Captain Fantastic and the Quest for the Pages

Hello and welcome! This is your captain speaking!

For this month i have a plan in three parts, (que drumroll for the incredibles theme, which is to play while you read this and i explain my plan Oceans 11 style) 

PHASE ONE: NUTRITION

Dog Human Eating GIF by Testing 1, 2, 3

So last month i did a pretty decent job of sticking to my goal of sticking to my calorie goal, and that's basically my goal for this month. Stay in the calorie allotment, with variations in like when i work out. Within 100 calories. Sometimes i go a little over but i'm not kicking my butt about it. 

I'm aslo going to continue intermittent fasting and pounding out a gallon of water a day! 

PHASE TWO: EXERCISE

lifting weights GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

As i said last week, i've started back at the gym! My goal is two lifting days a week! Shouldn't be too hard! I know i should run some too but i'm not adding that to this challenge, if it happens it happens, but i'm not too worried about that! I'll be doing The "avenger's workout" list from the muscle and strenght magazine. I'll be keeping a notebook with all my workouts instead of logging it online because i don't want to pay for fitbod and i hate learning how to use new apps!

PHASE THREE: MIND

Drag Race Thinking GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I'm just working on reading more books and i've been okay about reading but making it a goal doesn't seem like a bad idea, I just want to read a chapter a day is all. Reading off the page and not audio book. I will also be listening to audio books though!!

So that's the challenge for this month! Excited to see where it goes and what happens!

SW:244

• Like 3

That's neat, and so are you

Hi! Think I've been liking your influence, started actually tracking calories myself to figure out the game. May the working out keep you feel amazing! 

Have books on your dock? 

May this challenge be awesome!

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

Hello, I figured i shold set some perameters for reading because "a chapter" is vague. 

It has to be a beginning to end chapter to get the win. No finishing chapters, no halfway through. 

Anyways! I had an indulgent couple of days and my body has reminded me that i do not NEED an indulgent couple of days! Lol

Today though i did a short walk, started my fast around 3pm, stuck to my food goal, and am going to the gym after work today! get them pecs working lol

• Like 1

HI! WE GONNA SKURT

Timothee Chalamet Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

So i've been struggling with food the last week REALLY bad, so i'm going to follow something of a meal plan, with sandwiches for lunch, eggs and oatmeal for breakfast, a couple snacks and a couple extra days at the gym! this has worked for me in the past and i'm REALLY struggling to stick to my nutrition goals right now. So the plan moving forward is drop the fasting, BUT prep meals and eat what i have prepped. I need to swing by the store and grab a thing or two, oatmeal and sandwich stuff, but outside of that i've already got most of the food i need at home. I'll also need to maybe lower the weight i'm moving at the gym, but that's fine by me. 

So I've got a "stick to my food" and a "go to the gym" goal

and my reading goal! Which is the only one i've been successfull witht his week! lol anyways 

• Like 1

Sounds like you are getting your week 1  bearings and see what is realistic to reach your goals for long term!

May I ask what you usually waives of this "usual meal plan".

Me I love my variety so trying to find a balance. Just curious what your own thinking is. 

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

On 2/7/2021 at 8:45 PM, Captainfantastic said:

As i said last week, i've started back at the gym! My goal is two lifting days a week! Shouldn't be too hard! I know i should run some too but i'm not adding that to this challenge, if it happens it happens, but i'm not too worried about that!

Running is evil and does not belong in an "I should" sentence. :) Depending on your reasons why you think it "should" happen, would doing some fast walking for warmups on lifting days work? 

Following!

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

On 2/14/2021 at 1:12 PM, Manarelle said:

Running is evil and does not belong in an "I should" sentence. :) Depending on your reasons why you think it "should" happen, would doing some fast walking for warmups on lifting days work? 

Following!

Maybe! I like being able to run better as i do it more, also i got vaccinated today and i'm already a sore mf so i'm just gonna jog tonight at the gym because i cannot pick things up and put them down BUT i am done being vaccinated for covid *dabs* today i spent the entirety of the day trying to get my car working before work, as it stalled out on me yesterday on the way to drop my kids off at their gram's. It is VERY cold and my fuel lines froze and i'm unhappy about it.  BUT hopefully it'll be resolved before i finish work! anyways, i'm looking to go a little over on calories but I'm not too fussed about it. It's been a stressful couple of days! Hope the same isn't true for you guys!

• Like 2

Yay for getting both doses for the vaccine!

Idk if you like listening to a story but I found ZombieRun to make my "regular walking area" a bit more fun as I'm very slowly going through the free stuff. 

Ugh for the car the stalling out :( ended up seeing a few cars down here in mankato where people were helping each other. Hope it gets figured out and prevented 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manarelle said:

WOOT! How ya feeling? Hopefully no side effects other than soreness? 

Oh god i was SO miserable after 8pm on monday and most of the day tuesday but then i felt pretty good by tuesday evening. So. I'm doing hekka good now!

TODAY was a great day!

-Excercise? I did my two day work out  today all together and i'm going to go and run tomorrow before my stream! Very excited to have been able to add weight to all my lifts today! I might make it a one day Lift and then a  3 days running? Maybe? I dunno. 

-NUTRITION I stayed in my calorie goal, I had eggs and oatmeal for breakfast, A turkey sub and some Cheddar potato chips for lunch and sheppard's pie with buttered bread and one of my residents gave me a mtn dew and a teensie weensie cup cake. Everything documented in MFP which is great! I've also drank half a gallon of water at this point and am gonna refil and start again. 

-EDUMACATION I have not read yet but i read monday while not being able to sleep (because i had chills and aches and stuff) but i did NOT read at all yesterday, today i'll be reading tonight after all my residents go to bed!

-BENNEDICTION I hope y'all are having a wonderful day! You're all wonderful! I appreciate you following along i've been on the struggle bus this week but I've got a running car, i've recovered from the vaccine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainfantastic said:

NUTRITION I stayed in my calorie goal, I had eggs and oatmeal for breakfast, A turkey sub and some Cheddar potato chips for lunch and sheppard's pie with buttered bread and one of my residents gave me a mtn dew and a teensie weensie cup cake. Everything documented in MFP which is great! I've also drank half a gallon of water at this point and am gonna refil and start again

Gosh that sounds good glad you got it all in and followed through!

Also happy to have you apart of the community :)

• Like 1

Hey diddly do! let's see what we do

HEYo today i did some running at the gym! EXERCISE GOAL ACHIEVED FOR THE WEEK! (Go for two days) 

I also planned my meals and haven't had dinner yet but i have it all planned to stay under. I had a late lunch so i'm gonna save dinner and enjoy it later. 

I haven't read yet but i just got to work and now I'm doing charting and chores and then my plan is honestly just to read all night so.  WOOT 

• Like 1

Hello! I have re arrived! I had a handfull of stressy depressy days but i'm back BAYBEEE

I went to the gym for week 2 day one and did shoulders and tried to run but was tired already lol i've also kept to my calorie allotment and am pounding out water. i've shifted from listening to audio books to jamming to music as a mood booster along with healthy caffiene and being hydrated. Things that release endorphins are really good for me, because i had a hard time getting out of bed the last few days so. I dunno.

Tips and tricks for mood boosters while struggling with depression. I hope to be insured soon so i can do counseling and stuff but

WE GOT WAY DEEP in this. Anyways.

hope y'all are doing well!

• Like 1