Interested to see how you feed the creative monster!

• That's Metal 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Currently Posting in -->Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] 

40 minutes ago, Terra said:

Pictures!!!  We need pictures of the golden red wavy locks!  

Good to see you back and congrats on the new job.  

Terra!! How are you, chica?? I’ll def take pics and post them. Unfortunately the hair growth process is a slow one, so maybe one at the beginning and end of each challenge??

15 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

Interested to see how you feed the creative monster!

Hey brother! So, as of now, it’s writing. I’m 4 chapters deep in a story right now, sitting at around 7k words. I just haven’t had a lot of discipline to write lately. I personally think the story is rad, just need to jump back into writing for a couple hours a week :) 

Wolf

• That's Metal 2

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

2 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

It's still hard for me to learn when someone just shows me how to do it instead of me getting to do it myself. 

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Wolf

image.jpeg.a2df109107427fb4e0a382b56697baae.jpeg

Im seeing a lot of wins in this update! Sorry about the tweaky back, but it sounds like you are being mindful of it while not letting other elements slip.

• That's Metal 1
1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

image.jpeg.a2df109107427fb4e0a382b56697baae.jpeg

Ohhhhh, how true that is! Thank you for sharing that!

Im seeing a lot of wins in this update! Sorry about the tweaky back, but it sounds like you are being mindful of it while not letting other elements slip.

Most definitely! I don't want to let hiccups deter me from the long game. I'm not in this because of motivation. While that may have some spark to things that get me going, I'm here to grow discipline and fortitude ;) 

Image result for i do stuff gif

**Speaking of drinking... Does anyone know of any wines that you would ABSOLUTELY recommend ? I'm not much for the dryer wines or ones that are ridiculously sweet. So....maybe something in the middle??

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

18 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

So, I hurt my back a little bit last Monday. I was doing heavy squats and I came up wrong on my second set and felt a snag on the left side. I rested all week and in all honesty, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I was lucky! So, I went back to the gym yesterday and still felt a little of the snag, so, I basically backed off of the majority of exercises doing extremely light weight. I can still feel it today, so, I'm gonna take the rest of this week to just stretch it out (while also doing tons of push-ups and pull-ups because it doesn't aggravate my back). I'm supposed to help a friend of mine move Saturday, so, I want to make sure and be rested for that cuz she's paying me a pretty hefty sum to do so.

Hey Wolfie have you heard about Barbell Medicine?

Check this out:

https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog/pain-in-training-what-do/

Basically comes down to, if you hurt yourself, check what you still CAN do without pain, go from that. You said you hurt yourself with squatting. Well i'm quite sure you're ass didn't got the love and attention it deserved while i wasn't around, so it defintely could be that. Anywho, see what you can do, lower the weights. start with an empty barbell and gradually add weight and just stop before the discomfort becomes pain, is an empty barbell still too much start with less depth and work your way done to a full squat and start adding weights after that.

I have done a few times now and i am really impressed by the result.

1. You don't detrian so hard

2. The ache goes away much sooner 

Really it helps!

Trust me boo!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor you look like a snack gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

... a little odd in the head ...

I'm not a huge wine guy, but I did work in an Italian restaurant for awhile.

Some people view Cabernet Sauvignon as semi sweet. I never actually had it myself though. Same with Pinot Noir.

Pinot Grigio is sweet but from the ones I had I never felt like it was too sweet. 

Zinfandels where always too sweet for me, but the cook I worked with loved them.

I hope this is at least moderately helpful!

• Thanks 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Hey Wolfie have you heard about Barbell Medicine?

Check this out:

https://www.barbellmedicine.com/blog/pain-in-training-what-do/

Basically comes down to, if you hurt yourself, check what you still CAN do without pain, go from that. You said you hurt yourself with squatting. Well i'm quite sure you're ass didn't got the love and attention it deserved while i wasn't around, so it defintely could be that. Anywho, see what you can do, lower the weights. start with an empty barbell and gradually add weight and just stop before the discomfort becomes pain, is an empty barbell still too much start with less depth and work your way done to a full squat and start adding weights after that.

I have done a few times now and i am really impressed by the result.

1. You don't detrian so hard

2. The ache goes away much sooner 

Really it helps!

Trust me boo!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor you look like a snack gif

Thanks for the tip with the website, brother! I still do upper body exercises and mobilize daily. Even air squatting doesn’t bother me... but MAN! I keep waking up stuff as hell! It feels like during the day, it progressively gets better until the following morning. I switched to hack Squat this past Monday and only had 25#’s on each side but that proved to aggravate my back even still. So, I took it easy the remainder of the workout.

