am here for CAPSLOCKSOLIDARITYOMGIAMURFRIENDURMYFRIENDWERFRIENDS!

HIHELLOGREETINGSIAMALSOGLADWERFRENDSTHANKS4BEINGTHEBESTLEADEREVER

16 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

All aboard the motivation train!

Image result for choo choo motherfucker

I'm totally behind you on the simple consistency goals!  Mega minimalized my shit too this challenge.  Let's do this!

Image result for ffxiv gif monk

YES for minimalist structure!! So hard amidst the Rangerbrain but definitely necessary!

15 hours ago, spezzy said:

STACI IS THE BOMB AND YOU ARE AMAZING FOR CONSTANTLY WORKING HARD FOR US TO ALWAYS DO THE THING!! 💗

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

SHAAAAAAAR :)

Here for this, of course! You are so cool and amazing and I am so so happy to call you my friend. 

Excited to see you reach your goals xx

HI SAL

Always glad to have your support!!

7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Seep some dedication that you showed last month into your efforts this month.

Attack them with the same determination and keep your eyes on the prize. If you do the things, the results will come. It really is as simple as doing it.

I'm gonna hop in a few times also to check on your progress AND make sure progress from last month wasn't in vain!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor we got this friend gif

This is powerful and MOTIVATING! We can totally go up from here and IM SO EXCITED FOR PROGRESS!

Also here is to more Discord gifs HA!

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

O HAI FREN!

WHAT UP HOMEY I AM ALWAYS GLAD TO SEE YOU HEREEEEEEE!!!!!

1 hour ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Hey hey hey!! Happy to see you ^_^

❤️❤️ ALWAYS happy to see you too!!!

Hi guys t is lunch here and I am updating from my iPad and I kinda hate it so bigger update later, I’ll try to check out everyone’s new shiny stuff nowwwww!!

• Like 2

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

5 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

HI, FOLLOWING :D

Foxxxxxx HI WELCOME! ❤️❤️  Are you challenging with us this challenge? Or have you already posted it and I can't find it because I'm a big loser?? Time will tell.... :3

3 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Happy new challenge!

THANKS BIG FULKERSON!!!

z e r o w e e k

Hi guys I'm home from work and said I would come in with an update, so here I am.

I've already logged my food for the past TWO DAYS DAMN SON WHAT NOW.  Yesterday the majority of my calories came from cornbread (ehe) (i made chili saturday so whatever) but today was much more structured.   In any case yesterday was my highest calorie day at 1700 so that's not terrible, especially in the dead-ass of winter.  I'm honestly not sure what to shoot for so I'm just tracking for now.... I guess.......

I can be a very competitive person sometimes (HA), so the numbers game can be good and ALSO bad!  Past Shaar struggled with getting a little too obsessive, Current Day Shaar knows a little better and is happier with herself, so..

SPEAKING of tracking things.  Ao got a fly-ass Fitbit this weekend and we are all starry-eyed with awe at all the shit it tracks.   I'm far from an impulse purchaser ("measure twice", cut once, wait maybe I should measure another time, mmm maybe just ONE more time, just in case... yeah I'll cut tomorrow to give myself some time to meditate on the whole measuring thing) but now that I see what this sucker can do for me I bought one today and it will be delivered THURSDAY.  I'm most excited to track calorie burn and steps and distance (and SLEEP damn like whaaaat), and I'm also the type of dingus that'll track myself through the day and get motivated if I'm NOT doing well to get up and do some more laps around the office, or get that workout in at lunch, because if my numbers don't improve over time YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'M GONNA KICK MY OWN DAMN ASS

Image result for kick my own ass gif

Also I need a name for my Fitbit. I'm not sure where to go with this yet. It has to be cool.

Workouts miiiight be tough this week, my shoulder is really acting up, and my lower back is from shoveling too, so I need to be a careful.  I have a sports massage set for Wednesday after work so I'm hoping to get some resistance band work done tomorrow at lunch maybe? I'll see how I feel - usually I go 200% into things but I'm learning to be a little more practical overall.  (yay no fun)

That's all for tonight, HAPPY NEW CHALLENGE EVERYONE ❤️ 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, shaar said:

Also I need a name for my Fitbit. I'm not sure where to go with this yet. It has to be cool.

Michael Knight talked to KITT through his watch. A fitbit is worn like a watch. Your Fitbit will help you begin each day by saying Killing It Totally Today!

Maybe KITT is the name of your fitbit.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

HAI SHAAR, I AM MUCH EXCITE TO SEE YOU AND ROOT FOR YOU

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

10 hours ago, shaar said:

I bought one today

I tend to do that

WHICH ONE DID YOU GET?

I need to know, i have wanted one for so long!!! But like i usually do, i try to figure out which one i need, which one is best for me and it has to do this and that, and be compatible with that and that and that. And i need it for running so it needs GPS but i also need it automatically upload stuff, and i hate monthly fees and i just end up going...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor fuck this with your gif

So...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor smile gif

Which one did you get?

