WhiteGhost Fulfills The Nerevarine Prophecy

Or will I?  Stay tuned to find out....

Image result for Morrowind key stats -site:pinterest.*

I have been playing a LOT of the Elder Scrolls recently.  I started out with Skyrim and then when I started running out of new character ideas, I decided to go back in the franchise to Morrowind, the 3rd installment.  In that game [SPOILER ALERT] you play the famed hero of prophecy, the Nerevarine.  I am going to base my challenge around that, as I expect much of my time this challenge will involve this game

Image result for Morrowind key stats -site:pinterest.*

Endurance:  In the game I have found that my biggest limiting factor is endurance.  I can only run for a minute or two before I am completely drained, and when you are drained you can't do anything and are easily killed.  My real live endurance is not much better, so in order to build up my endurance, I am going to be doing some running.  I expect most of this will be on my treadmill, but with the temperatures starting to get nice outside, I may also do some running at the park.  My minimum for success is 50Km over the course of the challenge.  That comes out to two 5k runs per week, which is totally doable.

Agility:  Agility is the attribute that keeps the enemies from being able to hit you.    For this challenge this is going to translate into stretching and mobility work, which will keep me from taking damage (getting injured) as I go about my questing.  Last challenge I tried to make this an evening thing but that did not work at all.  This time around I am going to try doing it in the mornings and see if that works any better.  Goal is to to at east 3 stretching sessions per week, meaning 15 sessions over the course of the challenge.  My 4 primary stretches focus on pike (posterior chain), straddle (hips), tuck (ankles), and pancake (hips and posterior chain).  

Personality:  Personality is another key attribute in the game, because often in order to complete any quest you have to interact with the NPCs, who won't do anything for you unless you have rapport with them.  A high personality score means less time running around doing tasks to build up rapport with NPCs so you can complete quests.  For this challenge, that means keeping up with other people here on NF.  Last time I tried to follow too many people and ended up getting WAY behind on all of them to the point where I was barely participating in any of them.  This time I am going to somehow limit the number of challenges I follow so I can stay up to date and active.  The hard part is deciding who to follow and who I have to skip this time around.  I need to be active in 10 other people's threads and keep my follows under 20 people (somehow).  Not sure yet how to track this one.

Willpower:  This attribute affect spell casting success rate and for me (since I am not playing a spellcaster) resistance to magicka.  This is important because getting hit with a paralyze spell in the middle of combat can be fatal.  For this challenge this is going to be about snacking.  I usually do pretty well on eating healthy during the day.  However, I tend to get the munchies in the evening and I inevitably go hunting for whatever is around the house.  Given that the Chinese New Year holiday starts this week, there is going to be tons of snacks around.  I am going to give myself a pass during the holiday, but once the holiday is over I am going to steal an idea from Deffy and have a snack pack.  Anything in the snack pack is OK, but that is the limit.  Once that is gone I can't have any more snacks. I will try to have my snack pack ready each morning, but if I fail to do that, it just means I can't have snacks.  Goal for this challenge is to have no more than 5 snack pack violations over the course of the challenge.  

Strength:  I almost left this off because it is something I would be doing anyway, but decided to include it anyway.  Strength is the attribute that determines how much damage output you do, but increased strength also correlates with increased weapon degradation.   Improving strength is good, as long as it is tempered and I don't try to overdo things.  I have lost a bit of strength over the winter from being indoors so much, so I need to be patient and not try to do too much too quickly.  Goals for this challenge is 3 workouts per week (15 total workout sessions for the challenge), but they don't have to be focused on anything beyond just getting outside and being active.    

Challenge Tracker:

Endurance: 

Agility:  

Personality:  

Willpower:  

Strength:  

• Like 14
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

11 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I have been playing a LOT of the Elder Scrolls recently.  I started out with Skyrim and then when I started running out of new character ideas, I decided to go back in the franchise to Morrowind, the 3rd installment.

The one with the good music.... :) 

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

I hear you on the "trying to keep up with everyone" problem. Maybe you can follow 20 people, but only 10 replies in a week?

Also following 

• Like 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Love your challenge set-ups as always, sir! Following along :D 

Image result for elder scrolls gif

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Following for gaming and goal awesomeness!

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

I'm here to follow your insane workouts...can't say I'll post again in your thread though :D 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: it's all routine

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 64

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

19 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

The one with the good music.... :) 

That is the first time I have listened to that :D   All of the dialog is text based so I just play it with the sound off

18 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I hear you on the "trying to keep up with everyone" problem. Maybe you can follow 20 people, but only 10 replies in a week?

Also following 

10 replies in a week is probably a little low for me, I usually get in about 10 replies for each session of "getting caught up on NF" (For the last few challenges I have been trying to follow more than 50 people....).  I'm not sur what this will look like but I suspect it will be mostly an intuitive thing about trying to stay involved but not beating myself up for being behind all the time.

Also, welcome :) 

15 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Says the person with the most loony workouts possible. 😜

Image result for I'm sure I have no idea what you are talking about gif -site:pinterest.*

15 hours ago, deftona said:

SNACKBOX BUDDY!

Image result for snackbox gif

Following along! 

Snackboxers 4 Lyfe!

15 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Just gonna occasionally poke in here to see how you are doing! And "motivate" you :D

Why do you make that sound so ominous :D 

15 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Ow and if you do not have too much trouble, keep us a bit updated on your ES characters!

Sure, absolutely can do

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Howdy!

Image result for howdy gif -site:pinterest.*

10 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Love your challenge set-ups as always, sir! Following along :D 

Image result for elder scrolls gif

Wolf

Welcome!  I have missed your last few challenges, I hope all is going swankily

8 hours ago, Shello said:

Following for gaming and goal awesomeness!