The cause of the issue is more than likely not even my back, but weak butt and hamstrings. When I went to the chiropractor last week for the issue he said my spine looked really good and I just had some tight spots in my left low back, upper left shoulder and in my neck. Maybe it’s even a neck issue?! Who knows.

1 hour ago, cn3wton said:

I'm not a huge wine guy, but I did work in an Italian restaurant for awhile.

Some people view Cabernet Sauvignon as semi sweet. I never actually had it myself though. Same with Pinot Noir.

Pinot Grigio is sweet but from the ones I had I never felt like it was too sweet. 

Zinfandels where always too sweet for me, but the cook I worked with loved them.

I hope this is at least moderately helpful!

Definitely!!  I know a little about the types of wine and tried a few here and there that I enjoyed. I’m just trying to find a solid brand that I could use as a “go-to”. I’m definitely more of a beer guy if I’m being honest.. I’m just trying to manage the empty calories it contains lol.

02/10 Update:

I managed to get in like 8 sets of pushups and pull-ups yesterday, which was nice. I use my pull-up bar to do low incline push-ups and then immediately go into pull-ups. I feel zero pain in my back when I do this which was great. I did another Smooth Panther stretch routine yesterday and that really helped my back, too. I need to remember just how important daily mobilization is and make time for it! I never regret it, even if I choose that over a nap. Speaking of nap... I may need to get one of those in today. I am dragging major ass lol. 

I left work around 11:15 last night which was nice but the night before was 12:30 and I’ve been having to get up to clock in at 7. Ugh. I miss the days when I was a salary employee and my work schedule was a little more flexible! This is why time management is on my “to-do list” lol. It’s not something easy to manage.

My plan today is get a nap in, mobilize and do more push-ups and pull-ups before I head off to Costco for the evening. Let’s see if I can make that happen!

finn the human lunch GIF

Wolf

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

I was a big beer guy for awhile. I still enjoy them with certain foods and on certain occassions.

If your looking for an alcoholic substitute I would suggest vodka, seltzer, with fresh lime squeezed into it. I first heard about it as being a good substitute in a diet book. I have gotten chastised as it being a "girly drink" but every person I get to try it falls in love with them. The trick is to go heavy on fresh squeezed lime. Don't just get 1 small lime wedge to go with it. Get 2-3 wedges based on the drink size. It's so good. 

• Like 1

In case it wasn't obvious from my moniker, I am a bit of a Sanderson fan myself.

Truth_Motto.jpg.1616fa8f035d3c5fa9334638f2810233.jpg

Navani's story arc I awesome, and she is probably my favorite character right now, although I also like Jasnah. 

I hope your new job and reboot continue to workout and that your back recovers quickly!

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

6 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

you sure are working crazy shifts, dude! ❤️

reading here I feel inspired to get back into moving by body more .. 

hope you get your nap in.. :)

Yeahhhh... I’m just now getting back into the swing of things and working 2 jobs again. It was nice to sleep in the last couple months, lol. 

I did NOT nap or stretch... yet. I’m gonna stretch when I get home, before I go to bed. I showered instead of napping. Not sure I made the right choice...

6 hours ago, cn3wton said:

I was a big beer guy for awhile. I still enjoy them with certain foods and on certain occassions.

If your looking for an alcoholic substitute I would suggest vodka, seltzer, with fresh lime squeezed into it. I first heard about it as being a good substitute in a diet book. I have gotten chastised as it being a "girly drink" but every person I get to try it falls in love with them. The trick is to go heavy on fresh squeezed lime. Don't just get 1 small lime wedge to go with it. Get 2-3 wedges based on the drink size. It's so good. 

That sounds pretty delicious my friend! I honestly don’t see anything girlie about it... unless it’s called something like a “buttery nipple” I think you’re fine. I’ll have to give that a go! Preciate the advice, brother.

28 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Gin and Tonic with lime juice is another favorite. You just gotta watch out and get a tonic water without too much sugar.

Ah. Gin and tonic. That used to be my go to drink back in the day. I’ll be on the lookout for low sugar tonic. Thanks, Tank!

8 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

In case it wasn't obvious from my moniker, I am a bit of a Sanderson fan myself.

Truth_Motto.jpg.1616fa8f035d3c5fa9334638f2810233.jpg

Navani's story arc I awesome, and she is probably my favorite character right now, although I also like Jasnah. 

I hope your new job and reboot continue to workout and that your back recovers quickly!

yussssssss!! Another fan 😊😊 Glad to have ya, Everstorm! (looooove the name!) and Truth Watcher, I see. Very nice! Do you find yourself identifying with Renarian at all?

Jasnah is an ice cold badass! She’s such a tough character, and I like learning more about her. Sanderson does such a good job of creating likable male and female characters. I’ve been stalling on finishing Oathbringer, but I’m gonna try my best before the weekend. I’m almost scared to dive into Rhythm of War because Sanderson has no plans to write book 5 anytime soon..