• Haha 1

... a little odd in the head ...

18 hours ago, shaar said:

Foxxxxxx HI WELCOME! ❤️❤️  Are you challenging with us this challenge? Or have you already posted it and I can't find it because I'm a big loser?? Time will tell.... :3

I have not posted it yet. I'm dragging my feet because I'm not excited about the plan I had and haven't thought of how to make it better yet. I gotta get on it! We're already 3 days into week 0!

18 hours ago, shaar said:

"measure twice", cut once, wait maybe I should measure another time, mmm maybe just ONE more time, just in case... yeah I'll cut tomorrow to give myself some time to meditate on the whole measuring thing

This is extremely relatable.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Michael Knight talked to KITT through his watch. A fitbit is worn like a watch. Your Fitbit will help you begin each day by saying Killing It Totally Today!

Maybe KITT is the name of your fitbit.

Did you know you are kinda a GENIUS?? I REALLY LIKE THIS. YOU DESERVE A PROMOTION LET IT BE KNOWN

FavoriteBrownBarebirdbat-max-1mb.gif

14 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

HAI SHAAR, I AM MUCH EXCITE TO SEE YOU AND ROOT FOR YOU

SKY I AM ALWAYS SO GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!!!!!!!! ❤️ 

11 hours ago, Salinger said:

Fitty McFitbit. 

Does this make sense to you across the pond?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boaty_McBoatface

:D

x

OMFG I remember reading the saga of Boaty McBoatface as it was happening and watching like a trainwreck ahahaha I LOVE IT

10 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

HI I AM FOLLOWING :D :D 

YETI IS HEREEEEEEEEEE Y E S !!! ❤️ 

10 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I tend to do that

WHICH ONE DID YOU GET?

I need to know, i have wanted one for so long!!! But like i usually do, i try to figure out which one i need, which one is best for me and it has to do this and that, and be compatible with that and that and that. And i need it for running so it needs GPS but i also need it automatically upload stuff, and i hate monthly fees and i just end up going...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor fuck this with your gif

So...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor smile gif

Which one did you get?

I purchased THIS BOYE HERE

https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/products/smartwatches/versa3

And I am super looking forward to it.  It does come with GPS tracking and I'm pretty sure that's standard with the Fitbit and doesn't require a premium subscription! They do offer a premium for $9.99/month (and you get a 3 month free trial) but honestly from what I'm reading it looks like more of the premium things are geared towards coaching and goal challenges and such. ( https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/products/services/premium?sku=365PREM-1 )  It looks like it tracks your data automatically and you don't have to "set" it for alarms and uploads and stuff too, it does it all for you.  Honestly I've wanted one for a while too but I never knew anyone who had one that I could watch but NOW THAT I DO, GAME ON.

You can change the bands too and I'm really hype about that. 

GET ONEEEEE :DDDD

Hi guys HAPPY TUESDAY it is snowing so that means no lunch workout for me, as we all came home at lunch to work remote and avoid the weather. (SO lucky I have that option!)  ALSO when I got home I discovered the water heater is LEAKING HOO BOY HOWDY and luckily Aoshi was here too so he could pry open the ding dang cabinet to look at it - it's conveniently located in the closet of my work room so I'm in here now with it and it's kinda of humid and tropical, like a jungley sauna, delightfully belying the snow and cold temperatures outside...

Somehow we have hot water and when the showers and faucets are on it's not furiously leaking at all, but the pan under it is full and there's definitely a slow leak from some of the seals on it when we run the hot water... there was a big ol' puddle on the floor today that freaked us out but luckily damage control is done and we are going to get our landlord on the case. (+10 to being a renter right now, phew.)  SO THAT WAS MY EXCITING TUESDAY.

Image result for water leaks gif

( i wish )

Tomorrow after work I am getting a sports massage and hope to be back in the workout game Thursday!  I NEED TO GET MOVING SOON. Last week went great for lifting but I definitely got to the end of my old injury rope and needed to stop when I did... sigh, bodies, WHY.  It's 2021 when can I have a robot skeleton and become an actual murderbot???

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, shaar said:

bodies, WHY. 

a566eb3337df07befd8b7b2725bf91a1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

On 2/8/2021 at 6:13 PM, shaar said:

I'm also the type of dingus that'll track myself through the day and get motivated if I'm NOT doing well to get up and do some more laps around the office, or get that workout in at lunch, because if my numbers don't improve over time YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'M GONNA KICK MY OWN DAMN ASS

I just got a fancy fitness watch too.  Mine buzzes and yells at me if I sit still for too long and DEFINITELY guilt trips me into getting up (used to not be an issue at school, but teaching on zoom means sitting on my ass...a lot) Also, sleep tracking is both awesome and a bit depressing.  So. Little. Deep. Sleep.

I hope your shoulder feels better soon!!

• Like 1