Welcome, happy to have you along

13 minutes ago, RES said:

I'm here to follow your insane workouts...can't say I'll post again in your thread though :D 

haha, totally relatable :D 

--------------------------------

Yesterday I didn't wake up until after 11 so my not very productive.  Or depending on you view sleep, extremely productive :D 

After getting some food, I headed over to the park in the early afternoon for some exercise.  I focused mostly on front & back levers, but my front levers have regressed to the point that I can only do advanced tuck lever holds now.  The single leg levers are just too heavy now.  Back levers are still OK, but my endurance has fallen so I kept reps and hold times low.  I also did some pushups, dips, handstands and a few run throughs of my gymnastics bar routine.  

I came home and wrote up my new challenge and then hopped on the treadmill and did my 5k.

For dinner I made some fried rice, but the rice was too fresh and it ended up being mostly just a sticky mess.  It tasted all right, though.

DvQchZp.jpg

After dinner I played some more Morrowind.  My character is a Wood Elf Archer, but he isn't as good with a bow as he is with his long sword, so I guess he is multiclassing :D  I got sent on a mission by my spy master overlord to scope out a Sixth House shrine find out what is going on there.  I ended up getting confronted by the priest who had a message for me: Join with Dagoth Ur (the end boss) or be his enemy.  Apparently I can choose to team up with him if I so choose, but that feels out of character for this guy (generally Lawful Good) so enemies they will be.

I wanted some Ritz in the evening but they were not in my snack box, so I made do with some almonds and an orange instead.

Also, here is a picture of Wraith chilling on the windowsill because I am in arrears on my Cat Tax

EkF4bYB.jpg

Challenge Tracker:

Endurance: 

Agility:  

Personality:  

Willpower:  

Strength:  

• Like 10

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yesterday I didn't wake up until after 11 so my not very productive.  Or depending on you view sleep, extremely productive :D 

Ok you are me on the other side of the world - I dragged myself out of bed just after 11 today! Of course this is where the similarities end. 

On an unrelated note ( ;) ), nice work on all the training! 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Im here and ready to follow this awesome challenge my dude!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

22 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor we talked about this gif

Image result for uh what -site:pinterest.*

Image result for uh what -site:pinterest.*

Was it the thing about everyone becoming a sneaky archer?

20 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

I have fond memories of Morrowind, and an abiding love for the soundtrack.

Following along!

I am liking this game a lot more now that I am not so squishy that I have to run away from everything except rats and scribs :D 

17 hours ago, deftona said:

Ok you are me on the other side of the world - I dragged myself out of bed just after 11 today! Of course this is where the similarities end. 

On an unrelated note ( ;) ), nice work on all the training! 

Yeah, the similarities only go so far.  I'm sure you have way better boobs than me.

thanks ;) 

15 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Im here and ready to follow this awesome challenge my dude!

Welcome, glad to have you here

------------------------

Yesterday I got up before 9 but didn't do much in the morning.  I did my stretching, although I didn't do it for as long as I was picturing it in my mind.  Still counts, though :) I faffed around doing something (I'm pretty sure it was something) and then I went out in early afternoon to the park for another workout.  It was another fun one, without any specific focus.  There were a few other guys there who could do cool stuff (one guy could do human flags, another guy could do handstand pushups) so it was mostly just a mutual show off session, with each of us showing off the cool skills we can do that the others can't and then trying to copy each other :) 

After I came back I rested and played a bit of Morrowind until dinner which was just heating up some ZhaJiang Noodles.  After dinner I did another 5k on the treadmill.

I wasn't feeling snacky at all, so I didn't even need my snack box.

Starting from today is the Chinese New Year Holiday, so no penalties for excess snacking for the next week

Image result for xinniankuaile -site:pinterest.*

Challenge Tracker:

Endurance: 

Agility:  

Personality:  

Willpower:  

Strength:  

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

27 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor nod in agreement gif

To be fair, though, I picked that specifically because I thought it would be a little OP and give me the best chance of surviving my first time through.  It turns out that isn't that simple though, and sneak shooting doesn't seem to necessarily increase my chance to hit.  As far as I can tell, Morrowind doesn't have this bug.

21 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Okay so this is also the time there is a 2 week stop from receiving products? I heard stuff about this as we get all of our Solar Panels from China.

Probably.  I think it equivalent to expecting something to happen in the West the last week of December between Christmas and New Years.  

Level 2 Ninja

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am liking this game a lot more now that I am not so squishy that I have to run away from everything except rats and scribs :D 

Yeah, I recall always spending a long time in the first little village hacking away at mudcrabs until I was reasonably robust!

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Was it the thing about everyone becoming a sneaky archer?

Not everyone. Just the cool kids. ;) 

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Starting from today is the Chinese New Year Holiday, so no penalties for excess snacking for the next week

My colleagues in China are all exited and looking forward to their time off work. We are seriously considering lobbying management to take the whole inclusion thing to the next level and give everyone time off for all major holidays, regardless of whether they are a national holiday in the country we live in or not. 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

There were a few other guys there who could do cool stuff (one guy could do human flags, another guy could do handstand pushups) so it was mostly just a mutual show off session, with each of us showing off the cool skills we can do that the others can't and then trying to copy each other :) 

I still find this utterly adorable.

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

We are seriously considering lobbying management to take the whole inclusion thing to the next level and give everyone time off for all major holidays, regardless of whether they are a national holiday in the country we live in or not. 

I wholeheartedly approve of this. And just to be clear, major holidays include pi day and international handstand day.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I wholeheartedly approve of this. And just to be clear, major holidays include pi day and international handstand day.

Also May the Fourth, Talk Like a Pirate Day, International Waffle Day, and any other we really want to celebrate just because we like the name :) 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021