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

Wolf 

• Like 3

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

because Sanderson has no plans to write book 5 anytime soon..

will ferrell crying GIF

Whaaa?  I had not heard this!  Which series is he working on now?  My son is desperate for him to work on another installment of the Rithmatist (although he would settle for Reckoners).

*Update after reading State of the Sanderson: 2023????  Skyward is a good series, but it doesn't capture me the way some of his other works do.  Booooooo

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

37 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

will ferrell crying GIF

Whaaa?  I had not heard this!  Which series is he working on now?  My son is desperate for him to work on another installment of the Rithmatist (although he would settle for Reckoners).

*Update after reading State of the Sanderson: 2023????  Skyward is a good series, but it doesn't capture me the way some of his other works do.  Booooooo

Ewwwww... 2023 seems like forever!! Especially if it’s towards the end of 2023. I get it, taking on another Stormlight book has got to be some giant endeavor, draining ALL of your mental capacity. I need to read Warbreaker and catch up on Mistborn, so, I have other things to read for sure. But Stormlight...!! Reckoners series was pretty awesome too, though. I tried to read Skyward but couldn’t get into it. I might need to give that one another attempt before I completely dismiss it lol.

Wolf

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

On 2/9/2021 at 12:51 PM, Wild Wolf said:

I never read/listened to Carrie, but The Stand was my absolute favorite. I could re-read that one for sure!

The Stand is on my TBR list. I want to read the actual book rather than listening to it on audiobook. I'm not sure why, but that one I'm compelled to read myself. 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 261 lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Returns (Zelda Memes Wanted)

Previous Challenges: 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Good Reads

42 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

The Stand is on my TBR list. I want to read the actual book rather than listening to it on audiobook. I'm not sure why, but that one I'm compelled to read myself. 

When I was a teen I read my mom's copy, which was a special edition of some sort with extra content. Definitely recommend!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

51 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

When I was a teen I read my mom's copy, which was a special edition of some sort with extra content. Definitely recommend!

I've heard nothing but good things. That it's one of his best works. So far I think my favorite has been The Shining. I'm definitely on a Stephen King kick right now. 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

Good Reads

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I loved Skyward, and Rithmatist was so funny. I love how Sanderson  varies his writing style

I haven't ventured into the Rithmatist, but I've heard good things! 

1 hour ago, RhiaWolfe said:

So, the audio I listened too had more than 1 narrator if I'm not mistaken. It was really good! I really enjoyed his variety of characters, particularly Nick (who just so happened to share my same birthday!) I'm excited for you to read it!

56 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I think my version was the "extended" one as well. Sooooooooo good!

4 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I've heard nothing but good things. That it's one of his best works. So far I think my favorite has been The Shining. I'm definitely on a Stephen King kick right now. 

I would have to agree. It's definitely my favorite. The Shining was another good one. Creepy. As. Hell!

02/10 Update:

• No nap, showered instead
  • I did a stretch/mobilization routine before bed last night
  • On top of recouping from a minor back strain, I'm also dealing with a cold. Sniffles, congestion but NO fever. And my snot is clear, so, no infection which is good. However, runny nose SUCKS!
  • Only did like 2 sets of push-ups/pull-ups
  • Heather made a breakfast scramble yesterday morning and it was divine: potatoes, bacon, sausage, spinach and some sunny side up eggs. I had 2 servings!
  • Listened to an hour in a half of Oathbringer last night, and BOY, OH, BOY, is it getting good! It's on the last battle at the end and I've been on the edge of my seat! The pacing has been fantastic!
  • Wrapping my head around this weather....it's 23 degrees right now, which to the majority of Northerners is nothing...but we don't see that kind of cold in Texas very often. I'm REALLY not looking forward to helping my friend move Saturday tbh. The coldness is not gonna be fun! (At least I'm getting paid for it)

Wolf

• Like 7

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

On 2/10/2021 at 5:02 PM, Wild Wolf said:

The cause of the issue is more than likely not even my back, but weak butt and hamstrings. When I went to the chiropractor last week for the issue he said my spine looked really good and I just had some tight spots in my left low back, upper left shoulder and in my neck. Maybe it’s even a neck issue?! Who knows.

Have you got a massage peanut? Rolling either side of your spine with one of those may help. Also a massage ball in the lower back and glutes.

16 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

I showered instead of napping. Not sure I made the right choice...

I'm sure the people around you appreciate it!

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 4  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 1  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Little and Often

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

2 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

I think my version was the "extended" one as well. Sooooooooo good!

Agreed! As a fantasy person, I highly recommend you read The Dark Tower series. If you push through the first one, they get better as you go. 

2 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Like I told Wolf, I HIGHLY recommend The Dark Tower. And also IT. That book took me from apathetic about clowns to full on scared of them... at 18. 

And The Shining has a sequel if you haven't read it - Doctor Sleep

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

feel better soon, Wolf! ❤️

Thank you, Fearless! My head cold seems to be drastically better right now. I just took some cold and flu meds just in case, but otherwise, I can breathe out of BOTH nostrils! Woot woot! My back is better too-just still a tad sore. Stretching and foam rolling have been helping a lot.

Image result for deep breath gif

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

Have you got a massage peanut? Rolling either side of your spine with one of those may help. Also a massage ball in the lower back and glutes.

I'm sure the people around you appreciate it!

No sir, I don't. I may need to look at getting one. I did have a massage ball...but misplaced it a while back. Either that, or my daughter, who likes to go through my backpacks, took it out and hid it from me. She's sneaky like that, lol. I wasn't stinky, per say...but I did have hat hair. That's never good!

1 hour ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Agreed! As a fantasy person, I highly recommend you read The Dark Tower series. If you push through the first one, they get better as you go. 

So, I've read the first 2 books and enjoyed them. I need to get back to  those eventually. The narrator, George Guidall, is pretty amazing! Also, jumping off Stephen King, check out the Red Rising series by Pierce Brown. OMG....it's sooooooooo flippin good. It actually may be my favorite book series ever if I'm being honest.

1 hour ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Like I told Wolf, I HIGHLY recommend The Dark Tower. And also IT. That book took me from apathetic about clowns to full on scared of them... at 18. 

Whew... IT was disturbing. It was good, but damn, there was some fudged up stuff in that book! As for Doctor Sleep, I've been wanting to watch the movie, but I'm thinking I should probably read the book first. Books are always better, anyways.

One more work day left: this evening. I feel energized knowing I don't have to work Costco tomorrow evening. And my plan is to finish Oathbringer tonight. Since we can't have headphones in at work, I wear a beanie and tuck my air pod underneath, lol. And now that I can breathe out of my nose, doing a Smooth Panther routine should be 1000% times better! Nothing like having your nose clog up when you're doing frog pose...ugh. I hope everyone is having a good day today! Stay warm!

Wolf

• Like 5

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

Yucky cold doesn’t sound fun! Glad to hear you’re starting to feel better! Mumma Wolf’s scramble sounds amazing!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

• Wrapping my head around this weather....it's 23 degrees right now, which to the majority of Northerners is nothing...but we don't see that kind of cold in Texas very often. I'm REALLY not looking forward to helping my friend move Saturday tbh. The coldness is not gonna be fun! (At least I'm getting paid for it)

Oh man, I feel you on the cold weather. It's 14 degrees Fahrenheit this morning and I'm not ok with it. We're supposed to get a blizzard this weekend too! Ugh... There's a reason I don't live further north. 

19 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Oh, I've already read the whole Dark Tower series. I've also read IT twice (I didn't really find it that scary. I was more interested in the relationship of the children than I was scared of Pennywise.) 

I also read Doctor Sleep. It was an interesting book... definitely different from The Shining. Not as scary. Now the Shining, THAT I found scary. 

Here are the books I've read by King:

Dark Tower series

Eyes of the Dragon

The Long Walk

The Shining

Doctor Sleep

IT

Misery

Now I'm reading Carrie. I guess I'll read The Stand next. I started the Stand at one point, but it was right as the pandemic hit. I was reading about the super flu in the book and it just hit too close to home so I decided to stop for now. I need to pick it back up. 

So, I've read the first 2 books and enjoyed them. I need to get back to  those eventually. The narrator, George Guidall, is pretty amazing! Also, jumping off Stephen King, check out the Red Rising series by Pierce Brown. OMG....it's sooooooooo flippin good. It actually may be my favorite book series ever if I'm being honest.

Sadly, George Guidall got into an accident that made it impossible for him to continue to do audio books while he was in the middle of recording the Dark Tower series, so be prepared that in the middle of the series they change narrators. George Guidall was amazing as a narrator.

I started reading Red Rising, but didn't have enough time to finish it before it had to go back to the library. I haven't gotten it back yet to continue reading. I enjoyed what I read though! Definitely one I want to finish. 

Whew... IT was disturbing. It was good, but damn, there was some fudged up stuff in that book! As for Doctor Sleep, I've been wanting to watch the movie, but I'm thinking I should probably read the book first. Books are always better, anyways.

IT did have some pretty messed up stuff in it, that's for sure. Honestly, the only reason I read it twice was because my book club picked that book to read for the month and it had been a while since I had read it. lol. 

I still haven't watched the Doctor Sleep movie yet. I wonder how it compares. 

Heroine of Time

Good Reads